Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Glove wand

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Anyone else think the casting animations without a wand is cool?
I would like to see a Wand that has the buffs of a weapon so to speak and the animation of casting spells with out a wand equiped.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ashblade88 on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Anyone else think the casting animations without a wand is cool?
I would like to see a Wand that has the buffs of a weapon so to speak and the animation of casting spells with out a wand equiped.
no thank you.
*gloves have been suggested before... several times.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Well, I think this is a good idea,and I've not heard of this idea before.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Various hand-held talismans would be fun and add some variety.

- crystal ball
- little statue or doll
- a book
- a dangling chain or amulet you hold in your hand
- shiny rock or crystal
- a scroll you unroll and read the magic
- a magic paper you read and cast or burn

These are generally more wizardy than two-handed scottish claymores!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Defender
Oct 21, 2010
RottenHeart on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
Various hand-held talismans would be fun and add some variety.

- crystal ball
- little statue or doll
- a book
- a dangling chain or amulet you hold in your hand
- shiny rock or crystal
- a scroll you unroll and read the magic
- a magic paper you read and cast or burn

These are generally more wizardy than two-handed scottish claymores!
LoL
I certainly think gloves, or other small handheld items are a really awesome idea I've never heard the idea and I think it would be an awesome thing to try in the Test realm!!

Julia DragonLeaf-Level 87

Megan DragonLeaf-Level 26 Storm

"The Best Things In Life Are Free, But Wizard101 Begs To Differ!"

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Not a bad idea, certainly could be done without much trouble. We could go into the middle of the ring and like shoot out stuff from our hands, which would be our "Wand" Spell. Sounds like fun to use gloves, I want to see this implemented.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
RavenLady777 on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
no thank you.
*gloves have been suggested before... several times.
Well if they release some gloves or another casting implement RottenHeart stated, you dont have to buy them. Its like if in the real world your favourite store release a new toy and you dont like it, you dont have to buy it. They dont force you to buy it. But they give the opportunity for the ones who are interested in buying it to buy it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
popcicool7777777 on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
Well if they release some gloves or another casting implement RottenHeart stated, you dont have to buy them. Its like if in the real world your favourite store release a new toy and you dont like it, you dont have to buy it. They dont force you to buy it. But they give the opportunity for the ones who are interested in buying it to buy it.
I agree, but if it's the only wand, as most are, for your level, we would be forced to wear them. As long as they are crowns-only gear, I'm certainly fine with it. :)

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
RavenLady777 on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
I agree, but if it's the only wand, as most are, for your level, we would be forced to wear them. As long as they are crowns-only gear, I'm certainly fine with it. :)
Much better. To make this fair for everyone, why not make them in the Crows Shop. They could have no stats, just like the Guardian's Outfit, and onced they are bought, you can stitch them.

Fair enough?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Or just represent the spoken words of the spell as some sort of visible energy: a tendril composed of arcane writing appears above your head and is carried on a magic and invisible wind to the enemy where it turns red, then black, then is consumed in flame and the spell's main effect takes place.

You could have a spell animation that showed a person opening a book, and a small sound file where a masculine or feminine voice is reading mysterious words aloud. The words could be pig Latin or Elvish or some other made up language.

Another way is to have a "mediator" for the spell's effect. This is a little different from casting a minion or having a pet cast a spell. Here's an example:

You lift up your hands as though you are going to cast a spell, but instead of energy coming out of your hands, a small "mediator" (a bird, an imp, a serpent) materializes right in front of you and alights on your hand. You then shoo it towards your target and it turns into the spell. The sorts of spells that work best with this would be things like wand attacks, X spells with a single target, and shields/traps/blades/charms.