Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 11-3-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! Once again, it's Friday, and that means it's time for a new topic!

This week, let's flash forward to the near future and think about updates to come. If you could pick an area of Empyrea Pt. 1 in which you would like to see future skeleton key bosses, where would it be? What sort of creature would be there and why? What sort of goodies would they drop?

Looking forward to your responses! Have a wonderous weekend everyone.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Professor Falmea on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
Hello Wizards! Once again, it's Friday, and that means it's time for a new topic!

This week, let's flash forward to the near future and think about updates to come. If you could pick an area of Empyrea Pt. 1 in which you would like to see future skeleton key bosses, where would it be? What sort of creature would be there and why? What sort of goodies would they drop?

Looking forward to your responses! Have a wonderous weekend everyone.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I didn't explore much of Empyrea, but I really like how Zanadu looks like. (WHY DOESN'T THE ZANADU COMBAT THEME PLAY IN SHADOW MOB FIGHTS ON THE STREETS THERE???)

Goodies that I want to see are the Pirate101 music scrolls, specifically the Valencia 2 ones and the Mooshu Skyway and Broadside combat themes. I think it would also be good if you guys created new good robes again, since the last time we got good robes was back in July 2015. I understand that the types of stats gear offers changed in the third arc, and that robes nowadays only have health, block, resist, and some other stuff, but it would be nice to see damage and critical on them again...

Now that I think about it, I also REALLY want some new good looking gear. I LOVED the Omen robe, and I would really like some new pretty gear to farm for. I read on Central that the Empyrea gear looks pretty ugly, and a certain someone really wants the outfit that NPC Zigi StarDust has in Empyrea.

It would also be nice to see block on wands instead of pip conversion again... I think it would be really good for Wizard if the best wands in game aren't gotten from packs, as this has been the case for years now. Sorry, but I really don't see people using the Revered weapons besides for energy and fishing purposes.

Survivor
May 13, 2012
My suggestion on loot is gear that is better than the level 100 Darkmoor Malistaire gear. Some of us still only use damage/critical gear. The pip conversion gear has little interest to me.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
Hello! Twitter was lacking space.

As I said in the Tweet, Zanadu is very empty and needs more content. I feel since the Leisure dome was the main theme that felt short that for a "Stone" skeleton key boss, fighting dancing Alphoi leading up to the dancing queen herself would be fun.

Rewards: Shadow Pip Gems, Shadow Furniture, new mount, housing food items.

We seriously need new food items for housing. On top of that I am kinda tired farming rattle bones in Mirage for a +3% shadow pip gem and really would like an easier alternative way that has a higher chance of dropping it. It could be the same +3% or a +4% level 125 requirement.

If you have... to put a Skeleton Key boss in the Aerial area, put in at the "No Where" town. I was fairly surprised and disappointed that there was no quest leading inside those buildings and was curious what they look like inside. Who we fight, it could be some of the towns residents that can't stand the poverty levels? Like those mice/rats NPCs, I don't know... maybe some guests from Pirate101? I leave that up to you. Wooden Key Boss.

Rewards: Shadow Pip Gems, Pets, Decks, and Rings.

If you have to put a skeleton key boss, I would like to see one placed in the Arcanum particularly the Arc room. When I was exploring around, you had all... that space in the back with nothing there. You can easily put a hidden skeleton key boss there and force wizards to see the ship both front and back.

Who you fight, why not the Arcanum Teachers? I mean... surely they get bored reading all those books and want some action. I would make this a special gold skeleton key boss fight where you fight 2 teachers at once. Too prevent from playing favorites, the one that unlocks the door gets to choose which set of teachers the group fights.

Rewards: Shadow Pip Gems, Arcanum Furniture drops, a unique model of the "Arc Ship" to be placed in housing, and maybe teach wizards the crafting recipe to make "Wood/Stone/Gold" skeleton keys?

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
A Cabalist Alphoi in Zanadu. He should be a gold skeleton key boss that drops lvl 125 gear and a new empyrean mount that gives 2 damage to all schools.

Daniel
Champion Necromancer

Let The Beasts Drop

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Athanor, of what we've seen thus far in Empyrea, Athanor has to be my favorite place.

I could see a skeleton key boss being there.

What a battle that might be, the forces of magic pitted against the powers of technology.

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I'm think there should be a Sani bot in Zanadu sewers. I say Zanadu sewers because it's underground and secret and sani bots are there so it makes sense. I think that if the boss is hard enough it could have a robotic looking attire. It could also drop a squid mount maby with different colors. pets could include a mini beastman, sky squid and a spider monkey. Housing items could be what you would expect to see in a average Alphoi house. Just a few ideas

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The fountain in the middle of Zanadu has four doors, but only one of them goes anywhere. I'd want to put something behind the others. We haven't seen a water lurker in a while, so that would be a good thing to use. And the drop tables would be for you to decide what's balanced.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2012
There were few references to pirate101 in Empyrea so how about Kane as a boss and Deacon, Bishop, and Rooke as his minions. For a drop, Kane's sword as a wand.

Survivor
May 29, 2014
critical gear please our critical goes down and again we need better critical gear. not sure which gear in specifics. how about a critical athame for a change? something with power pips too though o; mana isnt that important compared to power pips.
and maybe in the jungle? or the sewers?

Survivor
May 29, 2014
oh! also, maybe energy gear? to match our new crafted wands :P
or some new mounts, like from omen? would be awesome

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I'm excited for Empyrea, I cannot wait to get there.

That said, My wizard is currently at level 80 and questing in Avalon. I've got a ways to go before I hit Empyrea.

I love Feedback Friday and I don't want to come off sounding whiney, but it seems that the topic has been nothing but Empyrea since the test realm went online.

Since Empyrea is still in the Test Realm could we have a special Feedback Friday in the Empyrea Test Realm board and go back to Feedback that all the wizards can contribute to here in the Dorms?

Steven Ghoststalker

Community Leader
I would really like to see a Cabal Beast Man in Aerial Jungle. Like, who would even think that there is a Beast Man with the Cabal? More specifically, I was imagining a creature with the Cabal symbol on it's chest just like Poison Oak (the treant).
As for drops, I was thinking something along the lines of mounts / jewels with new spells (like Brandon) but something unique for each school. Example: A storm wizard can get a storm themed mount but can't get other school items. I don't expect the drop rate to be easy

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Area51Alien on Nov 4, 2017 wrote:
I'm excited for Empyrea, I cannot wait to get there.

That said, My wizard is currently at level 80 and questing in Avalon. I've got a ways to go before I hit Empyrea.

I love Feedback Friday and I don't want to come off sounding whiney, but it seems that the topic has been nothing but Empyrea since the test realm went online.

Since Empyrea is still in the Test Realm could we have a special Feedback Friday in the Empyrea Test Realm board and go back to Feedback that all the wizards can contribute to here in the Dorms?

Steven Ghoststalker
One of the reasons I suspect for asking Empyrea themed questions is so that, KI is strongly interested in what players have to say about the world and their ideas for improving it, especially with it being in the test realm. They would like to hear the thoughts of these players so that these improvements can be made before the world hits live realm. This not only saves the company time down the road, but also gives players a little of what they want - their voices are heard which is something I'm sure we all would appreciate.

We saw an example of this when there was strong disagreement about the requirements needed to complete the crafting quest in this world. KI heard us and adjusted to something that was at least attainable.

I suspect after the wave of this world dies down a bit, we'll see more general themed questions, but for now, since we've a new world in test realm, why not ask questions about it?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Star Edward on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
One of the reasons I suspect for asking Empyrea themed questions is so that, KI is strongly interested in what players have to say about the world and their ideas for improving it, especially with it being in the test realm. They would like to hear the thoughts of these players so that these improvements can be made before the world hits live realm. This not only saves the company time down the road, but also gives players a little of what they want - their voices are heard which is something I'm sure we all would appreciate.

We saw an example of this when there was strong disagreement about the requirements needed to complete the crafting quest in this world. KI heard us and adjusted to something that was at least attainable.

I suspect after the wave of this world dies down a bit, we'll see more general themed questions, but for now, since we've a new world in test realm, why not ask questions about it?

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad, VERY glad that KI is asking our opinions on Empyrea. It shows that the professors do care what we wizards think about the world we play in. I have yet to see anything resembling the money-grubbing elitist corporation that KI is portrayed as on Facebook groups or by YouTube video hosts.

And I do understand why KI is asking for feedback while Empyrea is in Test Realm.

I just personally think that a separate Feedback Friday for Empyrea in the Empyrea message board would be better.

Just my 2 crowns

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Survivor
Oct 04, 2012
I would like to see a boss with very wild cheats doing stuff like discarding your hand, mixing up players cards with each others, and maybe even temporarily switching the wizard everyone controls to confuse them further (returning control to your own if the person you are flipped with flees combat). Along with standard cheats like feint switching and getting in free hard hitting attacks every few turns. I would imagine it would be the first boss to drop critical athames. (I would farm the boss for hours for that alone.) As I am sure others have said, higher critical gear would be nice. I also still suggest the accuracy debuff on raging bull to be 40% but it's been awhile so my hopes on that are fading. Oh yeah the creature in question, I would like it to be a shadow that rises from the floor and takes grandmother raven's shape. (This could indicate that shadow may have already gotten to her.) Oh I totally just thought, I am not sure what other spells to put in to match this, but with pigsie now being craftable, it would be nice if this fight could potentially teach wizards rebirth. As a fire wizard with a life mastery amulet, sometimes I have to sub in as the healer, having rebirth would mean I wouldn't have to rely solely on treasure cards for it and will have reason for primordial and radical.

Also just throwing it out there, I hope there is some twist down the line that the bat actually wants to stop his father and that he cares about living creatures. (And if he showed up and acted all evil and I just didn't see it because I don't want to spoil it by looking it up on youtube, I hope it is just spider's influence over him.)

And that arcanum fight the scholars idea, to heck with my silly idea, that one is so much better. I say prioritize that idea over mine. I would love to have skeleton key scholar fights. (Maybe still game's first critical athames though.)

Survivor
May 29, 2014
oh, another idea! can we please get new insignia gear? or new gear with school symbols on? please? it'll be great for stitching!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2017
You should add a feature where you can commend people for helping or being friendly, you should only be able to commend a person only once for one thing and that trait should be open information for people to see, i don't think anything negative should be an option because it could reflect negatively on an otherwise nice person, that is what reporting is and will be for. It would be a good way for people to look for trustworthy, friendly people to interact with instead of people looking out only for themselves.

Administrator
Great feedback, everyone! Thanks for the feedback, we'll keep this in mind for future skeleton key bosses.

Huave, that's a neat idea. We have something... not quite the same, but in the same vein of rewarding people for being helpful, coming up soon. Stay tuned!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea