Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best answer to low levels porting!

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 28, 2009
I see many people hates when low level wizards port to them and then not help at all. I think there's the answer to that:

A Teleportation Block on the character page!

This is a button that appears on a wizard's friend page. By clicking on it, that friend won't have access to your location by porting. So this can prevent low levels that you do not want to port to you while you can still allow the low levels that you do want to adventure with you to port without any problems!

I really do think this can help many people. This idea shouldn't make any problems since people who do want to come can and people you don't want to come won't.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Already is one . Im just confused why more dont use it lol.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
fireproof1111 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
well they dont use it because it also prevents high lvls i say they should make one like: dont allow anyone onder lvl blank port and also dont let blank port but do let blank port. that would work

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Um, this control is already offered. You can either say "NO" to friend's teleporting or be hidden from friends while playing. Either works. There's no need for anything new; just use the tools we already have.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
fireproof1111 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
I believe the original poster is suggesting a button for each friend, so you select which friends can port. Not just a global OFF button.

Regarding your Confusion:
It doesn't make much sense to turn off the port option if you are playing with friends. Some friends login at different times, its nice to let them port. On quests we port back and forth and all over between team mates. It makes sense when replenishing health, mana, jumping around enemy in tight quarters, taking care of multiple dungeon tasks simultaneuously etc. Sometimes during quests players need to afk or logoff for a short period then return. Porting is the only way to regroup. Its also a very useful tool when playing with friends.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
well you could just not accept low levels from lvl 1-20 and lvl up from that can at least use their lvl 22 and 28 spells like tempest thats what i do.
accept from when your up in the lvl 60 an above only accept lvl 40-90

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
If i have a friend on my list 10 levels below me they get deleted. They know where im at when they level up to get another invite so that solves this for me. And of course the fact that i dont allow just anyone on my friend list and that is the biggest problem here. If you allow someone on your friend list that ports all the time without asking then why are they on your friends list. you guys just need to stop letting joe shmo on your list.

There isnt a problem here that the individual cannot adjust to deal with it.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Blaze Dragoneyes on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
well you could just not accept low levels from lvl 1-20 and lvl up from that can at least use their lvl 22 and 28 spells like tempest thats what i do.
accept from when your up in the lvl 60 an above only accept lvl 40-90
Very true.

Survivor
May 14, 2010
Put a World Level Minimum for teleporters!! I recommend 10 levels lower than the level to enter the world.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
bloody618 on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
Put a World Level Minimum for teleporters!! I recommend 10 levels lower than the level to enter the world.
I don't think that would be fair. If you want to work with your friend who's on the same stage as you but a different level, they can't really help you and may not even be allowed in that realm anymore. But I see where you're going. Maybe instead, they can't teleport to a realm they aren't on yet.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
bloody618 on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
I completely agree with this idea.

Very simple. Reasonable.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
I completely agree with this idea.

Very simple. Reasonable.
I dont think its very reasonable if i want my friends or familys help and they would be 25 levels under me.
Not many people realize that others playing this game have friends and family that arent the same level.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
RottenHeart on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
I believe the original poster is suggesting a button for each friend, so you select which friends can port. Not just a global OFF button.

Regarding your Confusion:
It doesn't make much sense to turn off the port option if you are playing with friends. Some friends login at different times, its nice to let them port. On quests we port back and forth and all over between team mates. It makes sense when replenishing health, mana, jumping around enemy in tight quarters, taking care of multiple dungeon tasks simultaneuously etc. Sometimes during quests players need to afk or logoff for a short period then return. Porting is the only way to regroup. Its also a very useful tool when playing with friends.
Agreed, perhaps there can be a level limit for allowing to port in the options menu (you can set it yourself), or you can go under that friend's name and turn off being allowed to port (possible new idea).

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
I dont think its very reasonable if i want my friends or familys help and they would be 25 levels under me.
Not many people realize that others playing this game have friends and family that arent the same level.
I here you and fully understand. I should have explained why I think its reasonable.

1. Most games (in general) low levels can't just jump into a higher lever. Silly examples being Pac-Man and Street Fighter. It does not matter how good you are or how often you have played, you start the game with a character at the beginning and work your way through. Call me old school.

2. For new players: following a normal progression through the game is... normal. Curiousity is natural, but there is no reason why it shouldn't be restricted. Following the storry lines through the intended progression is... well... whats intended. It improves the game too, if the yearning to know what the next world is like. It adds to the drive to play the game... its the carrot for battling the same mobs over and over and over...

3. For Players with existing wizards: Its so easy to burn through levels and words anyway. Once the learning curve from your first wizard is over, and you can shared bank unlimited wealth & equipment... well really, its not that tough the 2nd or 3rd time around.

4. Helping other wizards: If you want to play with lower leveled friends, go ahead! Instead of pulling them into advanced worlds, why not help them advance through their quests? Find a common level and play together. The suggested 10 level restriction is quite generous for this. (I created a new special purpose wizard for playing with my 6yo daughter. I keep its level appropriate for questing WC and Krokotopia with her.) Question: is it much fun for a vastly underleved, wizard to cruze around in the shadow of an archmage??? Perhaps for some.

5. The benifits outweigh the cost. I think its terrible that i must delete all lower level wizards from my friends list, turn off porting, etc. These are antisocial activities in a game that should be promoting friends helping each other. I rather level restrictions.

6. If the Restriction Always Existed: from when Wizard101 launched, nobody would ever think the restriction was unreasonable. It would be a normal aspect of the game.

My #6 reason is likely the strongest.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Gunslinger, I greatly respect your opinion, and I read your other posts regarding the topic too.

Another, improved solution to low levels porting: a flat min level requirement of 20 to be able to port into any world Celestia and beyond.

Even simpler, and likely resolve +95% of all the issues.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
This is very true. People like to have the option of porting in helpers that just might be low level.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Gunslinger, I greatly respect your opinion, and I read your other posts regarding the topic too.

Another, improved solution to low levels porting: a flat min level requirement of 20 to be able to port into any world Celestia and beyond.

Even simpler, and likely resolve +95% of all the issues.
This makes sense. And i would agree with this.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
agreed. people can be annoying and you don't want them to port, but you're their friend so you wouldn't delete them

Historian
May 28, 2009
New idea:

If a person that wants to port to you that you've blocked the port, he might be keep asking why you don't let him port. Here's some answers to this problem:

1. Secret message. When the person tries to port, it says: This player is busy right now. This way, it will make them think you are in a gauntlet.

2. chat block: another button to stop that person from sending messages to you. When he send a message, it just doesn't appear, so the other person won't think bad about you!

So if this feature is used, these are possible answers to friends that keep begging you to open port!