Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It only makes sense.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 09, 2009
I shall begin my topic by saying that the overall meaning of the school of Fire is doing damage overtime to multiple enemies, while the main theme of the school of Storm is doing all of your damage at one time to one target. Next I shall explain wards and charms. A ward takes effect on the spell once it has hit the wearer of the ward. It only spreads its effects to the one who it was cast on during that one hit. Charms on the other hand, take effect on the spell as it is cast. Any effects it puts on the spell are applied to any and all targets of the spell and any after effects, such as damage over time. Now that the background information has been given, I will get to the point of this post. I firmly believe that the Supercharge and Backdraft spells should be switched. Storm's strongest spells effect only one target, and do all of their damage up front. As such, they would not suffer from having their powerful charm replaced with an equally powerful charm. On the Fire side however, our best spells attack all of our enemies or do all of their damage on different rounds. Pyromancers would strongly gain from having backdraft turned into a charm. We would not have to wait all of our turns to save up pips to cast a super powerful backdraft... and then cast another one so that our rain of fire or heckhound does decent damage through all of their stages of attack. To me this is just an idea that seems to make sense, but you are welcome to post any arguments you may have.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Phoenixtail on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
I shall begin my topic by saying that the overall meaning of the school of Fire is doing damage overtime to multiple enemies, while the main theme of the school of Storm is doing all of your damage at one time to one target. Next I shall explain wards and charms. A ward takes effect on the spell once it has hit the wearer of the ward. It only spreads its effects to the one who it was cast on during that one hit. Charms on the other hand, take effect on the spell as it is cast. Any effects it puts on the spell are applied to any and all targets of the spell and any after effects, such as damage over time. Now that the background information has been given, I will get to the point of this post. I firmly believe that the Supercharge and Backdraft spells should be switched. Storm's strongest spells effect only one target, and do all of their damage up front. As such, they would not suffer from having their powerful charm replaced with an equally powerful charm. On the Fire side however, our best spells attack all of our enemies or do all of their damage on different rounds. Pyromancers would strongly gain from having backdraft turned into a charm. We would not have to wait all of our turns to save up pips to cast a super powerful backdraft... and then cast another one so that our rain of fire or heckhound does decent damage through all of their stages of attack. To me this is just an idea that seems to make sense, but you are welcome to post any arguments you may have.
110% agreed!

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Phoenixtail on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
Ive been wishing backdraft was a blade since it came out.

Explorer
Dec 28, 2010
they are fine the way they are and why not just ask for them to turn back draft into a blade and not switch and besides storm is stronger for damage so blades give more it makes sense for a storm to get a blade

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I too would love to see Backdraft become a Blade vs a Trap, since it would be a much more potent weapon, but still not one you could use just anywhere. It would make a spell like Heckhound become a MUCH more potent tool since it would affect it going OUT, and not for the first incoming round. Along the lines of changing a card "because it makes sense", I really wish Detonate would be a Sun School Spell, as I outlined here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a41b3c1e9a05013c417e42b02d81?reset=1

if you combine Backdraft the Blade (instead of trap) along with my idea to change Detonate to a sun school spell, that got used prior to casting, it would be a killer combo, and not because I suggested it on the thread I posted, but because it really just makes more sense that way. And I know I am not the ONLY one to want both of these spells changed slightly

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
yea i think we can all agree that KI went over a bump with backdraft and detonate.