Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

7th character slot

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2009
8
hey wizard team why don't you guys add more slots to the main screen because i mean its nice to have six but having to decide what ya want is some times a pain and its been forever since you guys actually had a new class or something.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1035
Yes, I'm still interested in the 7th slot as well. Why should I delete one wizard that I worked so long and hard to get to max just to play a 7th school and repeat the process Why should I spend up to 60 dollars more to create another account costing me more money on gear, bundles, pet and a mount from the Crown Shop just for one more wizard. Money doesn't grow on trees. Plus that's a another account to keep track of.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
Is an even number easier to program in some way?

I can't think of another reason there can't be 7 slots open for different wizards.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
8
SparkleTude on Feb 14, 2018 wrote:
Is an even number easier to program in some way?

I can't think of another reason there can't be 7 slots open for different wizards.
in some placers yes but this games been out for so long and if you think about all the player base and how much people spend mostly youtubers and people who love to spend money they actually make a lot until the game comes to a stop because we have to wait for some kind of content to show up and so on pretty much a cycle and i dont see why they can't just kind of go out of there comfort zone a little bit to improve the game but i see what you are saying as well.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1035
SparkleTude on Feb 14, 2018 wrote:
Is an even number easier to program in some way?

I can't think of another reason there can't be 7 slots open for different wizards.
If that is true, then why not 8 slots. This game is going on 10 years and it's starting to fall behind other games like this one. So why not take it a step further and add 2 more slots if the number has to be even. While Kingsisle is at it, why not open wizard101 free to play up to level 15 or a least all of Wizard City. Kingsisle, what do you say?

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
46
SparkleTude on Feb 14, 2018 wrote:
Is an even number easier to program in some way?

I can't think of another reason there can't be 7 slots open for different wizards.
Hmm, maybe it has to do with people buying paying for multiple accounts to have all schools? In case you haven't noticed kingsisle wants all the moneys.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
8
Patrick Ravenbane on Feb 14, 2018 wrote:
If that is true, then why not 8 slots. This game is going on 10 years and it's starting to fall behind other games like this one. So why not take it a step further and add 2 more slots if the number has to be even. While Kingsisle is at it, why not open wizard101 free to play up to level 15 or a least all of Wizard City. Kingsisle, what do you say?
I will have to agree with ya, because really if you look at the menu before you click on a character you can see on the left an right side there are more than enough spaces. And right like seriously like they are beginning to basically keep money for no reason and there not really spending any on any good stuff, like really the new worlds take up to what 5 or so years now. No new game content that is worth really playing and they are really expecting us to mostly pvp if we get bored like lol no i got the gear i needed i am done.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
577
jgdryjd2 on Feb 13, 2018 wrote:
hey wizard team why don't you guys add more slots to the main screen because i mean its nice to have six but having to decide what ya want is some times a pain and its been forever since you guys actually had a new class or something.
I'm in full support of this. All schools should be playable without having to delete a character.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
raumlord on Feb 15, 2018 wrote:
Hmm, maybe it has to do with people buying paying for multiple accounts to have all schools? In case you haven't noticed kingsisle wants all the moneys.
IDK. People have posited this theory but personally I wonder how many really can do that, or can afford to do that? Paying for two entire accounts? Then you're tempted to make 12 wizards...

I personally find it more than enough having six but would love a seventh, or eighth, just so I don't have to log in and out of two accounts. I do not want balance badly enough nor do I wish to have to operate and suit up two full accounts.

I feel they could add a seventh school then maybe sun or moon or shadow school. I dunno...There are plenty of seats off to the side as many of us continue to point out. They could also always redesign the classroom entry screen to be any way they wished...

It seems KI makes money on bundles, packs, gear and stitching and in the crown shop...more slots would give everybody more wizards to kit out.

I have no clue how many have more than one account though.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2014
5
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
46
SparkleTude on Feb 16, 2018 wrote:
IDK. People have posited this theory but personally I wonder how many really can do that, or can afford to do that? Paying for two entire accounts? Then you're tempted to make 12 wizards...

I personally find it more than enough having six but would love a seventh, or eighth, just so I don't have to log in and out of two accounts. I do not want balance badly enough nor do I wish to have to operate and suit up two full accounts.

I feel they could add a seventh school then maybe sun or moon or shadow school. I dunno...There are plenty of seats off to the side as many of us continue to point out. They could also always redesign the classroom entry screen to be any way they wished...

It seems KI makes money on bundles, packs, gear and stitching and in the crown shop...more slots would give everybody more wizards to kit out.

I have no clue how many have more than one account though.
Many people have multiple accounts, especially people who are really into the game. People use them to help quest, boost themselves in PvP, etc. I've seen people with way more than just 2 accounts, just go into the commons and look for characters with the exact same name and exact same clothes standing right next to each other. KI makes money on memberships and crowns. All schools in one account means less incentive for people to make and pay for another account (vs. deleting one of their characters.) There is no other reason for there to not be 7 characters.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1035
SparkleTude on Feb 16, 2018 wrote:
IDK. People have posited this theory but personally I wonder how many really can do that, or can afford to do that? Paying for two entire accounts? Then you're tempted to make 12 wizards...

I personally find it more than enough having six but would love a seventh, or eighth, just so I don't have to log in and out of two accounts. I do not want balance badly enough nor do I wish to have to operate and suit up two full accounts.

I feel they could add a seventh school then maybe sun or moon or shadow school. I dunno...There are plenty of seats off to the side as many of us continue to point out. They could also always redesign the classroom entry screen to be any way they wished...

It seems KI makes money on bundles, packs, gear and stitching and in the crown shop...more slots would give everybody more wizards to kit out.

I have no clue how many have more than one account though.
Many players can not afford 2 accounts. Those who can have a job and out of school. I ran in to several players who has 2 even 3 accounts. They're the ones who are adults and some have kids. Family members log on to each other accounts to play them at the same time. But The larger Majority of players are in school and most of them don't have a job but barely gets by with one account. That's why I also feel a 7th slot is needed since there are 7 schools and many of us wants it. 8th slot would be good too only if the game requires an even number

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1035
raumlord on Feb 17, 2018 wrote:
Many people have multiple accounts, especially people who are really into the game. People use them to help quest, boost themselves in PvP, etc. I've seen people with way more than just 2 accounts, just go into the commons and look for characters with the exact same name and exact same clothes standing right next to each other. KI makes money on memberships and crowns. All schools in one account means less incentive for people to make and pay for another account (vs. deleting one of their characters.) There is no other reason for there to not be 7 characters.
It's true that KI does make more money on memberships and crowns but it's not all about money to not have 7 characters on a single account. There are other issues standing in the way on this matter that KI is trying to solve. How can people be encourage to open a 2nd account when many of them don't have the money to do it such as school students. I feel that's a good enough reason to add the 7 Character slot so every player is happy.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
21
I would like Wizard101 to add a 7th slot, because yeah, I would like to have all 7 schools with out paying 120 bucks for both accounts, but, I can't see them adding a 7th slot. I don't think they ever will, and it's such a shame.

~~Erin Iceheart (Level 82 )

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
46
Patrick Ravenbane on Feb 18, 2018 wrote:
It's true that KI does make more money on memberships and crowns but it's not all about money to not have 7 characters on a single account. There are other issues standing in the way on this matter that KI is trying to solve. How can people be encourage to open a 2nd account when many of them don't have the money to do it such as school students. I feel that's a good enough reason to add the 7 Character slot so every player is happy.
What other issue is standing in the way? Its obvious the screen was originally designed for 7 wizards as others have pointed out with the seats. I have a feeling it was a corporate decision to make 6. Not everyone has multiple accounts, but those that do bring extra money. Adding a 7th character might remove the incentive from some that do have a second account, which means less money. Adding a seventh slot is easy as cake for them.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1035
raumlord on Feb 18, 2018 wrote:
What other issue is standing in the way? Its obvious the screen was originally designed for 7 wizards as others have pointed out with the seats. I have a feeling it was a corporate decision to make 6. Not everyone has multiple accounts, but those that do bring extra money. Adding a 7th character might remove the incentive from some that do have a second account, which means less money. Adding a seventh slot is easy as cake for them.
As I said in my last post starting with "how can people be encouraged (incentive) to open another account when they don't have the money to do it" meaning how would KI get that extra money if players don't have it. I heard there are other issues involved and I tried to mentioned it but that part didn't go through do to the Code Of Conduct. Originally 6 was enough not meant for 7. Never trust the obvious for it doesn't always have all the details. Those extra desks we see does not necessarily mean more than 6 wizards right away but possibly in the future and for decoration . Since more and more players are requesting the 7 character slot, I heard it's in the works because KI wants Wizard101 to be enjoyable to every player possible and as long as technology and law permits. Just like any business; more costumers are happy, more will come, more money you make

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
398
KI should change the character selection interface completely. Instead of 7 we could have a lot more.

Maybe you just scroll through the names. Click on one. Poof. The character appears. From there, you have the options to play, delete, etc..

We can have a lot more then 6 that way. But I do feel there should be a max. How about a max of 12?

But of course, all of this highly unlikely as KI wants the extra $$$ from a second account. Smh.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
54
i agree because i would love to max all characters from all schools without the use of 2 accounts because who wants to pay double for membership, it's ridiculous

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
I agree w/Patrick and some others: Those who are ardent enough will make a second account regardless.

Those who cannot afford two accounts will not make two accounts regardless.
There is an in between ground, in which players who cannot pay for two subscriptions per year can still 'adopt' more than one wizard on their one account, and when they can afford it, buy things for that or those wizards.

More houses, more gear, more everything, as well as (as Patrick said) more happy customers.

The entry screen can be changed or redesigned at any time, as someone else said it doesn't even have to be the way we choose a wizard when we begin a game.

I feel people are too stuck on the notion of 'how many desks' there are.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
Patrick Ravenbane on Feb 17, 2018 wrote:
Many players can not afford 2 accounts. Those who can have a job and out of school. I ran in to several players who has 2 even 3 accounts. They're the ones who are adults and some have kids. Family members log on to each other accounts to play them at the same time. But The larger Majority of players are in school and most of them don't have a job but barely gets by with one account. That's why I also feel a 7th slot is needed since there are 7 schools and many of us wants it. 8th slot would be good too only if the game requires an even number
That's what I've always said too.

Most people cannot pay for two accounts.

There is also the hassle of having to manage two separate log-ins etc. Even those who can pay for two accounts might not want to because it's just too many wizards, or too much hassle.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
raumlord on Feb 17, 2018 wrote:
Many people have multiple accounts, especially people who are really into the game. People use them to help quest, boost themselves in PvP, etc. I've seen people with way more than just 2 accounts, just go into the commons and look for characters with the exact same name and exact same clothes standing right next to each other. KI makes money on memberships and crowns. All schools in one account means less incentive for people to make and pay for another account (vs. deleting one of their characters.) There is no other reason for there to not be 7 characters.
"There is no other reason for there to not be 7 characters."

We don't know that.

I can think of other reasons.

(Potential reasons. I have no inside info.)

Coding issues

Hiring more artists
Hiring more writers
Doing entirely new storylines

Making entirely new schools and spells

It's a lot of new work for them. If players are about 50/50 on this issue KI has no incentive to pay out more to add these things. That's why it's important to allow other players to make these points.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1035
SparkleTude on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
That's what I've always said too.

Most people cannot pay for two accounts.

There is also the hassle of having to manage two separate log-ins etc. Even those who can pay for two accounts might not want to because it's just too many wizards, or too much hassle.
Agreed, I once told myself I will not make a second account. But because my friends are not addicted to this game as much as I am and Team-up was not around 3 years ago, I had to create a 2nd account to help myself quest through Avalon and beyond. I still find it a hassle a little more difficult to play 2 accounts at once; In fact, I don't when it comes to a hard and cheating boss battle when I have to focus on one wizard for a victory win.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1035
SparkleTude on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
"There is no other reason for there to not be 7 characters."

We don't know that.

I can think of other reasons.

(Potential reasons. I have no inside info.)

Coding issues

Hiring more artists
Hiring more writers
Doing entirely new storylines

Making entirely new schools and spells

It's a lot of new work for them. If players are about 50/50 on this issue KI has no incentive to pay out more to add these things. That's why it's important to allow other players to make these points.
That is an interesting thought. What if the storyline is lock up to 6 characters and if the 7th one is created, will that wizard have a storyline to quest? Will KI have to go through the entire game to unlock everything taking so much time and man power so an additional character can quest? Maybe that is the coding issue I heard about If it is I hope it can be worked out.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
46
SparkleTude on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
"There is no other reason for there to not be 7 characters."

We don't know that.

I can think of other reasons.

(Potential reasons. I have no inside info.)

Coding issues

Hiring more artists
Hiring more writers
Doing entirely new storylines

Making entirely new schools and spells

It's a lot of new work for them. If players are about 50/50 on this issue KI has no incentive to pay out more to add these things. That's why it's important to allow other players to make these points.
>Hiring more artists
To make another character? Why would they need more art assets?

>Hiring more writers
Again, why in the world would they need to add anything? That wizard would follow the same quest as any other would.

>Doing entirely new storylines
And again, what?

>Making entirely new schools and spells
As with the previous statements, I don't think you quite understand what the point is here. The idea isnt to be adding new schools and quests, it is to allow a player to make a seventh character slot on their account so that they can play an existing school.

>Coding issues
Now i'm not a KI employee, but I can guarantee that it would be easy if not trivial to change the maximum characters to seven. They wouldn't have to redesign anything, there is already an empty chair.

The point i'm trying to make is that there ISNT anything standing in the way of them doing this. I completely agree that most people dont have multiple accounts. I am saying that SOME do, and that those people bring in extra money. If a player could have all 7 schools on an account, SOME people might not pay for other accounts, and that would be money lost.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1035
SparkleTube does have a point. We are too focused on those extra decks on the starting page and money for an excuse. Again, I believe those empty desks are for decorations and possibly character add on in the future and it's true that other issues are involved about why there is no 7th character slot yet but we don't know exactly what those issues are. Only KI knows that.

1