Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Stereotypes that need to stop!

1
AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 05, 2013
156
This is a list of stereotypes that i often see on wizard101, if you think of another please comment it!

Life Wizards will always heal-
Alright, I often see myself fall into this trap, because that's what life's are made for. In reality, though, there are many life wizards out there that prefer to hit rather then heal, and have nearly almost no outgoing heal.

Storm Wizards will always have the best damage, gear, etc. and in turn: hit-
Although this may be true for many storm's, it isn't always the case. I've seen multiple storms with avalon gear at max, and they were perfectly happy with it. I have also seen max storm's get bullied for not having darkmoor gear which is unacceptable. Each player has their own strategy and you can't force one on them.

Balance Wizards are utility machines-
Me, being a balance wizard, have this happen to me often. I often have the highest damage in a group of four (105, only beating me if it is a storm or they have a great pet), yet someone who has forty less damage then me will want me to blade and trap because I am a balance and that's what I have to do. Well if I have better damage, I am hitting so deal with it!

People with crown items have crowns-
Just because someone has a crowns mount or crowns gear doesn't mean they have crowns. Someone could have gifted it to them or they bought it with gold. You really shouldn't be begging to them, or anybody for that fact.

People with great pets will hatch with you-
Just because someone has a triple damage and double critical pet doesn't mean they will hatch. There are many reasons that could be why, but begging isn't going to get you that hatch you want.

Max levels have beat the game(and similar scenarios)-
Just because someone has a high level doesn't mean they are in the according world (110=polaris, 30=marley, 60=celestia). So stop begging for help and asking for them to bring you to [insert world area here].

Those are some wizard101 stereotypes I often find, how about you? tell me below!

Alexander Dragondreamer110
Alexander Stormdreamer25

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2121
Ice has the best health and defense, so should ALWAYS tank
Death has feint for free, so should always use that
fire should always hit, unless there is a storm

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
116
Myth always has pierce on hand immediately, and cannot do anything else besides shatter.

Hero
Nov 22, 2015
766
All Storm wizards use Tempest.

I hate this stereotype.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
247
Menu Chat players don't know how to play the game.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
415
XaZeRs on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
This is a list of stereotypes that i often see on wizard101, if you think of another please comment it!

Life Wizards will always heal-
Alright, I often see myself fall into this trap, because that's what life's are made for. In reality, though, there are many life wizards out there that prefer to hit rather then heal, and have nearly almost no outgoing heal.

Storm Wizards will always have the best damage, gear, etc. and in turn: hit-
Although this may be true for many storm's, it isn't always the case. I've seen multiple storms with avalon gear at max, and they were perfectly happy with it. I have also seen max storm's get bullied for not having darkmoor gear which is unacceptable. Each player has their own strategy and you can't force one on them.

Balance Wizards are utility machines-
Me, being a balance wizard, have this happen to me often. I often have the highest damage in a group of four (105, only beating me if it is a storm or they have a great pet), yet someone who has forty less damage then me will want me to blade and trap because I am a balance and that's what I have to do. Well if I have better damage, I am hitting so deal with it!

People with crown items have crowns-
Just because someone has a crowns mount or crowns gear doesn't mean they have crowns. Someone could have gifted it to them or they bought it with gold. You really shouldn't be begging to them, or anybody for that fact.

People with great pets will hatch with you-
Just because someone has a triple damage and double critical pet doesn't mean they will hatch. There are many reasons that could be why, but begging isn't going to get you that hatch you want.

Max levels have beat the game(and similar scenarios)-
Just because someone has a high level doesn't mean they are in the according world (110=polaris, 30=marley, 60=celestia). So stop begging for help and asking for them to bring you to [insert world area here].

Those are some wizard101 stereotypes I often find, how about you? tell me below!

Alexander Dragondreamer110
Alexander Stormdreamer25
Church!

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
91
sKochiya on Aug 20, 2016 wrote:
Menu Chat players don't know how to play the game.
I disagree with you. I'm a level 87 wizard, and I have a level 110 friend who has menu chat, but has clearly good stats, and is filled with Darkmoor gear. Furthermore, I'm a menu chat person as well. You should really think before you speak, because you can hurt other people's feelings. Btw, I have a text chat account Level 13. You'd say I wouldn't know how to play the game.

~Katie Life Sword Level 87~

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
132
Also, don't assume that just because a person is a particular class that they are only going to use that class of spells. I play only a single character in the game - a life. Over time I have tailored all my gear to have universal stats. I also have all the mastery amulets (some won from gladiator, some from Stribog, some from other places, and a balance one I originally bought with crowns many moons ago).

I have spent all my training points learning spells from all the different schools and then some (crafted spells included). I have rigged equipment sets so I can click on a set and immediately be set for a particular set of dual school attacks. I can usually solo pretty well with this setup. Yes, it is not as powerful as my full gear Life Critical set (which itself is a mix of different gear - not all Darkmoor), but it works - and it works especially well in Mirage for some reason.

Often times it is not uncommon when entering an area with three different sets of battles, I will enter the first room and switch to fire / life mode, or storm / life mode (both pretty powerful combinations), or even death / life mode. I have gotten some complaints from people that I should use only my school attacks since that is my school. Many times they go speechless when I do an attack with a lucky crit that does far more than they ever expect.

I think that was the original design and purpose behind the amulets. I have seen other players also dual class with an amulet (lots of life amulets out there), so don't assume that just because a specific school person is next to you that they are only going to use their school attacks.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2013
4
I can relate to that because being a storm wizard with much power is just feels like im being used to defeat bosses that any school can take even the smallest health bosses - a comment from sep777

~Savannah Angle Blossom Level 47~

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
582
Most of the stereotypes are true and make sense though. They aren't stereotypes really.

Illuminator
Jan 18, 2010
1355
And! Let's not forget, if you PvP, especially if you're a high rank like myself, you're automatically "categorized" into one of the more "stuck up" players that play the Game


Geographer
Feb 28, 2014
909
All fire wizards use Meteor Strike

Geographer
Feb 28, 2014
909
XaZeRs on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
This is a list of stereotypes that i often see on wizard101, if you think of another please comment it!

Life Wizards will always heal-
Alright, I often see myself fall into this trap, because that's what life's are made for. In reality, though, there are many life wizards out there that prefer to hit rather then heal, and have nearly almost no outgoing heal.

Storm Wizards will always have the best damage, gear, etc. and in turn: hit-
Although this may be true for many storm's, it isn't always the case. I've seen multiple storms with avalon gear at max, and they were perfectly happy with it. I have also seen max storm's get bullied for not having darkmoor gear which is unacceptable. Each player has their own strategy and you can't force one on them.

Balance Wizards are utility machines-
Me, being a balance wizard, have this happen to me often. I often have the highest damage in a group of four (105, only beating me if it is a storm or they have a great pet), yet someone who has forty less damage then me will want me to blade and trap because I am a balance and that's what I have to do. Well if I have better damage, I am hitting so deal with it!

People with crown items have crowns-
Just because someone has a crowns mount or crowns gear doesn't mean they have crowns. Someone could have gifted it to them or they bought it with gold. You really shouldn't be begging to them, or anybody for that fact.

People with great pets will hatch with you-
Just because someone has a triple damage and double critical pet doesn't mean they will hatch. There are many reasons that could be why, but begging isn't going to get you that hatch you want.

Max levels have beat the game(and similar scenarios)-
Just because someone has a high level doesn't mean they are in the according world (110=polaris, 30=marley, 60=celestia). So stop begging for help and asking for them to bring you to [insert world area here].

Those are some wizard101 stereotypes I often find, how about you? tell me below!

Alexander Dragondreamer110
Alexander Stormdreamer25
I agree with you on life wizards.I play one and I hate it people when expects me to heal them whenever they want and not cast a single attack spell through out the battle. I'm sorry people but I'm not that kind of a life wizard who's going to do nothing but heal unless it's a major battle.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2016
2
Katie LifeSword on Nov 15, 2016 wrote:
I disagree with you. I'm a level 87 wizard, and I have a level 110 friend who has menu chat, but has clearly good stats, and is filled with Darkmoor gear. Furthermore, I'm a menu chat person as well. You should really think before you speak, because you can hurt other people's feelings. Btw, I have a text chat account Level 13. You'd say I wouldn't know how to play the game.

~Katie Life Sword Level 87~
Lol he was saying that it's a stereotype, read the name of the thread lol.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
CUTEHORSEY on Nov 15, 2016 wrote:
Also, don't assume that just because a person is a particular class that they are only going to use that class of spells. I play only a single character in the game - a life. Over time I have tailored all my gear to have universal stats. I also have all the mastery amulets (some won from gladiator, some from Stribog, some from other places, and a balance one I originally bought with crowns many moons ago).

I have spent all my training points learning spells from all the different schools and then some (crafted spells included). I have rigged equipment sets so I can click on a set and immediately be set for a particular set of dual school attacks. I can usually solo pretty well with this setup. Yes, it is not as powerful as my full gear Life Critical set (which itself is a mix of different gear - not all Darkmoor), but it works - and it works especially well in Mirage for some reason.

Often times it is not uncommon when entering an area with three different sets of battles, I will enter the first room and switch to fire / life mode, or storm / life mode (both pretty powerful combinations), or even death / life mode. I have gotten some complaints from people that I should use only my school attacks since that is my school. Many times they go speechless when I do an attack with a lucky crit that does far more than they ever expect.

I think that was the original design and purpose behind the amulets. I have seen other players also dual class with an amulet (lots of life amulets out there), so don't assume that just because a specific school person is next to you that they are only going to use their school attacks.
That is so weird. I've never come across someone who plays this playing style—besides non-Life wizards with Jade gear and Life mastery amulets. You can easily deal FAR more damage with your school gear and spells. But you do you.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
231
The fact is.
can heal better than any other school. (mine is max)
has more base damage than any other school. (mine is max)
has more utilities than any other school. (mine is max and a 2nd age warlord)
has more base health and resist than any other school.
has more over time than any other school. (mine is max)
can destroy all defenses better than any other school. (mine is max)
has more weaknesses than any other school. (mine is max and a 2nd age warlord)

These are not stereotypes, this is how the game is designed.You can choose to play to your schools strengths, or you can try and thwart convention. Either is fine. However, if you are in a very challenging situation (such as darkmoor) with a team, it would probably serve you to play to your strength and support your team in the way your wizard is designed. I prefer efficiency in my game play, that is, to beat the boss as fast as possible and get the best drop. So, I do tend to play to the strength of whichever school I am logged on to in PVE. PVP is a different story. That is where you can go if you have something to prove.
Amber

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
156
AmberRavenSong7 on Nov 26, 2016 wrote:
The fact is.
can heal better than any other school. (mine is max)
has more base damage than any other school. (mine is max)
has more utilities than any other school. (mine is max and a 2nd age warlord)
has more base health and resist than any other school.
has more over time than any other school. (mine is max)
can destroy all defenses better than any other school. (mine is max)
has more weaknesses than any other school. (mine is max and a 2nd age warlord)

These are not stereotypes, this is how the game is designed.You can choose to play to your schools strengths, or you can try and thwart convention. Either is fine. However, if you are in a very challenging situation (such as darkmoor) with a team, it would probably serve you to play to your strength and support your team in the way your wizard is designed. I prefer efficiency in my game play, that is, to beat the boss as fast as possible and get the best drop. So, I do tend to play to the strength of whichever school I am logged on to in PVE. PVP is a different story. That is where you can go if you have something to prove.
Amber
I'm not saying this is not what should or shouldn't happen... I agree, my storm is now Max as well and my death is level 42. Yes, I play the way it was designed but the game has changed a ton since the beginning. It is a stereotype because that's what is expected and not everyone is that way.

110
110
42

Explorer
Nov 08, 2015
68
i absolutely HATE the life one i have 96 damage and 600 critical i am not your babysitter (what i call healing) while i don't mind doing it for close friends who know i don't like it but need it i feel used when other people ask me to. just my opinion :D

110
Morgan Goldstrider

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
6
I honestly get annoyed when wizards get teased for losing or having bad armor because they are expected to be good. Also, the ironic thing about armor is that wizards don't generally get good armor.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
6
AmberRavenSong7 on Nov 26, 2016 wrote:
The fact is.
can heal better than any other school. (mine is max)
has more base damage than any other school. (mine is max)
has more utilities than any other school. (mine is max and a 2nd age warlord)
has more base health and resist than any other school.
has more over time than any other school. (mine is max)
can destroy all defenses better than any other school. (mine is max)
has more weaknesses than any other school. (mine is max and a 2nd age warlord)

These are not stereotypes, this is how the game is designed.You can choose to play to your schools strengths, or you can try and thwart convention. Either is fine. However, if you are in a very challenging situation (such as darkmoor) with a team, it would probably serve you to play to your strength and support your team in the way your wizard is designed. I prefer efficiency in my game play, that is, to beat the boss as fast as possible and get the best drop. So, I do tend to play to the strength of whichever school I am logged on to in PVE. PVP is a different story. That is where you can go if you have something to prove.
Amber
I totally agree. At first I thought that saying this was wrong, but that was just stating the fact. My problem is when people force others. Sometimes, though people get too sensitive and don't take words for their meaning.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
10
Low levels don't know how to play the game or just beg you for gifts or TCs.

Explorer
May 25, 2016
70
Idk if this is a stereotype, but most high lvl wizards (90+) just stop talking.
I've meet a lot of max people who seem to just not wanna talk anymore. :p
Lol

Another one is low lvl wizards are always new to the game therefore their "noobs" and have no idea how to play. Not always true. Could of started a new wizard and be an expert at the game :)

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
23
Just because I am an ice doesn't mean I want to go first. maybe I want to go last or third

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1318
OK first remember that people are listing things that they dislike or disagree with, NOT things they believe. The topic is stereotypes we dislike. :)

Stereotypes I dislike are probably based in age, gender or skin color. I have experienced all three already in this game, sadly! I will add most people in it are nice and don't do those things.

I dislike when people assume others are inferior to them and must cave to their demands. I dislike when some players assume that even IF the person is in the first spot, if the other player demands "pass" or "the boss is mine!" they must obey them. Where does that come from?!

A lot of players seem to enforce their idea or personal rules for play onto others they have just met, and that seems wrong to me. I think a lot of the items named in this topic boil down to that.

The Golden Rule applied in most things including games. Treat others as you'd wish to be treated yourself.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1318
I agree with so many of the things posted in this topic.

One that I like to see posted is the concept of others telling people they must play only within their school. Again it's one player forcing their idea of play onto another player. No one gives over control of their game to someone else. People sometimes need to not be so bossy ;) I know when someone feels strongly it can be hard but, each person spends their time and money and deserves to play the way they prefer.
I personally prefer to learn other spells because that way I'm not trapped if I run into an enemy from my own school. To me that makes perfect sense. I also like to have gear with spells from other schools. I do not see a conflict whatsoever. It works for me. I don't tell others how to play. I hope to experience the same respect.

1