Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-9-17

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I would say that my favorite thing I've crafted was probably my Celestial Observatory! Though I will admit that the wands/Amulets from that guy in Wintertusk were helpful at the time! And I love the Mount Guy in Polaris!

I would say that the thing I would change would be to add more crafting in general. I really like the Houses and Housing Items (We have no Polarian Housing except maybe that one from the card pack) and the housing items from the B.O.X.E.S. event also looks amazing, but I wish we had more like it. I also would like it if there was some good craftable gear for upper levels as well. Currently I'm using 120 shoes from the Professor Hoard pack and still my Darkmoor Gear from 20 levels ago. Some crafted gear might be in order.

As far as reagents, I do think that the Potent Trap one was a little more difficult than it needed to be, (especially where it made me craft it twice!) but I understand why it's no trade. Just my thoughts.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I don't have one particular crafted item I like. There are so many!

Some crafted suggestions:

1) Some reagents are never used, and some are over-used. Fossil, Diamond, and Stone Block are just an example that is over-used in recipes.

2) Crafted gear should be considered Tier 2, just below a farming dungeon like Darkmoor. There are many of us who can't or won't farm dungeons, as it's a tedious, monotonous, slogfest that has ultra-low drop rates.

3) Crafting should be available at the beginning of a new world, not halfway through it or towards the end.

4) It would be nice if we could designate one wizard to do all the crafting for gear (except for spells). There is some crafted gear that is only good for stitching, yet I can't trade it to any of my other wizards (Sardonyx wands, for ex)

5) Crafted gear needs to have all the stats, not bits of this and pieces of that. At high levels, having excellent gear is necessary to help us move through the world. We can always add jewels and pets with stats to be different.

6) Gardening is fine, but having us fish for "drops" is a bit much. Sonic Springs is another next-to-impossible reagent that has limited availability. Potent Trap is a perfect example of rarity and frustration and will put an immediate halt on crafting.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
My favorite crafted item would have to be the spell cards from Avalon. Especially the Deer Knight spell card since i'm death. The one thing I would change about crafting is how long it takes to get the drops or reagents needed to craft something, for example getting Amber for the crafted spells. I would love to be able to wave a wand and increase the drop rate for rare or uncommon reagents. Then it would be easier for a wizard of any school to craft a spell or anything they want to craft in the game.

Daniel
Champion Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
Add additions to houses. By that, I mean small floating islands that are part of a house but not a complete house. for instance, the Winterwind tower has a fishing island you reach through a secret door and then a teleporter. Another house, you use the same method to jump to a PVP arena.

As to that, it would be nice to add a fishing hole to crafted houses that you craft and then attach to your crafted home.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
First time messaging on here, but I felt like it was a good time. If I were to change any one thing about crafting, is I'd like more usable items to craft. Like, TV's, or chairs I could actually sit in, beds I could lay down in. I'd like my house to feel like I could live in it, rather than it just being a cool place to look. Stackable books would be cool too.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
all i want is adequate crafted gear in the upper-level worlds; it doesn't have to be as good as the malistaire set (since we all know the elite/hardcore players will whine nonstop if we casuals can also have nice things), but any upgrade would be appreciated.

my wizards are still in kh crafted/ww combos from 40-60 levels ago because i don't have tons of spare cash to drop on crowns atm and i don't have the time or patience to farm darkmoor.

farming is awful; the rng is horrible and being met with disappointment again and again becomes soul-suckingly frustrating. it took me almost a year to get just one full set of dm gear... and i don't have 3 more years to devote to outfitting my other 3 exalted + wizards.

i have 2 wizards at the start of mirage, but i'm not able to complete it as i lack the requisite stats to survive postnerf. as i've said before, if gear is required for survival (like dm gear is) and has no craftable or purchasable alternative, the instance is not optional.

as for the thing i've most enjoyed crafting, i'd say my loremaster spell on my balance wizard. i have zero luck with drops so, after 2 years of farming with no result, i just crafted the spells i wanted (lore & savage paw for balance + deer knight for my death).

Community Leader
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I changed my mind, can you bring back opal jewel crafting recipes that were available on test then taken out with no explanation?

Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
My favorite thing to craft is the shadow forged wands they are so cool looking I only wish they were tradable. If there was in thing I would change is that there was better crafted gear.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
My favorite item would have to be the vaults. I'm a hoarder at heart so getting to hoard more is a blessing to me.

If I could change one thing about crafting, I would revamp the gear you could craft.

I would do this by removing the crafted gear in the game all together. This is because I feel that crafted gear should have more freedom with what you can craft and fill gaps in your stats that dropped and bought gear can't fill. I think the process of crafting should work like this instead:
1.) Start by selecting the school you wish to craft for.
When a school is selected, x amount of gems would be added to the recipe of your custom gear (fire uses ruby, death uses onyx, etc.)
2.) Choose the level.
Level would determine amount of each reagent you would need for your recipe.
3.) Pick the stats you wish to add.
Each stat would have a specific reagent required that would be added to your recipe on selection. The level you pick would also determine this reagent (level 10 health boost would may require sandstone versus level 80 which may need sunstone.) This would hopefully prevent reagents from becoming obsolete if this system was implemented. The amount of stats could add would be determined by your skill as a crafter (a beginner could only add one stat, but a champion craft could add several more stats.)

4.) Additional thoughts
I toyed with the idea of item quality/rarity like most MMOs have, but couldn't really figure out a good way to add it in. I also think it would be cool if recipes cost less reagents if you crafted them a lot. If you are experienced with crafting a certain recipe, it would make since that you eventually found ways to be more efficient in crafting said recipe.

Well, that's all the crafting additions I could think of. Cheers

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
tyrant405 on Jun 11, 2017 wrote:
My favorite item would have to be the vaults. I'm a hoarder at heart so getting to hoard more is a blessing to me.

If I could change one thing about crafting, I would revamp the gear you could craft.

I would do this by removing the crafted gear in the game all together. This is because I feel that crafted gear should have more freedom with what you can craft and fill gaps in your stats that dropped and bought gear can't fill. I think the process of crafting should work like this instead:
1.) Start by selecting the school you wish to craft for.
When a school is selected, x amount of gems would be added to the recipe of your custom gear (fire uses ruby, death uses onyx, etc.)
2.) Choose the level.
Level would determine amount of each reagent you would need for your recipe.
3.) Pick the stats you wish to add.
Each stat would have a specific reagent required that would be added to your recipe on selection. The level you pick would also determine this reagent (level 10 health boost would may require sandstone versus level 80 which may need sunstone.) This would hopefully prevent reagents from becoming obsolete if this system was implemented. The amount of stats could add would be determined by your skill as a crafter (a beginner could only add one stat, but a champion craft could add several more stats.)

4.) Additional thoughts
I toyed with the idea of item quality/rarity like most MMOs have, but couldn't really figure out a good way to add it in. I also think it would be cool if recipes cost less reagents if you crafted them a lot. If you are experienced with crafting a certain recipe, it would make since that you eventually found ways to be more efficient in crafting said recipe.

Well, that's all the crafting additions I could think of. Cheers
This sounds like a great idea! I think it is important that there is gear variety in the game, and this seems perfect! It would allow people to focus on the stats that they need, and not so much on the ones that they do not need. I hope Kingsisle considers this idea and eventually adds it in game.

Update: I missed the part where you said you wanted to remove all crafted gear. I think the gear already existing in game should be kept, but for third arc gear and beyond we get to choose what stats we want on it.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
My favorite crafted item is the bookshelves from Five B.O.X.E.S.

I think there should be craftable hairstyles. It would be very cool if you could craft things like a pvp ring to put in your house. Also the Treetop Getaway could be made easier

I am really looking forward to the crafted gear!!!!!

Moira Stormheart

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
My newest wizard is my Myth.
I was so excited to craft his Ninja Pigs Spell.
The one thing I TRULY want is the mote of transport to be easier to get/find. So far only my life wiz has managed to craft the school mount.
I have farmed Stribog countless times and have gotten every other mote, except transport.If KI could make this reagent dropped from more bosses throughout the spiral I would be very happy.
I never seem to have any luck harvesting it from my ultra plants either lol.
I don't expect KI to make this reagent common, but to have it obtainable from more places/events etc would be awesome

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Jun 10, 2017 wrote:
Right, you can already do this, have you tried it out?
You can't, say, transmute 100 fossils at the same time. You can transmute 100 one at a time, one after the other, but you can't do them in bulk like that. That's what they're suggesting

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
dayerider on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
You can't, say, transmute 100 fossils at the same time. You can transmute 100 one at a time, one after the other, but you can't do them in bulk like that. That's what they're suggesting
Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification, so like a "Craft More" option, same as "Buy More".

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification, so like a "Craft More" option, same as "Buy More".
now you got the idea of the original request :)

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I love the level 56 gear from Sudrilund, especially the hats. It's among the best stats at that level and looks good. I wish other stages of the game had decent crafted gear. A few of the boots from Avalon and AZ are okay, and the KR resist rings are useful for immunity builds, but otherwise crafted stuff is far below good dropped and crown items (and Arena-only gear is OP, but that's another topic).

Thanks!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jun 9, 2017 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's Friday, so let's get with the Feedback, shall we?

This one is for the crafters. I have a two part question. First of all, what is your favorite item you've ever crafted and why? Second, if you could wave your magic wand and change ONE thing about crafting, what would it be? Please note that we are planning to add some new crafted gear sometime in the next few updates, so that's absolutely already on our list. What else would you change?

Have a wonderful Friday and a very happy weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
Hmm... the favorite item to craft... I guess it would be some pet snacks, because sometimes, it's nice to create pet snacks to feed our pets with, even though at times, looking for Mega Snacks may be tough.

Now, what would I change to crafting?

There's the annoyance of not being able to craft items after crafting one & the message saying "You've crafted an [insert item here]!" keeps me from doing more, even if I wanted to craft multiple items, whereas I can only make one at a time.

There is of course some Wizards' needs to craft spells from recipes, their reagent amounts are tough to meet. Some said it takes them months to get them and craft the spells they need to their decks by the time they're done. Even I would like to make gathering reagents to make spells through crafting only.

Last, I think having more crafting exclusive school spells, like Samoorai & Loremaster, would be very neat, even utility spells.

My thoughts on how I could change crafting are this:

1.) Streamline the process of crafting; make it a lot less time-consuming to wait to craft items, so we'll be able to craft multiple items at once, &/or others at a time.

2.) Lower down the reagent costs to spells & items, E.G., Samoorai, Goat Monk, Ninja Pig, Loremaster, Savage Paw, & Krampus. There are certain reagents, both common & rare that need their amounts toned down a notch, so it'll be easier to craft. Also, there should be level & craft rank indicators that signifies how complex spells & items can be to craft.

3.) Add in more crafting exclusive school spells like those that I mentioned. I'm thinking of many possible new spells, like new spells that places all traps &/or blades simultaneously, new attack spells, new Astral enchantment spells, & even shadow & shadow-integrated spells, both attack & utility in the Arcanum's Forge of Legends.

That's what I would really change to crafting. We may need some streamlining & reagent reductions in. Hope you can do so, Professor Falmea. Thanks!

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
I always do crafting quest for all of my wizards. It is my favorite part of the game.

My Favorite Crafted Item?
The Root of Spring wand. This wand gives you brilliant light then a may cast of rebirth all for 2 pips. In my opinion the best utility wand in the spiral

What would I change if I could?
  • Add the ability to craft Critical Jewels and healing pet spell jewels by adding something like amber to the existing recipes.
  • Make amber and diamonds easier to get or lower the amounts needed for recipes that use them. Maybe sell them in the crown shop in bundles like some of the other reagents.
  • Recipes to craft Hephaestus, Athena Battle Sight, and Queen Calypso Treasure Cards and lower amber requirements for these spells to the same as the rest of the crafted spells. I crafted a lot of the Loremaster drop spells because I got tired of farming loremaster for them. Currently, there are no TC recipes to craft these spells.
  • Custom recipe creation. Let us choose what we want to boost such as critical, damage, health, blocking, accuracy and possibly a spell for gear. Then you get a list of reagents for that gear.
  • Allow crafting of Waterworks or Darkmoor gear available after farming the instances a predetermined number of times
  • Give us recipes to craft wooden, stone and gold boss keys.
Finally a note about an issue with crafting badges.

I always complete crafting quests because crafted gear is better for some things than boss drops. There is an issue with last 3 Crafting badges progression in the badges section of my level 120 Balance Wizard Valerian. Azteca gives you Transcendent Crafter, Khrysalis Promethean crafter and Arcanum gives you Champion. But the badges are listed as Champion, Promethean, and Transcendent. The activities section now list Promethean.
  • It should be Transcendent, Promethean and then Champion. The activities page should list Champion and not Promethean.

Valerian 120
Morgrim 64
Elijah 55
Steve 49
Malorn 42
Boris 35

My thoughts on crafting.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
Wrote a reply but wanted to add one thing that would be nice to have.

A safe to put your extra gold in. I wind up buying houses with gold, then selling them just to lower the amount of gold I have. Since we can not put gold in our bank that would be something nice to have.

Some games have a bank you can deposit excess gold in which would be another way to go.

Just a thought. Thanks for the topic.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't have a favorite crafted item. There're so many I like. If I was going to pick one, I would say spells specially the funny ones. I get bored farming for rare reagents day after day. So I"d like to see hard to find reagents such as: Amber, Amber Dust, Merle's Whisker, Vine, and Mote of ____, etc.. to buy in the Bazaar. I hope KI continues to put craftible spells including multiple attack ones in the game.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
One of the spells I'd love to craft Is Monster Mash. That spell makes me laugh every time I see it cast.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Just wanted to add in one more request to crafting.

We need to craft new wands that have jewel sockets, like those from the Hoard packs. I was thinking of making them so I could augment them to improve stats, E.G., spell school damage, health, and so on. Bring in new wand crafting recipes with sockets.

Oh! There's also this...

There are so many exclusive spells we get from the Five B.O.X.E.S. event in treasure card forms, I couldn't help but think, shouldn't we get recipes from those spells, like the Sirocco Djinn, E.G., and I would really like to see that spell and others from that event have crafting recipes! I liked that Balance spell so much, it makes me want to ask for it! I would like these to be made and available the next time that event comes by! Please do so!

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I personally don't craft all that much, I only do it for crafting quests to boost my rank and for good gear. I prefer farming for gear (about 12 runs of Waterworks, baby!).I don't do housing, I find it boring and a waste of time and money, so I just have a regular dorm that's empty except for some crafting tables. If I could change one thing, make stuff easier to craft! I'm almost done with Celestia and I'm still stuck on the stupid Dragonspyre crafting quest because I can't find any Blood Moss for the bookcases! I scavenged the Bazaar for hours searching for Blood Moss and only got like, two. I'm planning on crafting some gear later on in the game, and BOY do they look difficult to craft. At this rate, I'm probably gonna just run with Waterworks gear for a long time. So please, just make crafting recipes use up less reagents.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I've had more time to think about this, and here's ideas that I've suggested, or thought about suggesting, all wrapped up into one post:

1) A reverse Transmute option where we could do things like take a fossil, and bring it back down to stone blocks
2) Amber Dust --> Amber at 20:1 ratio (just change the recipe and remove the other ingredients)
3) Regular Jewel --> Flawless Jewel at 15:1 ratio (example, 15 Amethyst --> 1 Flawless Amethyst)
4) Flawless Jewel --> Perfect Jewel at 15:1 ratio (example, 15 Flawless Amethyst --> 1 Perfect Amethyst)
5) Spring --> Sonic Spring - either 15:1 or 20:1 ratio
6) Vine --> Braided Vine - either 15:1 or 20:1 ratio
7) Mount Speed upgrades; 40% --> 45% speed boost, no gem slots

All of these are in the vein of having crafting be more flexible. This should be enough for now lol