Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Dream Team!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
So, I have thought about this for a long time, and I want to see other people's opinions on this. What 4 schools of magic work best together in any situation. I'll go first(please say schools, why each one, possibly each school's role within the team, and how they would work together to become the ultimate team). So, I would say Life(In my mind, this is a total given. You need healing for the others and themselves), Storm(highest damage school. Lots of big one-enemy attacks or a brutal Tempest), Balance(Traps, blades, other buffs, great damage increasers for themselves and all others.), and Ice(This is where it will get most debatable. Ice has most health. They have taunts. They have tower shields. They have an absorb X spell. Have the enemies target them, have Ice soak up tons of damage, have Life heal them, go back to step one and let the others do their thing.). So, Life, Storm, Balance, and Ice. Battle plan: Let Ice get some tower shields and absorbs from themselves and life on, then bring out a big taunt to all enemies(the rank 8 angle spell would do this nicely). Maybe have Ice use a Shadow Sentinel. While that's going on, have Balance and storm blade storm up and have Balance trap all the enemies while Storm builds up pips. When the damage starts let Life start healing everyone. While enemies are still focused on Ice, let Storm release a bunch of rapid-fire damage spells or a killer tempest. Let Ice keep taking damage and being healed, let Life keep healing, let Balance keep buffing, and let storm build up pips.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
Storm
For attacking the enemies
Life
For healing (buffing?).
Balance
For buffing.
Ice
Attracting the enemies attention.

Idk if this would work XD

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my dream team is whatever team my friends are on.

all of our wizards are self-sustaining and we don't pigeonhole each other into school stereotypes. so the combo doesn't matter: all of us get a slice of the action, regardless of what school we're playing at the time.

-

if i had to choose a more-stereotypical "dream team", here's what i would want on it:

balance (for buffing)
life (for healing)
ice (for tanking)
fire (heavy-handed, but not as fragile as storm)

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Balance, Death, Life, Storm... covers all aspects of buffs and healing and quickest kill. No need for Ice when Balance can tank just as well AND buff.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Skilled team players can make almost any school combination work. The key is good teamwork & using whatever assets you have to best effect.

If I wanted to blast through the game:

Tank:
Life (with both Jade and damage gear options) myth mastery, trained death to feint, all tri buffs, myth to frog
or
Death (with both Jade and damage gear options) life mastery, life trained to Satyr, myth to frog, Deer Knight.

Support/damage:

Balance (with trained storm & myth mass prisms, dispels)
and
Myth (trained tri buffs and death to feint)

Hammer:
Storm (WW/damage build)

The per-round damage and healing output of that team literally frightens me. I can't think of any fight in the game they couldn't rip to shreds. You have great hit, blade-hit, trap-blade-hit options, and any manipulation, buff, or de-buff you could ever need.

Certainly lots of other combos could work well. Balance/elemental team combos are fun too. If you want to build an ultimate team, look for ways to boost each other. Pick up gear, pets, and spells that complement both your own strengths and your teammates.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
The four best school team is:

Life: For healing, of course.

Myth: To take out any annoying shields and to take out blades at just the right time so the enemies attack will be weak.

Fire: Multi hits are perfect for those tower sheids, plus they have lot's of damage.

Storm: Storm will be the attacker, the strongest one.

Kyle L.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Legendary Myth Kin... on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
The four best school team is:

Life: For healing, of course.

Myth: To take out any annoying shields and to take out blades at just the right time so the enemies attack will be weak.

Fire: Multi hits are perfect for those tower sheids, plus they have lot's of damage.

Storm: Storm will be the attacker, the strongest one.

Kyle L.
...no.
Fire is somewhat redundant when you have Storm. Myth... Myth doesn't have blade removal without burning all the universal traps, and we have Shrike and Shatter TC. My ideal team would be a Life healer, a Balance tank/buffer, a Death buffer (dark pact is fun), and a Storm/Fire hitter.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
I would probably say Ice, Balance, Life, and Storm (in that order in the battle circle); Ice for tanking and taking hits, Balance for buffing the storm, Life for healing, and Storm for hitting.

Sean Firesword

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Definitely Life for healing and defense, then I think Storm because they're really powerful, Balance for shields and stuff, Fire because of overtime and they're pretty powerful.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
Robobot1747 on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
...no.
Fire is somewhat redundant when you have Storm. Myth... Myth doesn't have blade removal without burning all the universal traps, and we have Shrike and Shatter TC. My ideal team would be a Life healer, a Balance tank/buffer, a Death buffer (dark pact is fun), and a Storm/Fire hitter.
Well, if you already have Balance as a buffer, you don't need Death.

Kyle L.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Legendary Myth Kin... on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
Well, if you already have Balance as a buffer, you don't need Death.

Kyle L.
Oh yes you do. Overkill FTW.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Life (for heals), Fire (for attacks), Balance (for blades and traps), Ice (tower sheild and stuns)

Have the ice wizard put on some tower shields and stun the mobs, while the balance and fire powerup the fire. The life casts sanctuary and does heal blades and all that stuff and casts cycle of life on themselves and heals when needed. Fire attacks once fully tanked.

Angela Gem
Exalted

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
Robobot1747 on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Oh yes you do. Overkill FTW.
Well actually, if oyu already have a buffer, and you add a Death, than that's two buffers, Death is just a waste of space, where oyu could put another, more important school. There is no need for two buffers.

Kyle L.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Legendary Myth Kin... on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Well actually, if oyu already have a buffer, and you add a Death, than that's two buffers, Death is just a waste of space, where oyu could put another, more important school. There is no need for two buffers.

Kyle L.
If you aren't hitting you should buff. Two is fine, even three. If you build damage fast enough you probably won't need healing or shields, so two death on a team works, especially if one or both have trained elemental and spirit blades. Death makes a good tank, and has the ability to heal, weaken enemies, and boost every class.

It rivals Balance as the most versatile school in the game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

Kyle L.
All three other team players should be buffing the hitter in every situation. Ideally the hitter should never have to spend a single pip before they attack. They should only be casting school blades/traps/prisms for 0 pips.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Well, any school could play any role, but the most thought of are balance, life, storm, and ice. Fire could replace storm very easily, though. Myth and Death are pretty much the easiest schools to solo in, so I don't think they come to mind when thinking of a team, but hey, Death could be like balance, with traps and stuff, or it could be like life, with all the sacrifices, and Myth could be the main attacker.
It all just really depends.
Myrna Dragoncloud

Champion
Jul 13, 2013

Kyle L.
Actually, what Robobot was saying, was that the balance wizard would be part tank and part buffer. I recently did Mallistare, and I teamed up with a fire, a storm, and a death. It actually worked pretty well, and I went into battle first, and healed, buffed, and shielded everyone. So actually a death a a balance could work well together.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think Death could easily replace balance. Sure, Balance has better healing spells over time, but if we're talking adding to the over all damage of the team, Death's Feint is a pretty powerful spell. Combine that with either Supercharge or Backdraft, at almost any level, and most things just wont last that long at all. Just my $.02 USD :)

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
Dakota Death on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
If you aren't hitting you should buff. Two is fine, even three. If you build damage fast enough you probably won't need healing or shields, so two death on a team works, especially if one or both have trained elemental and spirit blades. Death makes a good tank, and has the ability to heal, weaken enemies, and boost every class.

It rivals Balance as the most versatile school in the game.
Well if you read what i said carefully, i didn't say i didn't like two i said it's a bit wrong for two buffers . Also, it takes quite a long time to make a one hit kill, even if you have to buffers, and you're a high level. The Enemie could also stack up, ( just a little ) and attack, while the deaths and the balances are trying to buff, and every round the enemy will attack, a put shields, and you need them tooken out, ( especially if you're defeating an ice ) and that's where Myth comes in, and takes out both blades and shields, while life healss the damage the enemy has made, and when ready strom attacks, ( with all it's buffs ) and fire can be it's back up.

Kyle L.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Actually, what Robobot was saying, was that the balance wizard would be part tank and part buffer. I recently did Mallistare, and I teamed up with a fire, a storm, and a death. It actually worked pretty well, and I went into battle first, and healed, buffed, and shielded everyone. So actually a death a a balance could work well together.
You're fight went well. Could it have been even better with a Storm, Myth, Life, & if you were a Fire?

Kyle L.

Explorer
Oct 07, 2010
Mine would be
Balance/Death/Star for attack and support
Ice/Fire/Sun for attack
Myth/Storm/Moon to use shatter and earthquake and destroy wards(or steal) and polymorph
Life/Storm/Shadow To heal and attack

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Legendary Myth Kin... on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
You're fight went well. Could it have been even better with a Storm, Myth, Life, & if you were a Fire?

Kyle L.
No, all the offensive schools would trip over one another, and the Life would be frantically trying to keep everyone alive. If you have a storm, you don't need Fire, and frankly I'm not too sure what Myth really has going for it in a group.

Oh, and everyone should be buffing if they have usable buffs. The tank should be buffing, support should be buffing, heck, the healer should also feint or something.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
seethe42 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Balance, Death, Life, Storm... covers all aspects of buffs and healing and quickest kill. No need for Ice when Balance can tank just as well AND buff.
That was my dream team and for the same reason,storm=power,death=feints,life=healing,balance=blades