Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Houses with Weather

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Kammy, my friend, and I were talking and we both agreed that we needed more houses with weather included.

Why can't we have a house that has automatic snow or rain? We do have a house with lightning. But we need more options in how our house looks. I'd love to have more houses with stormy skies and lightning. But we don't even have a house that snows or rains.

Umbra even thought why not have weather globes like the Music Player, except we can change the weather with it.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Weather is long overdue, I'd welcome these atmospheric additions: wind with sand, wind with autumn leaves, rain, snow. I'd also like to be able to mix & match those effects with sky remapping/tint effects like darkness, abundant sunshine, sunrise, sunset/dusk, and that red-tinted smoky haze you see in Dragonspyre.

I'd like it if weather effects were controlled by a furniture item, and if remapping/tint effects were controlled by wallpaper (or I guess skypaper in this case), even better.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Lucas Rain on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Weather is long overdue, I'd welcome these atmospheric additions: wind with sand, wind with autumn leaves, rain, snow. I'd also like to be able to mix & match those effects with sky remapping/tint effects like darkness, abundant sunshine, sunrise, sunset/dusk, and that red-tinted smoky haze you see in Dragonspyre.

I'd like it if weather effects were controlled by a furniture item, and if remapping/tint effects were controlled by wallpaper (or I guess skypaper in this case), even better.
Yes I think you should get to control whether your house is day or night, too.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
Yes yes a million times yes. Their our houses right? We might as well be able to change it however we want. Also i think worlds should have different weather schemes as well.

Cameron Lotusmender 95

Defender
May 11, 2012
Great idea! I would love to be able to change the weather at my castles (and time of day also). A cool thunderstorm with lots of lightning at night, a misty, foggy morning, a blizzard during the day, etc.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
weather thing were you could buy it from crown shop is wt they could make and you be able to like go up into the sky when you hit x around it and chang how things look but only you can yous it and you could chose if the sun was out or if it was snowing and there was snow on you floor you know it could cost like 3000 crowns that be a fair price

Explorer
May 29, 2014
Kelsey Fireheart on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Kammy, my friend, and I were talking and we both agreed that we needed more houses with weather included.

Why can't we have a house that has automatic snow or rain? We do have a house with lightning. But we need more options in how our house looks. I'd love to have more houses with stormy skies and lightning. But we don't even have a house that snows or rains.

Umbra even thought why not have weather globes like the Music Player, except we can change the weather with it.
Oh! now I know what you meant!! XD
It should be possible

Survivor
Mar 27, 2014
I will add my voice to this. Yes, it is a great idea. A weather ball, like a crystal ball, that controls the weather. It could be sold in the Crown market and even have multiple kinds. ie: a day and night, a four season, and the grand poobah - one that does it all.

Thanks for the enjoyable game devs.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
All I can say about this:

YES YES YES YES!!!!!

And also weather and day/night cycles for worlds and houses!

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
I like this ideal

But i like to be able to mix them into each other so what if they sold this thing in crown shop and kinda made it like the sound where you can buy a bunch of scroll and make it how you want. Like lets say i had a snow scroll so it would play that for a little then it start snowing in my house and even have snow background and even Chang the house to where snow on the ground and everything. now i just added a rain storm scroll to it and i wanted to combine them so i hit the combine butten and the scroll makes a new one and it could be winter storm where there like snow torn dos and and the sky booming with lighting while it snowing and hail you know just something fun. and you could uncombined them so you could experiment with the scroll and get the weather how you would want it.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010

I LOVE weather affects and I am all for them, but lemme be the voice of reason here and list a few reasons why weather affects must be very careful how they are implemented:

1. Animations would slow the game down by a long shot.

2. If it was easy to achieve these affects everyone would be using them depleting their value.

3. Getting something which one could make it whether affect in the entire house might be too easy of a thing unless it was REALLY hard to get or expensive.

Just some things to keep a note of.