Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-3-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello everyone! It's once again Friday, and time for a new topic of discussion!

This week, let's chat about the mirror, mirror, in the Shopping district. Have you visited the Magic Mirror Shop? If you could add one variation to one of the options (hair, hair color, eye color, skin, face, or face paint), what would you add? Maybe a curly haired 'do? Maybe a flower power face paint? Let us know what you think!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 24, 2012
I would make it so we can "give" ourselves heterochromia. For anyone unaware, heterochromia is the condition where the irises of a single person are two different colors. I think it'd be cool if we were able to make our eyes have two separate colors!

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
* Short hairdos and hats that allow us to show it off. Kinda bummed that the only short hair for guys is an afro. This is the reason i only use the hair that comes with horns, because it's kinda short, stands up and you get to see all of it.

* Facepaint on only one side, i really like the designs, but it's a bit much having it on both cheeks.

* Just more face options.. or even being able to mix eyes and mouths, making more interesting combinations.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
This might not count, since it doesn't technically involve the magic mirror shop itself, but it's currently not possible to change the eye color and face independently during character creation. That should have something done about it.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2013
I would love it if we could change the hair color of crown-purchased hairstyles. I've had the Taffy hairstyle for a couple years (now called The Warlock) stitched to my gear. I know I can buy the hairstyle again with the new color, but it would involve me un-stitching and re-stitching my gear to the new haircolor. A Magic Mirror change would be a lot more convenient.

Also, I agree about making the face paint available on one cheek only. Both cheeks is a bit TOO much.

And, I think having the ability to change lip colors would be fun.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
I think it would be really cool if we had more of the multi-color hair options like the rainbow-colored hair. Like, a "fire" coloring (starts at a deep red at the roots, lightens to orange, and turns yellow at the ends), or . . . well, I can't really think of any more (maybe "water" with different blues? maybe have one for each school?)
Or, maybe also hair colors with "effects"--like glowing, or flames, or sparks, or lightning . . .

Honestly, I just want awesome fiery hair just like yours, Professor Falmea.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Aug 3, 2018 wrote:

This week, let's chat about the mirror, mirror, in the Shopping district. Have you visited the Magic Mirror Shop? If you could add one variation to one of the options (hair, hair color, eye color, skin, face, or face paint), what would you add? Maybe a curly haired 'do? Maybe a flower power face paint? Let us know what you think!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I hope name change could be possible one day!!! I know your name is important for that rock in Avalon and what not but one can hope!!

Hope to get more tattoo options like world themed symbols!! And of course more hairstyles!

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
Here's your feedback KI!

I am HUGELY disappointed by the Magic Mirror Shoppe. This could have been AMAZING, but you dropped the ball and gave us less than mediocre. I am not able to participate in the Test Realm, so unfortunately I can give no feedback ahead of time or I would have (my bad - if you don't participate, don't complain).

That said, I was so excited when I read of the concept. I THOUGHT it would have all sorts of new colors, styles, face shapes, etc. Then I got there and nope, same old, same old. Not one new thing, except that KI changed the names of the styles.

The wigs already allow us a lot of versatility in hair styles. What we really needed was different faces. Also, WHY are the faces simply stock? Nearly every game I play featuring a character or avatar allows the player to change EACH FEATURE. You choose the eyes, nose shape, face shape and lips separately. This makes it possible to create an almost infinite number of faces.

At the very least, the faces in Pirate101 are at least better and eyeglasses are available as a separate piece of gear. Do you wear your glasses 24 hours a day? I think not.

I honestly don't care what you add, just PLEASE add some additional face types. Most of these are just downright ugly and always have been.

Also, I could not find a way to change multiple items at one time. If I changed the eye color and THEN went to change the hair color, I had to repay for the eyes again (or whatever I did first). That cannot be the way it works, but I could find no other option.

Thanks!
Suzanne

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
Almost forgot...

The face painting idea is very nice, HOWEVER, both sides of the face is way too much and the size of the things is ridiculous. Either make them smaller or create the option to resize and PLEASE don't put them on both sides of the face. I would not buy them because of that. I would have if they were smaller and only on 1 side.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Cosmetics auras that surround our wizard, as stated in a previous post.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I wouldn't mind seeing pointed vulcan... er... elf ears

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jun 18, 2011
I would really like the ability to change your name even if you could only do it once or it had a really high cost. A lot of my characters were made ages ago and have completely random names. I know that it might cause some confusion but like it wont be that hard to explain to people. Please add the ability to change your name in the magic mirror. Thanks.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
Decent beards.

If you can do it with crepe hair in a theater, you can do it using magic, surely.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'd love to be able to have the actual Santa Hat wearable on female wizards.

Including his entire red outfit too.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
I would just love to see the hairstyles from the crown shop implemented into the Magic Mirror. I would also love the ability to change our wizard's heights! ~

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Name change. I would echo the request for a name change. (and the seventh wizard slot). I haven't used the Mirror shop on live realm. I haven't felt that strongly to need to do so yet.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
While not strictly related to the magic mirror and definitely a big undertaking, I would really like to see an overhaul of the character creation system.
This overhaul would include the ability to change facial features independently of each other and updated character face models.
In most modern games, players are able to create truly unique characters because facial features are separate from each other. Unfortunately, the current system is limited in its ability to create unique looking characters because there are only a few options for faces and the only parts that are independent are face paint and eye color (which can only be changed with crowns after initial character creation). A new system would allow for much more diversity, which I think many players want.
As far as updated face models go, they really only need a bit of a polish. Sculpt around the lips and eyes, smooth the cheeks, jaw, and chin, and give the face more realistic proportions. I understand that this could cause problems for players who like the current look of their characters, so you could implement the new system into the magic mirror and allow players one free makeover after the new models were released, or implement a system for switching between the old and new models. (This would be specific to character, not account. Everyone would see the old model on someone's character if they chose to use it, but if you were using the new model, everyone would see that on your character, etc.)
I would also like to see something like the adornment system in ESO or the accessory options in WOW; something that would allow players to add accessories like nose piercings, earrings, or headbands to their characters.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010

- Auras (maybe flying leafs, flowers, stars, particles, ash, humidity, smoke) around the wizard
- More tattoo options. I'd think Storm would have a lightning to add. Also, allow for one on each cheek would be great.
- Dye the crown hairs. I got mine as a pink drop, and would love to dye it green.
- Animated eyes. Maybe burning eyes or with an electric current going through.
- Bandana
- Gloves

I'd also like to request more crown hairs. A disconnected undercut or some other hairstyles that we can rock without the need for a helmet/hat but still with the stats of one.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
KileyRose171 on Aug 4, 2018 wrote:
I would love it if we could change the hair color of crown-purchased hairstyles. I've had the Taffy hairstyle for a couple years (now called The Warlock) stitched to my gear. I know I can buy the hairstyle again with the new color, but it would involve me un-stitching and re-stitching my gear to the new haircolor. A Magic Mirror change would be a lot more convenient.

Also, I agree about making the face paint available on one cheek only. Both cheeks is a bit TOO much.

And, I think having the ability to change lip colors would be fun.
Yes please- changing colors for crown styles and a new tab for lip color.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Suzne on Aug 4, 2018 wrote:
Here's your feedback KI!

I am HUGELY disappointed by the Magic Mirror Shoppe. This could have been AMAZING, but you dropped the ball and gave us less than mediocre. I am not able to participate in the Test Realm, so unfortunately I can give no feedback ahead of time or I would have (my bad - if you don't participate, don't complain).

That said, I was so excited when I read of the concept. I THOUGHT it would have all sorts of new colors, styles, face shapes, etc. Then I got there and nope, same old, same old. Not one new thing, except that KI changed the names of the styles.

The wigs already allow us a lot of versatility in hair styles. What we really needed was different faces. Also, WHY are the faces simply stock? Nearly every game I play featuring a character or avatar allows the player to change EACH FEATURE. You choose the eyes, nose shape, face shape and lips separately. This makes it possible to create an almost infinite number of faces.

At the very least, the faces in Pirate101 are at least better and eyeglasses are available as a separate piece of gear. Do you wear your glasses 24 hours a day? I think not.

I honestly don't care what you add, just PLEASE add some additional face types. Most of these are just downright ugly and always have been.

Also, I could not find a way to change multiple items at one time. If I changed the eye color and THEN went to change the hair color, I had to repay for the eyes again (or whatever I did first). That cannot be the way it works, but I could find no other option.

Thanks!
Suzanne
I wouldn't echo the tone here - but - honestly, I strongly agree with every point. I'm really hoping there are a lot of quick updates scheduled. In Test, I thought maybe it was a first wave you were debugging or getting early feedback for.

That being said, l vastly prefere my new eye color. Thanks very much

Also, as long as we're just getting stats on the hat whether it's stitched to hair or not, I'll just stick with the current system for hair/hat. But I'd definitely pay crowns for new hair and new hats if I could stitch a stat hat to a crown hairstyle AND wear a stat hat over the hair- getting double head gear stats.

*edit*
Just re-read the original post. So not EVERY point. I really like a few of the faces from original set. But out of the boys and girls there are only a total of 3 or 4 so I have to use the same ones over and over.

I really love the idea of mixing and matching face shape, eyes, nose, mouth as well as the front of hair with different backs. It could be a carousel like the name mechanism or just a lot of new faces and hairdos on the magic mirror pages. (Meaning the KI artists would have just done it for us - after all I think they would have to have done it so each finished look blended nicely. )

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Tylerwildpants on Aug 4, 2018 wrote:
I'd love to be able to have the actual Santa Hat wearable on female wizards.

Including his entire red outfit too.
OMG!!! Please *begs*
I love the girls Santa dress - I just want the real Santa hat for the girls.
As always, though I dont care about wearing most of the boys styles- l wish everyone had the same options for all of it - colors, clothing, faces, hair, names.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Area51Alien on Aug 4, 2018 wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing pointed vulcan... er... elf ears

Steven Ghoststalker
Ooooh! And they could come with spell cards for something not copyrighted but similar to a

Vulcan nerve pinch attack that stuns the enemy but has that kind of animation
Vulcan mind-meld which gives the wearer knowledge of that foes cheats or strategy or upcoming 3 moves and player automatically counters the best way possible (like if foe would cast a blade steal your blades are greyed out)
And a Logic bubble that knows your deck and only brings out one of a card at a time and if you have it loaded you will always get a heal, hit, damage charm, blade, blade charm - just a hierarchical optimal card turn up.

Hm
Now I want a wand with multiple of these cards and a maycast of that bubble.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I also wish for a long wavey hairstyle (like Veronica Lake's long finger wave style )
Really long, like past the waist.

And a new version of the current Halloween hat that doesn't have hair attached to it and the front of the brim tiltes up some so you can see her face.

I'd use that hat with that new hair a lot.

* by "version" I do mean I love that hat and want one just like it except that you could see the character's face and it had no straw weird hair on it. Think the way the Ascot party hat framed Audrey Hepbern's face in My Fair Lady for the way the hat might sit on the girls heads - outlandish brim, cool rest, but face framed not covered.

Id also love an oversized embellished top hat like from the 4 Non Blonds video.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2016
For magic mirror shop:
It would be cool if we had skin colors such as blue, violet, and green. I mean we in the a world with diverse people and magic ... we need blue-green wizard!
Hair type -add giant bull horns that go through the hat similar to the goat horns hairstyle
Eye colors -add yellow cat eyes with a black sclera
-add bright red cat eyes with a black scelera
For tattoos -add a tattoo that displays your pvp rank on your face

Other changes I want in wiz:
-I like how mounts have stats in wiz now... what if we add mounts that once you join a non-PvP battle the mounts turns into a minion to aid you in battle

-For monstrology once you reach rank 10: you receive the ability to use animus to create polymorph moon spells
-for non-myth wizard: polymorph lasts 3 rounds, you get to use spells and deck that pertain to the creature you polymorph into
for myth wizards: polymorph lasts 6 rounds

Spells you can buy in the crown shop for 9,995 crowns:
Polymorph mastery moon spells
buying this from the crown shop gives a learned moon spell into your deck
-requirements for buying: can't be the polymorph your main school mastery and must lvl 115+ only
-one for each school (7 in total)
what does this do when you casted on yourself:
-0 pip 0 shadow pips
-gives a mastery to a secondary school for 6 rounds
-can only have 1 secondary mastery so using this with a mastery amulet switches your secondary mastery school to the card's school you use for 6 rounds

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

this is my first month back in the spiral, and i love the new features!

wizard city looks awesome, and the magic mirror shop is exactly what i needed 7 years ago, when i thought that giving my life wizard green hair was a good idea.

the only thing i'm disappointed in is that we can only colour base hairstyles and not those we've already purchased from the shop, since that would make it so much easier for me to change my wizards' looks. (my girls don't wear hats).

would love to see that added, as well as some new hairstyles. ooh, and holiday-themed full-face paints. things like sugar skulls, carnivale masks, etc. that would be super-duper-awesome amazesauce.

also, i would totally pay extra for green or purple as a skin colour. that is all.

-von
hopeful future lean, mean, (literally) green fighting machine!