Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A replacement?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 18, 2008
As a death wizard, I know we don't usually get as good damage or utility spells as other schools. So I am suggesting a replacement for our new "Mass Infection" utility spell. First off, is Mass Infection really needed? It has come to my attention that this could be another attempt by Kingsisle to give death an upper hand in PvP. While infections are nice, people's pets with unicorn and spritely (which is basically every pet now) can just cut right through them leaving the death at a disadvantage of being down 3 pips (citation needed). It sure isn't as useful in PvE either, 3 pips (citation needed) to cut the Avalon monsters' healing considering the only ones who heal are the lifes and they only use rebirth IF they decide to heal at all. We can just blade up and dispatch them with a scarecrow or other spell. Now, on to my proposition. If Kingsisle really wants to gear a death spell towards PvP they need to make something to get rid of a Guardian Spirit. That would help immensely in PvP and would very well cut down some of the complaining a bit. I know Kingsisle doesn't always go with some of their player's ideas on here, but I know that this could be a win/win situation here.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
awesome34 wrote:
As a death wizard, I know we don't usually get as good damage or utility spells as other schools. So I am suggesting a replacement for our new "Mass Infection" utility spell. First off, is Mass Infection really needed? It has come to my attention that this could be another attempt by Kingsisle to give death an upper hand in PvP. While infections are nice, people's pets with unicorn and spritely (which is basically every pet now) can just cut right through them leaving the death at a disadvantage of being down 3 pips (citation needed). It sure isn't as useful in PvE either, 3 pips (citation needed) to cut the Avalon monsters' healing considering the only ones who heal are the lifes and they only use rebirth IF they decide to heal at all. We can just blade up and dispatch them with a scarecrow or other spell. Now, on to my proposition. If Kingsisle really wants to gear a death spell towards PvP they need to make something to get rid of a Guardian Spirit. That would help immensely in PvP and would very well cut down some of the complaining a bit. I know Kingsisle doesn't always go with some of their player's ideas on here, but I know that this could be a win/win situation here.

Let's face it~ the level 72 and 75 utility spells were designed for PvP. The only ones I can think of that PvE-only players would find even somewhat useful are Healing Current (only if you're Storm), Cooldown, and Guardian Spirit... I'm a Balance wizard, and Mana Burn/Supernova are the most-useless spells ever; neither one serves any purpose in PvE combat, or ever made it into my deck. At this point, it's a waste of space... But I digress.

I agree with you that Mass Infection is pretty useless, since almost every pet in the Spiral has Spritely, or some other heal. If I'm in PvE combat, and Dr. Von is cast on me, I just wait it out and let my pet get rid of the ensuing Infection with a Sprite, before I pop out Availing Hands, for 850/round (because my incoming-heal boost is truly epic, heh).

And yes~ since one of Death's strengths is the taking-away of healing abilities, perhaps that could work. The way I see it, it wouldn't be much different than Doom & Gloom v. Sanctuary... if I ever decide to PvP, my Death wiz would love this, as an option.

/my 2 cents, for what they're worth,

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Vampy
Balance/80 and Death/64

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
In my opinion, death is already a bad pvp school. For the spell to get any respect at all, all schools would have to be able to train it, and then it would probably still cost at least 3 pips, and I want a utility spell that's good OUTSIDE pvp. Sorry, but I prefer mass infection way more than your idea because you can cut all opponents heals in half, when removing guardian spirit you wouldn't use every battle and it would be rendered completely useless outside pvp. This game does not need to revolve around PvP

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
That is your opinion that you don't like Mass Infection, other people, like me, love it.

Plus + if there was a spell to counter GS there would literally be no reason for it at all. But there are plenty of dispels out there and o look here "infections" and doom and gloom.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
knightmare12 wrote:
That is your opinion that you don't like Mass Infection, other people, like me, love it.

Plus + if there was a spell to counter GS there would literally be no reason for it at all. But there are plenty of dispels out there and o look here "infections" and doom and gloom.

Doom and Gloom would be the ONLY thing that would be remotely close to helpful in this case, and it's the same amount as mass infection, for a better effect. You could life dispel, but hey a spritely pet just took it off after you cast it and they get to use GS anyway, and infection would not work at all considering they made it to where you lost everything when you die, so infection is just a lost cause. I was just proposing a more useful spell for all those PvP junkies considering, like said above, almost all the utility spells have a better PvP attribute to them than PvE. I guarantee that the MOBs in future worlds WILL have GS and a spell to get rid of it will be a necessity for death, considering they are a powerful soloing school.