Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Opposite to Balance?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 06, 2009
232
mman17 wrote:
People, think about it!!! Balance OPPOSES life death and myth!!!


No, Balance does not oppose Life, Death, and Myth. Balance was created from the combining of all Six Schools of Magic. Once formed together, a new magic was created, one that was meant to restore Balance between The Spiritual Schools and the Elemental Schools

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
icewing43 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
People, think about it!!! Balance OPPOSES life death and myth!!!


No, Balance does not oppose Life, Death, and Myth. Balance was created from the combining of all Six Schools of Magic. Once formed together, a new magic was created, one that was meant to restore Balance between The Spiritual Schools and the Elemental Schools

INCORRECT:

Life, Myth, and Death boost on balance.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
342
mman17 wrote:
icewing43 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
People, think about it!!! Balance OPPOSES life death and myth!!!


No, Balance does not oppose Life, Death, and Myth. Balance was created from the combining of all Six Schools of Magic. Once formed together, a new magic was created, one that was meant to restore Balance between The Spiritual Schools and the Elemental Schools

INCORRECT:

Life, Myth, and Death boost on balance.


No they don't. On some of the Balance enemies, maybe. But no, they don't. I would know this by now. I use life attacks for any balance enemy. Only every seen one that it's boosted on.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
An opposite to Balance would be Chaos and be made up of the Spirit Schools (Life, Death, and Myth).

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
17
stanklepoot wrote:
I'm sorry, but I just don't see how you could create an opposite school for balance and still stay within the magical structure created by KI. You have the three elemental schools, the three spirit schools, and then balance which borrows from each to generate something unique. How would you counter that? You can call the school chaos or disorder so that the name would be opposite, but to have a school that is opposite of a school that takes from each of the other schools of magic, you'd have to create a school that doesn't have any real base of its own but that doesn't draw from the core schools of magic either. I get that many would like to see a counter school for balance, but I just don't see how it would work given the way the other schools are set up.
But everything has to have an unbalanced way,have you ever gotten something you really wanted :D then had a stream of getting everything?NO!! Something bad has to happen to make it equal. However, if it does happen, then something bad has to happen. So I think its a AWESOME idea. because I never really liked balance, but UN-balance, OH HO HO! awesome. Thanks for putting this idea in my head mman17!

Cody LegendBlade:Master Thaumaturge lvl 48

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
342
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
sunsword44 wrote:
*bangs head on wall*
Balance. Is. It's. Own. Opposite.
Grr.


I know right? LOL. They might not get it, but I do and I'm sure KI does as well. Hang in there.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
sunsword44 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
icewing43 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
People, think about it!!! Balance OPPOSES life death and myth!!!


No, Balance does not oppose Life, Death, and Myth. Balance was created from the combining of all Six Schools of Magic. Once formed together, a new magic was created, one that was meant to restore Balance between The Spiritual Schools and the Elemental Schools

INCORRECT:

Life, Myth, and Death boost on balance.


No they don't. On some of the Balance enemies, maybe. But no, they don't. I would know this by now. I use life attacks for any balance enemy. Only every seen one that it's boosted on.


Then you haven't been places on Wizard101 with Spirit schools XD. Look, if you check, every balance enemy in the game except for the newbie ones, will boost spirit schools.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
342
gtarhannon wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:
*bangs head on wall*
Balance. Is. It's. Own. Opposite.
Grr.


I know right? LOL. They might not get it, but I do and I'm sure KI does as well. Hang in there.


Lol I bet but I'm still ready to bang my head on something

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
sunsword44 wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:
*bangs head on wall*
Balance. Is. It's. Own. Opposite.
Grr.


I know right? LOL. They might not get it, but I do and I'm sure KI does as well. Hang in there.


Lol I bet but I'm still ready to bang my head on something


Uhmmm, Balance isn't its own opposite.

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
110
wait wait wait back up
unbalance i could be wrong but would that not be chaos?
Chaos? are we not trying to put order to the spirl?
Is that not what Malistare the Coven Morgona are trying to do? create Chaos?
I could be wrong and not have your meaning at all because what your saying
Though if Chaos is what you ment well Carter and Sadie would not very happy
Keep Posting!

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
77
1:Well from some of the posts i have looked at a few on each page i saw a person says opposite of Balance is Chaos and that would be right.

2: I do not c where players get all their info.....Balance does have all schools in general....though Myth isnt as apparent. But if you were only meaning from a perspective primarily on Attacks.....hmm guess so...but i generally use my balance attacks over the element ones....and to clarify what i mean by balance attacks...i dont include judgement as a balance attack myself....its more of a unbalance attack....kills pips. so no...it is not judgement i mean at all....there are others.

3. I think your actually suggesting the Design of a Super Hellmonger. I wouldnt want to go up vs a Chaos on any wizard.....way too powerful drains...bet goes thru absorbs and shields like balances right? lol....na i dont think i would want to be near such a character. If you want to go up vs such a char....fine by me....but plz let it be in your own game. Players would probably all go Chaos too XD.....its bad enough everyone wants to be Storm or fire, add chaos subtract the others....yeah....

Till the game gets stabized I really dont think they will be thinking about another Wizard Type but hey.....Good luck on that one.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
21
I think this is a GREAT idea :D. I'm a balance and think it would be great for a boost to balance. Though you do reliaze that we have traits like all the schools.For example myth has 3 mioins while balance 2 and all the others have 1 so we are like myth.We heal like life. and we have good traps like death.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
I'm tired of saying this, but I must say it.

You are all annoying, who say Balance opposes itself and all that additional trash. You are the ones who do not get it. Ridiculous, I believe, and you indeed need to get your facts straight. BALANCE. DOES NOT. OPPOSE. ITSELF.

I'm getting tired of hollering the same words at the naysayer. It's just so tiring that constantly, you people feed on getting me wrong. I can quit the boards, if I was stupid. I am asking you all to please stop saying the same things, or actually say something that's true.

I just don't get it why some of you have to be so persistent.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
FoxFyr wrote:
mman17 wrote:

A lot of you out there don't agree, but this is just being fair to the Spirit schools! Elemental schools get all the glory with Balance.



Um, dude? Just suggest Spirit-based Balance Spells, if that's the point.

The antithesis of Balance is something that isn't itself, but doesn't draw on anything. It literally cannot exist.


Is this game literal? Think about that, then see if your post makes sense with this game.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
crystalfiod2 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
crystalfiod2 wrote:
mman are you Balance? Because now I understand why some people are agreeing,THEY ARENT BALANCE WIZARDS,you see if disorder or chaos or whatever you redicules idea was,was created it wouldnt draw from any other school because Balance takes from all the schools how do you think judgment looks like an angel from that life angel.So if to even try to improve your bad idea I would suggest adding more spirit looking Balance spells for the worlds to come,Or even in the new world have unbalance as a forgotten school or something

HEY! I am a balance wizard, for your information. I just want the schools to be FAIR for ONCE. Balance wizards get it good. And, WHO CARES about the Judgement looking like seraph? xD! Seriously dude!?

Matthew Spritefriend, Lengendary Theurgist

Matthew Drake, level 43 SORCERER
Dude Balance is fair they all are do you know of a Balance convert hmmmmm?do you know of a +30 for balance that we dont need a pet or amulet to use????Plus look at you spell ideas for just one minute then would the schools be fair because the card damage is way too much.All the schools are equal and KI put only these schools for a reason.

Quinn Mistwhisper lvl 60 Legendary Balance wizard


You just don't see the point one bit. Probably because you've devoted your character to Balance, which I agree is a good school, but gets annoying in PvP at times, or somewhere else.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
FireDea520 wrote:
wait wait wait back up
unbalance i could be wrong but would that not be chaos?
Chaos? are we not trying to put order to the spirl?
Is that not what Malistare the Coven Morgona are trying to do? create Chaos?
I could be wrong and not have your meaning at all because what your saying
Though if Chaos is what you ment well Carter and Sadie would not very happy
Keep Posting!


You read too much Rick Riordan, I see...

This is not a Rick Riordan fantasy. What about Death, then?

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
77
mman17 wrote:
crystalfiod2 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
crystalfiod2 wrote:
mman are you Balance? Because now I understand why some people are agreeing,THEY ARENT BALANCE WIZARDS,you see if disorder or chaos or whatever you redicules idea was,was created it wouldnt draw from any other school because Balance takes from all the schools how do you think judgment looks like an angel from that life angel.So if to even try to improve your bad idea I would suggest adding more spirit looking Balance spells for the worlds to come,Or even in the new world have unbalance as a forgotten school or something

HEY! I am a balance wizard, for your information. I just want the schools to be FAIR for ONCE. Balance wizards get it good. And, WHO CARES about the Judgement looking like seraph? xD! Seriously dude!?

Matthew Spritefriend, Lengendary Theurgist

Matthew Drake, level 43 SORCERER
Dude Balance is fair they all are do you know of a Balance convert hmmmmm?do you know of a +30 for balance that we dont need a pet or amulet to use????Plus look at you spell ideas for just one minute then would the schools be fair because the card damage is way too much.All the schools are equal and KI put only these schools for a reason.

Quinn Mistwhisper lvl 60 Legendary Balance wizard


You just don't see the point one bit. Probably because you've devoted your character to Balance, which I agree is a good school, but gets annoying in PvP at times, or somewhere else.

you know i enjoy reading your notes since most places i c them i c either horribly replies or not fully thought out posts of ideas you have. You should talk a bit nicer to players since like always so far most of the posts are right...if your going to make a class of wizard that is called unbalance or chaos or disorder or pineapple upsidedown cake....you need something that it draws power from. Like a Tier of Wizards i will soon place in Message Boards called the 'The Unbalanced Tier of Wizards' just have to work out spells. Balances actually do Oppose theirselves since they cant convert their spells to another school.

Fire Ice Storm Life Death Myth is all a Tier your talking about not 2.. They also oppose each other which is where balances come in as both Opposers and Allies of all schools.

Their are Triads which is Element vs Spirit. Balance is both at same time

A new Tier.....can be a Triad or double Triad. a Tier could be 2 Wizard types or more....those Wizard Types is what Chaos is suppose to be. You should make those first then make Choas out of them. Otherwise nothing makes sense.(super huge Period)

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
BLSKis1 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
crystalfiod2 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
crystalfiod2 wrote:
mman are you Balance? Because now I understand why some people are agreeing,THEY ARENT BALANCE WIZARDS,you see if disorder or chaos or whatever you redicules idea was,was created it wouldnt draw from any other school because Balance takes from all the schools how do you think judgment looks like an angel from that life angel.So if to even try to improve your bad idea I would suggest adding more spirit looking Balance spells for the worlds to come,Or even in the new world have unbalance as a forgotten school or something

HEY! I am a balance wizard, for your information. I just want the schools to be FAIR for ONCE. Balance wizards get it good. And, WHO CARES about the Judgement looking like seraph? xD! Seriously dude!?

Matthew Spritefriend, Lengendary Theurgist

Matthew Drake, level 43 SORCERER
Dude Balance is fair they all are do you know of a Balance convert hmmmmm?do you know of a +30 for balance that we dont need a pet or amulet to use????Plus look at you spell ideas for just one minute then would the schools be fair because the card damage is way too much.All the schools are equal and KI put only these schools for a reason.

Quinn Mistwhisper lvl 60 Legendary Balance wizard


You just don't see the point one bit. Probably because you've devoted your character to Balance, which I agree is a good school, but gets annoying in PvP at times, or somewhere else.

you know i enjoy reading your notes since most places i c them i c either horribly replies or not fully thought out posts of ideas you have. You should talk a bit nicer to players since like always so far most of the posts are right...if your going to make a class of wizard that is called unbalance or chaos or disorder or pineapple upsidedown cake....you need something that it draws power from. Like a Tier of Wizards i will soon place in Message Boards called the 'The Unbalanced Tier of Wizards' just have to work out spells. Balances actually do Oppose theirselves since they cant convert their spells to another school.

Fire Ice Storm Life Death Myth is all a Tier your talking about not 2.. They also oppose each other which is where balances come in as both Opposers and Allies of all schools.

Their are Triads which is Element vs Spirit. Balance is both at same time

A new Tier.....can be a Triad or double Triad. a Tier could be 2 Wizard types or more....those Wizard Types is what Chaos is suppose to be. You should make those first then make Choas out of them. Otherwise nothing makes sense.(super huge Period)


I'm trying to work on this. For now, please stop posting on complaints and annoying remarks.

But, this time, you have posted something I thank you for. It draws power from Bartelby.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
BLSKis1 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
crystalfiod2 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
crystalfiod2 wrote:
mman are you Balance? Because now I understand why some people are agreeing,THEY ARENT BALANCE WIZARDS,you see if disorder or chaos or whatever you redicules idea was,was created it wouldnt draw from any other school because Balance takes from all the schools how do you think judgment looks like an angel from that life angel.So if to even try to improve your bad idea I would suggest adding more spirit looking Balance spells for the worlds to come,Or even in the new world have unbalance as a forgotten school or something

HEY! I am a balance wizard, for your information. I just want the schools to be FAIR for ONCE. Balance wizards get it good. And, WHO CARES about the Judgement looking like seraph? xD! Seriously dude!?

Matthew Spritefriend, Lengendary Theurgist

Matthew Drake, level 43 SORCERER
Dude Balance is fair they all are do you know of a Balance convert hmmmmm?do you know of a +30 for balance that we dont need a pet or amulet to use????Plus look at you spell ideas for just one minute then would the schools be fair because the card damage is way too much.All the schools are equal and KI put only these schools for a reason.

Quinn Mistwhisper lvl 60 Legendary Balance wizard


You just don't see the point one bit. Probably because you've devoted your character to Balance, which I agree is a good school, but gets annoying in PvP at times, or somewhere else.

you know i enjoy reading your notes since most places i c them i c either horribly replies or not fully thought out posts of ideas you have. You should talk a bit nicer to players since like always so far most of the posts are right...if your going to make a class of wizard that is called unbalance or chaos or disorder or pineapple upsidedown cake....you need something that it draws power from. Like a Tier of Wizards i will soon place in Message Boards called the 'The Unbalanced Tier of Wizards' just have to work out spells. Balances actually do Oppose theirselves since they cant convert their spells to another school.

Fire Ice Storm Life Death Myth is all a Tier your talking about not 2.. They also oppose each other which is where balances come in as both Opposers and Allies of all schools.

Their are Triads which is Element vs Spirit. Balance is both at same time

A new Tier.....can be a Triad or double Triad. a Tier could be 2 Wizard types or more....those Wizard Types is what Chaos is suppose to be. You should make those first then make Choas out of them. Otherwise nothing makes sense.(super huge Period)


Also, I don't argue with others for no reason. I do this because some people simply are lost in my ideas, thinking there are flaws and attacking me first for it, including you, BLSKis1.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
Hey all,

I'm deciding to combine my Spiral School idea to this. An Opposite to Balance was just a start for Spiral. KI, if you could lock this topic, that'd be great, for I no longer need it. .


Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
77
mman17 wrote:
BLSKis1 wrote:
[you know i enjoy reading your notes since most places i c them i c either horribly replies or not fully thought out posts of ideas you have. You should talk a bit nicer to players since like always so far most of the posts are right...if your going to make a class of wizard that is called unbalance or chaos or disorder or pineapple upsidedown cake....you need something that it draws power from. Like a Tier of Wizards i will soon place in Message Boards called the 'The Unbalanced Tier of Wizards' just have to work out spells. Balances actually do Oppose theirselves since they cant convert their spells to another school.

Fire Ice Storm Life Death Myth is all a Tier your talking about not 2.. They also oppose each other which is where balances come in as both Opposers and Allies of all schools.

Their are Triads which is Element vs Spirit. Balance is both at same time

A new Tier.....can be a Triad or double Triad. a Tier could be 2 Wizard types or more....those Wizard Types is what Chaos is suppose to be. You should make those first then make Choas out of them. Otherwise nothing makes sense.(super huge Period)


I'm trying to work on this. For now, please stop posting on complaints and annoying remarks.

But, this time, you have posted something I thank you for. It draws power from Bartelby.

you also said this about my post right after it

mman17 wrote:
Also, I don't argue with others for no reason. I do this because some people simply are lost in my ideas, thinking there are flaws and attacking me first for it, including you, BLSKis1.
I am not trying to attack you. I have no reason to except you showed a very high form of disrespect towards me in another part of forums. And no not trying to be rude at all...as you s aid you got something out of it and i only ever tell things as it is. If it seems rude....well it may not be meant to be but i know one time it was....and it was justified.

I am just trying to clarify to you why something is a wrong concept. Now as for your reply towards my post above the 2nd quote...why would you say you suddenly had things to think about and then in the post after it basically kick me to curb. but anyways....

So Bartleby is what you are trying to say Spiral gets its power from. WHY! Tell me what the Essence of Life itself has in relation to Chaos/Spiral/Unbalance/Disorder. WHY! You are now as you said saying Spiral is the Opposite of Balance and we all want to see the details not not only brought you to that conclusion but also why pick a harmless tree as a huge villian in essence XD....dumb joke that last part.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
BLSKis1 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
BLSKis1 wrote:
[you know i enjoy reading your notes since most places i c them i c either horribly replies or not fully thought out posts of ideas you have. You should talk a bit nicer to players since like always so far most of the posts are right...if your going to make a class of wizard that is called unbalance or chaos or disorder or pineapple upsidedown cake....you need something that it draws power from. Like a Tier of Wizards i will soon place in Message Boards called the 'The Unbalanced Tier of Wizards' just have to work out spells. Balances actually do Oppose theirselves since they cant convert their spells to another school.

Fire Ice Storm Life Death Myth is all a Tier your talking about not 2.. They also oppose each other which is where balances come in as both Opposers and Allies of all schools.

Their are Triads which is Element vs Spirit. Balance is both at same time

A new Tier.....can be a Triad or double Triad. a Tier could be 2 Wizard types or more....those Wizard Types is what Chaos is suppose to be. You should make those first then make Choas out of them. Otherwise nothing makes sense.(super huge Period)


I'm trying to work on this. For now, please stop posting on complaints and annoying remarks.

But, this time, you have posted something I thank you for. It draws power from Bartelby.

you also said this about my post right after it

mman17 wrote:
Also, I don't argue with others for no reason. I do this because some people simply are lost in my ideas, thinking there are flaws and attacking me first for it, including you, BLSKis1.
I am not trying to attack you. I have no reason to except you showed a very high form of disrespect towards me in another part of forums. And no not trying to be rude at all...as you s aid you got something out of it and i only ever tell things as it is. If it seems rude....well it may not be meant to be but i know one time it was....and it was justified.

I am just trying to clarify to you why something is a wrong concept. Now as for your reply towards my post above the 2nd quote...why would you say you suddenly had things to think about and then in the post after it basically kick me to curb. but anyways....

So Bartleby is what you are trying to say Spiral gets its power from. WHY! Tell me what the Essence of Life itself has in relation to Chaos/Spiral/Unbalance/Disorder. WHY! You are now as you said saying Spiral is the Opposite of Balance and we all want to see the details not not only brought you to that conclusion but also why pick a harmless tree as a huge villian in essence XD....dumb joke that last part.


I mean no offense toward you. I don't want to have any troubles with "friendship on forums", so please consider me sorry. If I showed any disrespect you've seen, I really want to restart. Sorry for possible showing of disrespect, I only hope you choose to agree to forget the past, so to speak.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
146
I get the feeling that this is just PvP related. If you hadn't noticed, Balance MONSTERS are weakened against both Death and Life. So keep crying out, but I really don't feel that you will get this.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
79
Nah... I think balance is fine where it is at the moment, making a new primary school would take loads of work such as, when would you first meet these new creatures? And millions of new quests areas would have to be made, as well as the whole aspect, such as accuracy, pip chance, damage.

Also I think this would upset the balance of the game at the moment. I'm sorry if you can't defeat balance in PvP maybe you should develop a new strategy.