Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jewels on Mounts

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
My idea is simple - let us use our jewels on our mounts!
Why is this good?
Well we were introduced to mounts with stats. I dislike this because mounts are a big part of how we decide to look when we roam the spiral. putting stats on will mounts make us prefer mounts that doesn't necessarily fit the way we want to look. although stats are now low, they will get higher and higher, making them too useful to pass out on.

So I think the natural way to overcome this problem is let us decide what mounts we want to have stats! this will be done by allowing us to use our gear jewels on them. I think that all mounts should have all 4 jewels shapes sockets locked.
we would open the ones we want to use by level:
1-49: one socket
50-99: 2 sockets
100-149: 3 sockets
150+: all 4 sockets (future updates)

so if I'm level 72 and I get a new mount I want to use, I can unlock 2 sockets on it (any shapes I like) and use my jewels on it.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Ian Dragonpyre on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
Why is this good?
Well we were introduced to mounts with stats. I dislike this because mounts are a big part of how we decide to look when we roam the spiral. putting stats on will mounts make us prefer mounts that doesn't necessarily fit the way we want to look. although stats are now low, they will get higher and higher, making them too useful to pass out on.

So I think the natural way to overcome this problem is let us decide what mounts we want to have stats! this will be done by allowing us to use our gear jewels on them. I think that all mounts should have all 4 jewels shapes sockets locked.

so if I'm level 72 and I get a new mount I want to use, I can unlock 2 sockets on it (any shapes I like) and use my jewels on it.
I love this idea!

Though I think that the sockets may be limited to one per mount. Kingsisle might allow us to alternate socket shapes.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
rusher2828 on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
I love this idea!

Though I think that the sockets may be limited to one per mount. Kingsisle might allow us to alternate socket shapes.
I'm glad you like it

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Ian Dragonpyre on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
Why is this good?

NOOO!!!! This is such a bad idea because I'd it works ANYTHING like gear jewels, you will be able to attach pierce to it. Imagine 3 pierce jewels, that would RUIN EVERYTHING. That would break a game that's already broken and I would probably honestly just quit and never come back. 1 of my friends once said that Kingsisle would add mount jewels to ruin the game even more. If you think having 46 pierce is a good idea then NO ONE will be able to beat a player that goes first especially if that player is balance, ice or fire. Even having triangle sockets is a bad idea because ice wizards would have perfect power pip chance and accuracy without having to sacrifice any resist or damage. So just imagine an ice with 95 damage, 7.6k health, 65 resist, ~40 pierce, 25% crit, 80% block and perfect power pip chance and accuracy. That is obviously so broken and lame.

Lvl 110
Lvl 91
Lvl 27

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on May 5, 2016 wrote:
NOOO!!!! This is such a bad idea because I'd it works ANYTHING like gear jewels, you will be able to attach pierce to it. Imagine 3 pierce jewels, that would RUIN EVERYTHING. That would break a game that's already broken and I would probably honestly just quit and never come back. 1 of my friends once said that Kingsisle would add mount jewels to ruin the game even more. If you think having 46 pierce is a good idea then NO ONE will be able to beat a player that goes first especially if that player is balance, ice or fire. Even having triangle sockets is a bad idea because ice wizards would have perfect power pip chance and accuracy without having to sacrifice any resist or damage. So just imagine an ice with 95 damage, 7.6k health, 65 resist, ~40 pierce, 25% crit, 80% block and perfect power pip chance and accuracy. That is obviously so broken and lame.

Lvl 110
Lvl 91
Lvl 27
Can you even have a mount in PvP? I thought when you went into the arena, you demounted, which means you lose your mount bonus, just like when you go into a dungeon (I've checked the dungeon aspect personally). PLEASE correct me if Im wrong, because I dont PvP. If i am right though, you're concerns are simply reactionary and promoting fear for no reason, other than to not do something you disagree with.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
dayerider on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Can you even have a mount in PvP? I thought when you went into the arena, you demounted, which means you lose your mount bonus, just like when you go into a dungeon (I've checked the dungeon aspect personally). PLEASE correct me if Im wrong, because I dont PvP. If i am right though, you're concerns are simply reactionary and promoting fear for no reason, other than to not do something you disagree with.
I've never tested if it works in the arena because I don't have any mounts with stats but I'm pretty sure it does

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I've never tested if it works in the arena because I don't have any mounts with stats but I'm pretty sure it does
Stat mounts work in pvp, but so far only boost 2% to healing, attack, precision or power pip chance.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Stat mounts work in pvp, but so far only boost 2% to healing, attack, precision or power pip chance.
good to know

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012

Lvl 110
Lvl 91
Lvl 27
If you were to read carfuly you would notice that you can only have 1 of each socket type. Meaning you can at most use 1 pierce jewel per mount.

Please read my idea again.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Ian Dragonpyre on May 6, 2016 wrote:
If you were to read carfuly you would notice that you can only have 1 of each socket type. Meaning you can at most use 1 pierce jewel per mount.

Please read my idea again.
Still a bad idea then. There is a reason why there isn't a circle socket Rasputin deck

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
I wouldn't like this. I like to switch up my mounts all the time and would be losing out on stat bonuses from switching it around. If you want more jewel slots (which I don't think I would be a big fan of), you could add one to wand or amulet, or have special hats/robes that have lower stats but can be jeweled.