Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your favorite things about Wizard101 in general.

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
Every so often we get a plethora of topics that are generally negative in nature and focus on the bad parts of the game. Well now it's about time we direct all of that energy into focusing on the positives of the game instead. They can be about anything from the minors to the majors: the skies the limit.

I'll start us off. Here are some of the things that I personally think are positives about the game (in no particular order of course):

1. The voice acting: to me it feels like every single world gets better and better with the voice acting. From the often serious nature of Old Cob/Grandfather Spider to the lighthearted/goofy natures of Ozzy and Istar, you can tell that the VA's really put allot into delivering the personalities of the characters in ways that simple text just cannot do.

2. World Design: Like with the voice acting every world gets better from a design aspect. From the apocalyptic wasteland of Dragonspyre to the underwater city of Atlant-I mean Celestia, the designers do a good job in making each world feel unique in its own way.

3. Spell designs: Say what you want about them but you have to admit that they're pretty unique. From the silly nature of Catch of the Day to the majestic Sun Serpent, the designs get more and more interesting with each new expansion, even if some of them are either hit or miss from time to time.

Your turn.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Wizard101 has been a monumental game that has impacted the lives of all players who play the game. The game not only teaches us Math (Damage Calculation)
Or English (The many puns, sarcasm etc. used commonly by NPC's within the game)
Or Chemistry (When we had to derive that portion from various reagents/ingredients in The Wild)

But that game also teaches us love, how be helpful, how to show kindness to one another among other things and embraces these characteristics to form loving and memorable relationships among one another. - This is one of my and I'm sure many other's favorite aspects of the game.

Graphics - Sure, the game doesn't have any GTA V Graphics but many of us can see a honest effort made at the graphics the designers try to emulate within the game, and you know what? I like it!

Creativity - The creativity seen throughout the archs of the story is on point. Sure, some may be a little cheesy but, the game get this right in many aspects and is often over looked.

They're of course many other aspects that I'm sure many others will highlight below.

But all in all, we shouldn't just highlight the bad/uncomforting aspects of the game.
The fact is, the game exist and without it, many of us wouldn't have met the great friends we've today. It helps us to connect with people sometimes halfway across the world and have fun while doing it!

Again, the Development Team that crafted this great arch must be better than Champion Crafters because this recipe was a good one!

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
The little pop culture references are always a lot of fun.
But also, most games I've played take away perfectly good mechanics to replace it with things no one wants, which starts to ruin games.
No matter how many changes W101 makes, they don't take away things, they just improve.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
How the game is storyline based and how it gets better after Celestia.

If Wizard101 was a game with just fighting and levelling up, I would not a doubt *not* play it, that feels way too repetitive. But the game has a massive thing going with it. Of course, tis' be the storyline. The storyline is pretty stale up until Celestia when heat starts to fire, but it's still good.

I like making sure to read everything from the main storyline so I can understand what in the world is going on. However, there are some people who literally skims through the dialogue and just want to level up as fast as possible. Okay, there's nothing wrong with that, but I feel as the storyline literally puts you in the wizard's shoes because you get a full-front 1st person point of view of what's happening around you. This is proven different in some games. (I don't know if I'm allowed to say other MMO game names, if not, just remove them) Games like ToonTown and POTCO had a mild storyline, but I don't find it very interesting because there is little to no voice acting and each character you make has different "tasks". I'm not saying different isn't better, but in this case what makes Wizard101 better is the uniqueness of choosing another school. I'm very happy about if you max out a wizard with a specific school and start a new wizard, it's almost completely different because of your school's quest, unique quests from other people because of your specific school, etc. It just brings a whole new uniqueness to the game.

That is the one big reason why I truly love Wizard101 as a whole. I've played Wizard101 for what, 8 years? Yeah, 8 years. Of course, it's been on and off for me, not having a membership to continue and whatnot. But now I have every area in the game up until Zafaria with 80k crowns leftover to buy the rest of the game. That is how dedicated and willing I am to this game and I simply hope it never stops bringing joy to the families.

(1)

Hero
May 02, 2009
Another thing I like is the variety of mounts available in the game. While I would obviously like for more permanent ones to be available for gold as well as crowns the variety is still nice. I also love the transformation elixirs in the game and wish there were more available to us to use and for longer than an hour as well.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2016
I love the community! The people you interact with every day, the challenge, the story, finding new things.

I love everything about this game good and bad because this game has been a huge part of muy life for a very long time, and i hope it stays that way.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Star Edward on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
Wizard101 has been a monumental game that has impacted the lives of all players who play the game. The game not only teaches us Math (Damage Calculation)
Or English (The many puns, sarcasm etc. used commonly by NPC's within the game)
Or Chemistry (When we had to derive that portion from various reagents/ingredients in The Wild)

But that game also teaches us love, how be helpful, how to show kindness to one another among other things and embraces these characteristics to form loving and memorable relationships among one another. - This is one of my and I'm sure many other's favorite aspects of the game.

Graphics - Sure, the game doesn't have any GTA V Graphics but many of us can see a honest effort made at the graphics the designers try to emulate within the game, and you know what? I like it!

Creativity - The creativity seen throughout the archs of the story is on point. Sure, some may be a little cheesy but, the game get this right in many aspects and is often over looked.

They're of course many other aspects that I'm sure many others will highlight below.

But all in all, we shouldn't just highlight the bad/uncomforting aspects of the game.
The fact is, the game exist and without it, many of us wouldn't have met the great friends we've today. It helps us to connect with people sometimes halfway across the world and have fun while doing it!

Again, the Development Team that crafted this great arch must be better than Champion Crafters because this recipe was a good one!

Clearly you've never taken a Chemistry class

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It is a nice community because the moderators actually do what most moderators of online communities do not do: They keep things nice.

I have been in internet communities in which a clique dominates the message boards or community. The clique members would be outright cruel and mean and bully others and the hired moderators would ignore it. Worse, the clique would eventually be promoted to citizen leaders of said board or community. It was just unbelievable to watch. They'd drive off new members constantly and yet get promoted and rewarded for it. I mean they could be vicious and their victim would post how hurt they were - the mean posts were not deleted and nothing was done, so people constantly left.

Heaven help anyone who expressed an opinion in some of those forums if it went contrary to the clique opinion. It was awful. I decided I don't need the aggravation. Very few online communities are any different than that, sadly.

The same is true of the game itself. It is not violent or mean or gory - I like that a lot. I think there is a reason it attracts both very young and "older" gamers and that is because both just want a safe space to enjoy themselves in a fun and light hearted way. There are games for super competitive or aggressive personalities too and that's fine. I'm not among them.

I like it here because it's nice, it's fun, and as for the actual game:

It has very cute art. I like the wit in the puns in names and places in the game. I like that we have events. I like that the staff are involved in the community and seem to enjoy themselves here. I like that visible presence. I like that the game play is pretty easy to understand. I like the music. The locations often are breathtaking. I love MooShu and its atmosphere and music.

I love the pets and the fact we can buy a house and own it outright - no hidden ongoing fees. In another game I played you could buy land and a house but then had to pay ongoing fees to keep it. OK long enough post. Outta space.

Survivor
May 01, 2016
How do I get the Arcanum apartment caste? Or to unlock Arcanum apartment caste to me I'm on level 115 now/?

Survivor
May 01, 2016
Arcanum apartment caste

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
You're right! We all need to take the time and acknowledge the positive side of Wizard101!

My list in no particular order:

- I just have to agree with you, the voice acting is AMAZING!
I have nothing else to say ~

- Storyline
The storyline is really very interesting.
In the future i'd like to be left off with less cliffhangers ;)

- References
The amount of references in the game is hilarious!

- The Wizard101 Community! The Wizard101 Community is amazing! Sure, they are a few bad players here and there but other wise the Wizard101 Community deserves 5 stars in my opinion!

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Turn Based System - I've played many of these, but haven't been so in touch with one that really has it's own unique design.

Spells - So many spells that you don't think they can make anything better....until they do lol! Keep it up KI!

Wizards of all ages - Who cares how old you are? You're a wizard! Yeah!

The Wu Realm - I have never in my entire live of gaming ever experienced such an odd display of online, human, interaction. It is both glorious and terrifying.

The Wizard City Shopping District - Wu Realm is CURSED with the most bizarre wizards you have ever witnessed.
You have been warned.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 80+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
thelastdiviner on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
Turn Based System - I've played many of these, but haven't been so in touch with one that really has it's own unique design.

Spells - So many spells that you don't think they can make anything better....until they do lol! Keep it up KI!

Wizards of all ages - Who cares how old you are? You're a wizard! Yeah!

The Wu Realm - I have never in my entire live of gaming ever experienced such an odd display of online, human, interaction. It is both glorious and terrifying.

The Wizard City Shopping District - Wu Realm is CURSED with the most bizarre wizards you have ever witnessed.
You have been warned.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 80+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)
Lol.

The Wu realm is very interesting...

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Things I love about Wizard101:

Housing!! - No game does it better.

Gardening! - Crafting and pet training are sooo much better now that we can grow plants and harvest them for reagents, pet snacks, treasure cards, gold, etc.

Puns & Pop Culture references! - They're everywhere and they're beautiful.

Turn-based combat. - Tried melee style in another game and when a hoard of angry cave-worms ganged up on me, the massive dose of adrenaline was quite ... unpleasant. Yeah, introverts and adrenaline don't mix.

Mirage!! - The NPCs are hilarious, and their movements and animations have come so far since the olden days in Wizard City. Overhearing the 'conversations' taking place between the camels in Caravan is fun: "I don't care how many ways there are, I have no interest in ever skinning a cat! Gross!" Or, "And I told him to carry his own hump." In a world populated by camels and cats, this stuff is hilarious.

Polaris, too, because the scenery and sky is just so stunning.

Archaeology! The Marleybonians are really into it. Krok was a one big dig complete with an Indiana Jones moment (the only thing missing from the Map Room was snakes!) and then there was that lecture in Celestia about context. Somebody on the writing staff has a degree in Archaeology, that's all I'm saying.

Thanks to all the lovely KingsIsle folks for giving us such a complex game, with so many amazing facets to explore.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
As a software developer I am constantly amazed at how much work and content is in this game. So many varied ways to do things, so much artwork, so much variety. I've been playing with the family since 2008 and the game is still going strong.