Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let Us Abandon Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2015
I think we should have the option to abandon a quest. It's very annoying when you have a side quest you don't want to do, but to clear space on your quest page you HAVE to do it.. My quest page is very clustered because of miscellaneous side quests. So please give us the option to abandon a quest, I'm thinking just have an X button on the quest we want to abandon, then have a window pop up saying "Are you sure you want to abandon this quest?" with a yes and a no button. Who else agrees? Let me know if you support my idea, and thanks for reading!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
RinOkumaru321 on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
I think we should have the option to abandon a quest. It's very annoying when you have a side quest you don't want to do, but to clear space on your quest page you HAVE to do it.. My quest page is very clustered because of miscellaneous side quests. So please give us the option to abandon a quest, I'm thinking just have an X button on the quest we want to abandon, then have a window pop up saying "Are you sure you want to abandon this quest?" with a yes and a no button. Who else agrees? Let me know if you support my idea, and thanks for reading!
this idea would be great in theory, but a mess in practice.

since i work in dotcom support, i can only imagine the tickets that would come through the ki helpdesk if this were allowed:

"help, i deleted my main quest";
"i didn't know this boss dropped x";
"my [child/best friend/significant other] deleted my quest"

prof. greyrose has said in the past that this will never be implemented, and i believe it's with good reason.

-von

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
RinOkumaru321 on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
Agreed this would help out alot on my pirate101 series

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
If you speak to a character that offers a quest you don't want, as long as you haven't clicked accept you can still decline it, even if there is no decline button. Just press escape and quit back to the character selection screen. You can then select the same character and return to the game, the dialog will be closed and you won't have accepted the quest. If you want to do the quest later you just talk to the character again.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2015
Dr Von on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:
this idea would be great in theory, but a mess in practice.

since i work in dotcom support, i can only imagine the tickets that would come through the ki helpdesk if this were allowed:

"help, i deleted my main quest";
"i didn't know this boss dropped x";
"my [child/best friend/significant other] deleted my quest"

prof. greyrose has said in the past that this will never be implemented, and i believe it's with good reason.

-von
You make some good points, it could be problematic, but I have some solutions:

You said that people could accidentally delete quests, but that's the whole point of having a box come up that says "Are you sure?" So even if you accidentally clicked the X button, that would come up stopping you if it was a mistake.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
RinOkumaru321 on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:

You said that people could accidentally delete quests, but that's the whole point of having a box come up that says "Are you sure?" So even if you accidentally clicked the X button, that would come up stopping you if it was a mistake.
Still ain't happening, as confirmed by Prof. Greyrose.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

That wouldn't solve the issues. People "accidentally" delete their wizards all the time and that's more a complicated process than "Are you sure?" There's also a point to be made for doing what you say you will. You shouldn't agree to a quest unless you plan on following through. It shouldn't be a simple click away to erase your obligations and promises made. It's very simple, if you don't want to do a quest, don't accept it.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

I agree with Von here. I've done tech support for an internet and also a cell phone provider, and I can tell you, instituting this would be a colossal mistake. Instead of a new world every year or two, we'd MAYBE get one a decade. Instead of bug fixes it would be quest fixing.

I think a MUCH better option would be an option to ONLY accept storyline quests. By turning this option on, NO NPC in the game would offer a side quest or task. This way, it's not deleting the quests, it's making them not even an option and would head off the problems. You could ALWAYS turn it on later and go back and collect those quests. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than allowing quest deletion.

Also, keep in mind that some of those early side quests, especially for spells, become mandatory later on in order to get other spells. As I recall, the quest Turn Up the Sun is a side quest, and if you don't do previous side quests (Drum Jungle sun school obelisk restoration) requirements, you wont even get to Turn Up the Sun. At the time of this posting, central is down, so I can't back this up, but I believe this is the truth. if Im wrong, PLEASE correct me

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
dayerider on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
I agree with Von here. I've done tech support for an internet and also a cell phone provider, and I can tell you, instituting this would be a colossal mistake. Instead of a new world every year or two, we'd MAYBE get one a decade. Instead of bug fixes it would be quest fixing.

I think a MUCH better option would be an option to ONLY accept storyline quests. By turning this option on, NO NPC in the game would offer a side quest or task. This way, it's not deleting the quests, it's making them not even an option and would head off the problems. You could ALWAYS turn it on later and go back and collect those quests. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than allowing quest deletion.

Also, keep in mind that some of those early side quests, especially for spells, become mandatory later on in order to get other spells. As I recall, the quest Turn Up the Sun is a side quest, and if you don't do previous side quests (Drum Jungle sun school obelisk restoration) requirements, you wont even get to Turn Up the Sun. At the time of this posting, central is down, so I can't back this up, but I believe this is the truth. if Im wrong, PLEASE correct me
You're correct.