Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatchmaker CHEERS boo for bazaar . . .

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2015
Two cheers for something that will put a damper on people offering a hatch for gift from crown shop that then flee with the gift and don't come back for the hatch . . . so wrong! I think it's ok to ask for tc to reimburse their gold or even the potion to reset hatch ability provided the hatch is completed but that isn't ripping off the other player.

NOW, if only you could do something about the BAZAAR and the problem of people with faster connections and better equipment getting to the loot faster than others . . . I believe someone has developed a robot to scoop up the items they want . . . but even if they haven't, there should be a way to sell something for my other account to buy instead of loosing it in the bazaar.

I sell lots of reagents from gardening for other players because there is no need to keep it all, but if I need something that I never see in the bazaar and my other account has what I need . . . I sell and go right in to get it and it is already gone . . . well, I call that UNFAIR because I am te only one that knew it was being uploaded.

No problem with hatching between two players because of better sistems or faster connections, but it does create a problem in a mass market like the bazaar; please do something that will allow a person to sell to their friend as well as the bazaar to sell to the mass. A little yard sale booth in their room or house would allow the friend to go their and buy the reagent instead of uploading to the bazaar. I would buy it in a hurry and prices would be the same as in the craft shop; no ability to price gouge.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
greenwinds on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:
Two cheers for something that will put a damper on people offering a hatch for gift from crown shop that then flee with the gift and don't come back for the hatch . . . so wrong! I think it's ok to ask for tc to reimburse their gold or even the potion to reset hatch ability provided the hatch is completed but that isn't ripping off the other player.

NOW, if only you could do something about the BAZAAR and the problem of people with faster connections and better equipment getting to the loot faster than others . . . I believe someone has developed a robot to scoop up the items they want . . . but even if they haven't, there should be a way to sell something for my other account to buy instead of loosing it in the bazaar.

I sell lots of reagents from gardening for other players because there is no need to keep it all, but if I need something that I never see in the bazaar and my other account has what I need . . . I sell and go right in to get it and it is already gone . . . well, I call that UNFAIR because I am te only one that knew it was being uploaded.

No problem with hatching between two players because of better sistems or faster connections, but it does create a problem in a mass market like the bazaar; please do something that will allow a person to sell to their friend as well as the bazaar to sell to the mass. A little yard sale booth in their room or house would allow the friend to go their and buy the reagent instead of uploading to the bazaar. I would buy it in a hurry and prices would be the same as in the craft shop; no ability to price gouge.
I understand your frustration with bazaar trading, especially if/when you're already experiencing the frustration of slower connection.

I don't think the way the bazaar works needs to be changed though. I can't think of a way to maintain the bazaar but even the playing field of slow v fast connections. That's part of anything online. The fastest connection will get there first even if a delay is introduced.

KI have said they have no intention of expanding the trading system within the game, so direct trading to friends of things beyond TC is unlikely to ever be implemented. It's a downer for those who want to give or trade nicely but it's important to protect players from scammers taking even more than TC.

When it comes to trading between your accounts I DO think there is a possible solution that would be excellent if it isn't excessive coding that slows the entire game. What I think you really need isn't the bazaar to change, but for your accounts to be able to safely trade to each other. A shared bank for linked accounts to access would solve this and be welcomed by the community! I'd love to see this added!

Until then, there are a few things we can do to raise our chances of getting items we're selling for other accounts to purchase:

1. Make sure to have plenty of gold
2. Have both screens open at once in small screens so you can click to the buyer wiz on the reagent refresh (one click to bring that wiz up and refresh at once)
3. Already know what page the reagent you're selling will be on so you can click to that page the fastest way
4. If you need a lot of something do it in small batches with a gap between so if you miss one batch it's not all you had
5. Sell and buy at off-peak times to raise your chance of being first to see the reagent or item

I also found I'm faster with a separate mouse instead of an inbuilt one (but I'm yet to buy one lol)

I'd love to see a shared bank for linked accounts but for now I hope the above list helps! Good luck!