Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wyrven mount

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I have spent over $100 buying gold to purchase wyrven packs to get the Wyrven mount, I am very sad to say I havent gotten it yet! How many packs or money do I need to spend before I get this mount in which I want in the worse way, I get the same thing over and over again, i have three permanent wing mounts for two of my characters and no wyrven mount yet....so disappointed.....you have no idea kingisle

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
abbeyhunter1962 wrote:
I have spent over $100 buying gold to purchase wyrven packs to get the Wyrven mount, I am very sad to say I havent gotten it yet! How many packs or money do I need to spend before I get this mount in which I want in the worse way, I get the same thing over and over again, i have three permanent wing mounts for two of my characters and no wyrven mount yet....so disappointed.....you have no idea kingisle

Buying gold to purchase the Wyvern mount? The pack is crowns only. But that is a lot of money to spend on just that pack. And not even get the wyvern mount? Wow, KingsIsle has made people waste more money than I thought on those packs. That's sad.

SMH

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I genuinely feel your pain. That is the unfortunate downside to "chance."
It took me 30,000 crowns worth wyvern hoard packs to obtain my first wyvern mount.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
It is simply luck. I have not bought a pack for a couple of weeks. I did last night hoping to get another pair of Perm. Fairy Wings. I got the Golden Wyvern. I would suggest quit trying. Just buy one once and while for fun. Your luck just might change. I wish we could trade. Megan

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I meant crowns sorry, but neither hre nor there it is alot of cash I spent to buy the crowns to get the wyrven pack that yieled more trees and seeds, I got a few nice things...but not what I was wanting, I will take your suggestions and call it a day. thank you

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
abbeyhunter1962 wrote:

i feel your pain same here i have sopent well over a hundred dolarrs buying crowns and still no Wrven mount either lol though on the bright side i have about four sets of all the gear and the teleporters.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
You simply devoted too much time and money into this mount. You should have saved the money for something else, or some Mega-Snack Packs. Instead of blowing all your money on a mount that's gonna get you dragged into a ton of battles, just spend little by little.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
OK nobody kill me please but I got the bone dragon on my first try I was really happy about this but when I watched my friend get more and more packs I felt bad for her... She spent maybe $80 on gift cards for crowns and I gifted her about 11 packs and still no bone dragon.

As for the wyvern's hoard? It's pretty much the same case. Although this time instead of the mount the best things I got were 2 tree stumps. Evene though they did match my house's theme I still wanted the mount.

I'm not saying Kingsisle should guaruntee a mount on every hoard; All I'm saying is that they should increase the CHANCE of getting a wyvern.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
:( I'm with you, I've spent 120.00 for my grandaughter to get the black wyvern mount. I did get a mount after spending 60.00 but haven't seen a mount since. I'm just about to go over that 60.00 amount again. We're an older group that I hang with...that is most of us are over 50 and have a lot of fun playing. Now and then my grand daughter is with me and has eyes for that black one. Was talking with my other friends and some of us had thought perhaps they dropped the wyvern mounts from the packs since they've not been able to get a mount either.
Sure, you can get antsy for that special mount of item in the packs but I'm finding far more people who are NOT getting a mount after spending big bucks and some more than I have. Chance ? Sure chance plays a big part in it, but something is amiss when several of us are spending over 100.00 for something that seems to be non existant.
It would make it more gratifying that there'd be a certain percentage by the number of purchases made. Watching my girls smile fade while the pocket book does too sure gives a double whammy to us die hard players who think or thought they had the chances at a fair rate and not like the cons at the fair that comes through to make a killing.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
Greyfeathers wrote:
:( I'm with you, I've spent 120.00 for my grandaughter to get the black wyvern mount. I did get a mount after spending 60.00 but haven't seen a mount since. I'm just about to go over that 60.00 amount again. We're an older group that I hang with...that is most of us are over 50 and have a lot of fun playing. Now and then my grand daughter is with me and has eyes for that black one. Was talking with my other friends and some of us had thought perhaps they dropped the wyvern mounts from the packs since they've not been able to get a mount either.
Sure, you can get antsy for that special mount of item in the packs but I'm finding far more people who are NOT getting a mount after spending big bucks and some more than I have. Chance ? Sure chance plays a big part in it, but something is amiss when several of us are spending over 100.00 for something that seems to be non existant.
It would make it more gratifying that there'd be a certain percentage by the number of purchases made. Watching my girls smile fade while the pocket book does too sure gives a double whammy to us die hard players who think or thought they had the chances at a fair rate and not like the cons at the fair that comes through to make a killing.

can you tell me where or what realm normally older players go,thank you

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
Greyfeathers wrote:

I would like to say that I spent around 90$ [90000 crowns] and only got a Jade. I wanted Night, cloud or at least fire. The last 30000 crowns I managed to get 3 Gold IN A ROW... and 2 fire. Its all about luck. I might try again in the future but they could just fork over the mount for an extravagant amount of gold and be done with the middle man.

I bought the pack for one wyvern, specifically the night one. I got 5 that were not what I really wanted in terms of color choice...

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sibarian wrote:
I would like to say that I spent around 90$ [90000 crowns] and only got a Jade. I wanted Night, cloud or at least fire. The last 30000 crowns I managed to get 3 Gold IN A ROW... and 2 fire. Its all about luck. I might try again in the future but they could just fork over the mount for an extravagant amount of gold and be done with the middle man.

I bought the pack for one wyvern, specifically the night one. I got 5 that were not what I really wanted in terms of color choice...

At least you told the rest of us, which mounts are more rare.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
I've found, when left to chance, the odds of getting any specific item from these packs are minimal, at best. On top of these mounts being rare, there are many other common items, and odds get worse if you're looking for a specific color. I really don't think there's anything fishy going on, just really low odds of getting one. I'm willing to bet there's less than a 10% chance of getting a mount.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Cudos to everybody! I thought I was the only one! If we get enough comments on here we may get KI to change it?

NOTE: Woah, that is going hard. We are going to have to get something like 20 pages on this topic if we want KI to even THINK about this. Keep making big speeches (Im talking to you, Greyfeathers!) And make sure you copy this post often so it dosent get locked (I think it starts at something like 7 or 8 pages.)

Tips for people on a budget:

Sell something. Lemonade does good and is popular. You may also take the time to craft figurines to sell for Smackaroos!
Selling something REAL big on Ebay does REALLY good and you may want to try selling cookies and stuff along with your lemonade, juice, exetera

Here ill even set you up! :

Lemonade:

Big cup: 7-10 bucks

Medium cup: 5-8 bucks

Small cup: 3-5 bucks

Cookies:

Choclate Chip: 1-5 bucks

Raisin: 2-6 bucks

Sprinkles: 3-5 bucks

Combo cookie: 5 bucks 3 more cookies if you pass a test about W101.

This is big and getting glitchy so ill list more tomorrow.

Cheerio!

Main Work: Roslyn Jadesword Novice life

Defender
May 18, 2009
abbeyhunter1962 wrote:

Yeah I feel your pain, but some how I got the golden wyvern the first time

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
psychic987 wrote:
I've found, when left to chance, the odds of getting any specific item from these packs are minimal, at best. On top of these mounts being rare, there are many other common items, and odds get worse if you're looking for a specific color. I really don't think there's anything fishy going on, just really low odds of getting one. I'm willing to bet there's less than a 10% chance of getting a mount.

its much less than 10% trust me... I'm still trying to get a cloud or at LEAST night wyvern...

So far the rarity from most to least I have seen...

1-2.) Night / Cloud
3.) Fire
4.) Jade
5.) Gold

Going from what I have most, to least. Though these could be chances but these are what I find more often than not. Jade and fire go back and forth for me. But i have at least 7 gold, 3 jades, and 3 fires. I just got the fire one after a string of golds... I... want... night or cloud! dang :|

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
Same here bought about 35 wyvern packs , no mount lotta trees n other stuff , fairy wings lol

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
We're going to wait for the Wyvern packs to go on sale like the dragon packs did. I looked at our crown history, and we bought 37 dragon packs all at 199c each.

We never got the Bone Dragon mount, but did end up with about 5 dragon wing mounts, a Sea Dragon who turned out to have 3 awesome talents, and a bunch of stuff that sold for lots of gold.

So we dropped 7363c and got way more than that back. The Sea Dragon alone sells for over 12000c if I recall. This has also shown me that buying gold with crowns is a bad idea. The conversion ratio is off. I got way more out of my 7363c buying dragon packs than I would have converting it to gold.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Wow, having read them past posts, I consider myself EXREMELY lucky.

After spending about 30,000 crowns worth on packs, I got my first wyvern, the Jade Wyvern. My second wyvern out of the first set of 60,000 crowns was a Fire wyvern. My last wyvern I got before my 60,000 crowns ran out was the Night wyvern.

So, in a 60,000 crown set, I got three differently colored wyverns. My goal was to get the last 2. So I went ahead and spent about 15,000 more crowns.

From those 15,000 crowns, I got the Cloud wyvern, followed by the Gold wyvern. I got one more final Gold wyvern out of my last remaining crowns.
The fact that I got a wyvern of every single color back to back, leaves me stoked. My second Gold wyvern is now running around in my 'forest' surrounding my Storm house.

My Myth wizard rides the Gold wyvern, my Fire wizard rides the Fire wyvern. My Storm wizard has both the Cloud and Night wyvern, but matching my Storm wizard's color scheme, I ride the Night wyvern. I switch to the Cloud wyvern just for the heck of it, or to show it off.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
i wanted a wyvern mount i spent all the crowns i had at that time which was only 5000 to try and get it but i got a permanent fairy wings and fairy wings for a week KI make the odds of getting the mount a little easier plz we dont have the money to waste on that many crowns well not most of us anyway

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
i am also tired of spending my crowns to get a mount and ending up with only a bunch of useless trees! i would be happy to even get fairy wings at this point.. i got a unicorn pet that has been about the best thing from those packs and i can buy them with gold.. they arent even good pets..i mean come on!! i have spent 20,000 crowns and all i have to show for it is trees...i think i am gonna stop even trying to get it..i understand you have to try several times..but its getting rediculous now!