Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do our wizards even eat?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 11, 2011
I was wondering since our pets eat....why don't we? Like I'd have some fun time chewing on a apple! Tell me what you think? It could be like potions and whatnot
From:The super wizard team: Cassandra rainbowsong, Kelly thundermask, Molly mythweave, and Ryan darkcoin.
the best of friends

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
sarah230804 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
I was wondering since our pets eat....why don't we? Like I'd have some fun time chewing on a apple! Tell me what you think? It could be like potions and whatnot
From:The super wizard team: Cassandra rainbowsong, Kelly thundermask, Molly mythweave, and Ryan darkcoin.
the best of friends
We already have potions if you haven't seen that a bunch of times in the commons doing quests. Also there are a bunch of reasons why they do not let wizards eat.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
if we had to eat to survive on the game we would be wasting gold on all the food so no i thinks its a bad idea

Historian
May 15, 2009
strongblood15 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
if we had to eat to survive on the game we would be wasting gold on all the food so no i thinks its a bad idea
i wouldn't say "eating to survive", but i think it would be interesting if eating were added in game if for nothing else than more realism

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Eating would be a bad idea because then my wizard would need bathroom breaks. And none of the buildings in wizard101 appear to be fitted with running water so either we need to install indoor plumbing throughout the spiral or build out-houses.

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
strongblood15 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
You do not have to be TOO negative, it was just an idea

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
Maybe eating to add health instead of potions. Like, you can buy a golden carrot and replenishes 500 health and 50 mana. Maybe, but it should be an essential thing for us. Or gold would be harder to obtain. But lets see

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
Maybe to replenish health and mana but not be essential.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Every time we log out our wizards meet at ambrose house for supper. Didnt you know that.

All jokes aside i think we have enough going on.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
you should be asking if wizards go to the bathroom haven't seen any bathroom items for castles a castle is not a castle without a bathroom.

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
This original message has been removed.
Excuse me? Has your mother taught you manners? I won't be having the word STUPID in my forum thank you sir. I would like you to EDIT that post and TAKE OUT THAT STUPID, gosh, learn some respect....

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Zlyxer on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
We already have potions if you haven't seen that a bunch of times in the commons doing quests. Also there are a bunch of reasons why they do not let wizards eat.
I suspect the OP is quite aware of the available potions. She is talking about eating stuff, and I can't imagine any specific reason why wizards shouldn't eat. There are lots of good reasons why a wizard might need to eat:

- because the wizard gets hungry
- to refill energy, health or mana
- provide boosts or extra powers
- some foods are very delicious

I have played other RPG games where eating is an element of the game. Its certainly not a bad idea. Currently my wizard does get hungry at times and eats the raw flesh of its defeated enemies. Only when nobody is looking. I doubt my wizard is the only one that does this.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
I suspect the OP is quite aware of the available potions. She is talking about eating stuff, and I can't imagine any specific reason why wizards shouldn't eat. There are lots of good reasons why a wizard might need to eat:

- because the wizard gets hungry
- to refill energy, health or mana
- provide boosts or extra powers
- some foods are very delicious

I have played other RPG games where eating is an element of the game. Its certainly not a bad idea. Currently my wizard does get hungry at times and eats the raw flesh of its defeated enemies. Only when nobody is looking. I doubt my wizard is the only one that does this.
Nope your wiz is the only one that does that............

Hehe other games do have food as a part of the game but honestly i think we have enough going on to implement that. But to have it as a for fun item or change potions to food that would be fine.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
That would get annoying... Having to feed my Wizard every time it gets hungry, then I would have to stop what I am doing and go and feed my Wizard...

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
you cant see your wizards when you log out. they might sleep, eat, go to bathroom and stuff then

wizard: "sry, dragon but i couldnt resist eating that hambrosia"

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Likeahbaws on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
That would get annoying... Having to feed my Wizard every time it gets hungry, then I would have to stop what I am doing and go and feed my Wizard...
If this happened this would be more like a SIM game rather then a MMORPG. Sorry. I would like to be able to have people over for dinner, but I have a different idea for that.

Survivor
May 04, 2012
Hehe, great idea
What i'm thinking is that we could eat the food and it would act like a minor elixr, like extra gold for 5 minutes or so. And it would drop from monsters, too.

OR, we could use it as a cool add on, i played a game when you drink this stuff and it gives you powers, like the ability to glow for 30 seconds, would be nice if it was longer, I would think it would be pretty cool!

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
TheWillowingWizard on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
Hehe, great idea
What i'm thinking is that we could eat the food and it would act like a minor elixr, like extra gold for 5 minutes or so. And it would drop from monsters, too.

OR, we could use it as a cool add on, i played a game when you drink this stuff and it gives you powers, like the ability to glow for 30 seconds, would be nice if it was longer, I would think it would be pretty cool!
Better then making it a SIM game

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
waste of time to eat it would definently be a dumb idea -_-

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
But when they could be fixing bugs and adding new, cool things I don't think they would add eating because it would not effect gameplay at all.

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
frosty frost on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
waste of time to eat it would definently be a dumb idea -_-
Ok so, Do we eat in real life? Yes, is it a waste of time? No, Would you like it if I called your idea dumb?
Please reply :P

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
cat12ninja on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
But when they could be fixing bugs and adding new, cool things I don't think they would add eating because it would not effect gameplay at all.
Thank you for being the only one who disagrees to write something nice, other people, learn to respect :P
Treat people how you want to be treated, geez

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I think that its a great idea!

Maybe every time you log on, you receive a snack, to replenish all of your health and mana. Then if you wanted to buy more food, when you eat it you could receive a treasure card, a pet snack, or more health.

- Caitlin Frostcloud
magus pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
This original message has been removed.
rude. people can choose to buy them or not

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
I think that would be cool, cause maybe you could earn food like pet snacks, so maybe it could raise our stats for a certain amount of time, make us regain health or mana, or give us some experience.