Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

~ The Camera and a Yearbook ~

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 18, 2010
~ The Camera and a Yearbook~
Recently I was looking over Wizard101's past newsletters and I came across a doodle boy holding a camera. And upon looking at him an idea popped in my head...

~ In the Shopping District of Wizard City where that empty shop is by Elik's Edge a new NPC could be placed. This NPC would be a Clockwork called "Flash" ((If you think there's a better name than "Flash" I'd like to hear it.)). In this shop Flash will have set up a Camera Store. Here he gives away a Camera to us. He then gives us instructions on how to use the Camera. And basically while you're walking about the Spiral you can access the Camera icon at anytime ((As long as you're not in battle, PvP, Training your Pet, Hatching a Pet, doing a Pet Derby, Trading TC, Selling/Buying Items, Gardening, Fishing, Decorating, Crafting, or in your Spell Book.)) The icon will be on the bottom right corner to the right of the Fishing Icon. Upon clicking it CTRL + G and the hiding of ALL names is immediately activated and with your arrow keys you can move the camera around the area. And using scroll you can change the Camera's angle so that you're looking down from an Aeriel, etc. And then to capture the picture you hit F12/Print Screen and it saves the screenshot in the Album which is accessed by looking in your Spell Book. You can then talk to Flash and send the pictures to him which will then be sent to KingsIsle. Now where does the Yearbook come into all of this? ~

~ Well all of the photographs you take and give to Flash are then sent to KingsIsle where they can make a "Yearbook" that showcases random pictures from around the Spiral of possibly your Wizard and other Wizard's adventures throughout the Spiral from that year. ~

~Sincerely, Umbra ShadowHunter...

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
I think this would be very interesting, although one problem with sending it to KI and having them choose photos to put in a massive yearbook, you know your going to get masses of upset people complaining about their photos not in the yearbook. I think its an awesome idea, but just with a couple minor problems in it that once are worked out will make this idea perfect . (Oh and flash is a cool name for the automaton)

Kane Stormstaf
Magus Pyromancer

Cya on the spiral

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Kane StormStaff on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
I think this would be very interesting, although one problem with sending it to KI and having them choose photos to put in a massive yearbook, you know your going to get masses of upset people complaining about their photos not in the yearbook. I think its an awesome idea, but just with a couple minor problems in it that once are worked out will make this idea perfect . (Oh and flash is a cool name for the automaton)

Kane Stormstaf
Magus Pyromancer

Cya on the spiral
~ I considered these outcomes before I wrote the post. And in result I thought that capturing and submitting photos would be like a contest. Each photo you submit has a chance of showing up in the Yearbook just like how your entry in a contest has a chance of winning you the grand prize. I believe, and apologies if this sounds harsh, that people should just accept the fact that their photo didn't show up in the yearbook and maybe it will be next year. There should be no reason to pout or be upset. Especially since the whole point of this idea is to just have fun and show other people all the fun you had. ~

~ Sincerely, Umbra ShadowHunter . . . .

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
I do love this idea, I thought of doing a yearbook project on Central a couple of years ago, but never actually started it.

Another thing, (and I am totally stealing this from another thread) is could there be a mode where you take your character out of the frame?

Haley MoonHeart, Promethan Thaumagture

Survivor
Mar 30, 2014
I think it's a great idea and I would love to have a camera to take pictures while I'm in krokatopia But I think you should get it once you complete unicorn way at least.

Emily Deathdust

Necromancer

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
purrfectgirl on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
awesome idea!!!
Thanks. ^_^

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Haley MoonHeart on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
I do love this idea, I thought of doing a yearbook project on Central a couple of years ago, but never actually started it.

Another thing, (and I am totally stealing this from another thread) is could there be a mode where you take your character out of the frame?

Haley MoonHeart, Promethan Thaumagture
~ I'm glad you love my idea and thanks for reminding moi. I wanted to discuss that. I do believe that there should be a secondary option when accessing the camera so that your character isn't in the shot. Maybe it could be accessed by using a hot-key? ~

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Siriusblack113 on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
I think it's a great idea and I would love to have a camera to take pictures while I'm in krokatopia But I think you should get it once you complete unicorn way at least.

Emily Deathdust

Necromancer
~ I didn't intend there to be any requirements when creating this idea but perhaps maybe once you're wizard is Level 8 and has access to the Shopping District then they can receive a camera. ~

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I like the idea of a yearbook. I think a better use for it would be the friends list. The "yearbook" could create a class photo of all your friends and have pages with their stats and info.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
seethe42 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
I like the idea of a yearbook. I think a better use for it would be the friends list. The "yearbook" could create a class photo of all your friends and have pages with their stats and info.
~ I originally thought about adding that to the Yearbook idea but I figured it would be to much work for KI and the collage of photos would replace having to add every wizard in. As for the pages about their stats and info... you're talking about what school they are, their name, and their level, right? ~

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Emerald9649 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
~ I originally thought about adding that to the Yearbook idea but I figured it would be to much work for KI and the collage of photos would replace having to add every wizard in. As for the pages about their stats and info... you're talking about what school they are, their name, and their level, right? ~

Yeah, title, character stats, pet talents, equipped gear... all that stuff. You can see it from the player list but it could be done in a better way in the form of a yearbook. Generating a class photo of all your friends wouldn't really take any work. The database knows what their gear looks like. All it would do is take that data and put all your friends into a big group photo, maybe to screenshot for a desktop or download, whatever.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
I promise I was just thinking about this not to long ago. I was like "I wish I could take pictures and then hang them on my castle wall." I am loving this idea.