Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Health, Mana, and Energy Donations

AuthorMessage
Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
Players should have the option to donate their health, mana, or energy to other players in need.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
578
I don't know if that is the kind of thing Kingsisle would add since they tend to dislike the idea of sharing in their games.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
There's no need for this in game and it would only cause people to create accounts to farm energy from. One account could just send 6 wizards worth of daily energy to one wizard. Health and Mana are already refilled for free with potions and Energy elixirs can be bought with crowns or earned for free by playing Grub Guardian.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
There is no reason for this other than to exploit it by providing one wizard unlimited energy for pet training/fishing/gardening.

It's the same exploit that we disagreed with when tending another's plants was suggested. At least that suggestion pretendedit was legitimate.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
PaigeGoldenspear on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:
There is no reason for this other than to exploit it by providing one wizard unlimited energy for pet training/fishing/gardening.

It's the same exploit that we disagreed with when tending another's plants was suggested. At least that suggestion pretendedit was legitimate.
This relies on a wizard being generous enough to donate their health/mana/energy. Also, you know an ideal way to prevent cheating? A wizard cannot donate to wizards with the same IP address.

You mean this thread Paige? https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/guest-gardening-8ad6a426559b37720155bd2c6bc87549

That was me. I thought that was a good idea at the time. This is a better idea that is much more simple to program. There is no problem with it. Especially since my proposed IP rule can squash cheaters.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Fable Finder on Sep 13, 2016 wrote:
This relies on a wizard being generous enough to donate their health/mana/energy. Also, you know an ideal way to prevent cheating? A wizard cannot donate to wizards with the same IP address.

You mean this thread Paige? https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/guest-gardening-8ad6a426559b37720155bd2c6bc87549

That was me. I thought that was a good idea at the time. This is a better idea that is much more simple to program. There is no problem with it. Especially since my proposed IP rule can squash cheaters.
All it takes for a wizard to have a different IP is connecting using a smart phone. It's just too easy to exploit and serves no real purpose except to exploit it.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
seethe42 on Sep 14, 2016 wrote:
All it takes for a wizard to have a different IP is connecting using a smart phone. It's just too easy to exploit and serves no real purpose except to exploit it.
Wizard101 can't be accessed on a smart phone.

Not true. If all my plants are dead and I'm trying to revive them all (like now), getting some Energy donations would speed up the process instead of waiting days. Also, what if you need to get back to a dungeon fast and are saving or don't have enough gold for potions? Or simply don't have time to get potions (this has happened, like when I was doing Aquila with my sister, crazy story)? Health and Mana donations would be nice.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
671
i could see mana being it, like how Sacrifice, you practically donate your health, but with mana

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
578
I think seethe meant something about hacking the IP with a phone? I don't really know but all I know is that this idea would just create unlimited energy.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
Fable Finder on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
Wizard101 can't be accessed on a smart phone.

Not true. If all my plants are dead and I'm trying to revive them all (like now), getting some Energy donations would speed up the process instead of waiting days. Also, what if you need to get back to a dungeon fast and are saving or don't have enough gold for potions? Or simply don't have time to get potions (this has happened, like when I was doing Aquila with my sister, crazy story)? Health and Mana donations would be nice.
No, but a PC can access the internet via a smartphone hotspot. Voila. Same house, same player, two different IP addresses.

If your energy is low, you buy an elixir. If you are so low on gold that you can't buy potions, you're doing this wrong.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Fable Finder on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
Wizard101 can't be accessed on a smart phone.

Not true. If all my plants are dead and I'm trying to revive them all (like now), getting some Energy donations would speed up the process instead of waiting days. Also, what if you need to get back to a dungeon fast and are saving or don't have enough gold for potions? Or simply don't have time to get potions (this has happened, like when I was doing Aquila with my sister, crazy story)? Health and Mana donations would be nice.
You can use the phone as a wifi hotspot to connect to the internet. Like I said, the only reason for this is to exploit it. Don't have time to get potions? It takes a few seconds to refill all your potions. If you have no gold it takes 30 secs to refill all your potions playing potion motion. Every safe central location of every world is filled with mana wisps and has access to minigames to refill potions. If your plants are dead, you weren't paying attention. Plants cannot wilt unless you leave them with needs. Plants cannot die unless you let them wilt first and THEN ignore the needs AGAIN. You can go months without visiting plants without them dying. If your plants die, you are doing it wrong.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
542
Fable Finder on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
Wizard101 can't be accessed on a smart phone.

Not true. If all my plants are dead and I'm trying to revive them all (like now), getting some Energy donations would speed up the process instead of waiting days. Also, what if you need to get back to a dungeon fast and are saving or don't have enough gold for potions? Or simply don't have time to get potions (this has happened, like when I was doing Aquila with my sister, crazy story)? Health and Mana donations would be nice.
Not okay with this idea simply because it adds yet more begging. We have too much already, just pay the money if you're really that desperate for energy and you wasted it on fishing or training before tending to your plants. Developing some effective management skills for your time, money and W101 energy, among other things, goes a long way. Start now instead of looking for ways to get around it.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
seethe42 on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
You can use the phone as a wifi hotspot to connect to the internet. Like I said, the only reason for this is to exploit it. Don't have time to get potions? It takes a few seconds to refill all your potions. If you have no gold it takes 30 secs to refill all your potions playing potion motion. Every safe central location of every world is filled with mana wisps and has access to minigames to refill potions. If your plants are dead, you weren't paying attention. Plants cannot wilt unless you leave them with needs. Plants cannot die unless you let them wilt first and THEN ignore the needs AGAIN. You can go months without visiting plants without them dying. If your plants die, you are doing it wrong.
Then the charitable person and the receiver could have to be online at the same time. That crushes all exploits.

What if a dungeon is in another world? I've gone all the way to the Fairegrounds to buy potions and my teammates have died. Even with markers. Same thing with Potion Motion and collecting wisps.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
PaigeGoldenspear on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
No, but a PC can access the internet via a smartphone hotspot. Voila. Same house, same player, two different IP addresses.

If your energy is low, you buy an elixir. If you are so low on gold that you can't buy potions, you're doing this wrong.
Energy elixirs cost crowns.

Also, it's possible to have 0 gold without doing anything wrong, and that was an example anyway.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
Starblood653 on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
Not okay with this idea simply because it adds yet more begging. We have too much already, just pay the money if you're really that desperate for energy and you wasted it on fishing or training before tending to your plants. Developing some effective management skills for your time, money and W101 energy, among other things, goes a long way. Start now instead of looking for ways to get around it.
There's also the decision: revive more plants or take care of the revived plants?

Begging is something that will never go away, and if everyone thinks this idea is useless why wouldn't they just donate some of their stores?

Also, there's always an ignore button, so adding more things to beg about doesn't really change that fact.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
camahawk on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
i could see mana being it, like how Sacrifice, you practically donate your health, but with mana
And even with the new rule I suggested people decide to go to great lengths to get more energy to the point it would be worth just waiting a day, then 1) Do you have anything better to do then hack a game? and 2) Maybe just do Health and Mana donations, since Energy is the only thing that costs crowns, so even if someone didn't have anything better to do they wouldn't be ripping off KingsIsle.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
Fable Finder on Sep 22, 2016 wrote:
Then the charitable person and the receiver could have to be online at the same time. That crushes all exploits.

What if a dungeon is in another world? I've gone all the way to the Fairegrounds to buy potions and my teammates have died. Even with markers. Same thing with Potion Motion and collecting wisps.
How? If a player can get unlimited energy just by creating thirty accounts, he'll create thirty accounts. Most households have more than one PC. Log on a main account on the desktop using the wired house internet, and then use a phone hotspot to log on alt accounts one after another to donate energy to the main account. The main account has unlimited energy, health and mana.

If one was supposed to have unlimited energy, health and mana, the game wouldn't limit it.

Play Trivia for three days. That earns you enough in Crowns for an energy elixir. Or do it for twelve days, and that's four elixirs. Or thirty days, that's ten elixirs. Or sixty days, that's twenty. Use those to fix your gardens and then don't plant more than you can care for. It's not that hard. It's part of the strategy of the game. If you don't keep the plants alive, you don't get their drops.

If you're having so much trouble with any dungeon in this game that you're depleting full potions and teammates are dying, you're doing it wrong.

I'm beginning to wonder if this was a serious post.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
772
PaigeGoldenspear on Sep 22, 2016 wrote:
How? If a player can get unlimited energy just by creating thirty accounts, he'll create thirty accounts. Most households have more than one PC. Log on a main account on the desktop using the wired house internet, and then use a phone hotspot to log on alt accounts one after another to donate energy to the main account. The main account has unlimited energy, health and mana.

If one was supposed to have unlimited energy, health and mana, the game wouldn't limit it.

Play Trivia for three days. That earns you enough in Crowns for an energy elixir. Or do it for twelve days, and that's four elixirs. Or thirty days, that's ten elixirs. Or sixty days, that's twenty. Use those to fix your gardens and then don't plant more than you can care for. It's not that hard. It's part of the strategy of the game. If you don't keep the plants alive, you don't get their drops.

If you're having so much trouble with any dungeon in this game that you're depleting full potions and teammates are dying, you're doing it wrong.

I'm beginning to wonder if this was a serious post.
Then there can just be health and mana, and if someone cheated KI wouldn't be getting ripped off. Simple.

The problem with that is it takes a long time. In that time I'll probably be going to my house, and my plants will just keep dying.

That's wrong. Dungeons like Aquila are designed to be hard for the level we got it at, and my sister and I did it the instant we got it.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
671
i'mma repeat my little comment

a mana version of sacrifice, take say 500, give say 30 mana to anyone... simple done

energy does not need to be donated, nor made into wisps, simple solution, lower times none members 5:00mins, members 2:30mins

energy is made like it is being tied in with gardening, fishing, and pet training to force players in a decisive choice on how to spend it before the wait

and if you're planting, dont log on, plants dont update, or plant with what you can deal with, need to always log off with your highest energy giving outfit, so when you log back on, instead of 70 energy you're at 100 energy

and difficulty with dungeons, pack minions, trust me they help, pack heals, dots, aoe,

be like me, charge in, colossal enchants on like 6 blizzards, get to full pips, add amplify or vengance, and launch each one after the other in a full barrage, lvl 91 68 damage, i do 1,800 each time, even more if i critical...

it's not that hard

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
Fable Finder on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
Then there can just be health and mana, and if someone cheated KI wouldn't be getting ripped off. Simple.

The problem with that is it takes a long time. In that time I'll probably be going to my house, and my plants will just keep dying.

That's wrong. Dungeons like Aquila are designed to be hard for the level we got it at, and my sister and I did it the instant we got it.
I think you have overlooked the very simple solution to your gardening/energy issue. Get another house. Don't plant gardens in a house you use as "a house." Don't go into the house that has the gardens, for any reason, unless you have the energy to tend all the plant needs. Period. Full stop. Every visit triggers growth/progresses the needs. Don't do that. Use your dorm. Put your crafting table there. Think creatively.

I've played long enough to be pretty confident in that assertion. No dungeon in the game is designed to be so difficult (except possibly Darkmoor) that a team of two, playing the game with strategy and intelligence, would be defeated enough times to use up all their potions. If you are, you need to rethink your plan and strategy. You could also enlist a third and/or fourth teammate. You need to cooperate and communicate better.

The only time I've ever been kicked out of a dungeon enough times to use up all my potions was when I was doing it wrong. When I didn't have a plan. When we had a plan but didn't play it. I know that other people have done many of the things I found difficult and teamed up for solo, because they planned better. They've done things with two for which I found a full quartet.

This is part of the planning and strategy the game requires; you can't just YOLO everything. Some things need well-tuned decks, communication and cooperation with your teammates. It doesn't hurt strategic players to allow this health & mana donation, but it would allow players to not develop strategic thinking. Without that development, dungeons such as Darkmoor would be really painful, and no, I don't want them nerfed further. Part (most) of the fun in this game to me is the strategizing. Remove that and KI loses players. Leave the need in but never encourage strategic thinking and KI loses players. Too many lost players kills the game.