Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Firearms. (Yes, That Means Guns.)

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Wow, this post is getting out of control. Someone says an idea, and people say that it's terrible or to go play another game. Really guys, Get a grip! People have been shooting mean comments worse then a gun could have!

Oh my goodness, this idea is TERRIBLE. Guns are terrible, go to another game. Haha, it's funny how you say that guns are terrible but then you say (Hate comments would it be?) just because someone said that a gun in a game would be a cool and creative idea. Most of you I bet, are just saying that just to be in the group or sound like adults.

Oh this topic is the worst idea ever brought up into wizard101! Yeah, real mature. You truly do sound like an adult now.

im sorry but your idea is the worst i have seen yet
Yeah, we believe you're sorry.

Now, I wish professor greyrose, falmea, balstorm, dworgyn, cyrus, moolinda, gamma, and merle would put this place on lock. I'm getting tired of everyones dumb ideas.

And your ideas are so much better?

Doggy, slow down. Look, in case you havent noticed, nobody supports your idea. Slow down. Guns arent for family games. Get that through your head.

2 insults from the same guy? Are you mad at him or something?

What in the world were you thinking? Not only are guns something a child should never come to like, have you EVER seen Harry Potter use a gun?

Nope, Harry Potter didn't use a gun, but did Harry Potter ever come up and say: "Your idea is junk!"?

Ok, not a positive opinion, but this idea is awful.
3rd from the same guy... wow.

Yeah, these comments are way cleaner then a gun! Congratulations!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
Ya know, it just cracks me up to see someone try to say that a gun is better than a negative comment. I mean, is the negative comment going to hurt a gun's feelings? No, the problem here is that gun proponents can't stand to have their position challenged, apparently even in the context of whether guns are appropriate in a family game. How guns can be equated with family-oriented, I just cannot surmise. The concept defies logic.

Please just give it up. This game will never have guns if the larger Wizard community has the majority vote (which we do based on evidence in this forum). Wizard 101 is not a first-person shooter game, and it never will be. If gunplay is such an important game aesthetic, go to Halo online. I hear it's beautiful, has a tight-knit community of players, and provides lots of opportunities to point guns at characters and kill them. Sounds like shooter paradise to me.

While you're at it, stop belittling those of us who do not approve of guns in any context whatsoever. For every one of you who think guns are FUN and NEAT, there are many of us who know from personal experience that killing living beings is the sole purpose of guns, and that guns are not toys in any context. Further, we are not "unintelligent" for disagreeing with you; we are usually highly educated people who know a great deal about topics about which we are passionate. We aren't "unintelligent", even if you find us disagreeable. Hey, at least you know we aren't going to shoot you for the difference in opinion

I would absolutely love to hold forth on this topic, but I know that my long and impassioned rant against guns wouldn't be approved by the moderators. (I'll post it in elsewhere instead.)

Professor Greyrose, please lock this topic. It is absolutely non-productive, and is beginning to divide our community in not-so-nice-categories. If you won't lock it, at least post a reply to definitively explain KI's position on gunplay in Wizard 101. As a player and a parent, I need to know.

Regards to all you anti-gun wizards,

Queenlybluebean, Iridian Shadowweaver of Mooshu, Wizard, Pacifist, Mom


Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
joujou11cool wrote:
Wow, this post is getting out of control. Someone says an idea, and people say that it's terrible or to go play another game. Really guys, Get a grip! People have been shooting mean comments worse then a gun could have!

Oh my goodness, this idea is TERRIBLE. Guns are terrible, go to another game. Haha, it's funny how you say that guns are terrible but then you say (Hate comments would it be?) just because someone said that a gun in a game would be a cool and creative idea. Most of you I bet, are just saying that just to be in the group or sound like adults.
Reply: So now, being responsible is the same as trying to fit in? Yeah. Nice try.

Oh this topic is the worst idea ever brought up into wizard101! Yeah, real mature. You truly do sound like an adult now.
Reply: If you call being responsible immature, I am deeply sorry.
im sorry but your idea is the worst i have seen yet
Yeah, we believe you're sorry.
Reply: Do I keep having to repeat the same thing?
Now, I wish professor greyrose, falmea, balstorm, dworgyn, cyrus, moolinda, gamma, and merle would put this place on lock. I'm getting tired of everyones dumb ideas.

And your ideas are so much better?
Reply: Better the firearms? By far.

Doggy, slow down. Look, in case you havent noticed, nobody supports your idea. Slow down. Guns arent for family games. Get that through your head.

2 insults from the same guy? Are you mad at him or something?
Reply: The OP has been attacking people throughout the thread. Suddenly saying nobody supports your idea creates the apocalypse?
What in the world were you thinking? Not only are guns something a child should never come to like, have you EVER seen Harry Potter use a gun?

Nope, Harry Potter didn't use a gun, but did Harry Potter ever come up and say: "Your idea is junk!"?
Reply: This is a mixed message. Are you mad at the OP for suggesting guns, or at the community for disagreeing? Because it sounds like a bit of both.

Ok, not a positive opinion, but this idea is awful.
3rd from the same guy... wow.
Reply: Fine. Maybe you'd prefer "I really don't like this idea"? Or, "I truly disagree"?
Yeah, these comments are way cleaner then a gun! Congratulations!
Reply: Yes. A post in a Forum can end way more lives and cause way more terror then a gun.
All comments in above quote. I am really getting tired of posting and defending my point of view to a small group of people who refuse to listen.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
queenlybluebean wrote:
Ya know, it just cracks me up to see someone try to say that a gun is better than a negative comment. I mean, is the negative comment going to hurt a gun's feelings? No, the problem here is that gun proponents can't stand to have their position challenged, apparently even in the context of whether guns are appropriate in a family game. How guns can be equated with family-oriented, I just cannot surmise. The concept defies logic.

Please just give it up. This game will never have guns if the larger Wizard community has the majority vote (which we do based on evidence in this forum). Wizard 101 is not a first-person shooter game, and it never will be. If gunplay is such an important game aesthetic, go to Halo online. I hear it's beautiful, has a tight-knit community of players, and provides lots of opportunities to point guns at characters and kill them. Sounds like shooter paradise to me.

While you're at it, stop belittling those of us who do not approve of guns in any context whatsoever. For every one of you who think guns are FUN and NEAT, there are many of us who know from personal experience that killing living beings is the sole purpose of guns, and that guns are not toys in any context. Further, we are not "unintelligent" for disagreeing with you; we are usually highly educated people who know a great deal about topics about which we are passionate. We aren't "unintelligent", even if you find us disagreeable. Hey, at least you know we aren't going to shoot you for the difference in opinion

I would absolutely love to hold forth on this topic, but I know that my long and impassioned rant against guns wouldn't be approved by the moderators. (I'll post it in elsewhere instead.)

Professor Greyrose, please lock this topic. It is absolutely non-productive, and is beginning to divide our community in not-so-nice-categories. If you won't lock it, at least post a reply to definitively explain KI's position on gunplay in Wizard 101. As a player and a parent, I need to know.

Regards to all you anti-gun wizards,

Queenlybluebean, Iridian Shadowweaver of Mooshu, Wizard, Pacifist, Mom



Ya know, it just cracks me up when people just go off and claim things. I never said that KI would create the gun idea, and I never said if I was with or against this idea.

About your 'defense' on the mean comments, I'll explain to you something today that is much worse then guns. First off, you weren't the only one that was very highly educated. I'll state a true fact that I have learned for quite a while: Bullying (Which is practically what people are doing right now) has caused more deaths then any gun ever could have. It's true, bullying is the 3rd biggest killer in the human society right now, not guns.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
Is this what you call a "family friendly" part of the game?
It just seems too weird to me. Guns just don't really seem to fit the game in any way. Now, a bow and arrow, would be fine. But really, a firearm?
melcookie925

Defender
May 29, 2011
134
bionaknight wrote:
mkt3 wrote:
People. They are just wands. Calm down. Some of you are offended people and should stop.
Reply: They are not wands, they are firearms. There is a tremendous difference.

"this idea is awful" "worst idea i've seen yet"
Reply: I agree with both of those lines, no offense Gatorjaw, I like your other ideas.

How will the game change so much cause of a small wand not everyone will have....
Reply: Not everyone will have it, but most everyone will see it.
Try and at least consider his post and think. No one ever said they had to shoot bullets... they could shoot: lightning,fire,flowers,sparkles,snowballs, bones, or maybe even sand.
Reply: A gun is a gun, I don't care if it shot sparkly pixie dust.
So why dont you people think about a bit more cause it wouldnt hurt as much as you people say it would.
Reply: Hmm, let me think on it. Nope, still don't like it.

This is a 10+ game, so dont focus on 5 year olds, focus on the moderate age of people playing which is around 10 years old, not 5.
Reply: So most children, over 5 years, somehow find a weapon that shoots a high speed shard of deadly metal fine? Yeah, not buying it.
Most 10 year olds know the difference between guns that shoot lightning, and guns that shoot bullets so people please stop over reacting, please.
Reply: Where is your source of this? What makes you think that a gun, regardless of it's ammunition, will not frighten a child? What makes you think that this change would be so minor? And what's so wizardly about a gun?

Mycin legenddreamer
All replies in above quote. Sorry if I was a little harsh, but I will speak up for what I think is right.


I think you took my post the wrong way. Trust me, a sword is way more frightning then a gun. A bow and arrow, are those magical items? And they are just wands in the game, it would not altar the game that much. You also said that ages above 5 would not know a weapon that shoots metal shards, well i said it would shoot magic not metal shards. I kinda felt like you snapped at me.... But, really these replies have gotten out of hand.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
We all know, or should know, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Yes, it is important to know facts about weapons such as guns, however, in no way, shape, or form, do I agree that Wizards101 should be a place to have guns in their environment.

I don't like the idea and hope no never see this incorperated into the game.

The Op has every right to state his ideas and the rest of us all have the right to disagree or agree with the idea.

Champion
May 03, 2011
447
It's true, bullying is the 3rd biggest killer in the human society right now, not guns.

Huh? Have you, um, got statistics on that? Because, you know, I think a lot of people in, say, war-ravaged nations across the globe would find this an absurd statement. No offense.

We all know, or should know, guns don't kill people, people kill people.


We all know, or should know, that guns make it a whole lot easier for people to kill people. Speaking as someone who has been the victim of gun violence, this kind of statement makes me angry. Advances in the technology of weaponry have made it a lot easier to kill and maim people on a large scale. That's why there are no more Hundred Years' Wars.

I am not for closing the thread, as Queenly suggested, because I firmly believe in debate and its benefits in the long term. But it should be obvious to all that this thread is doing little more than antagonizing folks, and that guns will never be part of the game. Perhaps we should all be mature and just drop the topic ourselves. So why am I here? Because that "guns don't kill people" line needs to be refuted. It's disingenuous at best, and downright harmful at worst.

Again, people wielding guns kill people. People who could have run away had the person not been pointing a gun at them. I know this from experience. Let's just get back to waving our wands at monsters, please. No guns.

Tabitha

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
darthjt wrote:
We all know, or should know, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Yes, it is important to know facts about weapons such as guns, however, in no way, shape, or form, do I agree that Wizards101 should be a place to have guns in their environment.

I don't like the idea and hope no never see this incorperated into the game.

The Op has every right to state his ideas and the rest of us all have the right to disagree or agree with the idea.


But we don't have the right to tell someone to go away just for stating an idea

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
joujou11cool wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
Ya know, it just cracks me up to see someone try to say that a gun is better than a negative comment. I mean, is the negative comment going to hurt a gun's feelings? No, the problem here is that gun proponents can't stand to have their position challenged, apparently even in the context of whether guns are appropriate in a family game. How guns can be equated with family-oriented, I just cannot surmise. The concept defies logic.

Please just give it up. This game will never have guns if the larger Wizard community has the majority vote (which we do based on evidence in this forum). Wizard 101 is not a first-person shooter game, and it never will be. If gunplay is such an important game aesthetic, go to Halo online. I hear it's beautiful, has a tight-knit community of players, and provides lots of opportunities to point guns at characters and kill them. Sounds like shooter paradise to me.

While you're at it, stop belittling those of us who do not approve of guns in any context whatsoever. For every one of you who think guns are FUN and NEAT, there are many of us who know from personal experience that killing living beings is the sole purpose of guns, and that guns are not toys in any context. Further, we are not "unintelligent" for disagreeing with you; we are usually highly educated people who know a great deal about topics about which we are passionate. We aren't "unintelligent", even if you find us disagreeable. Hey, at least you know we aren't going to shoot you for the difference in opinion

I would absolutely love to hold forth on this topic, but I know that my long and impassioned rant against guns wouldn't be approved by the moderators. (I'll post it in elsewhere instead.)

Professor Greyrose, please lock this topic. It is absolutely non-productive, and is beginning to divide our community in not-so-nice-categories. If you won't lock it, at least post a reply to definitively explain KI's position on gunplay in Wizard 101. As a player and a parent, I need to know.

Regards to all you anti-gun wizards,

Queenlybluebean, Iridian Shadowweaver of Mooshu, Wizard, Pacifist, Mom



Ya know, it just cracks me up when people just go off and claim things. I never said that KI would create the gun idea, and I never said if I was with or against this idea.

About your 'defense' on the mean comments, I'll explain to you something today that is much worse then guns. First off, you weren't the only one that was very highly educated. I'll state a true fact that I have learned for quite a while: Bullying (Which is practically what people are doing right now) has caused more deaths then any gun ever could have. It's true, bullying is the 3rd biggest killer in the human society right now, not guns.


I'm not clear on why you replied to my post. What claims are you referencing? What defense have I offered? Why did you introduce the red herring of bullying into your reply?

Are you interpreting my post as a direct response to you in some way? If so, how? Do you assume that I inferred gun enthusiasts are not educated? Prove it. Are you insinuating that anyone who posts a polite, succinct, and direct disagreement with the idea of guns in this game is being a bully? Please, explain that.

If you can't address my questions, then I recommend that you re-read all of my posts and replies in this thread. None of them are abusive. In fact, if you read the several hundred other messages I have posted in these forums, you will find quite a few that address bullying, trolling, and other abusive behavior here and in-game.

I find it ironic that you would suggest I am a bully for standing firm on my anti-gun position.

Oh, one more item to clarify: Can you support your claim that bullying has killed more people than guns? If so, please provide the statistics to back up that claim. Logic requires proof.

Please, do explain.

Qbb


Defender
Mar 11, 2011
124
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
mkt3 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
mkt3 wrote:
People. They are just wands. Calm down. Some of you are offended people and should stop.
Reply: They are not wands, they are firearms. There is a tremendous difference.

"this idea is awful" "worst idea i've seen yet"
Reply: I agree with both of those lines, no offense Gatorjaw, I like your other ideas.

How will the game change so much cause of a small wand not everyone will have....
Reply: Not everyone will have it, but most everyone will see it.
Try and at least consider his post and think. No one ever said they had to shoot bullets... they could shoot: lightning,fire,flowers,sparkles,snowballs, bones, or maybe even sand.
Reply: A gun is a gun, I don't care if it shot sparkly pixie dust.
So why dont you people think about a bit more cause it wouldnt hurt as much as you people say it would.
Reply: Hmm, let me think on it. Nope, still don't like it.

This is a 10+ game, so dont focus on 5 year olds, focus on the moderate age of people playing which is around 10 years old, not 5.
Reply: So most children, over 5 years, somehow find a weapon that shoots a high speed shard of deadly metal fine? Yeah, not buying it.
Most 10 year olds know the difference between guns that shoot lightning, and guns that shoot bullets so people please stop over reacting, please.
Reply: Where is your source of this? What makes you think that a gun, regardless of it's ammunition, will not frighten a child? What makes you think that this change would be so minor? And what's so wizardly about a gun?

Mycin legenddreamer
All replies in above quote. Sorry if I was a little harsh, but I will speak up for what I think is right.


I think you took my post the wrong way. Trust me, a sword is way more frightning then a gun. A bow and arrow, are those magical items? And they are just wands in the game, it would not altar the game that much. You also said that ages above 5 would not know a weapon that shoots metal shards, well i said it would shoot magic not metal shards. I kinda felt like you snapped at me.... But, really these replies have gotten out of hand.
My apologies if you feel "snapped at". I don't come here to hurt feelings. A bow and arrow is used in the era in which magical fantasy games are placed. Thus, it can be "enchanted" and made magical for this game. A gun, however, was not used in the middle ages. A Wizard, wearing robes, in a town full of Wizards, carrying a gun, doesn't make sense and is a little creepy. Then there's the matter of people shooting at other players, with or without spells as ammunition. A bow and arrow that appears to turn to sparkly light is understandably more kid friendly. And the fact is more that it would desensitize them to guns, make them ok with it. That can lead to very bad futures. So while I don't mean to assault (or open fire, which seems more appropriate in this case), the fact remainns that we share different views on the situation.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
5
I'm glad you used your brain to figure out something, but this is an honestly bad idea. :? You should at least try to do something KID FRIENDLY

Champion
May 03, 2011
447
I felt that my previous comment needed some clarification, because it was actually following a line of argument that is, in my opinion, off-topic. The original discussion here was about guns in games. As I pointed out earlier in the thread, I don't have a problem with that in the abstract. I don't believe that playing games with guns makes people want to shoot other people. I don't believe that any sort of entertainment "causes" behaviors--good or bad. Most people know the difference between things they see on a screen and things that happen in real life. Studies have shown that this idea--that games influence behavior directly--is flawed. I concur. I don't let my son play shooter games right now because he's 11. I don't think these games will change his behavior at all--he's a gentle kid and will remain one. But I think violent imagery can be disturbing to some kids, and give them nightmares, etc. So no shooters for him until he's older. I personally find most shooter games boring, and I guess I hope he will, too...but that will be his decision at a later date.

So that's what I think about guns in games, and why this game should stay away from them. But somehow this thread veered into the subject of guns in real life. Someone mentioned learning to shoot as a kid, being in the military, and so on. That's really not what we were discussing here. This isn't a gun forum, it's a game forum. I am not invalidating these perspectives or experiences. But they are off-topic. As is the adage about "people killing people." That did set me off, because I have been the victim of a crime involving a gun. BUT, that experience isn't relevant to this discussion, either.

If the thread does continue (personally, I think it's run its course, but anyway...) , I would ask that we stay on topic. Guns in games. Not in life. We are sure to disagree about the latter, as well, but that discussion, in my view, doesn't belong here.

Thanks.

Tabitha

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
58
gatorjaw wrote:
I can't imagine that this hasn't been suggested before, but I haven't seen any. Things people suggest, like shields and gauntlets, would have to completely redesign the game. These would be something like the two-handed weapons. Script a few animations (Yes, I get that's pretty hard,) and then you're just making filler weapons. Maybe if we get a world like somewhere from the Renaissance, all the way to the Old West, (which I would absolutely LOVE, KI!) could implement it as some firearms fitting with lore. I've got a few ideas, too.
Blunderbuss of Blaze: Does some sort of 0-pip, weak fire spell like the wands do.
Flintlock of Frost: Same, with Ice.
Arquebus or Arcing: Storm.
Crossbow of Creation: Myth.
This could also add some kind of new $30-40 pack. Imagine: holding a repeater in your hand while wearing gunslinger garb riding some new horse mount. I can't ramble any longer; it's late and I've had a long day. Anybody want to share their (positive) opinions?


Terrible, Teribble idea, this is a kids game, and it deals with magic, NOT GUNS!

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
140
I don't think guns will really impact violence, considering that you spend your whole game fighting monsters, but I just don't see them fitting in a medieval world like this; for me, Marleybone was too much of a stretch, and guns would just cross the lines. I just don't see wizards and guns mixing; it could work, but it doesn't fit well with the perception of wizards, especially in this game.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
queenlybluebean wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
Ya know, it just cracks me up to see someone try to say that a gun is better than a negative comment. I mean, is the negative comment going to hurt a gun's feelings? No, the problem here is that gun proponents can't stand to have their position challenged, apparently even in the context of whether guns are appropriate in a family game. How guns can be equated with family-oriented, I just cannot surmise. The concept defies logic.

Please just give it up. This game will never have guns if the larger Wizard community has the majority vote (which we do based on evidence in this forum). Wizard 101 is not a first-person shooter game, and it never will be. If gunplay is such an important game aesthetic, go to Halo online. I hear it's beautiful, has a tight-knit community of players, and provides lots of opportunities to point guns at characters and kill them. Sounds like shooter paradise to me.

While you're at it, stop belittling those of us who do not approve of guns in any context whatsoever. For every one of you who think guns are FUN and NEAT, there are many of us who know from personal experience that killing living beings is the sole purpose of guns, and that guns are not toys in any context. Further, we are not "unintelligent" for disagreeing with you; we are usually highly educated people who know a great deal about topics about which we are passionate. We aren't "unintelligent", even if you find us disagreeable. Hey, at least you know we aren't going to shoot you for the difference in opinion

I would absolutely love to hold forth on this topic, but I know that my long and impassioned rant against guns wouldn't be approved by the moderators. (I'll post it in elsewhere instead.)

Professor Greyrose, please lock this topic. It is absolutely non-productive, and is beginning to divide our community in not-so-nice-categories. If you won't lock it, at least post a reply to definitively explain KI's position on gunplay in Wizard 101. As a player and a parent, I need to know.

Regards to all you anti-gun wizards,

Queenlybluebean, Iridian Shadowweaver of Mooshu, Wizard, Pacifist, Mom



Ya know, it just cracks me up when people just go off and claim things. I never said that KI would create the gun idea, and I never said if I was with or against this idea.

About your 'defense' on the mean comments, I'll explain to you something today that is much worse then guns. First off, you weren't the only one that was very highly educated. I'll state a true fact that I have learned for quite a while: Bullying (Which is practically what people are doing right now) has caused more deaths then any gun ever could have. It's true, bullying is the 3rd biggest killer in the human society right now, not guns.


I'm not clear on why you replied to my post. What claims are you referencing? What defense have I offered? Why did you introduce the red herring of bullying into your reply?

Are you interpreting my post as a direct response to you in some way? If so, how? Do you assume that I inferred gun enthusiasts are not educated? Prove it. Are you insinuating that anyone who posts a polite, succinct, and direct disagreement with the idea of guns in this game is being a bully? Please, explain that.

If you can't address my questions, then I recommend that you re-read all of my posts and replies in this thread. None of them are abusive. In fact, if you read the several hundred other messages I have posted in these forums, you will find quite a few that address bullying, trolling, and other abusive behavior here and in-game.

I find it ironic that you would suggest I am a bully for standing firm on my anti-gun position.

Oh, one more item to clarify: Can you support your claim that bullying has killed more people than guns? If so, please provide the statistics to back up that claim. Logic requires proof.

Please, do explain.

Qbb



Seriously, I never said you were a bully. (At first, since I was really tired and sleepy, I thought it was a quote...)

Anyways, you can forget about the 'reply', I just misread a bit while my eyes were half shut.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
tabby714 wrote:

So that's what I think about guns in games, and why this game should stay away from them. But somehow this thread veered into the subject of guns in real life. Someone mentioned learning to shoot as a kid, being in the military, and so on. That's really not what we were discussing here. This isn't a gun forum, it's a game forum. I am not invalidating these perspectives or experiences. But they are off-topic. As is the adage about "people killing people." That did set me off, because I have been the victim of a crime involving a gun. BUT, that experience isn't relevant to this discussion, either.

Tabitha


Would the situation been any different if the person was holding a knife, axe, grenade, or rocket launcher?

Would the gun go off by itself and kill you? No, it would not. So, therefore, the adage that guns don't kill people, people kill people is true, no matter if you like it or not. A gun is not going to walk up to you and decide to go off because it does not like you, no, it take a person to pull the trigger.

None the less, guns do not belong in Wizards, so I am not sure why you are so upset at an adage that is absolutely true. No matter what situation you have possibly been in.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
How guns can be equated with family-oriented, I just cannot surmise. The concept defies logic.
Allow me to enlighten you. Guns are simply a tool that has the propensity for violence,depending on their usage.Logic would clearly dictate on the side of of its majority usage. Since guns have been overwhelmingly used in the just cause and defense of people and families, it would be much more accurate to say guns are "pro-family","defenders of the family", etc.

Wizard 101 is not a first-person shooter game, and it never will be.
Perhaps I missed it,but I remember no one suggesting this game become a first person shooter? Plus the addition of a wand <firearm> would hardly make that statement so.


For every one of you who think guns are FUN and NEAT, there are many of us who know from personal experience that killing living beings is the sole purpose of guns
A gun is simply a tool,and a very necessary tool in the world.You are also wrong when you suggest guns have a sole purpose of killing. They are used for a myriad of things including medicine,geology,geography,just to name a few.

guns are not toys in any context.
I disagree. I see many examples of toy-guns.Also,the greatest family cartoon that has ever been aired,was a frequent user of guns in satirical situations.I am speaking of the legendary'" Looney Tunes" cartoons.

If you won't lock it, at least post a reply to definitively explain KI's position on gunplay in Wizard 101. As a player and a parent, I need to know.
I don't see any reason to lock a topic just because you take an offense to it.

Regards to all you anti-gun wizards,
Instead of regards,I wish you health of body, and clarity of thought.

Queenlybluebean, Iridian Shadowweaver of Mooshu, Wizard, Pacifist, Mom


Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
329
OMG im laughing so dang hard right now, Literally!!!

Guns would shoot the Friendly Family right out the game.

Good luck with that!!!
I come here for Enjoyment, not violencement!!!

WOW and Call of Duty is here for a reason.... do that on there. Wizard101 another.

Really Wizard101? A Family Game. Bahahahaha! LOOL!

PS. Still Laughing!!!

Champion
May 03, 2011
447
Would the situation been any different if the person was holding a knife, axe, grenade, or rocket launcher?

Would the gun go off by itself and kill you? No, it would not. So, therefore, the adage that guns don't kill people, people kill people is true, no matter if you like it or not. A gun is not going to walk up to you and decide to go off because it does not like you, no, it take a person to pull the trigger.

None the less, guns do not belong in Wizards, so I am not sure why you are so upset at an adage that is absolutely true. No matter what situation you have possibly been in.


Please. Read my comment in detail. Of course guns are inanimate objects. I am taking exception with the way the "adage" (it's not an adage, btw.--an adage sets forth a generally-accepted truth. This statement does not fit the bill, since it's a controversial opinion) is used to justify letting anyone, anytime, have a gun. Context matters here--not sure you understand this? Nuances can be tricky for some people--let me offer another example, following the logic of your "adage":

Yes, like all inanimate objects, guns are morally neutral. Fine. So are nuclear weapons. But we don't let everyone own them. Again, this is off-topic, but if you must argue for argument's sake (and it seems you must), how about this? Let's give everyone a nuclear weapon. Because, you know, they don't kill people by themselves.

Oh, and by the way, look up the stats on gun accidents involving children. Guns that go off "by themselves" in innocent hands.

Not sure why you feel the need to quibble over this, since we agree about the game. Because, as per my last post, I agree that talking about guns isn't the point here--talking about guns in the game is. So let's leave it at that. Unless, you know, you absolutely must have the last word. In that case, go for it. I am done here.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
Pyrsik wrote:
How guns can be equated with family-oriented, I just cannot surmise. The concept defies logic.
Allow me to enlighten you. Guns are simply a tool that has the propensity for violence,depending on their usage.Logic would clearly dictate on the side of of its majority usage. Since guns have been overwhelmingly used in the just cause and defense of people and families, it would be much more accurate to say guns are "pro-family","defenders of the family", etc.
Reply: Feel free to say that to a family who has a lost a beloved member to a firearm.

Wizard 101 is not a first-person shooter game, and it never will be.
Perhaps I missed it,but I remember no one suggesting this game become a first person shooter? Plus the addition of a wand <firearm> would hardly make that statement so.

Reply: So, shooting ammunition from a gun at someone is no longer shooter games? Wow, guess Call of Duty needs an E rating.

For every one of you who think guns are FUN and NEAT, there are many of us who know from personal experience that killing living beings is the sole purpose of guns
A gun is simply a tool,and a very necessary tool in the world.You are also wrong when you suggest guns have a sole purpose of killing. They are used for a myriad of things including medicine,geology,geography,just to name a few.
Reply: Medicine? Geology? Geography? No offense, but this is ridiculous. How could a weapon of death aid exploration and healing?

guns are not toys in any context.
I disagree. I see many examples of toy-guns.Also,the greatest family cartoon that has ever been aired,was a frequent user of guns in satirical situations.I am speaking of the legendary'" Looney Tunes" cartoons.
Reply: The poster means REAL guns, not toy guns. And the fact that a gun was in a slapstick cartoon is irrelevant.

If you won't lock it, at least post a reply to definitively explain KI's position on gunplay in Wizard 101. As a player and a parent, I need to know.
I don't see any reason to lock a topic just because you take an offense to it.
Reply: Hmm, maybe you're right. Maybe we should see if the other 25 people who agree with QBB want to keep the thread going.

Regards to all you anti-gun wizards,
Instead of regards,I wish you health of body, and clarity of thought.
Reply: Thank you, but we already have that.

Queenlybluebean, Iridian Shadowweaver of Mooshu, Wizard, Pacifist, Mom

All comments in above quote.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
tabby714 wrote:
Would the situation been any different if the person was holding a knife, axe, grenade, or rocket launcher?

Would the gun go off by itself and kill you? No, it would not. So, therefore, the adage that guns don't kill people, people kill people is true, no matter if you like it or not. A gun is not going to walk up to you and decide to go off because it does not like you, no, it take a person to pull the trigger.

None the less, guns do not belong in Wizards, so I am not sure why you are so upset at an adage that is absolutely true. No matter what situation you have possibly been in.


Please. Read my comment in detail. Of course guns are inanimate objects. I am taking exception with the way the "adage" (it's not an adage, btw.--an adage sets forth a generally-accepted truth. This statement does not fit the bill, since it's a controversial opinion) is used to justify letting anyone, anytime, have a gun. Context matters here--not sure you understand this? Nuances can be tricky for some people--let me offer another example, following the logic of your "adage":

Yes, like all inanimate objects, guns are morally neutral. Fine. So are nuclear weapons. But we don't let everyone own them. Again, this is off-topic, but if you must argue for argument's sake (and it seems you must), how about this? Let's give everyone a nuclear weapon. Because, you know, they don't kill people by themselves.

Oh, and by the way, look up the stats on gun accidents involving children. Guns that go off "by themselves" in innocent hands.

Not sure why you feel the need to quibble over this, since we agree about the game. Because, as per my last post, I agree that talking about guns isn't the point here--talking about guns in the game is. So let's leave it at that. Unless, you know, you absolutely must have the last word. In that case, go for it. I am done here.


Actaully, my "Adage" is perfectly fine and is an "Adage"

Just because you don't accept it as an "Adage" does not change the fact that it is an "Adage"

Case in point. The second Amendment of The Constitution. The right to bare arms. It is a generally accepted truth.

Nuclear Weapons on the other hand, have a great many other possible side effects. Radiation and other biological hazards, which is why the general public is not allowed to have these items. They are not for self preservation. A "Nuke" would not preserve you at all, it would obliterate not only everyone around, but you included, unless you have a rocket, but that is another topic altogether.

I don't have to have the last word, but I don't like being told that I don't know the differences in things. Especially, when I am correct on my correlations.

Thank you and enough said.

Champion
May 03, 2011
447
Actaully, my "Adage" is perfectly fine and is an "Adage"

Look it up in the dictionary. You are mistaken. Oh, and it's "bear" arms, not the right to not wear sleeves. :-)

Champion
May 03, 2011
447
The right to bare arms. It is a generally accepted truth.

I had to add that I thoroughly support the right to go sleeveless, especially in really warm weather.