Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fighting merle ambrose

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I would only want to fight him if he is possesed..... Cause i like Merle, and I don't want him to be evil.

-Angela DragonStone
The wizard that rokz

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
that would be cool but how much health would he have

Explorer
May 27, 2012
Yeah, like...

Morganthe uses a powerful spell to transport Wizard City into space outside of the atmosphere of the worlds of the spiral. You are tooken to the bottom of a big staircase looking like something out of Celestia. When you progress on the staircase, you have to fight the last boss of each world on each platform up the staircase.

Floor 1: Decorated with fog and cobwebs, Lord Nightshade.
Floor 2: Decorated with Storm School torches, Krok obelisks, and many Krok things, Krokopatra.
Floor 3: Decorated with a big clock overlooking the battlefield, Marleybonian buildings circling it, Meowiarty.
Floor 4: Decorated with Mooshu columns and a carpet on the battlefield, Jade Oni.
Floor 5: Decorated with lava all around it, Dragonspyre things and obsidian pillars circle the battlefield, Malistaire.
Floor 6: Decorated with the whole battlefield being the shape of the sun symbol with lava under it, Mithraya.
Floor 7: Decorated like a cliffside, with some pillars and towers circling the battlefield, a highly buffed Goliath.
Floor 8: Decorated with crystals circling the battlefield, Black & White dragons.
Floor 9: Decorated with blue crystals, and strong blue-colored winds blowing through it, Malistaire the Undying.

After you reach the top, you see Morganthe and Ambrose together. Morganthe possesses Ambrose and makes him fight you.

Merle Ambrose
Rank 15 Boss
Star School
HP: 24,880
Weak to: None
Resist to: None

After you beat Ambrose, Wizard City returns to its normal state and all the other worlds, too. Merle rewards you with:

Fog Shroud, Fog Cape, Fog Striders (Death)
Healer Shroud, Healer Cape, Healer Striders (Life)
Tale Shroud, Tale Cape, Tale Striders (Myth)
Glacial Shroud, Glacial Cape, Glacial Striders (Ice)
Pyro Shroud, Pyro Cape, Pyro Striders (Fire)
Hurricane Shroud, Hurricane Cape, Hurricane Striders (Storm)
Equal Shroud, Equal Cape, Equal Striders (Balance)

Good idea, anyone?

Mark Duskhorn, Level 36 Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
Bobthedude6512 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
he could have red eyes and gray clothes and be called elrem esorbma and be merles evil brother 20,000 health and evil wizard minions with red eyes and gray clothes, maybe even a world that could lead up to fighting him with reverse people like instead of jade oni a elephant thats gray with red eyes called edaj ino and instead of meowiarty it could be ytraiweom. XD
it could be called darkonis (DARKonis)

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
RottenHeart on Mar 22, 2013 wrote:
Is there any in-game evidence that Merle Ambrose is a powerful wizard? Or is it just rumours and hearsay?

It doesn't seem like any of the Ravenwood professors are very inclined to demonstrate their powers by helping to save the spiral. They just send kids out to do the dirty work! No wonder the Spiral is in shambles!

Happy Wizarding!
yah like the saying those who don`t fight, teach

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
littluns on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
that would be cool but how much health would he have
maybe 50,000

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
What if Merle Ambrose was part of one of the past dungeons in the game. Here's how I would plan out the room:

Floor 1: You see Morganthe, she gives one of jer evil speeches, then summons 4 Monsters, 4000 health each, start with 10 pips

Floor 2: Puzzle! If you fail, you battle 4 monsters with 4,300 health, start with 8 pips.

Floor 3: Boss! 36,000 health, starts with 12 pips, cheat: whatever rank your spell is, he'll use a spell that's 1 rank higher. So if you use a rank 4 spell, he'll use a rank 5 spell.

Floor 4: Puzzle! A gauntlet like puzzle just like the one Malistaire has. You will get whisps

Floor 5: You see Ambrose locked up, then Morganthe casts a dark spell on him, this making him evil. Mega Boss! Ambrose: 50,000 health, universal school (ALL schools) starts with 14 pips, casts 2 spells each round.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
well' the student always fights the teacher' thats what they say

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Well, he couldn't fight Malistaire alone, so he would be easier than Malistaire. Cool Idea though.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Eric Crowspear on Sep 9, 2012 wrote:
I don't think anyone could beat someone so experienced, LOL.
My thoughts exactly...it'd be like stepping up to the plate (baseball) and having a 400 mph fastball thrown at you XD in other words unbeatable.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
I guess KI could fit that in with something like a Mailstaire or Morganthe flashback. But you would fail or something because good always wins in this kind of stuff.

Marissa BattleFlame
Queen of the Satyrs

Survivor
Aug 28, 2012
me personally, i think fighting the headmaster would be a great experience for all of us. not only would it make us stronger but, fighting merle ambrose would be a great boss to test us wizards to go to the next possible world. as a promethean necromancer i think i could take him out and i could use powerful spells to destroy him lol. maybe when we kill him we may ( us wizards ) get a lot of experience to bring us closer to the next world. i beg of wizard101 not to make ambrose challenging (if he becomes a boss) and an very skilled oppenent.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
claudedude on Sep 9, 2012 wrote:
what if your could fight merle that would be cool
As COOL and as AWESOME that would be, we would all probably get crushed because of his high experience... lol :)

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
it would be cool if we could fight all the teachers

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
aditha12 wrote:
Tough, lol. I dont think he would be tough, not for me NO WAY! He would be IMPOSSIBLE! Wow, he pretty much would have resistance like ice, damage like storm, great balance spells, tricky spells from myth, overtime spells like fire, damage and heal spells like death, brilliant healing spells like life and brilliant astral spells. He would have all the spells, no way we could beat him!!!!! Not even storm, not even all the schools combined!
I soooo agree, Ambrose would be IMPOSSIBLE to beat! he is Headmaster for crying out loud!!!
He knows every spell in the Spiral!

Although, it would be cool if he was a Henchmen or Minion like Malistaire Minion TC or Crab Knight Henchmen. Lol.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
As part of your forays in the next world after Azteca, you are invited to enter the brotherhood of the White Dragon, and while they are generally benevolent, Ambrose doesn't like them (or they don't like Ambrose) for some reason rooted in the dark past. Like, maybe he knows a dark secret about the White Dragon people, or something.

After rigorous challenges you pass their difficult tests and are required to swear an oath to defend the White Dragon corpus of magic against all threats, and Ambrose is considered a threat.

At first you are not willing to do this, but then when you tell Ambrose what you are doing currently, he becomes strangely hostile to you and begins meddling in your affairs and making your post-graduate life generally very difficult.

Along the way you are summoned to talk with the chief of the brotherhood and he is not surprised to hear Ambrose is angry and suggests that a confrontation is inevitable.

It's then that you learn that Ambrose was once connected with the White Dragon brotherhood and they had a most unfriendly parting of ways.

Either (a) he was exiled from the brotherhood for magical differences; or (b) he left the brotherhood carrying away many forbidden magical secrets, although he has never yet shown any sign of revealing them or using them until recently, when students of Ravenwood started showing up in odd places using spells only the White Dragons used to know.

You tell the chief about the recent troubles with Malistaire and they say yeah, sorry to hear that, but an oath is an oath and both you and he took the oath, he broke it now you go and chastise him and bring him back to the fold.

You think you can go back and talk to Ambrose peaceably about it but when you go to the commons to his house, there's dungeon pad circles around it now...

Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
That would be fun but first he would be extremely hard and second he is on are side.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
aditha12 wrote:
Tough, lol. I dont think he would be tough, not for me NO WAY! He would be IMPOSSIBLE! Wow, he pretty much would have resistance like ice, damage like storm, great balance spells, tricky spells from myth, overtime spells like fire, damage and heal spells like death, brilliant healing spells like life and brilliant astral spells. He would have all the spells, no way we could beat him!!!!! Not even storm, not even all the schools combined!
well maybe if it were four against him and three of his minions. I wonder how much health he would have..?

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
We COULD fight ambrose as if, Ambrose was training us for something, Like Spider Queen? *Hint Hint*

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
First round with 1 pip he uses all lvl 88 spells and he resists 100%
Then he passes and uses his physical attack and he deals 1000000000000, if that was real he would be impossible to beat him lol

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
It would be cool if in the final world that morganthe corrupts Merle in the final dungeon in the next world and forces him to fight you, you defeat him, and then you AND merle fight morganthe together.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
tdc69666 on May 10, 2013 wrote:
It would be cool if in the final world that morganthe corrupts Merle in the final dungeon in the next world and forces him to fight you, you defeat him, and then you AND merle fight morganthe together.
yes cool and impossible :P

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Defender
Jun 17, 2012
I don't think merel would ever do something like that, so what if Morgathe possessed ambrose...

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
I have an awesome idea!
(By the way, I'm just finishing the first arc of the story, and might not know some stuff later in the game. I do however know the battle with young morganthe )

After you defeat young morganthe, you somehow find out that malistare and morganthe were actually helping the spiral secretly, and Ambrose was just trying to stop you because he was the actual evil one! Boom! Third arc of the story!

Matthew Ironblood, level 47
"There is no weak or strong, just strategized and unstrategized"