Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grandmother Raven Spell?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
36
I have had this idea since i saw her in the release that told us about a new world coming soon. I re-thought it after completing Wintertusk.

I believe she would cast a spell that puts a -45% dispel any school on all enemies, and gives every player 1000 health.....similar to the rebirth spell that uses bartelby as its character, but it would be different looking. Cost 8 pips, you would have to be level 60 plus.

Grandmother Ravens tree would spring up from the ground and she would fly in as her smaller character that we see in the cage...she puts dispel on all enemies, and lands on the tree turning into her huge raven character, and then gives 1000 life to all characters.....possibly a moon school spell, because she has clothes similar to the celestian clothes, and she essentially transforms in the middle of the spell

I just think that, well, she does narrate the whole game and she is such a huge part of the reason why the spiral exists, that she deserves a spell too!

just an idea....what do you all think?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
I think you're crazy. That's way too strong for a Rank 8 spell (heck, it's too strong for a Rank 10 spell!), not to mention it's pretty much a carbon copy of Rebirth. This idea could work, but it needs to be edited and turned down a notch...or five.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
I tihnk it would make for a great rank 9 spell it heals target by 1550 and puts a -90% shield on them.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
36
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I think you're crazy. That's way too strong for a Rank 8 spell (heck, it's too strong for a Rank 10 spell!), not to mention it's pretty much a carbon copy of Rebirth. This idea could work, but it needs to be edited and turned down a notch...or five.


Hey I know its strong, but so is efreet and the storm dragon, so whats your point, its a healing spell with a twist, and yes its like the rebirth spell but no carbon copy.....Bartelby and Grandmother Raven are essentially Brother and sister.....bartelby refers to her as his sister when you are learning about the formation of the spiral...so why not have a similar spell but different for her...most of the enemies in Wintertusk use dispel attacks so thats where i got that idea from, and of course it would be a health spell she is one of the creators of the spiral and has the same mission as you, protect the creatures in the spiral from all dangers.

i admit, it may need like 10 pips to do it, thats the only thing i agree on....with rebirth you actually get over 1000 health because of the absorbs that get put on you, with this one you get the dispels and a little less health, so i say its works, and its a really good idea, alot of my friends loved this, and i think it is totally feasable.

You are obviously looking at this spell from a pvp standpoint, I am looking at this from a playing the game standpoint, it would be completely helpful in alot of celestia and wintertusk and i am quite sure they will be putting out a new world that involves Morganthe that will be a lot harder than celestia or wintertusk...so you use rebirth and i will use Granny Raven, lol

that is if it even gets picked up by the kingsisle staff

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
47
Not to burst your bubble or anything but how do you sappose we cast a rank 8 moon spell. power pips dont work on moon, and a moon mastery amulet would be pointless with just 1 moon spell. (With pips that is)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
chrispriest wrote:
Hey I know its strong, but so is efreet and the storm dragon, so whats your point, its a healing spell with a twist, and yes its like the rebirth spell but no carbon copy.....Bartelby and Grandmother Raven are essentially Brother and sister.....bartelby refers to her as his sister when you are learning about the formation of the spiral...so why not have a similar spell but different for her...most of the enemies in Wintertusk use dispel attacks so thats where i got that idea from, and of course it would be a health spell she is one of the creators of the spiral and has the same mission as you, protect the creatures in the spiral from all dangers.

i admit, it may need like 10 pips to do it, thats the only thing i agree on....with rebirth you actually get over 1000 health because of the absorbs that get put on you, with this one you get the dispels and a little less health, so i say its works, and its a really good idea, alot of my friends loved this, and i think it is totally feasable.

You are obviously looking at this spell from a pvp standpoint, I am looking at this from a playing the game standpoint, it would be completely helpful in alot of celestia and wintertusk and i am quite sure they will be putting out a new world that involves Morganthe that will be a lot harder than celestia or wintertusk...so you use rebirth and i will use Granny Raven, lol

that is if it even gets picked up by the kingsisle staff


You're comparing apples and oranges! Efreet and Leviathan actually make sense in relation to the spells that came before them. The next spells KI will be releasing are Rank 9, while your Grandmother Raven spell is pretty much Rank 11, and you want it to be Rank 8. That's just not gonna happen. Also, what school is it? You never mentioned that, but anyway let's get to the effects of this spell.

1000 HP is way too much to give at one time. I know it's possible now to boost Rebirth so that it gives 1000 HP, but that's not the point here because if your Grandmother Raven spell had the boost you'd give Rebirth, it would probably cast well over 2000 HP! Then there's this "-45% dispel" effect. First, it's either-or. You can't have a "-45% dispel"; it's either -45% accuracy or a full on dispel. Second, as if the healing aspect wasn't enough, you had to add this? It just sets the spell over the edge.

Just because Grandmother Raven had a hand in creating the Spiral and her mission is to protect it doesn't mean she has to be a healing spell. Doesn't helping defeat a threat to the Spiral protect it more than just healing a fighter against a threat to the Spiral?

I said it was a carbon copy of Rebirth because it is. It looks a bit different and it's a little darker, but for the most part it says the exact same thing so don't tell me that this isn't a carbon copy. The fact that they're brother and sister makes it even worse!

You think I'm looking at it mainly from a PvP standpoint? Wrong! I don't even play PvP! I'm looking at it from every angle. PvE usefulness, PvP usefulness (because, like it or not, it is unfortunately a part of the game and must be taken into account to avoid fiascos like the Wild Bolt incident), originality, power, styling. A lot goes into an attack, and popularity isn't an aspect. Just because your friends think it's a good idea doesn't make it a good idea. If you watch American Idol you'll see these singers with the support of family and friends. Then they sing in front of the judges and find out they're horrendous! Your friends aren't experts, and I'm not saying I am either; I'm just saying I think I know a thing or two.

I'm sorry if you think I'm attacking you, but this spell is overpowered and unoriginal, and if KI adds this to the game I'd be stunned because it would be a decline in their sanity. There, I said it. Are you mad? Stay mad, because I don't care.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
36
you are one bitter person, i weep for you

This spell is good for so many reasons.

I believe i already said possibly a moon spell, and listed reasons why. You clearly only skimmed what i wrote, and now your agrgument is void. You actually contradicted yourself a lot too, and i believe that you even argued for my side at one point in your lecture.

Please, what does anybody else think of it?

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
98
chrispriest wrote:
you are one bitter person, i weep for you

This spell is good for so many reasons.

I believe i already said possibly a moon spell, and listed reasons why. You clearly only skimmed what i wrote, and now your agrgument is void. You actually contradicted yourself a lot too, and i believe that you even argued for my side at one point in your lecture.

Please, what does anybody else think of it?


as it was stated above it can't be a moon spell because we only have 7 pips and power pips doesn't count for a moon spell neither is there a moon mastery amulet

and 1000 hp to all characters is a lot with all the boost and critical it can possibly heal almost 4000 to all char which is insane for a rank 8 spell

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
247
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I think you're crazy. That's way too strong for a Rank 8 spell (heck, it's too strong for a Rank 10 spell!), not to mention it's pretty much a carbon copy of Rebirth. This idea could work, but it needs to be edited and turned down a notch...or five.


i completely agree with you

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
247
chrispriest wrote:
you are one bitter person, i weep for you

This spell is good for so many reasons.

I believe i already said possibly a moon spell, and listed reasons why. You clearly only skimmed what i wrote, and now your agrgument is void. You actually contradicted yourself a lot too, and i believe that you even argued for my side at one point in your lecture.

Please, what does anybody else think of it?


all that spell is is an overpowered rebirth it couldn't possibly be a moon spell moon is all polymorph since no moon mastery amulet and way to strong to be a rank 7 spell it would never be moon and using that spell in pvp would be a nightmare also it has to be either -45% accuracy or dispel which is it if it had the -45% it would be fire then because thats a smokescreen listen im not attacking you if you think every comment against the idea is attacking you your one sad person it has a possibility as small as it is of being a spell it needs a lot of work though also i dont see how grandmother
raven could be any school if it heals it would be life but that doesnt match life the smokescreen part would be fire but fire does not just straight up heal especially everyone your spell is like life and fire together in one spell which can not work even rebirth sticks with only life spells so if you really feel strongly about that as a spell change it up


Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
I just think that the grandmother raven doesn't seem like a life animation lol. It makes more sense of her being death, or more so ice. I mean bartelby is for sure a life spell no doubt. But i just don't see her being a healing spell.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
130
i think you mean accuracy reducer since you said 45%. I think she should just appear and put the 45% -acc. on all enemies, then enter a tree and become huge, then heal for 750 to all friends, and give them tower shields, costs 9 pips.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
5
blaze552563 wrote:
chrispriest wrote:
you are one bitter person, i weep for you

This spell is good for so many reasons.

I believe i already said possibly a moon spell, and listed reasons why. You clearly only skimmed what i wrote, and now your agrgument is void. You actually contradicted yourself a lot too, and i believe that you even argued for my side at one point in your lecture.

Please, what does anybody else think of it?


all that spell is is an overpowered rebirth it couldn't possibly be a moon spell moon is all polymorph since no moon mastery amulet and way to strong to be a rank 7 spell it would never be moon and using that spell in pvp would be a nightmare also it has to be either -45% accuracy or dispel which is it if it had the -45% it would be fire then because thats a smokescreen listen im not attacking you if you think every comment against the idea is attacking you your one sad person it has a possibility as small as it is of being a spell it needs a lot of work though also i dont see how grandmother
raven could be any school if it heals it would be life but that doesnt match life the smokescreen part would be fire but fire does not just straight up heal especially everyone your spell is like life and fire together in one spell which can not work even rebirth sticks with only life spells so if you really feel strongly about that as a spell change it up



balance

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
36
Maybe if it was re worked into a polymorh that would be even better wouldn't it?

Imagine you polymorph into grandmother raven, that would be cool

and then what type of spells does she use, big mystery right

get to see her in action and control her...thats a good concept i think

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
chrispriest wrote:
Maybe if it was re worked into a polymorh that would be even better wouldn't it?

Imagine you polymorph into grandmother raven, that would be cool

and then what type of spells does she use, big mystery right

get to see her in action and control her...thats a good concept i think


I like it as a spell; it just needs to be toned down. It's a mess right now.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
36

I think overall its inevitable that she get a spell, as with ambrose i believe he should be in a spell aswell..or also a polymorph

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
247
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
chrispriest wrote:
Maybe if it was re worked into a polymorh that would be even better wouldn't it?

Imagine you polymorph into grandmother raven, that would be cool

and then what type of spells does she use, big mystery right

get to see her in action and control her...thats a good concept i think


I like it as a spell; it just needs to be toned down. It's a mess right now.


its a possibility as a polymorph it could still be a spell like he said just tone it down it would be interesting to see the spells she used but if it happens i would like to see it as a normal spell as you replied to my post and said balance i dont see how the animatoin could work in to a balance spell since balance has an egyptian theme now the polymorph idea is interesting there not focused to turning in to a specific person or character it could still be made into a spell but still needs some work on it(she is in wintertusk an ice world it could be ice cuz of animation but the healing and smokescreen dont go with it)