Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

alchemy spells from gretta darkettle

AuthorMessage
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
spells: storm potion +15% critical (blade/charm) antistorm sip +5% storm block (shield/ward) spells: balance potion +10% balance critical (blade/charm) power potion +5% universal critical (charm) antibalance sip +5% balance block (shield/ward) +10% death critical (charm) antideath sip +10% death block (ward) myth potion: +10% myth critcal (charm) anti myth sip +10% myth block (ward) life potion +10% life critical (charm) anti life sip +10% life block (ward) fire potion: +10% fire critical (charm) antifire sip +10% fire block (ward) ice potion +5% ice critical (charm) anti ice sip +10% ice block (ward) protector potion +5% universal block (ward)

what do you guys think? p.s. a better name for the block wards that has to do with potions would be appreciated.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
ok i thought of a new word for the block wards death medicine storm medicine and so on ice's universal one still called protector potion

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
and since she quit teaching it you probably will have to do a couple quests before she starts training these spells

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
Okay, a few problems with this.

1: Why are they in percentages? Critical and block are not measured in percentages. (They are when you hover over them, but that doesn't count.)

2: Why do you call them "alchemy"? Isn't alchemy changing metal into gold?

3: A blade that adds critical? Critical is the first thing that shows before any blades activate. Maybe if they activate BEFORE the spell like accuracy-adding spells do.

4. Why does Gretta Darkettle teach it? I don't think she's the one that should train it.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Shadow Ice Thing on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
Okay, a few problems with this.

1: Why are they in percentages? Critical and block are not measured in percentages. (They are when you hover over them, but that doesn't count.)

2: Why do you call them "alchemy"? Isn't alchemy changing metal into gold?

3: A blade that adds critical? Critical is the first thing that shows before any blades activate. Maybe if they activate BEFORE the spell like accuracy-adding spells do.

4. Why does Gretta Darkettle teach it? I don't think she's the one that should train it.
ok um alchemy is the art of potions or metal but if you noobs would pay attention in firecat alley you would know kingsisle has chose alchemy to be potions in the spiral and gretta darkettle use to teach alchemy (big part of how i know kingsisle has chosen potions for alchemy) and the percentages would add onto the percentage when you scroll over it cause a rating would be way too underpowered and never used and they did accuracy they can do critical charms get over yourself

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Ok, first off gold is a metal in and of itself. And saying that alchemy is changing metals into gold is a bit simplistic. The changing of 'base metals' (i.e. lead) into 'noble metals' (i.e. gold or silver) was merely one aspect of alchemy. This process was called 'transmutation'. And if I'm not mistaken, in Crafting do we not transmute reagents into other reagents? And in turn transmute these reagents into Equipment and Housing Items? So can we conclude that KingsIsle intends for Crafting to represent Alchemy? That seems to be the logical conslusion based on definition. I could be wrong though. Google Alchemy. Actually wikipedia has a pretty good basic page regarding the definition and history of the subject. You might find it interesting. :) ValdusHawkFlame

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
critical blizzard on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
ok um alchemy is the art of potions or metal but if you noobs would pay attention in firecat alley you would know kingsisle has chose alchemy to be potions in the spiral and gretta darkettle use to teach alchemy (big part of how i know kingsisle has chosen potions for alchemy) and the percentages would add onto the percentage when you scroll over it cause a rating would be way too underpowered and never used and they did accuracy they can do critical charms get over yourself
Critical as a apprentice wizard? N-no! That'd make it horrible, no offense, and you have no right to call someone who is speaking the truth a "Noob" you aren't even using the world right, it's a new person Shame on you..!