Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I hate to burst your bubble about Wintertusk

1
AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
Guys, I hate to burst your bubble about hoping Wintertusk will be related to CL and hoping for level 70, but it probably wont be related to Celestia and there probably wont be any new level cap. Why? Here are two reasons:

First, Lydia said that it will be available to ALL levels of Young Wizards. That means that this wont be part of Morganthe, because why would you go straight from a world straight for level 48+ to a world for ALL levels? That also means no level cap.

Second, in the picture of Grandmother Raven, that's not a horn. It's probably a tusk (hint the name Wintertusk). If it were a horn, the other end wouldn't be pointed.

I'm sorry for ruining the fun, but it's probably the truth. :x

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
329
willwolf64 wrote:
Guys, I hate to burst your bubble about hoping Wintertusk will be related to CL and hoping for level 70, but it probably wont be related to Celestia and there probably wont be any new level cap. Why? Here are two reasons:

First, Lydia said that it will be available to ALL levels of Young Wizards. That means that this wont be part of Morganthe, because why would you go straight from a world straight for level 48+ to a world for ALL levels? That also means no level cap.

Second, in the picture of Grandmother Raven, that's not a horn. It's probably a tusk (hint the name Wintertusk). If it were a horn, the other end wouldn't be pointed.

I'm sorry for ruining the fun, but it's probably the truth. :x


Just because Prof. Greyrose said that WT would be available to all levels of Wizards doesn't NECESSARILY mean no level cap increase.

Also, the thing in Lady Nightstar's hand is, in fact, a mideveal horn. If it's not, it's a very oddly-shaped tusk. Tusks aren't hollow, first of all, and actually, most species who have tusks don't have pointed tusks. I only know of boars and about two species of elephant who have pointed tusks. The rest are blunt. So, a hollow tusk AND a pointed tusk? That seems a little off, doesn't it?

Don't shoot the goose before it lays its egg. You don't know if it's golden or not.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Deep Philosopher

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
232
willwolf64 wrote:
Guys, I hate to burst your bubble about hoping Wintertusk will be related to CL and hoping for level 70, but it probably wont be related to Celestia and there probably wont be any new level cap. Why? Here are two reasons:

First, Lydia said that it will be available to ALL levels of Young Wizards. That means that this wont be part of Morganthe, because why would you go straight from a world straight for level 48+ to a world for ALL levels? That also means no level cap.

Second, in the picture of Grandmother Raven, that's not a horn. It's probably a tusk (hint the name Wintertusk). If it were a horn, the other end wouldn't be pointed.

I'm sorry for ruining the fun, but it's probably the truth. :x


Okay did you even read the Updates on that. They specifically said there would be new spells and Level 58 Pets. You can go check it out on their updates (it also might be on the log-on screen, the first topic I think).

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
90
Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
6
Superwiz1560 wrote:


Just because Prof. Greyrose said that WT would be available to all levels of Wizards doesn't NECESSARILY mean no level cap increase.

Also, the thing in Lady Nightstar's hand is, in fact, a mideveal horn. If it's not, it's a very oddly-shaped tusk. Tusks aren't hollow, first of all, and actually, most species who have tusks don't have pointed tusks. I only know of boars and about two species of elephant who have pointed tusks. The rest are blunt. So, a hollow tusk AND a pointed tusk? That seems a little off, doesn't it?

Don't shoot the goose before it lays its egg. You don't know if it's golden or not.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Deep Philosopher

Great point. I agree with SuperWiz.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
99
there probably wont be a level increase well in my opinion but in that picture it is a horn i think because mountain goats and rams have horns like that, they are curved

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
5
I agree with the Author, their will NOT be a Level Cap to 70. And Wintertusk is infact related to both Grizzleheim and Celestia.


If you notice what the commercial said (Battle Morganth), and now Wizards say that Morganth is to battle in the next worlds found in the Spiral. So the way Celestia and Wintertusk are related is, Wintertusk is half Storm and half Ice.


You might now know, but you can easily judge what school a world is by color and by the last bosses school (For example is Death).


And Professor Greyrose clearly said that it will be for all Young Wizards. But I think that that isnt much appropriate because the ranks get higher.


If you notice Grizzleheim HAS Grandfather Ravens, so the Grandfather Ravens might have something to do with Grandmother Raven, this also means that Grizzleheim and Wintertusk were infact maybe torn apart by the break-out of Malistare.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
23
Well the lvl cap must be increased seeing as there is going to be another school quest for the pets. And I don't think that they would have 2 lvl 58 quests. Not to mention, GH is available to lvl 20's and up. So, if it continues that storyline, it is bound to be harder than GH. Possibly for lvl 40 an up? Plus, a lot of people will do WT for the fun, however the quests and battle will give out experience and for those lvl 60 wizards, like myself, would not gain any experience, ruining half the fun. I am 99% sure there will be a lvl cap. Although I would have to agree on the no CL relations. Mother Raven created the spiral with Bartleby, so just a hunch, there will be a lot of going to WC. Celestia is on a whole other epic storyline, along with the WC and GH ones. However the WC and GH ones are very linked. It is just my suspicions that WC will become more important than ever, and the Spiral will become clearer than ever. Either way, Wintertusk is bound to be a huge hit. I can't wait for it.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
Superwiz1560 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:
Guys, I hate to burst your bubble about hoping Wintertusk will be related to CL and hoping for level 70, but it probably wont be related to Celestia and there probably wont be any new level cap. Why? Here are two reasons:

First, Lydia said that it will be available to ALL levels of Young Wizards. That means that this wont be part of Morganthe, because why would you go straight from a world straight for level 48+ to a world for ALL levels? That also means no level cap.

Second, in the picture of Grandmother Raven, that's not a horn. It's probably a tusk (hint the name Wintertusk). If it were a horn, the other end wouldn't be pointed.

I'm sorry for ruining the fun, but it's probably the truth. :x


Just because Prof. Greyrose said that WT would be available to all levels of Wizards doesn't NECESSARILY mean no level cap increase.

Also, the thing in Lady Nightstar's hand is, in fact, a mideveal horn. If it's not, it's a very oddly-shaped tusk. Tusks aren't hollow, first of all, and actually, most species who have tusks don't have pointed tusks. I only know of boars and about two species of elephant who have pointed tusks. The rest are blunt. So, a hollow tusk AND a pointed tusk? That seems a little off, doesn't it?

Don't shoot the goose before it lays its egg. You don't know if it's golden or not.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Deep Philosopher

Yes, but Lydia would have said something about a level cap increase. And remember, this is part of the GH storyline, and GH had barely any XP because it wasn't meant for leveling.

Also, I know that some horns look like that, but come on. The other end is too curled up to be able to be blown in, and the bigger end doesn't even look hollow.

But, she said this would be part of the GH story arc, so why would they mix that up with the Celestia story arc? It just doesn't make any sense. :?

But who knows, that might not be a tucsk, nor a horn. We'll just have to wait and see...

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
5
willwolf64 wrote:
Guys, I hate to burst your bubble about hoping Wintertusk will be related to CL and hoping for level 70, but it probably wont be related to Celestia and there probably wont be any new level cap. Why? Here are two reasons:

First, Lydia said that it will be available to ALL levels of Young Wizards. That means that this wont be part of Morganthe, because why would you go straight from a world straight for level 48+ to a world for ALL levels? That also means no level cap.

Second, in the picture of Grandmother Raven, that's not a horn. It's probably a tusk (hint the name Wintertusk). If it were a horn, the other end wouldn't be pointed.

I'm sorry for ruining the fun, but it's probably the truth. :x


Sry but i personally think your wrong. Just because all lvls can go doesn't mean no lvl cap, kt, ms, mb, and ds let all lvls go and they still have high lvls. You cuold be right but i srsly doubt that sry :P

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
icewing43 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:
Guys, I hate to burst your bubble about hoping Wintertusk will be related to CL and hoping for level 70, but it probably wont be related to Celestia and there probably wont be any new level cap. Why? Here are two reasons:

First, Lydia said that it will be available to ALL levels of Young Wizards. That means that this wont be part of Morganthe, because why would you go straight from a world straight for level 48+ to a world for ALL levels? That also means no level cap.

Second, in the picture of Grandmother Raven, that's not a horn. It's probably a tusk (hint the name Wintertusk). If it were a horn, the other end wouldn't be pointed.

I'm sorry for ruining the fun, but it's probably the truth. :x


Okay did you even read the Updates on that. They specifically said there would be new spells and Level 58 Pets. You can go check it out on their updates (it also might be on the log-on screen, the first topic I think).

Level 58 pets have NOTHING to do with a new level cap. And new spells don't have to mean new level cap.

Pshh. I can't wait to prove you all wrong.

What I'm saying is, if all levels of Wizards could go to WT, that just meants they could skip CL if it were part of that arc.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
329
willwolf64 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:
Guys, I hate to burst your bubble about hoping Wintertusk will be related to CL and hoping for level 70, but it probably wont be related to Celestia and there probably wont be any new level cap. Why? Here are two reasons:

First, Lydia said that it will be available to ALL levels of Young Wizards. That means that this wont be part of Morganthe, because why would you go straight from a world straight for level 48+ to a world for ALL levels? That also means no level cap.

Second, in the picture of Grandmother Raven, that's not a horn. It's probably a tusk (hint the name Wintertusk). If it were a horn, the other end wouldn't be pointed.

I'm sorry for ruining the fun, but it's probably the truth. :x


Just because Prof. Greyrose said that WT would be available to all levels of Wizards doesn't NECESSARILY mean no level cap increase.

Also, the thing in Lady Nightstar's hand is, in fact, a mideveal horn. If it's not, it's a very oddly-shaped tusk. Tusks aren't hollow, first of all, and actually, most species who have tusks don't have pointed tusks. I only know of boars and about two species of elephant who have pointed tusks. The rest are blunt. So, a hollow tusk AND a pointed tusk? That seems a little off, doesn't it?

Don't shoot the goose before it lays its egg. You don't know if it's golden or not.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Deep Philosopher

Yes, but Lydia would have said something about a level cap increase. And remember, this is part of the GH storyline, and GH had barely any XP because it wasn't meant for leveling.

Also, I know that some horns look like that, but come on. The other end is too curled up to be able to be blown in, and the bigger end doesn't even look hollow.

But, she said this would be part of the GH story arc, so why would they mix that up with the Celestia story arc? It just doesn't make any sense. :?

But who knows, that might not be a tucsk, nor a horn. We'll just have to wait and see...


You have to remember, Wintertusk is still being developed. Prof. Greyrose just gave us a very vague peek at Wintertusk. We don't even know if development of the world and quests has STARTED yet. For all we know, Wintertusk may very well be on Morganthe's list of worlds to screw up with her Death and Astral Magic.

And you may be putting a little bit too much thought on the horn. I know I probably did, too, but still. It's not like we're actually going to WITNESS Nightstar blowing that horn, unless KI implemented an epic animation sequence.

And mixing the GH and CL storylines would be epic as well! What we thought was a little insignificant side world was actually the gateway to something much bigger and much more sinister.

But like you said, we'll just have to wait and see, but that's no reason not to cross your fingers and hope.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Wintertusk Fanatic

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
GUYS!

This is going to be like Grizzlehiem! Remember that! That means no cap and no majpr XP!

Read this:

"Lydia Greyrose" wrote:
Wintertusk will complete the epic storyline that began with Grizzleheim and will offer new things to do, and areas to explore for all levels of young Wizards.


LISTEN! Think of reality: Celestia was for level 48+, and you would probably have to beat CL to continue it's arc, and CL is required for at least level 48. Now, why would you continue at the next world of a story arc as a level 1* when the one before that was required level 48!? Think carefully!

*I'm pretty sure you will have to be around level 20 to get in.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
53
Something would have been said about the level cap raise. They just raised it to 60, they wouldn't change it so fast. This is most likely just another side world, not required to complete, like Grizzleheim.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 60 Diviner

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
329
willwolf64 wrote:
GUYS!

This is going to be like Grizzlehiem! Remember that! That means no cap and no majpr XP!

Read this:

"Lydia Greyrose" wrote:
Wintertusk will complete the epic storyline that began with Grizzleheim and will offer new things to do, and areas to explore for all levels of young Wizards.


LISTEN! Think of reality: Celestia was for level 48+, and you would probably have to beat CL to continue it's arc, and CL is required for at least level 48. Now, why would you continue at the next world of a story arc as a level 1* when the one before that was required level 48!? Think carefully!

*I'm pretty sure you will have to be around level 20 to get in.


Geez, calm down. It's not that serious. A lot of people are excited about Wintertusk, whether its a story arc world or not. I don't care how good of a reason you can give; there's no excuse for killing someone's joy.

I personally hope that this is another story world arc, and your rude words regarding people like me make me a little upset, and I'm a mature teen. Imagine how you could make a younger player feel.

You have no idea what Wintertusk will be like, despite what Prof. Greyrose said. Don't make assumptions until you're absolutely certain of what you're saying.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Wintertusk Fanatic

Mastermind
Feb 25, 2010
300
I think Amethyst may be right, and she said exactly what I was thinking. But, hey, it's still new stuff to do, new spells and new pets. Even if it has nothing to do with CL, it is still new stuff to do. Besides, it might be more along the lines of why things went down in the Spiral the way it did with Bartleby and his sister and Gamma and all that.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
342
No I agree, I don't get why people even thought it would be part of the Morganethe story... Yeah, it would be awesome, but no.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
2
guys where does greyrose say all levels could go to winter tusk? she says there will be new things for all levels. low levels will get to go to crab alley again and we get a new world

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
32
I saw that people were arguing abouut the horn mother raven was holding. i think it is a horn because of what morganthe said :The mirror will break, the horn will call, from the shadows i strike, and the skies will fall.
i think this is also a reason that wintertusk has to do with CL

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
Yes, that bubble IS bursted cause if there were new levels it would had said so. But I CAN blow a new bubble. It DID say in the update notes that there WILL be new spells, and new class pets. Can't you see it all piecing together? On feedback friday once, falmea asked what you would have for your school if you could have another "utility" spell (meaning a blade or trap) if you don't believe me about the new spells read over the update notes. The spells more than likely won't be anything spectacular though.

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
90
nathanielz3 wrote:
guys where does greyrose say all levels could go to winter tusk? she says there will be new things for all levels. low levels will get to go to crab alley again and we get a new world


I think she ment that those who complete Grizzleheim and are level 45 and up will go to Wintertusk and Crab Alley wasn't even metioned in the second paragraph. Wintertusk could be like Grizzleheim. But there is a chance that thier will be a level cap. On the last paragraph it said, "For those of you following the stoyline, Grandmother Raven's appearance will solve many mysteries of the Spiral" If one of those mysteries is Morganthe's prophecy then thier might be a level cap. This still could not mean anything so we will just have to wait.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
711
I'm just happy that there will be a new dimension of the game, and an opportunity to play in the beautiful setting of Grizzleheim.

Hooray!

Iridian/Scarlet/Rowan

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
Superwiz1560 wrote:
willwolf64 wrote:
GUYS!

This is going to be like Grizzlehiem! Remember that! That means no cap and no majpr XP!

Read this:

"Lydia Greyrose" wrote:
Wintertusk will complete the epic storyline that began with Grizzleheim and will offer new things to do, and areas to explore for all levels of young Wizards.


LISTEN! Think of reality: Celestia was for level 48+, and you would probably have to beat CL to continue it's arc, and CL is required for at least level 48. Now, why would you continue at the next world of a story arc as a level 1* when the one before that was required level 48!? Think carefully!

*I'm pretty sure you will have to be around level 20 to get in.


Geez, calm down. It's not that serious. A lot of people are excited about Wintertusk, whether its a story arc world or not. I don't care how good of a reason you can give; there's no excuse for killing someone's joy.

I personally hope that this is another story world arc, and your rude words regarding people like me make me a little upset, and I'm a mature teen. Imagine how you could make a younger player feel.

You have no idea what Wintertusk will be like, despite what Prof. Greyrose said. Don't make assumptions until you're absolutely certain of what you're saying.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Wintertusk Fanatic

You're right. I did overreact. And I did say that rather harshly. But, I just was trying to look at the reality of it and try to tell them not to expect something, but get something else. I'm not saying that Wintertusk will be lame, just that there probably isn't going to be a a story arc mix or a level cap. I'm sorry.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
23
They said that there will be areas to EXPLORE, not quest. It might be quest, but they said explore. If you have noticed around the website and on the loggin screen, it says

Something special is coming to the spiral in ( countdown timer )
This may be another hint of wintertusk

We just have to wait...
And see...

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
90
On the last post of page 14 in the announcing of Wintertusk, Bauldar GoldPaws said that there will not be an increase in the level cap.

1