Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-24-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The sun has made it 'round a few more times, and it's Friday again, so let's chat!

Let's turn our attention to the new Baby Dragonfly hybrid. I've heard a lot of buzzing (and not just from it's wings... ::grin::) about this pet. So, this week, I'd like to ask - what sort of pet hybrid would you create if you could wave your magic wand?

For example - Brainy Assistant + Forgotten Grimoire = Frankenbunny pet (no, this one isn't possible in the Hatchery). I'm sure you all have many more ideas, let's hear them!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
fire snake + sun bird/ phoenix = sun serpent

Survivor
Aug 10, 2014
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
How about...

Fire Elf + Polar Fox = Christmas Elf

Frankenbunny + Spider Golem = Arcane Helpers

But I'm just spitballing.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
I would love to see Darkmoor Hybrid pets, Of course What good thing that could be introduced with them is Shadow School Pets, A new Step into the Shadow Arc. Of course some of the Shadow Hybrids would be like Shadow Shrike (or a different kind of Shadow pet) + Dragonfly Hybrid Pet (Hyception!!!)= Mouse Airforce Warrior Thing? (Fire From Above) or Shadow Pet+ Eyecaramba= Gaze of Fate. The new Introduction of Shadow has alot of potential when it comes to pets, and I would love to see it implemented!

Survivor
May 01, 2010
What about....
Unicorn + Nightmare for a Zebra pet? :P

Dragon + Toucan for a crazy Chicken?

Toucan/Dragon/Tocador + any Ice pet for a Penguin?

Two rocks or Lumps of Coal for a Boulder

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Before I would add new pet hybrids I would want to update the existing ones to make them more exciting. If we created new spells for hybrid pets to match their appearance, for example a frost caller giving an ice seraph spell or the magma colossus giving the magma colossus spell (which actually exists), instead of using the same spells as the original.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks for giving me an option to give ideas on new pets.

I want to see the siren pet mixed with a fairy. Like a merfairy pet. A mermaid with fairy wings and can breath in both air and water

(I Love Balance Myth Ice)

~Kayla Griffin, Isabella FairyTail, Emma MoonGem

Community Leader
I'd like some other way to get arena ticket-exclusive pets, especially the new armaments. For the armaments, I was thinking a regular armament + any school-specific pet. (ex: Enchanted Armament + Scarecrow = Death Armament)

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Feb 23, 2015
A polar fox with a stormzilla could create a storm fox pet or a polar bearcub with a leviathan can make a storm bear cub? If you don't know I am storm school.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Defender
Mar 04, 2012
A bear made out of candy with chocolate chip eyes gumdrop buttons a candy cane a dark chocolate top hat a mint bow tie and its hair on its head will be Carmel and its body will be milk chocolate its coat will be chocolate and will have little rainbow and coconut sprinkles on it

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Not completely sure what the combination of pets would be to get it... BUT an amazing pet would be a Solar Sabrecat pet. The release of the mount just made everyone happy.. It was AWESOME. I imagine making a pet of it would make everyone happy, or at least it would make me happy

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
Yay another awesome topic :DD

My suggestions would be:

Judgement + Mammoth, Frost Cat, or Lord of Winter = Frostcaller
Friendly Dragon + Any other dragon = Buddy Dragon (the hybrid)

yeah that's all I got so far :P

- Kelly

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
The sun has made it 'round a few more times, and it's Friday again, so let's chat!

Let's turn our attention to the new Baby Dragonfly hybrid. I've heard a lot of buzzing (and not just from it's wings... ::grin::) about this pet. So, this week, I'd like to ask - what sort of pet hybrid would you create if you could wave your magic wand?

For example - Brainy Assistant + Forgotten Grimoire = Frankenbunny pet (no, this one isn't possible in the Hatchery). I'm sure you all have many more ideas, let's hear them!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Definitely have Diego's Armaments making new ones. I mean Fire Armament+Ice Armament=Water Armament. With enchants suiting both schools and some prisms too.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The new dragonfly is fun because it's new. Hybrids should always be pets that aren't available already.

I don't ever want an already existing pet that can be hatched anyway to come as a hybrid. It's hard enough getting the pet you want from an A x B hatch without the added chance of C or Q

The school pet hybrids are fun because they look different, and often gave us an otherwise unavailable card. Having pets we can hatch anyway come up unexpectedly isn't as fun. If there are to be new hybrids, they should be real ones - change the colour, the name, the card or something.

How about...

Polar Fox x Flying Squirrel = Potent Skunk -
gives potent trap card(s)

Onyx Shenlung Dragon x Burning Treant = Brushfire Wurm
- gives Backdraft card(s) Body shape like an AV dragon.

Ivory Shenlung Dragon x Snow Beast = Abominable Snowbunny
- gives "ice trap all" card (like Windstorm for Ice)

Forest Lord x Maple Moose = Bull Moose -
gives the Myth Forest Lord attack (from DM)

Forewarned: My kids are going to have a field day with this topic. Expect more ideas, lol.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:

i had to look up the baby dragonfly~ and, while i am not a fan of anything with more than 4 legs, i daresay it was pretty cute.

if i could create a hybrid pet, then... uh, let's see:

bone dragon + seraph= undying/lovelorn spirit
(yes, this is a nod to mally and sylvia... feel free to give it a better name)

wraith + ghost dragon= grim reaper

imp + death troll = grendel weirdling (because, let's face it, we all wanted a pet one in gh)

judge + wraith= fallen judge (with a name like that, who wouldn't want one?)

no ideas on talents though, i'm too tired to think anymore... i love this game, blah blah.

-von

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
One thing I've always been kind of sad to see relates to the original school pet hybrids.

Triton + efreet --> Marid (storm flavored efreet) but the item card is still a Fire spell and the storm player who gets this hybrid back, cannot use the card.

Would have liked to see the item card updated to the hybrid's school. So yes, you could have double the number of original school hybrids:

Triton + efreet --> Marid (storm efreet item card) or "Hot Springs Triton" (fire triton card)

The card would follow the appearance of the pet, and be functionally identical to the base pet's original item card, except for being changed into a different school/color.

That way, no matter what pet I got back, hybrid or otherwise, I would have a 2/3 chance of getting an item card I could use in my school.

So yes, you could get a unique myth kraken item card on your topaz kraken, or a unique myth Pastoral Reveler healing spell on your hybrid Traveller, or a unique life Scarecrow on your Crop Watcher.

Not to be distributed in tc form! You would have to have the pet equipped to ever get to use that unique item card.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2014
Dear KingsIsle,
i actually have some idea for pets that could be possible for the game . i have some combinations in mind for some new pets that you could add to the game.
Here are some ideas:
#1 - any hounds (blood hound for example) + vampire = a werewolf/wolf. spell card that it gives is a polymorph to the wolf from Darkmoor but a balance version. 6 round of polymorph
#2 - unicorn + satyr = centaur. spell card it gives is rebirth at teen.
new pet idea #3 - pet versions of the new shadow spells from Darkmoor.
new pet idea #4 - a pet versions of the immortals. they each give a spell to attack with the immortal.
#5 - snowball + snake in a basket = evil snow peapod. gives 1 card at baby, 1 at adult, 1 at epic.
ice shield, ice blade, ice trap
Well, those are all i could think of at the moment. i will let you know if I came up with more.
Sincearly,
Blaze - 100

Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
Ooh, cool, what about a hatch from a shaolin moneky, and a judge, can we expect, a monkey judge? or maybe
a turtle and a ninja pig, hmm, or has that already been done? How about a happy piggle and pet egg hatch, for a laughing kookaburra pet

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
I would like to see more Grimoire possibilities. Frozen(ice), Blossoming(Life), Scorched(Fire), etc.. I'd love to see them.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
Hmm.... Jellyfish + Betta Fish = Sea Dragon?

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
I would like to see some new hybrids based on older pets. The new stuff is all well and good, and I know many will buy the pets or cards with pets in order to make hybrids. I'd love to see some new mixes on the original piggle we get, or the blue ghost, or the unicorn and the dragon that can be bought from the Pet Shoppe Boys. Perhaps a winged unicorn in that last case. Maybe without the SUPER STATS!! that some players search for, but with good stats for the lower level wizards. Not everything has to be aimed at the level 100s.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
Two pets come to mind. First would be an alicorn, or a winged pegasus (unicorn + pegasus). The second one would be a dark unicorn (unicorn + nightmare).

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Nightmare x Unicorn for a Zebra

Pegasus Pony x Unicorn for a Pegacorn (Pointacorn?) It should give Sharpen Blade like the Enchanted Armament.

Harpy x Shaolin Monkey for a Flying Monkey

Sea Dragon x Otter for a Seal

There should be a Penguin pet added to the game, then a hybrid with that and the Toucant to make a Puffin.