Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-5-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi folks, it's Friday again (after a quick little holiday break yesterday for our Independence Day), and thus, it's time to exercise our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of Feedback Friday. Wait, that's not QUITE it, but it works for today!

Now that we're through discussing a spell from all the main schools, let's take a break and talk about tournaments. Have you tried a tournament? If so, what's your favorite thing about them?

Have a firecrackering-ly fantastic Friday, and a wonderful weekend all!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Hi folks, it's Friday again (after a quick little holiday break yesterday for our Independence Day), and thus, it's time to exercise our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of Feedback Friday. Wait, that's not QUITE it, but it works for today!

Now that we're through discussing a spell from all the main schools, let's take a break and talk about tournaments. Have you tried a tournament? If so, what's your favorite thing about them?

Have a firecrackering-ly fantastic Friday, and a wonderful weekend all!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I haven't been in one, but I want to, it sounds exciting especially after the new commercial!

Adam Wintersinger Level 90 Thaumaturge One in a Million

Wolf Strongbright Level 89 Theurgist One in a Million

Luke Dragonblood Level 46 Sorcerer Hero Of Marleybone

Angel Level 32 Pyromancer Master Diplomat

Talon Level 20 Necromancer Savior of Wizard City

Valdus Level 16 Conjurer Wizard City Explorer

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
I have, and I love them. I love being able to compete for rewards and being able to show my AWESOMENESS to the world

Keep it going, KingsIsle!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I've yet to try a tourney yet, because I lack Crowns. I do plan to in the future though. The prizes seem nice sometimes from what I've seen.

Aaron Drakewalker Promethean

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I have not yet done a tourney (can't be placed in bracket) but I have watched them. My favorite part would be when Diego suddenly jumps in battle
An idea- besides the complaints and "cheaters" that don't really cheat, I love PVP. I don't do it often, when balance is 90 she will become a PVP person. Have good questing, keep up the ideas KI,

Molly
"A wizard is a wizard, no matter how weak or strong."
8) :D

Community Leader
"Now that we're through discussing a spell from all the main schools, let's take a break and talk about tournaments. Have you tried a tournament? If so, what's your favorite thing about them?"

I have done many tournaments :). I love that how the rank doesn't matter and no matter win / lose you're still a winner. Another words No matter if I lose a match I still place and win prizes, to me that is the best thing. I don't have to stress, or take it to serious. That alone makes tournaments very fun.

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
Paige MoonShade on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
"Now that we're through discussing a spell from all the main schools, let's take a break and talk about tournaments. Have you tried a tournament? If so, what's your favorite thing about them?"

I have done many tournaments :). I love that how the rank doesn't matter and no matter win / lose you're still a winner. Another words No matter if I lose a match I still place and win prizes, to me that is the best thing. I don't have to stress, or take it to serious. That alone makes tournaments very fun.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I haven't tried yet, but from what others have said, I just may give it a whirl! :)

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I haven't, and doubt I will. It's too expensive, and the scoring is biased to defensive schools, which has long been a problem in ranked PvP anyway, and now worse with the terrible change to Reshuffle. Unless the gear/school imbalances are fixed, and something is done about rude and abusive players I don't want anything to do with the arena other than practice with friends.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
I love how you get soooo many arena tickets just for playing. Even more for winning!

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
i lack the crowns to do it but it sounds fun it would be better though if they made it cheaper to buy it with crowns. crowns are REALLY expensive and some people dont have all day because they are timed. so probably what i would change is longer time limit and cheaper. i can only buy crowns once a month so ya.

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

"knowledge is power, use it wisely"

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
I did one tournament on my level 28 balance, I liked the fact that I got 2500 arena tickets, that gave me enough for the robe, hat, and boots of the glendemming gear once I level him to 50.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I haven't tried a tournament because they cost crowns.

Speed PvP does sound interesting though, but it takes quite a bit of strategy out of the game, since high attack/low defense strategies will be rewarded, especially with the new high attack/low defense gear available for arena tickets. From what I've read in the forums, it doesn't sound like the rewards are worth the crowns. And it sounds like Diego might not always pick the correct winner.

Historian
May 06, 2009
I rather like Tourneys. I really like the new prizes you guys have added. It's even cooler that you can get so many Arena Tickets, even in last place! (You still always want to strive for a high position.) I think Tourneys really change the way PvP can be like.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I haven't tried one - Rewards don't seem worth it. I wish there was practice tourneys or "speed pvp" (as another mentioned) though :) That would be really sweet!

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback, all! Professors are not allowed to participate in tournaments (it just wouldn't be fair), but my students certainly seem to be a-buzz about them!

New Feedback Friday coming up shortly! ::grin::

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea