Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wintertusk Level Cap Increase or Not

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
12
I just wanted to know if people think that there will be a level cap increase for wintertusk. I think there will be, because 1: They said their will be new spells, unless us legendaries just get on and see we randomly have quests for new spells or something. 2: Even if wintertusk is an extension of grizzleheim, what are the legendaries suppose to do, beat wintertusk just for the sake of beating it, and then stay the same rank then go back to pvp. No, people do quests to level up, they do quests because they achieve something out of it, the only reason I did grizzeheim when I was legendary was because of wintertusk. 3: The only way I think they would make wintertusk another side quest world is if they have another world planned to come out like two weeks later. I have already heard many legendaries complaining about how they are tired of constantly doing pvp, and how they want something new to come. If they truly do not increase the level cap for wintertusk, I will simply get on, have a look around the world, get my new spells and pet, maybe play a pvp to check out the new spells, then get off and not come back until the next world. Whats the point of playing a world that doesnt benefit me at all, thats why half the people you ask say they haven't even started grizzleheim, because they didnt need it.

Tell me what you guys think. :)

Seth Shadowmancer
Legendary Diviner

Administrator
We have already stated that Wintertusk will not introduce an increase in the level cap, however there will be something special for those who have reached Legendary!

We have only just announced the new world, more details will come, young Wizards, just be patient. We will give more details when we are ready.


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
5
Prof. Greyrose, while I wholeheartedly appreciate the new pet and new spells for legendaries, there is just no reason to even explore Wintertusk without a new level cap. There is sadly no incentive.

This is the whole reason as to why I have not finished CL yet, it is just not worth it to waste all of that XP.

And for someone who has poured a lot of time, and money ;), into this game I would like to see a new cap. And I know plenty others who would too. It has been nearly a half year since CL and level 60 opened, don't you think it is time to increase the cap?


Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
12
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
fallofenosis wrote:
Prof. Greyrose, while I wholeheartedly appreciate the new pet and new spells for legendaries, there is just no reason to even explore Wintertusk without a new level cap. There is sadly no incentive.

This is the whole reason as to why I have not finished CL yet, it is just not worth it to waste all of that XP.

And for someone who has poured a lot of time, and money ;), into this game I would like to see a new cap. And I know plenty others who would too. It has been nearly a half year since CL and level 60 opened, don't you think it is time to increase the cap?



Well let me put it to you this way. Dragonspyre, which was the first world to increase the level cap, came out January 2009. Celestia, the next world to increase the level cap, came out in October 2010. Although us Legendaries would like something new to do in Wizard101, I don't see that happening any time soon. In the mean time why don't you make some other wizards? Play PvP? Garden? I know, there really isn't much for a Legendary to do is there?

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
22
guess this thread was more of a "pay attention more to earlier stuff"

Defender
May 11, 2009
126
Side-worlds are to keep you entertained, get you a chance to get new gear and gold, and teach you more about the spiral. That is what Wintertusk will be like. It has Grandmother Raven the co-creator to the spiral. I think Wintertusk will have a lot to offer

Thomas Fireblade
-Lvl 60 Pyromancer

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
It doesnt matter to me weather there is a level cap increase or not. I am looking forward to the new world and seeing what happens. I am a legendary all i have to do right now is craft things for the GH house i crafted. I have searched for missions i may have missed and cant find any. So crafting is all i find interesting at the moment. With this new world i would finely have something new to do!! :D As for insentive mine would be for the story the battle and adventure. I also cant wait to see the spells they will be coming up with. I hope that KI works hard on this to make it to my expectaions because they are high :D Please dont over load them with level caps increases and things like that why not just wait and see what happens.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
46
Proffesor Greyrose, when you said that legendaries get bonuses, will this count that we get that thing when we reach legendary later on?

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
62
Blackomega34 wrote:
Proffesor Greyrose, when you said that legendaries get bonuses, will this count that we get that thing when we reach legendary later on?
No because legends have waited

Administrator
crystalfiod2 wrote:
No because legends have waited


Don't presume to know the answer, as you are wrong, young Wizard.

All Legendary Wizards, present and future, will be able to participate in the exclusive feature.


community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2645
Professor Greyrose wrote:
crystalfiod2 wrote:
No because legends have waited


Don't presume to know the answer, as you are wrong, young Wizard.

All Legendary Wizards, present and future, will be able to participate in the exclusive feature.


Are you describing a chance to an all inclusive paid vacation to Candyland !!!!!!

Just kidding, I'm sure Proffesor Greyrose doesn't want to send any young wizards to her home world for a "vacation."

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
347
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
fallofenosis wrote:
Prof. Greyrose, while I wholeheartedly appreciate the new pet and new spells for legendaries, there is just no reason to even explore Wintertusk without a new level cap. There is sadly no incentive.

This is the whole reason as to why I have not finished CL yet, it is just not worth it to waste all of that XP.

And for someone who has poured a lot of time, and money ;), into this game I would like to see a new cap. And I know plenty others who would too. It has been nearly a half year since CL and level 60 opened, don't you think it is time to increase the cap?



Well let me put it to you this way. Dragonspyre, which was the first world to increase the level cap, came out January 2009. Celestia, the next world to increase the level cap, came out in October 2010. Although us Legendaries would like something new to do in Wizard101, I don't see that happening any time soon. In the mean time why don't you make some other wizards? Play PvP? Garden? I know, there really isn't much for a Legendary to do is there?
Actually, the first world to increase the level cap was Celestia.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2181
Professor Greyrose wrote:
crystalfiod2 wrote:
No because legends have waited


Don't presume to know the answer, as you are wrong, young Wizard.

All Legendary Wizards, present and future, will be able to participate in the exclusive feature.


Thank yo Professor Greyrose.

And as to those of you who don't seem to have anything to do, check your badges. Yes, I know it can get boring but I for one don't like seeing all those incomplete badges in my log book. The worst one to complete is the undead badge, but there are many different areas of the spiral where this can be accomplished without fighting the same enemies over and over.

There are some (secret) boss battles that also give badges. Such as Kensington Park, Youkai in the Tree of Life, there is also one in Katz Lab, just to name a few.

There are some that actually count toward 2 or more badges. The Ronin ( I believe this is actually the Samoorai badge) badge for example can be completed by fighting them in the Cave of Solitude or the Undead(not the correct name for them) Ronin in the Village of sorrow will count toward the undead and the Ronin badge.

If this is not enough to keep you busy for a while, try helping others make their way through the Spiral, or start a new wizard.

At any rate there are plenty of things to keep you busy for a while.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
9
Blackomega34 wrote:
Proffesor Greyrose, when you said that legendaries get bonuses, will this count that we get that thing when we reach legendary later on?
yes they will

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
1
maverick3415 wrote:
Blackomega34 wrote:
Proffesor Greyrose, when you said that legendaries get bonuses, will this count that we get that thing when we reach legendary later on?
yes they will


i hope it is something to do with the characters not to do with being able to enter secret places

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
312
Professor Greyrose wrote:
crystalfiod2 wrote:
No because legends have waited


Don't presume to know the answer, as you are wrong, young Wizard.

All Legendary Wizards, present and future, will be able to participate in the exclusive feature.


its like grizzlehiem, no new level cap but new areas will be unlocked as you level up and for legendary's we will do the hardest part of the world a.k.a the end of that world