Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Agree or oppose level locks on worlds

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 24, 2012
192
Dr Von on Dec 30, 2012 wrote:
there's no theory to prove~ low levels don't have access to the stats required to fight at the high levels, pure and simple... and that, my friend, is a fact. when you can show me a level 25 with access to high resistance, critical, block, and the astrals, who is completely self-sufficient in avalon or azteca, we can talk about your "theories".

you may be fed up with people "complaining" about low-levels in high-level zones, but maybe i'm tired of low-levels disrupting my game-play... i may play with ports off, but maybe the guy who's afk in three points doesn't and his level 16 friend ports in, then joins my battle and begs for healing. ports off is not a legit solution, end of.

hardly anyone wants a lock? where are you getting your stats? didn't you realize that 80% of stats are made-up on the spot? lol.

on a more-serious note, your "stats" are biased, as this forum is only available to paying members (crowns players aren't considered "members") and not all 30 million players have central accounts. i don't need tallies or heavily-biased "stats" to make my case, and i don't have to prove anything to you.

as for your demand that i "sit back and quiet down", this is a public forum and i don't require your permission to voice an opinion. just because you don't like what i (and others) have to say doesn't make it any less valid... if you can't handle me disagreeing with you, that's not my problem. if you only wanted to hear from people who agree with you, say so next time and the rest of us will gladly avoid the ensuing headache.

i find it hilarious that you started your post by apologizing for being rude, then started up again. if you're looking to debate it out, by all means make your case; if you're trying to pick a fight, you won't get one from me... but hey, just keep right on being rude to me, and see where it gets you.

-von
So all th prometheans in azteca right now have the correct resist,crit,block,astrals i have level 90 friends that still arent self sufficient . So lets not go there.

I have a solution for you, Change realms or just dont heal them. See you might be half the problem if you are helping a person like this. If a player is not giving positivey to the group then donot help them its that simple. Those low levels jumping in with you might stop doing it if you stop helping them. Another thing is i have yet to see or have a jumper under level 70 in azteca. So you must be either a target or have really really bad luck for as much as you say your disrupted.

Check the thread on here with votes then check the thread on central with votes i know at least 2 other sites you can check out also with votes so thats where im getting my "stats" as you call them.

Actually you do have to prove something, You have yet to prove that the game is To Difficult to play it.

Correct this forum is public and you can say and do whatever you wish in line with ToU but so can I, And im just tired of hearing the nonsense thats all, Because we donot agree that makes you tired of hearing my nonsense lol.

Oh my im not trying to get an argument out of you. Im not being rude to you either. Im just answering questions and posting my opinions on a subject. Not everything in the world can be sunshine and butterflies.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2186
fireproof1111 on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
I was not purposely trying to be rude but i am fed up with people complaining about low levels in higher worlds. See for me i can handle people jumping into my duels and fleeing it doesnt bother me one bit and myself as well as most i know use low levels alot to help them with harder battles so by doing any of these things that some of you are proposing would noty allow anyone to port in lower levels which means alot of mad people out there that wasnt doing anything wrong but in turn got there hands shackled because a few of you out there are mad because someone invaded your space, When by the way it isnt your space anyway, This is a multiplayer game and anyone can come into anyones battle. This truely gets on my nerves. So my view on it is simple if its not broke dont try an fix it. I dont care who thinks they are right or wrong and i dont care whos side wins but when it is going to screw up alot of peoples way they game just to make like 10 people happy is just stupid.
And if someone wants to argue this by saying that 10 people is just a presumption and i dont know that well your right but ive checked the gunslingers threads and the polls are lookin to me that hardly anyone wants a lock or block on anything.
Want to try and tell me that these forums dont hold the true number of members then go out and get your tallies to prove your point or just sit back and quiet down because you have no proof either.
This gets just down right frustrating due to no one actually having any type of solid proof to their assumptions, none of you do, yeah even me.
So either go out and prove your theories or stop wasting everyones time.
As Von stated, being rude to others posting their opinions and telling everyone they need to calm down is not acceptable. This is just why threads and topics get closed.

As Von Suggested earlier, a "QUEST PROGRESSION" lock that is tweaked to not permit a player from joining a battle in an area they do not have a key to, would not prevent them from porting to that world to look around. I have no problem with ANY player sight seeing. BUT, I do have a problem with those players joining and then fleeing my battle after drawing in another opponent. ESPECIALLY in the second arc. Those players DO NOT have the necessary stats to survive in those worlds. A level 50 may be helpful to some degree in the upper worlds, but they are still very limited in stats.

I have seen gunslingers threads and polls. But did you look at the number of views. There are a lot of players not voting one way or the other. No, none of the official forums holds a true number of game members.

Also in case you have not noticed, a large portion of the instances and dungeons are QUEST LOCKED. Meaning if you have not already done it or have the quest for it, can not be PORTED into. In fact most can't be ported into even if you have the quest or have done it. They have to be entered from the sigil only.

Now, someone mentioned a tweak that would remove an added opponent if a player joins and flees. It is my understanding that this has been done in P101 and yes, it would be nice to have here. I can see only one problem with that. If you and a friend are in battle and one has to flee to heal or refill mana, will that also do the same thing here. If you are having to collect certain items or battle and defeat a certain number of the opponent, this is one place you don't want that tweak to function.

Fireproof, there is a thread on Central regarding players joining and fleeing after drawing an additional opponent. You may want to take a look at it. Granted there are not a large number of replies but, the biggest problem is these players joining and fleeing think this is funny when in fact it is not. So please stop telling others we can't voice our opinons. We are paying members too.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333223&highlight=cheap+shot

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
DragonLady1818 on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
As Von stated, being rude to others posting their opinions and telling everyone they need to calm down is not acceptable. This is just why threads and topics get closed.

As Von Suggested earlier, a "QUEST PROGRESSION" lock that is tweaked to not permit a player from joining a battle in an area they do not have a key to, would not prevent them from porting to that world to look around. I have no problem with ANY player sight seeing. BUT, I do have a problem with those players joining and then fleeing my battle after drawing in another opponent. ESPECIALLY in the second arc. Those players DO NOT have the necessary stats to survive in those worlds. A level 50 may be helpful to some degree in the upper worlds, but they are still very limited in stats.

I have seen gunslingers threads and polls. But did you look at the number of views. There are a lot of players not voting one way or the other. No, none of the official forums holds a true number of game members.

Also in case you have not noticed, a large portion of the instances and dungeons are QUEST LOCKED. Meaning if you have not already done it or have the quest for it, can not be PORTED into. In fact most can't be ported into even if you have the quest or have done it. They have to be entered from the sigil only.

Now, someone mentioned a tweak that would remove an added opponent if a player joins and flees. It is my understanding that this has been done in P101 and yes, it would be nice to have here. I can see only one problem with that. If you and a friend are in battle and one has to flee to heal or refill mana, will that also do the same thing here. If you are having to collect certain items or battle and defeat a certain number of the opponent, this is one place you don't want that tweak to function.

Fireproof, there is a thread on Central regarding players joining and fleeing after drawing an additional opponent. You may want to take a look at it. Granted there are not a large number of replies but, the biggest problem is these players joining and fleeing think this is funny when in fact it is not. So please stop telling others we can't voice our opinons. We are paying members too.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333223&highlight=cheap+shot
Well lower levels do have access to worlds and i hope it stays that way because just because a few of you dont use lower level help alot of others still do. That is the one thing you are not seeing.

And by some of the posts ive been seeing lately with people having trouble accomplishing things i could almost say that some of the level 50's ive seen helping people probably have a better set up than those having trouble because they are surviving just fine.

Once again they arent voting because they just dont care meaning they arent having a problem. Im sure they would voice their opinions otherwise.

That p101 option sounds outstanding and that i can agree with because it helps the problem at hand but doesnt hinder anyone in the meantime.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2186
fireproof1111 on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
So all th prometheans in azteca right now have the correct resist,crit,block,astrals i have level 90 friends that still arent self sufficient . So lets not go there.

I have a solution for you, Change realms or just dont heal them. See you might be half the problem if you are helping a person like this. If a player is not giving positivey to the group then donot help them its that simple. Those low levels jumping in with you might stop doing it if you stop helping them. Another thing is i have yet to see or have a jumper under level 70 in azteca. So you must be either a target or have really really bad luck for as much as you say your disrupted.

Check the thread on here with votes then check the thread on central with votes i know at least 2 other sites you can check out also with votes so thats where im getting my "stats" as you call them.

Actually you do have to prove something, You have yet to prove that the game is To Difficult to play it.

Correct this forum is public and you can say and do whatever you wish in line with ToU but so can I, And im just tired of hearing the nonsense thats all, Because we donot agree that makes you tired of hearing my nonsense lol.

Oh my im not trying to get an argument out of you. Im not being rude to you either. Im just answering questions and posting my opinions on a subject. Not everything in the world can be sunshine and butterflies.
Unless those sites are official "Fansites", the stats don't matter. There is one Site that I joined about a year ago that was new. I had not been a member for more than a month when another member to that site made a comment about not letting Central members join when he himself was a member of Central. Any official site that condones their members slamming another official site in my opinion needs to become unofficial real quick, or that member needs to be warned against making such comments.

Now back on the subject. If you have members from one site also as members on another site, their vote is still only ONE vote. So the stats will not be true stats.

What some of you seem to fail to understand is that some of us are not saying it is too difficult for some of our wizards. What we are saying is that there are a lot of players that do not have the best gear or pets to be able to play AZ under the current difficulty level even with groups. And they certainly will not be able to do the quests that are required SOLO. These are the players we are defending. They have every right to play this game and every world that comes into it just the same as you or I. It does not matter if they have subs or crowns. And as you well know, Crowns players can only read the posts here but CANNOT post on these forums. Therefore there are some of us that will defend those players as well.

The fact still remains that the lower levels should not be allowed to join battles they are not equipped to handle. They can sight see all they want and I don't care about that. In fact I think they should be able to look around any new world.

I do not appreciate players joining , not helping, yet reap the rewards they have not earned the right too. I don't appreciate lower levels joining my fight, bringing in another opponent then fleeing. I can promise you that if you do this to me, I will have you on a screenshot and you better hope I never run across you needing help in a battle.

Treat me with respect as well as my friends and I will do the same for you. I am generally a fairly easy person to get along with, but disrespect, rudeness and profanity is not something I will tolerate.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
15
I completely agree with level locks even though I admit I have jumped to worlds ahead of me, quite a bit before

Adam IronFlame Level 84 Fire Guy

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
DragonLady1818 on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Unless those sites are official "Fansites", the stats don't matter. There is one Site that I joined about a year ago that was new. I had not been a member for more than a month when another member to that site made a comment about not letting Central members join when he himself was a member of Central. Any official site that condones their members slamming another official site in my opinion needs to become unofficial real quick, or that member needs to be warned against making such comments.

Now back on the subject. If you have members from one site also as members on another site, their vote is still only ONE vote. So the stats will not be true stats.

What some of you seem to fail to understand is that some of us are not saying it is too difficult for some of our wizards. What we are saying is that there are a lot of players that do not have the best gear or pets to be able to play AZ under the current difficulty level even with groups. And they certainly will not be able to do the quests that are required SOLO. These are the players we are defending. They have every right to play this game and every world that comes into it just the same as you or I. It does not matter if they have subs or crowns. And as you well know, Crowns players can only read the posts here but CANNOT post on these forums. Therefore there are some of us that will defend those players as well.

The fact still remains that the lower levels should not be allowed to join battles they are not equipped to handle. They can sight see all they want and I don't care about that. In fact I think they should be able to look around any new world.

I do not appreciate players joining , not helping, yet reap the rewards they have not earned the right too. I don't appreciate lower levels joining my fight, bringing in another opponent then fleeing. I can promise you that if you do this to me, I will have you on a screenshot and you better hope I never run across you needing help in a battle.

Treat me with respect as well as my friends and I will do the same for you. I am generally a fairly easy person to get along with, but disrespect, rudeness and profanity is not something I will tolerate.
If you all are talking about my voting threads then i hope you realize that the central website is for everyone so more people can and will vote there. Also i want to add that even if the websites arent combined the tally still stands as a lower % feel that the level lock is needed on each individual site. So basically whichever way you want to look at it the majority of voters do not want a level lock in place or a progression lock or anything that involves lower levels not porting.

So we can all just keep typing on these threads and trying to make each other see the others point of view but it still comes down to a simple fact that its not going to change. But please feel free to complain more or open your mind either way is fine with me because i understand enough of how the gaming business works and there is no need to keep ranting lol.

I made my point two ways, those voting threads agree with my outlook ,and nothings changed.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
192
DragonLady1818 on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Unless those sites are official "Fansites", the stats don't matter. There is one Site that I joined about a year ago that was new. I had not been a member for more than a month when another member to that site made a comment about not letting Central members join when he himself was a member of Central. Any official site that condones their members slamming another official site in my opinion needs to become unofficial real quick, or that member needs to be warned against making such comments.

Now back on the subject. If you have members from one site also as members on another site, their vote is still only ONE vote. So the stats will not be true stats.

What some of you seem to fail to understand is that some of us are not saying it is too difficult for some of our wizards. What we are saying is that there are a lot of players that do not have the best gear or pets to be able to play AZ under the current difficulty level even with groups. And they certainly will not be able to do the quests that are required SOLO. These are the players we are defending. They have every right to play this game and every world that comes into it just the same as you or I. It does not matter if they have subs or crowns. And as you well know, Crowns players can only read the posts here but CANNOT post on these forums. Therefore there are some of us that will defend those players as well.

The fact still remains that the lower levels should not be allowed to join battles they are not equipped to handle. They can sight see all they want and I don't care about that. In fact I think they should be able to look around any new world.

I do not appreciate players joining , not helping, yet reap the rewards they have not earned the right too. I don't appreciate lower levels joining my fight, bringing in another opponent then fleeing. I can promise you that if you do this to me, I will have you on a screenshot and you better hope I never run across you needing help in a battle.

Treat me with respect as well as my friends and I will do the same for you. I am generally a fairly easy person to get along with, but disrespect, rudeness and profanity is not something I will tolerate.
So central isnt a fan site now?
Your right some cannot compete but they dont need a nerf in place they need experience in the game to get better.
The lower levels that assist people are not doing any harm they are helping and usually are summoned for that purpose.
We are all playing with a wide variety of age groups and when you understand that then you may start to see that things can go in the opposite direction you want sometimes.
All that comes to mind when i read your last paragraph is " you must earn respect" Its not just given away and neither is achievement in this game.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2186
fireproof1111 on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
So central isnt a fan site now?
Your right some cannot compete but they dont need a nerf in place they need experience in the game to get better.
The lower levels that assist people are not doing any harm they are helping and usually are summoned for that purpose.
We are all playing with a wide variety of age groups and when you understand that then you may start to see that things can go in the opposite direction you want sometimes.
All that comes to mind when i read your last paragraph is " you must earn respect" Its not just given away and neither is achievement in this game.
Did I say Central was not a Fansite? You better read that again because I certainly did not.

As for some of the other sites, I happen to be a member of some of them. Just because I don't post on them does not mean I don't look at them.

The problem is with the lower levels is with those who port to friends then don't go with the friend when that friend moves to another area or logs off. They remain behind and cause problems for others trying to complete quests.

I am fully aware of the various age groups playing this game. I have friends who are 70+ and friends that are in the way younger bracket. You have absolutely no idea at the experience some of these players have.

Players coming here telling them they need to do this or that is not being very tactful nor is there any constructive suggestions being made... It is being down right rude and belittling and disrespectful regardless of age. I will not give respect to anyone that continues in this fashon

I have earned a great deal of respect from most that know me and I also return that respect

Back on topic. There have been suggestions made to implement possible ways to prevent lower levels from joining battles they should not be in. I will continue to stand behind those suggestions as possible solutions until proven otherwise.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
35
I oppose 'cause what if you only had one low level friend on that's life and you were dieing!! Please look at it that way.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1304
Maybe there are people that don't want to post and give an opinion on this type of thread, because of who started the topic in the first place.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
BrynnerOfReign on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
Maybe there are people that don't want to post and give an opinion on this type of thread, because of who started the topic in the first place.
Ouch.

lol some people actually do like me honest

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
Scarlet Redd on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
I oppose 'cause what if you only had one low level friend on that's life and you were dieing!! Please look at it that way.
That's the beauty of my idea. If the droning on of arguments hasn't totally buried my responses, you'd see that my idea was to institute a player set lock. Letting the individual set their own lock vs the devs makes it much more flexible and would EASILY address your concerns.

I'm not slamming what anybody has said, but with the back and forth going on, it seems quite apparent that my suggestion, which has merit, has been lost in the din. You're not the first I've had to point it out to.

So let me pose a slightly different question along the same lines:

If port control was PLAYER controlled and not GAME controlled, would you be more in favor of adding in tougher options which could be selected on a player by player basis (meaning you and I can have separate controls over who can port to us and who can't)?

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
192
DragonLady1818 on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
Did I say Central was not a Fansite? You better read that again because I certainly did not.

As for some of the other sites, I happen to be a member of some of them. Just because I don't post on them does not mean I don't look at them.

The problem is with the lower levels is with those who port to friends then don't go with the friend when that friend moves to another area or logs off. They remain behind and cause problems for others trying to complete quests.

I am fully aware of the various age groups playing this game. I have friends who are 70+ and friends that are in the way younger bracket. You have absolutely no idea at the experience some of these players have.

Players coming here telling them they need to do this or that is not being very tactful nor is there any constructive suggestions being made... It is being down right rude and belittling and disrespectful regardless of age. I will not give respect to anyone that continues in this fashon

I have earned a great deal of respect from most that know me and I also return that respect

Back on topic. There have been suggestions made to implement possible ways to prevent lower levels from joining battles they should not be in. I will continue to stand behind those suggestions as possible solutions until proven otherwise.
Only two that was mentioned was central and here. But you casually said "unless its an official fansite it doesnt matter"
Did you not just say that central wasnt a fan site. If not why did you even post that statement because those were the only two everyone was talking about seeing how we cannot post other website names on the forums.

And Cut! thats a wrap!

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
40
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
Ok there have been numerous threads about some people wanting level blocks on worlds lately,Whether it be because of lower levels jumping into battle rings or jealousy because some one is further in game that you due to using their lowbie friends for help. For whatever the reason i want to know who agrees on a level lock on worlds and who opposes a level lock on worlds.
We can look at this thread in a few weeks to see whose the majority on this issue. Hopefully we have alot of players posting their opinion.
I was hoping to get a better perspective on just how many people feel this way. This is a supposed problem that people cant seem to stop writting threads about so lets see just how many agree an oppose. Also if KI sees this maybe whatever the turnout is it will get handled in the appropriate way.
1. Agree (meaning you want a level lock- meaning you cannot enter a world unless you have completed the quest line up to that point and have a key from ambrose.)
2. Dont care
3. Oppose ( meaning you dont mind that people can port there lower level friends into a world to help them if needed.)
I oppose. Because I could have a friend in azteca but only be level 40. I would still be of help. "Heroes come in many shapes and sizes"

Transcendent Sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
2
I think Pyrsik is right, we should do what is best for the game and i think that the best thing for the game is to say
number 3 as in i oppose world locks. For the people who don't like low level invaders, not to be rude but get over it. Its not just about you. There are plenty of people who use low levels to help them. Me being one of them occasionally,this my opinion. No rude comments please.

Anna Crow-Level 20 Death Wizard

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2186
fireproof1111 on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
Only two that was mentioned was central and here. But you casually said "unless its an official fansite it doesnt matter"
Did you not just say that central wasnt a fan site. If not why did you even post that statement because those were the only two everyone was talking about seeing how we cannot post other website names on the forums.

And Cut! thats a wrap!
Everyone knows you can not name any site that is not DIRECTLY associated or approved by KI on this board. Referrence has been made even indirectly to some that are not official fansites. And, Yes, I did say that "unless it is and official fansite it doesn't matter" which is exactly what I mean.... But, I have never at anytime stated anywhere that Central was not an official site. So don't try turning my words around. Yes there are some sites that are not connected to KI in any way, but are sites that some players use for their own purposes.

Please read my posts thoroughly before making assumptions.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
DragonLady1818 on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
Everyone knows you can not name any site that is not DIRECTLY associated or approved by KI on this board. Referrence has been made even indirectly to some that are not official fansites. And, Yes, I did say that "unless it is and official fansite it doesn't matter" which is exactly what I mean.... But, I have never at anytime stated anywhere that Central was not an official site. So don't try turning my words around. Yes there are some sites that are not connected to KI in any way, but are sites that some players use for their own purposes.

Please read my posts thoroughly before making assumptions.
Ok enough bickering everyone. Stay on topic please.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
fireproof1111 on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
Only two that was mentioned was central and here. But you casually said "unless its an official fansite it doesnt matter"
Did you not just say that central wasnt a fan site. If not why did you even post that statement because those were the only two everyone was talking about seeing how we cannot post other website names on the forums.

And Cut! thats a wrap!
Your post makes no sense. Please read threads carefully, and try to stay on topic. If you can't take the time to read threads carefully then hold off on your rapid fire posts. Gibberish is just that.

Administrator