Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buff Wings Of Fate

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
Jasmine3429 on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
Each school has 40+ spells, 36 of which you will never use, its just the way it is. Most spells are only useful in specific situations, if you have 4 general spells that get a lot of use, that is no different than every other school.
So WoF should remain useless because each school has 36 spells they will NEVER use? THAT is your argument? Where did you even pull out this number from? Each school has 8-10 spells they might never use. I actually took the time to look through each schools' spells instead of pulling out numbers from who-knows-where. And I have way more than just 4 spells I use frequently. There's yet again another random number.

Most spells are only useful in specific situations...

I stated something similar in my post. I stated that I'd rather have WoF used on occasions rather than not using it at all. WoF is a spell I do not use at all. But this is fair because each school has 36 spells they don't use. I guess that seems pretty reasonable. It's also reasonable that WoF is the less commonly used Polaris shadow enhanced spell so it should stay like that to prevent WWIII.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
Jasmine3429 on Aug 16, 2017 wrote:
Some of us play many schools and actually value the diversity! The majority of these posts I see on how such and such a school needs buffed are very biased toward one school without looking at the whole picture. I for one do not want all the schools to be the same!
I agree with you. I too do not want the schools to be the same. I stated the same thing in another post; however, you contradicted your own argument without even realizing it. Adding a DOT to WoF is making the schools more the same than taking the DOT away. DOTs are more commonly associated with Fire wizards; DOTs are Fire's bailiwick, so why does WoF have a DOT? That's like giving Ice its on heal—it doesn't need it. Life also doesn't need a DOT.

You failed to explain how removing—or like some of you life to say "buffing"—WoF's DOT make the schools more alike. We're not asking for stuns, drains, or low pip massive attacks. And we're most certainly not asking for DOTs. How does removing the DOT from WoF make the schools more alike exactly?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1014
Angel of Solitude on Aug 17, 2017 wrote:
I agree with you. I too do not want the schools to be the same. I stated the same thing in another post; however, you contradicted your own argument without even realizing it. Adding a DOT to WoF is making the schools more the same than taking the DOT away. DOTs are more commonly associated with Fire wizards; DOTs are Fire's bailiwick, so why does WoF have a DOT? That's like giving Ice its on heal—it doesn't need it. Life also doesn't need a DOT.

You failed to explain how removing—or like some of you life to say "buffing"—WoF's DOT make the schools more alike. We're not asking for stuns, drains, or low pip massive attacks. And we're most certainly not asking for DOTs. How does removing the DOT from WoF make the schools more alike exactly?
Every other argument I have seen on this topic says to Buff wings of fate because everyone else got a solid AOE, I was responding to that.

No where before this have I seen anyone argue the point that dots are just not for the life school!

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
985
Jasmine3429 on Aug 17, 2017 wrote:
Every other argument I have seen on this topic says to Buff wings of fate because everyone else got a solid AOE, I was responding to that.

No where before this have I seen anyone argue the point that dots are just not for the life school!
That kind of is the point.

I enjoy the Life School. Most of the Wizards I've played over the years have been Life. I like being able to heal friends when questing together.

The problem is that Life can Hit OR Heal. WoF sought to change that (I don't have the spell yet so I can't comment as to whether it is broken or not). My agreement with the "Buff WoF protest" is in the fact that a Life Wizard Needs to spend 12 pips to get a decent attack and then a heal. When soloing, that can be the difference between winning the duel and being defeated (Especially when the Boss and the minion come out swinging hard and heavy on the FIRST round).

Whereas Death has The Field Guard spell (help me with the name) which not only hits everyone but heals the Wizard for 8 pips (correct me if I'm wrong) 4 less pips for equivalent damage, and MORE healing. If any school should have the best healing spells, it should be Life

Steven Ghoststalker
73

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
There is a solution to the controversy over WoF.

Make it an AoE without heal back to the Team Bump up the damage by about 100 points or roughly equivalent to FL with 85-90% accuracy.

Life doesn't really need another heal. We have many now and we also have healing pets throughout the whole community.

But all this back and forth comparison from one school to another ISN'T going to accomplish anything.

Many of us have wizards in ALL schools and have set our decks to what works for us in a given situation. We have learned the best way to use those spells to our advantage and no, we don't use every spell we have. We choose specific ones, usually 2 - 4 spells for damage and the rest is BLADES, traps and enhancements along with global and auras.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
DragonLady1818 on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
There is a solution to the controversy over WoF.

Make it an AoE without heal back to the Team Bump up the damage by about 100 points or roughly equivalent to FL with 85-90% accuracy.

Life doesn't really need another heal. We have many now and we also have healing pets throughout the whole community.

But all this back and forth comparison from one school to another ISN'T going to accomplish anything.

Many of us have wizards in ALL schools and have set our decks to what works for us in a given situation. We have learned the best way to use those spells to our advantage and no, we don't use every spell we have. We choose specific ones, usually 2 - 4 spells for damage and the rest is BLADES, traps and enhancements along with global and auras.
Why would we make a 108 spell as the same damage as the forest lord at level 58? I like the little heal it gives. I hate the damage over time. This is all I am saying, but I think it needs to be about 570 to all enemies without DOT and a small heal to your friends. The heal can be DOT, but the damage is really not right. We already got the spinysaur to do DOT and it is much better than WoF is already because it attacks, THEN does the DOT for 3 rounds

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
Pouffy on Aug 19, 2017 wrote:
Why would we make a 108 spell as the same damage as the forest lord at level 58? I like the little heal it gives. I hate the damage over time. This is all I am saying, but I think it needs to be about 570 to all enemies without DOT and a small heal to your friends. The heal can be DOT, but the damage is really not right. We already got the spinysaur to do DOT and it is much better than WoF is already because it attacks, THEN does the DOT for 3 rounds
All I did was a simple solution to this issue. As I stated on the other thread, this topic is going in circles now with no new suggestions that could possible viable.

There is a difference between WoF and Spinysaur.

WoF is a DoT to ALL enemies with a HoT to all allies..

As with other spells, when the cast is split between damage and heals, you have to compromise. As has been stated before, you can enchant WoF with either a Damage enhancement OR with a Healing enhancement. Many have stated their main dislike for WoF is the fact is does NOT revive fallen allies.

Spinysaur is a DoT to a SINGLE target. This is one that I DON'T use.

King Artorius for life can take out a boss but the heal (HoT) is only a fraction of that damage. And a single target spell. I use this spell quite often and it is one of my preferred.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
Pouffy on Aug 17, 2017 wrote:
They are nowhere near the same. Storm will always be on top of the pecking order, and Life will always be on bottom. Simple
And, they shouldn't be the same. All you are doing is continuing your argument since your previous thread was locked.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
Pouffy on Aug 19, 2017 wrote:
Why would we make a 108 spell as the same damage as the forest lord at level 58? I like the little heal it gives. I hate the damage over time. This is all I am saying, but I think it needs to be about 570 to all enemies without DOT and a small heal to your friends. The heal can be DOT, but the damage is really not right. We already got the spinysaur to do DOT and it is much better than WoF is already because it attacks, THEN does the DOT for 3 rounds
If you want to talk about spells, then talk about the spells that only use regular pips. If you want to talk about spells that use pips/shadow then only talk about that.

You can't compare apple and oranges. It's just not going to work. You want to discuss WoF, but you are locked in on just one side and are not willing to listen to anyone else. As a matter-of-fact, it's more argumentative than anything else.

Frankly, this thread should be locked, too

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1004
Here's my Feedback. This topic is "Buff Wings of Fate" and why some people feel it's needed for a good reason. I see people talking about what other school AOE spells can do and how life should fight and what spells to use. But not one post really explains WHY Wings of Fate should not be buffed. Saying we don't want all schools to be the same is not a good enough reason to say; "no buff" to this topic. Life wizards will always be a unique school regardless what spells you give them because life can heal in ways others schools can not. That's their uniqueness. Yes life are healers not fighters but they have to survive to while going solo when they chose to. Forest Lord may not be good enough in certain situations when a fast kill is needed leaving you no time to blade up and feint while waiting for 8 pips. Furthermore Wings of Fate is usually useless in a team of wizards who likes using feints in tough battles. Almost every time I want to cast that spell. I hear others say " Don't cast that spell on my feint". If I do, I
l'll cause an upset and I don't need that drama. The point is Wings of Fate can use a little buff and make it a non DOT for the sake of those having a hard time soloing Life at the same time making the spell more useful in a team. Buffing the spell may make it overpowered but so what. Many spells are overpowered. That's just the way is in this game. I don't hear those rejecting their overpowered spells if they have any. Why reject other's as you see fit?. If those say Life wizards have a good enough survival rating, then why are most people turned away from playing that school leaving this game lacking in Life wizards. Where's the balance in that? OK, Rant!

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
Jasmine3429 on Aug 17, 2017 wrote:
Every other argument I have seen on this topic says to Buff wings of fate because everyone else got a solid AOE, I was responding to that.

No where before this have I seen anyone argue the point that dots are just not for the life school!
So what exactly are you against? All you seem to be doing is throwing out random statements without explaining yourself. You mentioned using Humongofrog more than Mystic Colossus—that statement is IRRELEVANT. Your second post on this thread was inaccurate and all over the place. Your fourth and fifth posts were nothing but contradictions.

I wonder: are we even playing the same game? Yes, I can indeed argue that DOTs are not for the Life school. Can you argue that they are? According to the Wizard101 players' guide, "The Fire school trains its student wizards to deal damage over time." That's what makes the Fire school Fire. Give every school the ability to deal DOT, and that's one more thing the schools have in common. You're so concerned about all the schools becoming the same, yet you're completely oblivious to the fact that giving a DOT to all the schools is making them more alike. I've come to the conclusion that you're only looking for an argument and don't care whether WoF stays a DOT or not, because of how flawed your statements are. You have yet to give ONE VALID reason as to why WoF shouldn't be a mass attack. Saying WoF should stay useless because "that's just the way it is" proves how poor your arguments are.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
DragonLady1818 on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
There is a solution to the controversy over WoF.

Make it an AoE without heal back to the Team Bump up the damage by about 100 points or roughly equivalent to FL with 85-90% accuracy.

Life doesn't really need another heal. We have many now and we also have healing pets throughout the whole community.

But all this back and forth comparison from one school to another ISN'T going to accomplish anything.

Many of us have wizards in ALL schools and have set our decks to what works for us in a given situation. We have learned the best way to use those spells to our advantage and no, we don't use every spell we have. We choose specific ones, usually 2 - 4 spells for damage and the rest is BLADES, traps and enhancements along with global and auras.
There really is nothing to argue about. I've noticed players on this topic "charming" other's replies whether they make sense or not.

I've noticed three reasons in particular players have for not wanting to make WoF a mass attack.
1) Taking out the DOT from WoF makes the schools the same
2) WoF is not worthy of a spell. No one is going to use this spell anyway; Life has been doing fine without it.
3) That's just the way it is.

Reason #1 is just silly—so is reason #3. I've already debunked reason #1, and I have yet to receive a valid reason as to why taking the DOT out off WoF makes the schools the same.

Some of you have fallen under the impression that because you do not find WoF useful no one else will. You have forgotten that not everyone plays the way you do. What may seem as useless to some may seem as worthy to others. Taking the DOT out off WoF does more good than harm. In fact it does no harm at all, so there is no reason to oppose removing the DOT and HOT (I have forgotten that WoF's heal is also over time because of how rarely I see it being cast) from WoF.

Addressing reason #2: As a Life wizard, I am expected to keep eveyone alive when playing in group play. This task is easy for me; however, it becomes difficult when I am also the main hitter. Now, I have to alternate between Forest Lord (8 pips) and Rebirth (7 pips) often leaving me pip-exhausted because sometimes Unicorn is not enough. If I hit too much, than I am not healing enough; If I heal too much, I am not hitting enough. Any Life wizard who has come across this problem would agree that it is difficult to be the main hitter and healer. WoF is a good solution to this problem if it weren't for its DOT and HOT. What Patrick Ravenbane stated is also true. WoF is a problematic spell when it's cast in group play because its DOT removes Feints from other players, which results in drama. I've witnessed this.

Its a pity that we have players opposing a potentially useful spell.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
BrynnerOfReign on Aug 19, 2017 wrote:
And, they shouldn't be the same. All you are doing is continuing your argument since your previous thread was locked.
Obviously I am saying what a lot of life wizards have been asking. I get to state my opinions how I want, when I want, wherever I want and there is nothing that is going to change that. You are trying to argue about it because you don't have to deal with it. You get to use your nice aoe spell, and life does not.

No duh I don't want every school to be the same! It's not like I haven'tn heard that a million times!

OH! I guess making a shadow spell "killable" is "Making the schools similar"

Grow some logic, or not comment at all. The thread will be locked when it gets locked. Nothing you can do. Sorry darling

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 19, 2017 wrote:
Here's my Feedback. This topic is "Buff Wings of Fate" and why some people feel it's needed for a good reason. I see people talking about what other school AOE spells can do and how life should fight and what spells to use. But not one post really explains WHY Wings of Fate should not be buffed. Saying we don't want all schools to be the same is not a good enough reason to say; "no buff" to this topic. Life wizards will always be a unique school regardless what spells you give them because life can heal in ways others schools can not. That's their uniqueness. Yes life are healers not fighters but they have to survive to while going solo when they chose to. Forest Lord may not be good enough in certain situations when a fast kill is needed leaving you no time to blade up and feint while waiting for 8 pips. Furthermore Wings of Fate is usually useless in a team of wizards who likes using feints in tough battles. Almost every time I want to cast that spell. I hear others say " Don't cast that spell on my feint". If I do, I
l'll cause an upset and I don't need that drama. The point is Wings of Fate can use a little buff and make it a non DOT for the sake of those having a hard time soloing Life at the same time making the spell more useful in a team. Buffing the spell may make it overpowered but so what. Many spells are overpowered. That's just the way is in this game. I don't hear those rejecting their overpowered spells if they have any. Why reject other's as you see fit?. If those say Life wizards have a good enough survival rating, then why are most people turned away from playing that school leaving this game lacking in Life wizards. Where's the balance in that? OK, Rant!
THANK YOU!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
Angel of Solitude on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
There really is nothing to argue about. I've noticed players on this topic "charming" other's replies whether they make sense or not.

I've noticed three reasons in particular players have for not wanting to make WoF a mass attack.
1) Taking out the DOT from WoF makes the schools the same
2) WoF is not worthy of a spell. No one is going to use this spell anyway; Life has been doing fine without it.
3) That's just the way it is.

Reason #1 is just silly—so is reason #3. I've already debunked reason #1, and I have yet to receive a valid reason as to why taking the DOT out off WoF makes the schools the same.

Some of you have fallen under the impression that because you do not find WoF useful no one else will. You have forgotten that not everyone plays the way you do. What may seem as useless to some may seem as worthy to others. Taking the DOT out off WoF does more good than harm. In fact it does no harm at all, so there is no reason to oppose removing the DOT and HOT (I have forgotten that WoF's heal is also over time because of how rarely I see it being cast) from WoF.

Addressing reason #2: As a Life wizard, I am expected to keep eveyone alive when playing in group play. This task is easy for me; however, it becomes difficult when I am also the main hitter. Now, I have to alternate between Forest Lord (8 pips) and Rebirth (7 pips) often leaving me pip-exhausted because sometimes Unicorn is not enough. If I hit too much, than I am not healing enough; If I heal too much, I am not hitting enough. Any Life wizard who has come across this problem would agree that it is difficult to be the main hitter and healer. WoF is a good solution to this problem if it weren't for its DOT and HOT. What Patrick Ravenbane stated is also true. WoF is a problematic spell when it's cast in group play because its DOT removes Feints from other players, which results in drama. I've witnessed this.

Its a pity that we have players opposing a potentially useful spell.
Yes, I have seen a lot of reasons as well and the number of charms given to any particular post is irrelevant. All that says is that some like what the poster said or they agree with that poster.

1. Why is taking the DoT off WoF silly? Actually it isn't since that seems to be one of the issues a few seem to have with this spell. I only suggested it so that IF KI were to decide to change it, (Not impossible, but not Likely either) they might just go that route with it. Myself, they can leave it just as it is as far as I am concerned (2 LIFE WIZARDS).

2. Those few who have been pushing to get the spell changed are the ones claiming the spell is not worthy or no one will use it anyway. Frankly, both of those little comments are false. The ONLY real issue is the fact that it DOES NOT revive a fallen ally. As for Life doing fine without WoF.. We have done just that.

""Some of you have fallen under the impression that because you do not find WoF useful no one else will.""

Not sure who you are directing this comment to, BUT, no where in any of my posts will you find that I have said the spell is useless. I have never said I won't or don't use it..... What I did say, is if you don't like how a spell works, THEN don't use it. As for using it during Team play, I would not suggest using it during a boss battle with 3 minions unless the boss has already been taken out. Using it in a general MOB battles should not be a problem. As for playing the roll of MAIN healer and MAIN hitter? Not really a good position to play. I always play as main healer but backup hitter with FL in a team.

As for it not being a useful spell? I see only a FEW that see WoF as useless. That doesn't include ALL Life wizards.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
Pouffy on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
Obviously I am saying what a lot of life wizards have been asking. I get to state my opinions how I want, when I want, wherever I want and there is nothing that is going to change that. You are trying to argue about it because you don't have to deal with it. You get to use your nice aoe spell, and life does not.

No duh I don't want every school to be the same! It's not like I haven'tn heard that a million times!

OH! I guess making a shadow spell "killable" is "Making the schools similar"

Grow some logic, or not comment at all. The thread will be locked when it gets locked. Nothing you can do. Sorry darling
I happen to know BrynnerOfReign both in and out of the game. I happen to know she has wizards in all schools across 2 accounts and I happen to know she has a VERY strong Life wizard.

Yes, you get to voice your opinions the same as the rest of us do.

But you are being very argumentative with those of us that don't agree with you.

You say you don't want every school to be the same but continuing to state that WoF needs to be buffed makes it seem like you do want exactly that. WoF is not designed to be a "killable" spell It is designed to work as a DoT/HoT for Life wizards. We already have spells that can do a ONE shot kill.

As for the issue some have stated that it presents a problem with Feint, that is a bogus comment. It does no different than an other DoT when a feint is already in play. But, here is another little tidbit for you. I have PURPOSELY put a Feint in play on a boss even if I am going to use FL where minions are involved. Then hit that boss again with another feint for the final hit.

As has been stated by some of us. We ALL have different play styles.

Maybe, it is time for this topic to be closed. It still isn't going anywhere but in circles.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
Pouffy on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
Obviously I am saying what a lot of life wizards have been asking. I get to state my opinions how I want, when I want, wherever I want and there is nothing that is going to change that. You are trying to argue about it because you don't have to deal with it. You get to use your nice aoe spell, and life does not.

No duh I don't want every school to be the same! It's not like I haven'tn heard that a million times!

OH! I guess making a shadow spell "killable" is "Making the schools similar"

Grow some logic, or not comment at all. The thread will be locked when it gets locked. Nothing you can do. Sorry darling
Honestly, your responses to people are all over the place. Don't assume other people don't know what they are talking about because they do. Just like you have your opinion, they have theirs.

There's really not much of an argument that WoF needs something done. People agree on that. What people don't agree on is the limited knowledge you present about other schools in the game and making a comparison of 'Life against the other schools' mentality. Each school is unique in its own way. It seems to me you have lost that focus when you are arguing with others who respond to this thread.

"You get to use your nice aoe spell, and life does not." This is an example of an assumption and an inaccurate response from you to me. Life, Death, Balance, Ice, Fire, Storm, and Myth, all have AOE spells. It's an undisputed fact.

"You are trying to argue about it because you don't have to deal with it." Are you also assuming that I don't have a Life wizard? Besides that, when did I argue about it in this thread?

"OH! I guess making a shadow spell "killable" is "Making the schools similar" Your response doesn't even make sense.

"Grow some logic, or not comment at all. The thread will be locked when it gets locked. Nothing you can do. Sorry darling." You opened the thread so you need to accept the consequences of your written words. Your tone? Needs some work. There isn't any reason why you should be rude and condescending to me or to others.

Treat others with respect and they will respect you.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
DragonLady1818 on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
Yes, I have seen a lot of reasons as well and the number of charms given to any particular post is irrelevant. All that says is that some like what the poster said or they agree with that poster.

1. Why is taking the DoT off WoF silly? Actually it isn't since that seems to be one of the issues a few seem to have with this spell. I only suggested it so that IF KI were to decide to change it, (Not impossible, but not Likely either) they might just go that route with it. Myself, they can leave it just as it is as far as I am concerned (2 LIFE WIZARDS).

2. Those few who have been pushing to get the spell changed are the ones claiming the spell is not worthy or no one will use it anyway. Frankly, both of those little comments are false. The ONLY real issue is the fact that it DOES NOT revive a fallen ally. As for Life doing fine without WoF.. We have done just that.

""Some of you have fallen under the impression that because you do not find WoF useful no one else will.""

Not sure who you are directing this comment to, BUT, no where in any of my posts will you find that I have said the spell is useless. I have never said I won't or don't use it..... What I did say, is if you don't like how a spell works, THEN don't use it. As for using it during Team play, I would not suggest using it during a boss battle with 3 minions unless the boss has already been taken out. Using it in a general MOB battles should not be a problem. As for playing the roll of MAIN healer and MAIN hitter? Not really a good position to play. I always play as main healer but backup hitter with FL in a team.

As for it not being a useful spell? I see only a FEW that see WoF as useless. That doesn't include ALL Life wizards.
Claiming that taking out the DoT off WoF MAKES THE SCHOOLS THE SAME is silly. NONE one of you has proven how removing the DOT from WoF makes the schools the same, yet some of you seem to agree on that. You in particular.

I have ran out of ways to to state what it is that I am saying, so I'll try once more to to speak my mind the the most simplest of forms: I AM NOT YOU. Those players in this post wishing to make WoF a mass attack are not YOU. Not everything is about YOU; not everyone plays like you. So while you might have been doing fine without—or fine with WoF's DOT—WoF, other's could benefit from a more enhanced version of WoF—both its DOT and HOT being removed. I've noticed a lot of selfishness and inconsideration in your posts. It shocks me you don't see it too

"As for Life doing fine...We have done just that." Who's "we?" You? There are players in this thread who've stated how a mass attack WoF could improve their game play—me in particular. So maybe we all haven't been doing fine.

"Life doesn't really need another heal." The fact that you claim to have TWO Life wizards and chose a school (TWO TIMES) whose main focus is healing gives me headaches. Again, with your inconsideration. YOU don't find another heal useful therefore no else should. I've stated how WoF could serve useful to me and other Life wizard who've, yes, been forced to be both the MAIN hitter and MAIN healer. Obviously it's not a good position to be in.

Not a single one of you has given a valid reason as to why WoF shouldn't be a mass attack. All of your arguments appear to be how YOU have been doing fine without an enhanced version of WoF, and how other's poor experiences with WoF are wrong.

As for it being a useful spell? I see only a FEW...

According to whom? There are far more players who dislike WoF DOT and not all of them are Life wizards. These players can be found outside and inside the message boards.

This post has simply gotten way too long again.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
DragonLady1818 on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
Yes, I have seen a lot of reasons as well and the number of charms given to any particular post is irrelevant. All that says is that some like what the poster said or they agree with that poster.

1. Why is taking the DoT off WoF silly? Actually it isn't since that seems to be one of the issues a few seem to have with this spell. I only suggested it so that IF KI were to decide to change it, (Not impossible, but not Likely either) they might just go that route with it. Myself, they can leave it just as it is as far as I am concerned (2 LIFE WIZARDS).

2. Those few who have been pushing to get the spell changed are the ones claiming the spell is not worthy or no one will use it anyway. Frankly, both of those little comments are false. The ONLY real issue is the fact that it DOES NOT revive a fallen ally. As for Life doing fine without WoF.. We have done just that.

""Some of you have fallen under the impression that because you do not find WoF useful no one else will.""

Not sure who you are directing this comment to, BUT, no where in any of my posts will you find that I have said the spell is useless. I have never said I won't or don't use it..... What I did say, is if you don't like how a spell works, THEN don't use it. As for using it during Team play, I would not suggest using it during a boss battle with 3 minions unless the boss has already been taken out. Using it in a general MOB battles should not be a problem. As for playing the roll of MAIN healer and MAIN hitter? Not really a good position to play. I always play as main healer but backup hitter with FL in a team.

As for it not being a useful spell? I see only a FEW that see WoF as useless. That doesn't include ALL Life wizards.
I am simply too exhausted to continue with this thread. I've wasted my time and energy arguing and proving how your opinions are not facts. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread, that you also took part off, gets locked as well. I have to mention again, however—for not doing so is beneath me—, that not a single one of you who opposes WoF from potentially becoming a mass attack has given ONE valid and reasonable reason as to why WoF shouldn't be a mass attack. All I hear is "I've been doing fine; therefore, 'tis not needed." I've explained how E=mc^2, yet all I hear are flawed claims as to why it isn't.

We are arguing over a child's game. Has anyone stopped to think about that? Perhaps it is time to move on. I for one no longer wish to waste time on such childish things.

Administrator
Just stepping in here for a quick time-out on this thread.

As a reminder please be careful of following our Code of Conduct: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/codeOfConduct/game

In particular these guidelines:

  • derogatory statements towards KingsIsle, our partners or other players
  • name-calling and other general rude behavior

Debate is fine, but remember to keep it civil.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1004
Dworgyn on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
Just stepping in here for a quick time-out on this thread.

As a reminder please be careful of following our Code of Conduct: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/codeOfConduct/game

In particular these guidelines:

  • derogatory statements towards KingsIsle, our partners or other players
  • name-calling and other general rude behavior

Debate is fine, but remember to keep it civil.
Thank you Dworgyn!

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
985
Angel of Solitude on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
There really is nothing to argue about. I've noticed players on this topic "charming" other's replies whether they make sense or not.

I've noticed three reasons in particular players have for not wanting to make WoF a mass attack.
1) Taking out the DOT from WoF makes the schools the same
2) WoF is not worthy of a spell. No one is going to use this spell anyway; Life has been doing fine without it.
3) That's just the way it is.

Reason #1 is just silly—so is reason #3. I've already debunked reason #1, and I have yet to receive a valid reason as to why taking the DOT out off WoF makes the schools the same.

Some of you have fallen under the impression that because you do not find WoF useful no one else will. You have forgotten that not everyone plays the way you do. What may seem as useless to some may seem as worthy to others. Taking the DOT out off WoF does more good than harm. In fact it does no harm at all, so there is no reason to oppose removing the DOT and HOT (I have forgotten that WoF's heal is also over time because of how rarely I see it being cast) from WoF.

Addressing reason #2: As a Life wizard, I am expected to keep eveyone alive when playing in group play. This task is easy for me; however, it becomes difficult when I am also the main hitter. Now, I have to alternate between Forest Lord (8 pips) and Rebirth (7 pips) often leaving me pip-exhausted because sometimes Unicorn is not enough. If I hit too much, than I am not healing enough; If I heal too much, I am not hitting enough. Any Life wizard who has come across this problem would agree that it is difficult to be the main hitter and healer. WoF is a good solution to this problem if it weren't for its DOT and HOT. What Patrick Ravenbane stated is also true. WoF is a problematic spell when it's cast in group play because its DOT removes Feints from other players, which results in drama. I've witnessed this.

Its a pity that we have players opposing a potentially useful spell.
That more than anything is why I'd like to see a combined spell that offers a little more oomph.

Being the Healer AND Main hitter does leave a wizard pip exhausted. Being only Level 73, I have yet to see what WoF does when bladed, trapped, feinted, (ie properly prepped) It sounds like the base damage is right Forest Lord. So, I'll reserve judgement.

That said, I still find it rather Ironic that a Life Wizard (when soloing) needs to spend 13 pips for a decent AoE attack then a heal as opposed to a Death Wizard getting an AoE AND a heal for 8.

Just my two crowns
Steven Ghoststalker
73

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
Area51Alien on Aug 23, 2017 wrote:
That more than anything is why I'd like to see a combined spell that offers a little more oomph.

Being the Healer AND Main hitter does leave a wizard pip exhausted. Being only Level 73, I have yet to see what WoF does when bladed, trapped, feinted, (ie properly prepped) It sounds like the base damage is right Forest Lord. So, I'll reserve judgement.

That said, I still find it rather Ironic that a Life Wizard (when soloing) needs to spend 13 pips for a decent AoE attack then a heal as opposed to a Death Wizard getting an AoE AND a heal for 8.

Just my two crowns
Steven Ghoststalker
73
Yes I like the idea of WoF, but the DOT is absurd. I think death gets better treatment on how they handle things because with just a couple power pips, they can attack all and get back to full health while we have to focus on attacking and healing all at once.

Just imagine this:

Your forest lord does about 500 DOT to all enemies (Which means the 500 is divided by 3)So about 166 damage every round to that enemy.... Wow.. Great right? Good shadow spell *Sarcasm*. You also get a little upgrade to the heal and you geta sprite to all of your friends. That heal does barely much unless you have sanctuary or you enchanted your spell. See? I don't find it useful at an exalted stage.

Now I know that I didn't count enchants, blades, or any of that, but it is still absurd.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
134
Are you guys aware that if the situation was reversed and WoF started off as an instant AOE spell, and we were asking for it to chaange to DoT spell, then everyone commenting going against us, will be like "I like WoF the way it is now! DoT doesn't make sense to put it on an AoE for a life spell"

Don't say you wouldn't. If WoF started off as an AOE and Heal all, and we asked to change it to DOT, then the same argument would be happening. People just look for an argument.

I will say it once more. If te situation was reversed, and we were asking to change WoF to a damage over time, then these same people would have a different story to tell :)

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
71
Please Buff Wings of Fate! The spell is terrible! It needs to do more damage!