Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Evil Beckons, but What Magic Does it Have?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Old Cob is the biggest bad guy we've had so far. Forget a professor who goes insane, forget a sorceress destroying whole worlds for power; here we have the oldest and strongest villain in all of the Spiral. What KI's doing for the 4th arc I haven't a clue, but ever since Morganthe's offers people have wanted a game about the darker side of magic. With Morganthe, the choices for magic would have been simple. With Spider? Not so much. Because, you see, every single magic we know of except is from Bartleby.

, & to , & .
, & to ; , & to and , & to .
, & made .

Quite a lot for only 3 starting schools. But Spider, as far as we know (*wink wink* KI), only has 1. And while 3 can make 10, 1 can only make 1. The solution? Well, I have 2 parts to 1 solution. Part 1: Spider's Children:

The Rat is good at making men puppets, the Bat is a master of disguise, and the Scorpion is a Master Alchemist. Master Alchemist? That's our first school done: Alchemy. However Bat just sounds like & honestly Rat just sounds a bit like a minion school at most. So we move on to Part 2:

Who freed Spider? Us. Who found Spider? Morganthe. Who ran across Khrysalis constantly using their magic? The Council of Light. What magics did we all know as we essentially taught Spider ourselves? Bartleby's. This is where an interesting choice comes in. Should we use as a primary; or Light? Now obviously Light isn't a school we know of, but I bet some of you were surprised earlier when I called the sum of , & . That's because actually, appears when combining ,,,,,,, & . The sum of everything. And while every other triad has been covered; it still leaves , & . What's the obvious choice? Light.

So personally, I think the primary schools of Old Cob's academy, or whatever the place may be called, should be Shadow (), Alchemy () & Light (). So what're the secondary schools? First, we need to know what the primary schools really are.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/shadow-magic. That's in a nutshell.

But is the volatile changing of all things, big or small. Alchemists use many ways to utilise these changes, usually through potions of some kinds. While Alchemy spells may be weak, fear their charms & wards, for the more components; the stronger the spell. This wouldn't really have a substitute school.

, on the other hand, is a relatively peaceful magic. Harvested by Spider at the peak of Bartleby's magic. It is well-rounded & balanced, helping others while still being able to take hits and also deal them. This would be the substitute school for .

Now & , dark, reality-shifting changes. I was stuck on this for a while, then it suddenly hit me: Time. Wouldn't a Time school be great after all of these posts detailing it? Manipulations, I'm thinking maybe a glass cannon replacement for or weak hits but landing them fast.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2012
I don't think you been reading the story as carefully as you think. Unless I'm mistaken of course, the schools of magic do NOT come from Bartleby. Bartleby, Raven and Spider may have always used magic but they did not create the elemental schools of magic or the celestial or the balance. The celestians made their magic, the order of the fang made balance magic to battle the tuts and the elemental schools, according to the trees in Raven wood were made by ice giants, dragons and I think the other one was tritons. Not a single time has Bartleby been given credit for making these schools of magic and the creator or creators of the spirit schools of magic have gone unmentioned in the game. If you forgot to pay attention the first time you played the game you should make another wizard so you'll know what's going on. As I recall when there was a 3 way war a long time ago it's the elemental trees like Kelvin who tell you about it and it sounds like storm lost so many battles back in that time, the Storm school of magic was almost completely lost to history.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
Blaze Sandblade on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Old Cob is the biggest bad guy we've had so far. Forget a professor who goes insane, forget a sorceress destroying whole worlds for power; here we have the oldest and strongest villain in all of the Spiral. What KI's doing for the 4th arc I haven't a clue, but ever since Morganthe's offers people have wanted a game about the darker side of magic. With Morganthe, the choices for magic would have been simple. With Spider? Not so much. Because, you see, every single magic we know of except is from Bartleby.

, & to , & .
, & to ; , & to and , & to .
, & made .

Quite a lot for only 3 starting schools. But Spider, as far as we know (*wink wink* KI), only has 1. And while 3 can make 10, 1 can only make 1. The solution? Well, I have 2 parts to 1 solution. Part 1: Spider's Children:

The Rat is good at making men puppets, the Bat is a master of disguise, and the Scorpion is a Master Alchemist. Master Alchemist? That's our first school done: Alchemy. However Bat just sounds like & honestly Rat just sounds a bit like a minion school at most. So we move on to Part 2:

Who freed Spider? Us. Who found Spider? Morganthe. Who ran across Khrysalis constantly using their magic? The Council of Light. What magics did we all know as we essentially taught Spider ourselves? Bartleby's. This is where an interesting choice comes in. Should we use as a primary; or Light? Now obviously Light isn't a school we know of, but I bet some of you were surprised earlier when I called the sum of , & . That's because actually, appears when combining ,,,,,,, & . The sum of everything. And while every other triad has been covered; it still leaves , & . What's the obvious choice? Light.

So personally, I think the primary schools of Old Cob's academy, or whatever the place may be called, should be Shadow (), Alchemy () & Light (). So what're the secondary schools? First, we need to know what the primary schools really are.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/shadow-magic. That's in a nutshell.

But is the volatile changing of all things, big or small. Alchemists use many ways to utilise these changes, usually through potions of some kinds. While Alchemy spells may be weak, fear their charms & wards, for the more components; the stronger the spell. This wouldn't really have a substitute school.

, on the other hand, is a relatively peaceful magic. Harvested by Spider at the peak of Bartleby's magic. It is well-rounded & balanced, helping others while still being able to take hits and also deal them. This would be the substitute school for .

Now & , dark, reality-shifting changes. I was stuck on this for a while, then it suddenly hit me: Time. Wouldn't a Time school be great after all of these posts detailing it? Manipulations, I'm thinking maybe a glass cannon replacement for or weak hits but landing them fast.
i read but i got lost

but heres what i do know

ice was made by frost giants who stole water from the sea of the titans
storm giants made and they kept flooding the dragons lands

fire giants made and would melt ice gaints kingdom in the sky

then later on by mixing they made

then even later when we come in the balance school is the newset school starting because there just learning how to combine all the schools to make one magic so make balance

then later in the story when you enter cl you learn about sun moon and star schools

and the school is made by combineing
and the school is made by combining
and the school is made by combining

and this magic was being study in celetsa to unlock it because the race before were lost to i think the storm gaints i not sure but from how much they talk about storm gaints in that world i sure thats what happen

finely shadow magic now shadow magic is the magic of magic its not evil or good everybody think its bad but it isn't its just a magic that is pearly from the spiral that raven woods dose not teach because its not a easy magic to control and it touch's the spiral itself and theirs not much they even know on it if you look at the story line it tells you that its just a unknown kinda magic that they don't really understand and they fined it to dangers to teach students because they don't know how it really works

now i do think branching out into shadow school maybe interesting like new teacher

'

there could even just be spell
that be like were we Chang forms or even spell we can cast like a secondary school or even arenas
now i not saying it be good or evil i thinking more of the lines it could be a combinations like they have been doing but with shadow affects like a boost or even a backlash

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
TheBlueBrand on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
I don't think you been reading the story as carefully as you think. Unless I'm mistaken of course, the schools of magic do NOT come from Bartleby. Bartleby, Raven and Spider may have always used magic but they did not create the elemental schools of magic or the celestial or the balance. The celestians made their magic, the order of the fang made balance magic to battle the tuts and the elemental schools, according to the trees in Raven wood were made by ice giants, dragons and I think the other one was tritons. Not a single time has Bartleby been given credit for making these schools of magic and the creator or creators of the spirit schools of magic have gone unmentioned in the game. If you forgot to pay attention the first time you played the game you should make another wizard so you'll know what's going on. As I recall when there was a 3 way war a long time ago it's the elemental trees like Kelvin who tell you about it and it sounds like storm lost so many battles back in that time, the Storm school of magic was almost completely lost to history.
Actually, maybe you should play the game again instead. Look up the dialogue for a quest called 'Old Men'. The Titans (Dragons, Giants, Tritons) were sung into existence by Bartleby, so the Primary schools were made by him and him alone. Then from the wars of the Titans came the Secondary schools. And while the Order of the Fang might have made magic, the magic itself comes from Bartleby's magic. The Astral magic is much the same, search for the 'Triangle of Magic'.