Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ambrose's...death?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
30
I think that in a new world, Headmaster Ambrose should have a death scene. NOT because I hate him, but Wizard101 doesn't really have any super sad moments, and all great games need one. I know Wizard101 is an E10+ game, but there are many E10+ games where characters have died. Ambrose could have a heroic death, such as he blocks you from an attack. If not Ambrose, then some other well-known Wizard, like one of the Ravenwood Teachers for example, and if not a death scene, then at least a very sad moment.

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
63
Fred death on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
I think that in a new world, Headmaster Ambrose should have a death scene. NOT because I hate him, but Wizard101 doesn't really have any super sad moments, and all great games need one. I know Wizard101 is an E10+ game, but there are many E10+ games where characters have died. Ambrose could have a heroic death, such as he blocks you from an attack. If not Ambrose, then some other well-known Wizard, like one of the Ravenwood Teachers for example, and if not a death scene, then at least a very sad moment.
Or maybe he could just fade away of old age, like Yoda.

Ya-ya-ya yoda.

Ya-ya-ya-ya yoooodaaaaaaahhh...
<guitar riff>

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
202
This could be a cool idea. You know, after he dies, you become the role of Merle etc.

But, I'd rather have others die, or maybe the RavenWood professors retire. Because you know, the arcanum has your new professors.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
544
What people consider "sad" is apparently very subjective because I've seen multiple sad moments in the game like in Azteca and Khrysalis.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
92
Fred death on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
I think that in a new world, Headmaster Ambrose should have a death scene. NOT because I hate him, but Wizard101 doesn't really have any super sad moments, and all great games need one. I know Wizard101 is an E10+ game, but there are many E10+ games where characters have died. Ambrose could have a heroic death, such as he blocks you from an attack. If not Ambrose, then some other well-known Wizard, like one of the Ravenwood Teachers for example, and if not a death scene, then at least a very sad moment.
Yes, good idea, I could finally steal his ointment stash all for myself!

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
437
Problematic because then you can't do his side quests LOL

Lvl 110
Lvl 70
Lvl 25

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
74
Starblood653 on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
What people consider "sad" is apparently very subjective because I've seen multiple sad moments in the game like in Azteca and Khrysalis.
*Spoiler Warining8
I have defeated Malistare before and he has a touching cut scene with his wife, who has passed away. Since you defeated him, he also has died. The two find each other and discuss some things. Long story short, it is a touching scene in which you get to see Malistare realize his mistakes. He made all the chaos trying to bring back his deceased wife. I personally rushed through the text and only got through a small portion of it, but it is a nice and sad moment.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3172
Fred death on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
I think that in a new world, Headmaster Ambrose should have a death scene. NOT because I hate him, but Wizard101 doesn't really have any super sad moments, and all great games need one. I know Wizard101 is an E10+ game, but there are many E10+ games where characters have died. Ambrose could have a heroic death, such as he blocks you from an attack. If not Ambrose, then some other well-known Wizard, like one of the Ravenwood Teachers for example, and if not a death scene, then at least a very sad moment.
no super-sad moments? do you even dragonspyre?

ambrose is the jedi master, so no dying for him. but maybe he will take a long vacation, a la bilbo baggins in lotr. and his replacement will be... me!

-von "side quests for everyone!" shadowsong
prodigious

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
30
Starblood653 on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
What people consider "sad" is apparently very subjective because I've seen multiple sad moments in the game like in Azteca and Khrysalis.
Oh is there? Sorry I'm only in Celestia.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
30
hydra4444 on Apr 1, 2016 wrote:
*Spoiler Warining8
I have defeated Malistare before and he has a touching cut scene with his wife, who has passed away. Since you defeated him, he also has died. The two find each other and discuss some things. Long story short, it is a touching scene in which you get to see Malistare realize his mistakes. He made all the chaos trying to bring back his deceased wife. I personally rushed through the text and only got through a small portion of it, but it is a nice and sad moment.
That was a sad moment, but I don't think it's extremely sad. Malistaire was seen as an enemy through the entire first arc, so his death was obviously going to happen, and when he dies that's the only moment you really feel sympathetic for him. Ambrose or any bigger character's death would be sadder because they've been with you since you started playing.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
30
Fred death on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
I think that in a new world, Headmaster Ambrose should have a death scene. NOT because I hate him, but Wizard101 doesn't really have any super sad moments, and all great games need one. I know Wizard101 is an E10+ game, but there are many E10+ games where characters have died. Ambrose could have a heroic death, such as he blocks you from an attack. If not Ambrose, then some other well-known Wizard, like one of the Ravenwood Teachers for example, and if not a death scene, then at least a very sad moment.
Edit: I think that he can return as a ghost and act as normal as well.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
7
Adam Wintersinger on Mar 31, 2016 wrote:
Problematic because then you can't do his side quests LOL

Lvl 110
Lvl 70
Lvl 25
Yes, and he's the one who lets you go to new worlds.
I disagree with the Idea of Master A's death.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
7
hydra4444 on Apr 1, 2016 wrote:
*Spoiler Warining8
I have defeated Malistare before and he has a touching cut scene with his wife, who has passed away. Since you defeated him, he also has died. The two find each other and discuss some things. Long story short, it is a touching scene in which you get to see Malistare realize his mistakes. He made all the chaos trying to bring back his deceased wife. I personally rushed through the text and only got through a small portion of it, but it is a nice and sad moment.
**Spoiler**

He (Malistare) comes back as " Undying Malistare" at the end of Azteca, and then again in Darkmoor.

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
74
Fred death on Apr 2, 2016 wrote:
That was a sad moment, but I don't think it's extremely sad. Malistaire was seen as an enemy through the entire first arc, so his death was obviously going to happen, and when he dies that's the only moment you really feel sympathetic for him. Ambrose or any bigger character's death would be sadder because they've been with you since you started playing.
That is a very true statement, but I think that the sad moment is in there because before this scene, we didn't know why malistare was doing all the evil things.