Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-18-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Wizards! The calendar has advanced another seven days, and that means it's time for a new topic!

Today, let's talk about when two worlds collide. While we try to keep things pretty fantastical and magical, references from the real world do end up in the Spiral quite often. My question is - what pop culture reference do we not yet make in the Spiral that you'd like to hear? No examples today - tell us what you think!

Have a fantastic Friday and wonderous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jun 05, 2016
Do you guys think you can add some of the hip hop entertainers into this game? It would be very cool to see some iconic rappers, like "Lil Pump" or Lil Uzi Vert. They are some very good rappers and I think it would be cool for wizard101 to become more culturally diverse when it comes to music.

Thanks!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Professor Falmea on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
Hello, Wizards! The calendar has advanced another seven days, and that means it's time for a new topic!

Today, let's talk about when two worlds collide. While we try to keep things pretty fantastical and magical, references from the real world do end up in the Spiral quite often. My question is - what pop culture reference do we not yet make in the Spiral that you'd like to hear? No examples today - tell us what you think!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Lol I just imagined the Cabal/Cob saying "We will make the Spiral great again!", and they'll do it by destroying it.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012

Hi transformers or Pokémon I'd love to see one of them referenced

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
You realize of course that asking that question is likely to get you pointed towards something obscure, and likely an attempt to get more attention to the thing being suggested. If that's not an issue, I would direct you to an old web comic called "Ozy and Millie." [sic]

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

This is a tricky one,

I love Moo Shu and I would say a good "pop culture reference" would be if we could revisit Moo Shu, and complete a quest line that is similar to the plot of the movie Memoirs of a Geisha.

Like I said this is a tricky one... so if I think of more I'll add some.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2017
lol i could think of many references but i would be here all year and i dont think you would want to listen for that long.
i guess i would say reference a movie that no one liked this year

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
A Bionicle reference would've made me a very happy boy when I first started playing and would still put a big grin in my face. Additionally, references to some of my favorite Japanese franchises such as Fate/stay night, Steins;Gate and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure would be welcome.

As a counterpoint, I'd appreciate less Star Wars references moving forward. I adore Star Wars but it's easily the most overplayed in terms of shoehorned references. Upon questing through Khrysalis again, I noticed a lot of really badly placed references. A less obvious or more creative one here and there in appropriate places is well and good but too much of a good thing becomes a bad thing.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Power Wizards Spiral Rescue

Go Go Power Wizards

Yeah, you know what TV Series / Movies I am talking about.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Well, Pokemon seems to be trending. I wouldn't say it's a dead trend, but why not some kind of a parody of that?

Survivor
Apr 29, 2017

Maybe like a reference from drake or something about the students always listening to those songs those dreadful singers sing that's how I think drake would put it at least

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I'm only in Zafaria so I don't know what comes in later worlds, but I'd love to see some James Bond references. I would also love to see some references to Marvel's Cinematic Universe.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Aug 05, 2014
This is a interesting topic. Even though I didn't play wizard when Selena Gomez was in the game for a few which I miss which I was upset. It would be a interesting idea is that you guys use celebrities in a similar event that you guys always have. Example the daily assignments that we have to do you can give us special missions to save different celebrities and once you save them then they will say a quote that they will probably say it a normal life basis. Like Jake Paul with "It's everyday Bro" just a example. I would like to see that while I'm doing daily assignments because I haven't got missions to save someone in awhile for daily assignments.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
❤️ love Nick Jonas in GH and Page Jimmy in Avalon LOL...also OZZY in Mirage.
Would love to see Donny & Marie LOL

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Lady Gaga is my spirit animal. P!nk kicks butt too.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
Sir Terry Pratchett and his Discworld!!!
~The closest thing I've seen is the Verboten Mimic which looks sort of like the Luggage; just needs feet. So maybe that could be a hybrid pet option.
~Maybe add a short quest in Wizard City that follows members of the Night Watch; Commander Vimes, Sergeant Colon, and Corporals Carrot, Nobbs, Angua, Cuddy, and Detritus.
~Perhaps a seasonal fish to honor STP's passing from Alzheimer's; either a bearded fish with a black fedora or a Great A'Tuin turtle.
~There are also fun quest opportunities with the witches Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, and Magrat Garlick, as well as with the wizards of Unseen University.
~Lots of options for Zeke quests too: helping Lady Ramkin rescue lost swamp dragons; helping Tiffany Aching gather up the Nac Mac Feegles; helping the Librarian (Oooook) collect magical books or possibly bananas.
~A new snack vendor named Dibbler (make sure you include some kind of sausage in a bun).
~Even a robe option that looks like it has stars raggedly stitched onto it, or a hat that has the word "Wizzerd" on it; these are nods to Rincewind and would look great on my balance wizard Chris Wind.
~Even a seed for a Dwarf Bread Bush would be fun; the bread could look metallic.
Lots of options! Thanks for the opportunity to ask.

Defender
May 02, 2010
Pastromi on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
Do you guys think you can add some of the hip hop entertainers into this game? It would be very cool to see some iconic rappers, like "Lil Pump" or Lil Uzi Vert. They are some very good rappers and I think it would be cool for wizard101 to become more culturally diverse when it comes to music.

Thanks!
You realize both of those entertainers and their music are nowhere near age appropriate for this game, right?

Defender
May 02, 2010
BrahmShadow on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
Lol I just imagined the Cabal/Cob saying "We will make the Spiral great again!", and they'll do it by destroying it.
I don't think it's appropriate at this point in time to make any political references, pro-Trump or anti-Trump. This game should stay unbiased and neutral.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
I would like to see house music in battle or club music in boss fights and all that

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Survivor
Feb 19, 2017
Can you make the Khrysalis crafted wands tradable items?

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I bet you guys could write a better version of Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest that isn't as convoluted or full of unneeded plot holes.

I wouldn't mind seeing more video game references in general, though.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
I would love to see you guys do more with the Dr Who references that you have in game already.
Maybe adding even some of the Doctors Villains or even some of his companions (like K-9).
I would like to see Two Brothers named Sam and Dean that hunts Shadow Monsters - Supernatural references

Adding some references from Game of Thrones, Pokemon, Fantastic Beasts, Super Heroes in General, Star Trek/Star Wars and maybe even Classic 90's Saturday Morning could do nicely.

But whatever you add, I'm sure we'll found them ;)