Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire or Death Wizard?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
Hello Wizards. I have one spot left on my Wizard101 account to do one more wizard. That wizard is either Fire or Death. I am leaning towards Fire at the moment but would like to bear from the Death's side. I have been playing this game for 6 years and know about each school. I tested them and both liked them. Please recommend some insights such as Wintertusk spells, shadow spells, and spell quests.

***PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE PVP AS I DO NOT DO PVP***

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
Welp, The school of Fire like to well, burn stuff doing damage over 3 rounds.

The school of Death is mostly for soloing.

Your choice!

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Wrong place?

Anyway, I've heard Death is easier to solo, though I haven't played either extensively. Death also gets Feint for free, while other schools have to spend 7 training points for it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Death is great if you solo a lot. It needs no help except on the hardest bosses and dungeons. Drain ability means you pretty much always end the battle fully healed. Death also makes a great support school when you do choose to play as part of a team, with it's ability to blade/trap for any school, heal and weaken opponents it allows you alternate roles between support and hitter as needed. Fire is really much more just a hitter. It really depends how they fit your chosen play style. I personally don't like DoT, but that's a matter of differing play styles.

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks everyone! I didn't like DOT about two years ago, but once Spinysaur and a few other DOT spells came out, I actually do like it. I plan on going with fire after talking to my friends as well. Later on, I may delete my Balance Wizard, but for now there will be no Death wizard.