Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

Wow that was boring!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
345
Wow that was boring!
Ok no offence but the Sleana Gomez quest was one word: BORING. Here are the resons why.
1. it was super short
2. it was super easy
3. if you already did the quest the next time you log on it tells you to do it again
4. the enemys had like NO heath.
5. the boss only had about 320 heath. Really? I could kill him in one shot ( because i'm a level 39 life wizard)
6. Selena was a little mean
7. there are so many bad things about it
8. it was boring
Now there are SOME goods things. Here they are.
1. you got to listen to good music
2. you got to go to a cool place( and i mean really cool)
3. you got some cool stuff (tresure cards, Selena stuff, gold)
4. you got to see Selena in coumputer anamation
So I wish it would of been somewhere hard like marleybone or mooshu. The enemys had 120 - 220 or something like that. They need to make hard for higher level wizards. This is where the quest should be.
Level 6-10 : wizard city
Level 11-20 : krokotopia
Level 21-30 : grizzleheim
Level 30-35 : marleybone
Level 36-40 : mooshu
Level 40-50 : dragonsprye
You should earn at least 2 levels during the quest. And a lot of gold. I mean your helping a pop star get home you have to get a lot. And the boss should have this much heath:
Level 6-10 : boss has 700 heath
Level 11-20 : boss has 1,500 heath
Level 21-30 : boss has 2,000 heath
Level 30-35 : boss has 2,600 heath
Level 35-40 : boss has 3,200 heath
Level 40-50 : boss has 6,000 heath
So I just did not like it. But it was cool that a teenage pop star was in wizard101.

Moderator
Re: Wow that was boring!
Look, the Selena Gomez quest was designed to be done at level 6. If you did it with your level 50, what did you expect?
Try doing it solo with a level 6 and let us know if you still think it was too easy.
It's not a required quest, therefore you do not need to repeat the quest on other characters.
This quest may not stay in the Spiral forever, so those who wish to do it to receive the rewards should do so soon.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
43
Re: Wow that was boring!
you tell it like it is zeke i loved the quest and had a lot of fun doing it.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
64
Re: Wow that was boring!
She called me short. At that moment, I wanted to say, " Good luck on your marriage. "



Btw, why ARE we so short? :(

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1204
Re: Wow that was boring!
it was a marketing campaign, as such it was designed to be a low level quest so that the largest amount of players would be reached and exposed to it... would have been nice if such a campaign had different difficulty levels based upon character levels... that is to say everything would be about the same but the higher level players climbing down the rope would go to a different oponent strength area than characters of lower levels

all in all, I support these marketing quests, but think they would be more effective if character levels were taken into consideration, the more challenging and entertaining to players the more impactful the campaign will essentially be, such campaigns in the future should have three different difficulty levels

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
234
Re: Wow that was boring!
melcookie925 wrote:
Ok no offence but the Sleana Gomez quest was one word: BORING. Here are the resons why.
1. it was super short
2. it was super easy
3. if you already did the quest the next time you log on it tells you to do it again
4. the enemys had like NO heath.
5. the boss only had about 320 heath. Really? I could kill him in one shot ( because i'm a level 39 life wizard)
6. Selena was a little mean
7. there are so many bad things about it
8. it was boring
Now there are SOME goods things. Here they are.
1. you got to listen to good music
2. you got to go to a cool place( and i mean really cool)
3. you got some cool stuff (tresure cards, Selena stuff, gold)
4. you got to see Selena in coumputer anamation
So I wish it would of been somewhere hard like marleybone or mooshu. The enemys had 120 - 220 or something like that. They need to make hard for higher level wizards. This is where the quest should be.
Level 6-10 : wizard city
Level 11-20 : krokotopia
Level 21-30 : grizzleheim
Level 30-35 : marleybone
Level 36-40 : mooshu
Level 40-50 : dragonsprye
You should earn at least 2 levels during the quest. And a lot of gold. I mean your helping a pop star get home you have to get a lot. And the boss should have this much heath:
Level 6-10 : boss has 700 heath
Level 11-20 : boss has 1,500 heath
Level 21-30 : boss has 2,000 heath
Level 30-35 : boss has 2,600 heath
Level 35-40 : boss has 3,200 heath
Level 40-50 : boss has 6,000 heath
So if your planning on doing the Selena Gomez quest, DON'T. You'll just wast your time.
thats just your opinion

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
171
Re: Wow that was boring!
I enjoyed the quest – all 30 times – multiple accounts.

I like the action of swimming and a preview to a new world to explore.

Besides the rewards are great! You can always sell the portrait and the statue for a good amount of gold at the cost of little time and effort. You can put the items in your shared bank, so that one wizard in the account can sell all of the portraits and statues and buy things that you need or want. :D

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Defender
May 18, 2009
122
Re: Wow that was boring!
I have to admit it was a little boring. A little easy. A little short. But I think the portrait and the statue looks great in my castle! And it was a great preview to Celestia!

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
251
Re: Wow that was boring!
I liked the quest. I can say with out a doubt that I will get her cd just because of it . I loved the song at the start of the quest. Thanks KI!

Ellie

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
175
Re: Wow that was boring!
It's a fun L-6 quest.
Super-short and easy is fine since it is a marketing quest.
And it's primarily targeted to kids, so I would hope it would not be very challenging for adults.

In.
Out.
See Selena.
Hear her music.
Get a Selena poster and statue.

Very nice promotion.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
38
Re: Wow that was boring!
melcookie925 wrote:
Ok no offence but the Selena Gomez quest was one word: BORING. Here are the reasons why.
1. it was super short
2. it was super easy
3. if you already did the quest the next time you log on it tells you to do it again
4. the enemies had like NO heath.
5. the boss only had about 320 heath. Really? I could kill him in one shot ( because I'm a level 39 life wizard)
6. Selena was a little mean
7. there are so many bad things about it
8. it was boring
Now there are SOME goods things. Here they are.
1. you got to listen to good music
2. you got to go to a cool place( and i mean really cool)
3. you got some cool stuff (treasure cards, Selena stuff, gold)
4. you got to see Selena in computer animation
So I wish it would of been somewhere hard like MarleyBone or MooShu. The enemies had 120 - 220 or something like that. They need to make hard for higher level wizards. This is where the quest should be.
Level 6-10 : wizard city
Level 11-20 : KrokoTopia
Level 21-30 : GrizzleHeim
Level 30-35 : MarleyBone
Level 36-40 : MooShu
Level 40-50 : DragonSpyre
You should earn at least 2 levels during the quest. And a lot of gold. I mean your helping a pop star get home you have to get a lot. And the boss should have this much heath:
Level 6-10 : boss has 700 heath
Level 11-20 : boss has 1,500 heath
Level 21-30 : boss has 2,000 heath
Level 30-35 : boss has 2,600 heath
Level 35-40 : boss has 3,200 heath
Level 40-50 : boss has 6,000 heath
So if your planning on doing the Selena Gomez quest, DON'T. You'll just wast your time.


Hey, look, it's NOT A REQUIRED QUEST! You don't have to do the quest! She isn't going to be there forever so why should KI spend their time trying to make different levels of difficulty? Do YOU know how busy they are??? No offense. This message is probably not going to be posted. Sorry I got mad.
~Miranda JadeBlossom
Master Theurgist

Survivor
May 23, 2009
8
Re: Wow that was boring!
you know that was a fun thing to do becuas i put the stace right in my pet pen and they LOVE IT worth it have a good time wizard

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
155
Re: Wow that was boring!
I repeated the quest on different characters (yea some are level 50) simply because it was so beautiful!

It is also a bit of a challenge to get down the street without getting caught in a battle.

The dance at the end left me laughing out loud.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
41
Re: Wow that was boring!
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Look, the Selena Gomez quest was designed to be done at level 6. If you did it with your level 50, what did you expect?
Try doing it solo with a level 6 and let us know if you still think it was too easy.
It's not a required quest, therefore you do not need to repeat the quest on other characters.
This quest may not stay in the Spiral forever, so those who wish to do it to receive the rewards should do so soon.


ok, no offense to KI or W101, but i did the quest with my level 6 and still killed the boss with one hit, so.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
10
Re: Wow that was boring!
brytenshynee wrote:
She called me short. At that moment, I wanted to say, " Good luck on your marriage. "



Btw, why ARE we so short? :(


LOL I know!
I'm a pretty tall person so it's funny that I am so short in the game. Me and my friend were just talking about how in the game we all have the same exact height. Wizard101 just one new idea to consider: When we make our characters it would be cool to decide your own height.

Now that I got that out, back to the topic! Zeke was right you didnt have to do the quest. But you got free stuff and made a few quick coins. It took me like ten minutes and probably the same for you melcookie925. I think the purpose of Wizard101 is to kill some time and have fun fighting monsters virtually so whether or not you were completing that quest you would have been wasting your time in another world. You get to swim there you can't swim anywhere else in the Spiral! Next time look at the positives.

MadisonDayflower
Myth

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
258
Re: Wow that was boring!
Bulbasaur10 wrote:
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Look, the Selena Gomez quest was designed to be done at level 6. If you did it with your level 50, what did you expect?
Try doing it solo with a level 6 and let us know if you still think it was too easy.
It's not a required quest, therefore you do not need to repeat the quest on other characters.
This quest may not stay in the Spiral forever, so those who wish to do it to receive the rewards should do so soon.


ok, no offense to KI or W101, but i did the quest with my level 6 and still killed the boss with one hit, so.


How did you do it.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
94
Re: Wow that was boring!
I suppose if you brought a pet from another character, then yah you could. If you did it by school spells only, then I fail to see how a lvl 6 wil score over 300 with a hit unless you spent the gold for a treasure card.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
16
Re: Wow that was boring!
She called me short. At that moment, I wanted to say, " Good luck on your marriage. "

LOL, I liked that line. I think it was a nod to Star Wars, personally. When Luke rescues Leia in the first movie her first words to him are, "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

And I have to chime in and say that I had no problem with how easy or how short it was. As Zeke pointed out, it's geared for Level 6 and above - What did you expect?

Thanks for a fun little diversion while we eagerly await Celestia, KI!



Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
64
Re: Wow that was boring!
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Look, the Selena Gomez quest was designed to be done at level 6. If you did it with your level 50, what did you expect?
Try doing it solo with a level 6 and let us know if you still think it was too easy.
It's not a required quest, therefore you do not need to repeat the quest on other characters.
This quest may not stay in the Spiral forever, so those who wish to do it to receive the rewards should do so soon.


Ooh!! somebody made Prospector Zeke grumpy...
Don't be grumpy, Prospector Zeke! :)

I liked the quest! I thought it was great! There was dancing, and swimming and fish involved. Selena Gomez sang, and there were unique drops.
I thought it was too cool. Ty, KI.

Hero
May 27, 2009
756
Re: Wow that was boring!
At level 6, you've gotten the Seraph card from Lady Oriel (normally), so it's conceivable you could use that on the boss. Of course, you'd need to survive long enough to collect the four pips....

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
77
Re: Wow that was boring!
I actually had a lot of fun on the quest. And i did get some really cool stuff from it. Yes, I have to admit it was VERY easy but still fun. And I understand why it was easy. It was a very cool preview for Celestia. And swimming was really cool. And she didnt seem mean to me. Just a little stressed out. And yea, we are a little bit short in the game.

- Josh Dragonbreeze LvL 42 Pyromancer

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
77
Re: Wow that was boring!
melcookie925 wrote:
Ok no offence but the Sleana Gomez quest was one word: BORING. Here are the resons why.
1. it was super short
2. it was super easy
3. if you already did the quest the next time you log on it tells you to do it again
4. the enemys had like NO heath.
5. the boss only had about 320 heath. Really? I could kill him in one shot ( because i'm a level 39 life wizard)
6. Selena was a little mean
7. there are so many bad things about it
8. it was boring
Now there are SOME goods things. Here they are.
1. you got to listen to good music
2. you got to go to a cool place( and i mean really cool)
3. you got some cool stuff (tresure cards, Selena stuff, gold)
4. you got to see Selena in coumputer anamation
So I wish it would of been somewhere hard like marleybone or mooshu. The enemys had 120 - 220 or something like that. They need to make hard for higher level wizards. This is where the quest should be.
Level 6-10 : wizard city
Level 11-20 : krokotopia
Level 21-30 : grizzleheim
Level 30-35 : marleybone
Level 36-40 : mooshu
Level 40-50 : dragonsprye
You should earn at least 2 levels during the quest. And a lot of gold. I mean your helping a pop star get home you have to get a lot. And the boss should have this much heath:
Level 6-10 : boss has 700 heath
Level 11-20 : boss has 1,500 heath
Level 21-30 : boss has 2,000 heath
Level 30-35 : boss has 2,600 heath
Level 35-40 : boss has 3,200 heath
Level 40-50 : boss has 6,000 heath
So if your planning on doing the Selena Gomez quest, DON'T. You'll just wast your time.

Dude, like Zeke said, the quest was open to wizards that are lvl 6 and over. I know, it was easy for me to cause people could do it at lvl 6 so, yea lol. Also like Zeke said, try doing it with a lvl 6 wizard, its hard for them lol

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
194
Re: Wow that was boring!
Geez dont be mean they were entertaining us okay so dont be mean at least you got some lvling up for it Wizard101 was still doing a good job and it was actually kinda fun you got cool stuff like a statue a potrait and gold and ALLOT MORE so i think it was intresting to do so dont blame Wizard101 for this okay just saying :D well anyways Selena Gomez was so cool at the end on the Round and Round scene well thats all i gotta say

Your Wizard,

Cole Stormspear

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
261
Re: Wow that was boring!
Death gets their blade and trap at level 7. Storm can get a lucky shot with Lightening Bats. Fire can lay down a Fire Elf and then while waiting for the damage to unfold heal with Pixie.

You know, you can keep on creating new characters, get to level 6, do the quest, get 2500 for the picture and 2500 for the statue, and two Tough and One Monstrous.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
1
Re: Wow that was boring!
I have 6 grandmasters and they all did the quest. I had a good time each time. My kids have done it multiple times on their wizards also. This quest was designed for entertainment for all. If you want a challange, remove all your gear and empty your deck. Blaze through the quest using only level 1 clothes and wand spells.