Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral Magic

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
50
I think that Astral spells should use old types of damage in new ways for a new school (kind of like Balance).
Also, some spells for the moon basted tier should be:

-Tidal Surge

-Werewolf

and
-Moonbeam

For the Sun:

- Solar Flare

-Blinding Ray

and a DOT spell called Sunburn

I have no ideas for Star-based spells.

I also think that one of the tiers of Astral magic should be called Alchemy.

Please post your thoughts.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
70
A school is not only for the purpose of appearance, but also to offer its own style of combat and specific strategy. Suggesting what the school is about on top of what it looks like would be most helpful (e.g., the ice school is about defensive techniques to block attacks while, in the meantime, attacks are cast, or the death school is about dealing immense damage by using charms and wards and healing back all your health).

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
30
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
36
Monsterax wrote:
I think that Astral spells should use old types of damage in new ways for a new school (kind of like Balance).
Also, some spells for the moon basted tier should be:

-Tidal Surge

-Werewolf

and
-Moonbeam

For the Sun:

- Solar Flare

-Blinding Ray

and a DOT spell called Sunburn

I have no ideas for Star-based spells.

I also think that one of the tiers of Astral magic should be called Alchemy.

Please post your thoughts.
You also have to remember that if you look at the magical triangle that everything is kept in check like how storm fire and ice created the schools of death life and myth while balance is in the middle so to keep things in balance you could divide it like into solar and lunar.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
26
another idea for the star spells could be-

Lunar rainbow???
it could send a blast of a rainbow at the opponent with a picture of a full moon in the background, it would kind of look like the auora borialis, or commonly known as the auora lights. (the lights you see way up north).

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
12
Ok, Ideas for the star school:

level 1: Star shard - 100-150 star damage
level 5: Alien - 260-310 star damage
level 8: Supernova: 430 - 500 star damage ( 50% stun )
level 10: Comet Strike - 700 - 790 star damage all opponents ( 50% stun - 500 star damage over 5 rounds )
Level 16: Black Hole ( Mutation of Power nova ) - 700 star damage to all opponents, convert half to health ( 100% stun )
level 22 - Galactic Blast ( mutation of Spectral blast ) - 500 LIFE damage,
700 myth damage, 1000 death damage ( randomly chosen )
level 26: Time Dragon ( mutation of Fire Dragon ) - 1000 - 1130 star damage all opponents
level 33 - Aurora Borialis - 40% star, moon, sun damage - all battlefield spell
Level 38 - Spaceblade - 30% next star attack
Level 42 - Hades - 3000 star damage ( stun, 5000 star damage over 5 rounds )
Level 48 - Medusa - 10,000 star damage, ( 100% stun ) all opponents

How you like it? some need a little less power, so you can fix that. Just leave a comment asking what you think about it! Richard Shadowstaff grandmaster necromancer

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
50
darkblaze83 wrote:
Monsterax wrote:
I think that Astral spells should use old types of damage in new ways for a new school (kind of like Balance).
Also, some spells for the moon basted tier should be:

-Tidal Surge

-Werewolf

and
-Moonbeam

For the Sun:

- Solar Flare

-Blinding Ray

and a DOT spell called Sunburn

I have no ideas for Star-based spells.

I also think that one of the tiers of Astral magic should be called Alchemy.

Please post your thoughts.
You also have to remember that if you look at the magical triangle that everything is kept in check like how storm fire and ice created the schools of death life and myth while balance is in the middle so to keep things in balance you could divide it like into solar and lunar.

But you still need star magic because thats what proffesor Ambrose said

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
234
Deathfire1011 wrote:
Ok, Ideas for the star school:

level 1: Star shard - 100-150 star damage
level 5: Alien - 260-310 star damage
level 8: Supernova: 430 - 500 star damage ( 50% stun )
level 10: Comet Strike - 700 - 790 star damage all opponents ( 50% stun - 500 star damage over 5 rounds )
Level 16: Black Hole ( Mutation of Power nova ) - 700 star damage to all opponents, convert half to health ( 100% stun )
level 22 - Galactic Blast ( mutation of Spectral blast ) - 500 LIFE damage,
700 myth damage, 1000 death damage ( randomly chosen )
level 26: Time Dragon ( mutation of Fire Dragon ) - 1000 - 1130 star damage all opponents
level 33 - Aurora Borialis - 40% star, moon, sun damage - all battlefield spell
Level 38 - Spaceblade - 30% next star attack
Level 42 - Hades - 3000 star damage ( stun, 5000 star damage over 5 rounds )
Level 48 - Medusa - 10,000 star damage, ( 100% stun ) all opponents

How you like it? some need a little less power, so you can fix that. Just leave a comment asking what you think about it! Richard Shadowstaff grandmaster necromancer
too strong

Defender
May 25, 2009
121
Deathfire1011 wrote:
Ok, Ideas for the star school:

level 1: Star shard - 100-150 star damage
level 5: Alien - 260-310 star damage
level 8: Supernova: 430 - 500 star damage ( 50% stun )
level 10: Comet Strike - 700 - 790 star damage all opponents ( 50% stun - 500 star damage over 5 rounds )
Level 16: Black Hole ( Mutation of Power nova ) - 700 star damage to all opponents, convert half to health ( 100% stun )
level 22 - Galactic Blast ( mutation of Spectral blast ) - 500 LIFE damage,
700 myth damage, 1000 death damage ( randomly chosen )
level 26: Time Dragon ( mutation of Fire Dragon ) - 1000 - 1130 star damage all opponents
level 33 - Aurora Borialis - 40% star, moon, sun damage - all battlefield spell
Level 38 - Spaceblade - 30% next star attack
Level 42 - Hades - 3000 star damage ( stun, 5000 star damage over 5 rounds )
Level 48 - Medusa - 10,000 star damage, ( 100% stun ) all opponents

How you like it? some need a little less power, so you can fix that. Just leave a comment asking what you think about it! Richard Shadowstaff grandmaster necromancer


Woah, fist of all, WAY TOO MUCH DAMAGE ! Second of all, the Astral Magics were meant to be a secondary school, not a primary one. The attack should be like 80-135 for level one.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
3
well, these are to powerful, though, they're good ideas. like madusa (if thats how its spelled) could do 900 damage and stun like how madusa turns people to stone. i think you have great ideas, though ease back on the power there . other wizards would get frustated when you use that much damage.

matthew fireheart lvl 50 pyromancer

Explorer
May 09, 2009
82
what about for star school:

gamma ray
7 pips
? damage and the enemy can only use up to four pip spells the next turn.
?% accuracy
description: a gamma ray blasts from space very fast and turns the screen completely white when it hits.


Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
saphirathedragon wrote:
Deathfire1011 wrote:
Ok, Ideas for the star school:

level 1: Star shard - 100-150 star damage
level 5: Alien - 260-310 star damage
level 8: Supernova: 430 - 500 star damage ( 50% stun )
level 10: Comet Strike - 700 - 790 star damage all opponents ( 50% stun - 500 star damage over 5 rounds )
Level 16: Black Hole ( Mutation of Power nova ) - 700 star damage to all opponents, convert half to health ( 100% stun )
level 22 - Galactic Blast ( mutation of Spectral blast ) - 500 LIFE damage,
700 myth damage, 1000 death damage ( randomly chosen )
level 26: Time Dragon ( mutation of Fire Dragon ) - 1000 - 1130 star damage all opponents
level 33 - Aurora Borialis - 40% star, moon, sun damage - all battlefield spell
Level 38 - Spaceblade - 30% next star attack
Level 42 - Hades - 3000 star damage ( stun, 5000 star damage over 5 rounds )
Level 48 - Medusa - 10,000 star damage, ( 100% stun ) all opponents

How you like it? some need a little less power, so you can fix that. Just leave a comment asking what you think about it! Richard Shadowstaff grandmaster necromancer


Woah, fist of all, WAY TOO MUCH DAMAGE ! Second of all, the Astral Magics were meant to be a secondary school, not a primary one. The attack should be like 80-135 for level one.


WAY,WAY TOO MUCH DAMAGE ON EVERYTHING. The three Schools are just gonna be secondary class not a main School in Celestia. Your level 10 spell is ridiculous damage for a level 10. After that the damage is just insane, no offence. But there are some good ideas their.

I even think 80-135 is kinda high. Maybe 78-108 for a level one if it was a Primary School. Celestia is probly gonna be 50+. So there will be no reason for the spells from 1 to 48 like they are now, We will probly be able to only pick, one or two, maybe three more spells, up in Celestia, from the secondary schools.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
68
Let me try my idea's

Lunar Magic is an Art practiced by Anyone who thinks they can handle it,While it sits in the middle of Death and Storm It Will Take from its self to Create More Damage,The Proffeser of the School of Moon is ______,The School Stone _________

All spells 80%

Lv.1 Lunar Love-Do 30 Damage to Self and 90-135 to the opponent
a couple Holding Hands Under the Moon Start Screaming a the Opponent
1 pip

Lv.5 Bearable Howling-Do 50 Damage to self and 225-265 to opponent
A wolf Howls lightly
2 pip

Lv.8 Shield of the Heaven's Block Solar and Star Magic by 70%
0 pip

Lv.10 WereWolf-Do 75 Damage to self and 355-405
A Man Goes from a Man to a Werewolf and attacks opponent
3 pips

Lv.16 Tidal Withdrawl-Next Two Attacks Do nothing to You and friends
A Giant Tempest is coming towards you and then Shrinks down and goes down to your feet
2 pips

Lv.22 Fate of the Moon-Do 200 to Self and 355-405 to all opponents
A Moon goes on the playing field one Comet heads toward you and all the other comets go towards the opponents
4 pip

Lv.26 Lunar Eclipse-Do 165 to Self and 405-565 to opponent
The Moon Becomes Orange all of a sudden and Then Shines opon the enemy
5 pips

Lv.33 Festival of The Moon-All Moon Spells Plus 25%
Tons of Moon ornaments fall out of the sky
2 pips

Level-42 Self Destruction Do 265 to all friends and yourself and do 585-700 to All opponents
The Moon is Hit by a GIANT Meteor[Triple the Size of a Power Nova] and Goes into little Pieces hitting every one
6 pips


This is All I got I got no Ideas for Solar and Star Hope its not over powered!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
12
all I got is for Star:
level 1: Clouded Shard ( 90-130 damage )
( enrollment spell ) Galactic Blade ( +40% star damage )
level 5: Nova Blast ( 200-230 damage )
level 7 ( quest ): Constelation Shield ( -80% star, moon, sun damage )
level 10: Nova Wave ( 300 star damage convert half into health )
level 12: Galaxy Trap (+35% star damage )
level 16: Powernova ( 400-420 star damage )
level 22: Planet Run ( 500-510 star damage )
level 26: Jupiter Hurricane ( 500 star damage +350 over 3 rounds )
level 28 ( quest ): Comet Strike ( 500 - 550 star damage all enemies )
level 33: Nova ( +55% star damage everyone on field )
level 38 ( quest ): Lunar Blast ( 500 moon, 750 sun, 600 star randomly chose )
level 42: Solar Eclipse ( 800-860 star damage )
level 48 ( quest ): Black Hole ( 990-1000 star damage to all enemies )

and because of the new level cap comin', here is some ideas if there gonna be new spells at higher levels:

level 52: Solar System Shot ( 900-1010 damage all enemies )
level 55 ( quest ): Venus Gas ( 700 star damage +500 overtime damage )
level 58: Universal Explosion ( Rids all enemies off field, doing 1000 damage to self )

hope you liked it KI! 8) Stay cool: Richard Shadowstaff, Grandmaster Necromancer

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
REMEMBER! these are SECONDARY SCHOOLS meaning we can't use power pips for them. After knowing that i doubt there will be ANY attack spells in these schools because it would take forever for us to use them.