Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eighth school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Hmm well there would need to be to different rival schools. But air is a impossible school .

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
there should be a school of time. then i could summon dinos and robots and warp time so i could go first in battles or stun people!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
TIME WOULD BE BALANCE'S WORST ENEMY :) it would cause chaos and hecticness and be jsut plain awesome. i vote for that, lol

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Well, if one wants to be technical, there are four cardinal points that make up the elements. Air for east, fire for south, water for west, and earth for north in the Pagan or Wiccan viewpoint, as well as the Wizardly viewpoint. Concerning the schools, it is oblivious that Fire would make south (fire). No brainer there. Ice should make west (water). I would put Life as north (earth), and Myth as east (air). Should Storm be east (air), or west (water), as it has elements of both? Probably west as a water element. Where should Death go? I would almost say north (earth), as both life and death are part of earth and living things. Where should Balance go on the cardinal points? I would put it at the center, as it is Balance. Balance meaning a balance of all the elements.

Or one could just place them on both the four cardinal points and the four cross quarters, although there would then have to be an eighth school added. But again, where would they be placed?

Just my ramblings.

Administrator
Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
i think that there should be a school of earth or psycic.

i mean earth would be a good defense and offensive spell

and psycic would be a great offensive spell

think about it!!!!

i am a level 40, life school rules!!!!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You mean like this?

That would be one excellent way to show it. I believe that this particular depiction would be considered Hermetic, or High Magic? There is also the circle that depicts the quarters and cross quarters, along the lines of Celtic origin.

As to a psychic shcool as posted by another member, that would fall into the center of the circle, also known as spirit (or myth), and the ascension of the human conciousness into the realm of spiritual. It is a combination and culmination of the elements.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2008
Survivor
Oct 23, 2008
i think the gobblers on colossus have the school of air coverd pffffffffffffffft lol just had to

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
Please No more schools unless we get new ways to earn training points. When you hit level fifty and have mastered only two schools and bought reshuffle, you still don't feel like and grandmaster of much. Adding a whole new school would make this feeling even worse.

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
Survivor
Nov 15, 2008
I have heard SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO much stuff about some Tritan spell in Moo Shu or something, and I've seen pictures, but I would think that there should be some secret water school in some future world. Ooh!!!!!!!! Maybe for a new world, it could be underwater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That'd be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Nov 15, 2008
squeaky1 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You mean like this?

That would be one excellent way to show it. I believe that this particular depiction would be considered Hermetic, or High Magic? There is also the circle that depicts the quarters and cross quarters, along the lines of Celtic origin.

As to a psychic shcool as posted by another member, that would fall into the center of the circle, also known as spirit (or myth), and the ascension of the human conciousness into the realm of spiritual. It is a combination and culmination of the elements.

Can you please repeat that so I can understand it? Or can someone simplify it please? I find this subject very interesting, really. (That sounds nerdy. Oh well)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
In my oppinion there needs to be a new school. I have been playing for a long time now and I have quite a few higher level characters and have seen all the spells, so by adding a new school it would help.

With water you would have and advantage over fire but fire is also weak against ice so thats out of the question.

If you add air then you would need to add earth because in every form of magic air is earth's enemy which would be cool but life covers earth not doubt about that, but there needs to be a new school.

Time is a little to far-fetched bringing dinosaurs and robots would make the game a little ridiculous don't you think.

But here is a list of some of the elements that I believe would suffice.

Celestial (Holy)
Cosmo (Galaxy or Star magic)
Alchemy (Mechanical Magic but is fire based)
Taoist (Chinese Ancient Magic)
Ether ( Time, Dimesions, and Raw Magic)

These are just a few tell me what you think

Dylan Thunderbane

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Tiny47 wrote:

Alchemy (Mechanical Magic but is fire based)

We already have in the game an ex-instructor from this school...Greta out on Firecat. She mentions it in her main-line quest conversations.

We see it again at several other points in the game...

Survivor
May 07, 2009
I like the idea with the water school.

But would this also be week against storm and ice?

Even earth school would be strong against storm but week against what? :D

And the balance spells are a lot like earth spells.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
ShellaBella wrote:
squeaky1 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You mean like this?

Can you please repeat that so I can understand it? Or can someone simplify it please? I find this subject very interesting, really. (That sounds nerdy. Oh well)

squeaky1 meant storm, ice, and fire are the main elements because they are the weather kind of things.

death, life and myth are like there whole own set different then the elements.

then lastly there is balance in the middle because the balance of the world and the elements and death, life, and myth.

i think thats what what it means. if someone thinks i am wrong plz tell me so i can fix it.

-TikiRace1

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I think there should be a Space School. You know, with Comets, Supernovas and Black Holes and stuff!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I don't think there should be any new schools because the game is aready on line and if you made a new school were would it go? If there was an addition to Ravenwood there would have to be another teacher added, more spells and more quests! Why don't you think of the people who don't pay? The people who made wizard101 might have to put wizard city off line for a few days!!!!! Another reason is if there was air, water and earth added they would take some other schools jobs. Ok i have NO clue how you came up with time, time would be very weird because it would have to take place in marleybone. Who would want to wait that long any ways?

That is why the should never be more schools added
~Jacquline thunderblood

Survivor
May 25, 2009
How about a "School of Chaos"? It could oppose Balance. Please don't say Death is Chaos. Chaos could include space-themed spells and a spell that could be either Life, Death, or Myth; the opposite of Spectral Blast.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
i like the alchemy idea you could even put it on that new world grizzleheim or like some magic or somthing that make sense could go to grizzleheim

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I have taken my idea to heart!

School of Chaos:
Magic is Called- Distortion
Practicers are Called- Distorters
Opposes- Balance
Teacher- A wanderer who appears randomly on different planets of the Spiral; the actual school could be on a world after Grizzleheim.
Spells: outer space (comets, aliens, gravity, etc.); while Balance spells are rather land-based, this school, the opposite, is space-themed; the Chaos of space.
To all who say it won't work, that people who've alredy started will become upset because they couldn't choose it as a primary school, why not just take it on as a secondary or tertiary school? I like my idea!.... Sorry, I babble to much.

Life, the Universe and Everything!................I can't give it away!