Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Controlling Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
6
Ok, so this is just in general, if I am paying crows for a helper, I think I should get to decide what they cast. So I propose a double hand setup. My wizard's hand on top, and the henchman's hand on bottom. This is expandable up to 4 hands on screen at once.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
good idea, but it should be restricted for crown minions only, that way, there is atleast a exepcion

Geographer
Sep 19, 2013
839
lifedude2002 on May 5, 2014 wrote:
good idea, but it should be restricted for crown minions only, that way, there is atleast a exepcion
He said henchmen, genius.
This is a good idea. I can think of nothing worse than summoning a henchman with your hard-earned crowns only to have it do nothing useful.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2014
30
Even if it's not doable to pick your henchman's cards, at least there should be an option for what type of spell they use. There could be an option to help me, help itself, or attack. To explain further, help me would either be a healing spell, blade, or shield that the henchman would cast on you. To help itself, it could blade or shield itself. I think attack is fairly self explanatory,but you could pick what type of attack too, like minor, major, AEO, or DOT. This way you wouldn't have full power, but you could decide whether you want the henchman to aid you via healing or attacking.
Katie Smith level 50

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
WaffleMan1221 on May 4, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so this is just in general, if I am paying crows for a helper, I think I should get to decide what they cast. So I propose a double hand setup. My wizard's hand on top, and the henchman's hand on bottom. This is expandable up to 4 hands on screen at once.
I disagree. The henchman represents and independent wizard which you have summoned to help you. That wizard will do what he/she has a mind to do. Nothing more nothing less. In essence, this is like asking a friend to help you and then telling them what to cast.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
Robobot1747 on May 6, 2014 wrote:
He said henchmen, genius.
This is a good idea. I can think of nothing worse than summoning a henchman with your hard-earned crowns only to have it do nothing useful.
oh... henchmen, you are right, i am SUCH a genius :P

Geographer
Sep 19, 2013
839
KKoop3 on May 8, 2014 wrote:
I disagree. The henchman represents and independent wizard which you have summoned to help you. That wizard will do what he/she has a mind to do. Nothing more nothing less. In essence, this is like asking a friend to help you and then telling them what to cast.
Henchman means subordinate or minion, he works for you. Again, if I'm shelling out IRL cash, I expect to have a minion who won't ruin my traps or heal itself repeatedly.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
Robobot1747 on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Henchman means subordinate or minion, he works for you. Again, if I'm shelling out IRL cash, I expect to have a minion who won't ruin my traps or heal itself repeatedly.
I agree.

Would also be cool if all henchmen could use their school heals as well, like availing hands, sacrifice, or healing current. Life henchmen get all the love these days.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
186
WaffleMan1221 on May 4, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so this is just in general, if I am paying crows for a helper, I think I should get to decide what they cast. So I propose a double hand setup. My wizard's hand on top, and the henchman's hand on bottom. This is expandable up to 4 hands on screen at once.
#1- you can be the boss of their deck
#2- it not crows its crowns

Geographer
Sep 19, 2013
839
purrfectgirl on May 22, 2014 wrote:
#1- you can be the boss of their deck
#2- it not crows its crowns
What do you mean "you can be the boss of their deck"? Henchmen are completely controlled by the (dumb-as-a-brick) AI.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
KKoop3 on May 8, 2014 wrote:
I disagree. The henchman represents and independent wizard which you have summoned to help you. That wizard will do what he/she has a mind to do. Nothing more nothing less. In essence, this is like asking a friend to help you and then telling them what to cast.
on, it's different, because henchmen cost real money. When is the last time you had to pay your friend to help you out? If you are, you have a bad friend. if you voluntarily give your friend something for the help, that's totally different.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
186
Robobot1747 on May 24, 2014 wrote:
What do you mean "you can be the boss of their deck"? Henchmen are completely controlled by the (dumb-as-a-brick) AI.
I mean chose which spells are in their deck. also maybe you can say for example "sakeema green, cast satyr on Brittany rose" for example.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
106
just like robobot said dumb as a brick but maybe their should be a text chat option for henchmen when you buy them

Geographer
Sep 19, 2013
839
purrfectgirl on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I mean chose which spells are in their deck. also maybe you can say for example "sakeema green, cast satyr on Brittany rose" for example.
You can tell your friend what to bring/strategy, but you can't control a henchman or alter their deck. Are you talking about friends or henchmen?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
Just adding 3 simple options would be cool for henchmen. When your card choice comes up, they could add Heal, Hit, and Boost options for Henchmen. It would allow no actual control over the spells, but minimal control over the type of action they do. It could still be done in the 30 seconds so it wouldn't slow combat.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
seethe42 on May 25, 2014 wrote:
Just adding 3 simple options would be cool for henchmen. When your card choice comes up, they could add Heal, Hit, and Boost options for Henchmen. It would allow no actual control over the spells, but minimal control over the type of action they do. It could still be done in the 30 seconds so it wouldn't slow combat.
yes!

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
186
Robobot1747 on May 25, 2014 wrote:
You can tell your friend what to bring/strategy, but you can't control a henchman or alter their deck. Are you talking about friends or henchmen?
no, I'm saying it would be awesome if you could control a henchmen. not friends.