Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why the Moon School has to go!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
I'm starting to think PvP should be changed to WvW. Whiner vs. Whiner... Come on guys, please!

Explorer
Feb 24, 2010
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Instead of outright removing a specific spell, or, as the original poster suggests, a whole school, I'd rather see a level-limitation implemented. Perhaps one that wouldn't allow people to use treasure cards unless they are at or over the level where they would normally be able to obtain said spell.

That way, level -50 players cannot use Polymorph, Sun school spells or Aura cards; level 30 players cannot use Fire Dragon or Ice Colossus cards, and so on.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
trickster201 wrote:
To KI and whom ever this may concern,
I think polymorphing spells HAS to go. Its not fair to some people who did not gain acces to Celestia yet and cant use any Polymorph spells. I continue to get owned by a certain polymorph spell that is driving me insane!!!

So im just saying its not fair to those of the people who dont have those spells, dont people who gained Celestia have the advantage already? Why add another factor???

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

Ok, don't be jealous because you just aren't good enough for Celestia yet, ok?
Even if they didn't have the polymorph spell, they would still own you. Listen, Celestia is a reward to people who have earned it, people who have put in their time and dedication to get through all the diifficult tasks to get to it. Just because you aren't good enough for it, doesn't mean it has to go. Just because one person doesn't like it, doesn't mean it has to go. This is just your opinion, and is nothing compared to the good reviews everyone else who has it gives about it. take it from a Legendary: it will come in handy when you get stuck in a battle that is your same school, I should know. It will come in handy many times. Just get to Celestia and you will see how good it is for you. If you start a revolution and KI gets rid of it, you will be sorry, as it would help yoou too. Celestian things are a reward and not something to get rid of.
David Goldensword
Level 60 Pyromancer
"The Pyromaster"
Don't let things likme that tick you off!

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
trickster201 wrote:
I think polymorphing spells HAS to go. Its not fair to some people who did not gain acces to Celestia yet and cant use any Polymorph spells. I continue to get owned by a certain polymorph spell that is driving me insane!!!

So im just saying its not fair to those of the people who dont have those spells, dont people who gained Celestia have the advantage already? Why add another factor???

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

Dude, they EARNED the right to go to Celestia. And I honestly think polymorph spells are AWESOME. You know, if you want to experience the spells, you might as well go to Bazaar and let some of the Astral treasure cards show up. (May take a few tries.) When you try a card, you'll be thinking "Oh wow no I can't believe I actually wanted Polymorph cards to go!!" or you might as well just quit PVP altogether.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
Are you kidding. IT DOESN"T HAVE TO GO. Just because you can't adapt to the changes doesn't mean it has to go. What should happen is, you should play another aspect of the game. PVP isn't for everyone. If you can't deal with losing, then do something else. Don't suggest changes to a game because you are frustrated with your inability to adapt. I love PVP. I win some I lose some, big deal. It's a game.

Level 56 Life Wizard

Explorer
May 17, 2009
If this is really just a PvP matter only thing that needs to be changed is only being able to go up against the players in the same league your in with like a range of like 2 or 3 levels or something like that. The schools are great, the spells are awsome all thats needed to win any duel whether in PvP or enemies throughout the Spiral is to know your limitations and have a good strategy by setting up your deck correctly.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
well, currently they are lvl capping the polymorphs (test realm), AND pulling them off duel drops ... let's see how THIS one floats ...

i'm all for the lvl cap to them, absolutely AGAINST for the pulling of the spells off the monsters who are dropping them, they can help IN QUESTS when these skills are needed, and should be capped LIKE THEY WILL BE, for the pvp use for those of the appropreate level ...

that is as it is currently on test, the tears have flown

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
If you are level 26, don't play pvp with level 50+ wizards! What happened to all the common sense in the world?

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
are you insane moon spells are asome if you got problems in pvp with moon spells thenkeep training or get a moon spell treasure card

Survivor
May 13, 2010
kittyjack wrote:
I'm starting to think PvP should be changed to WvW. Whiner vs. Whiner... Come on guys, please!

:-( :-( :-( I totally agree. This post is funny but has a point. People need to stop complaining about the spells. If you cant beat them that just means you need to get some skill THEN come back to pvp. Use treasures if you want to whine so much. They can keep any hits at bay. But please get some talent then pvp. Moon school HELPS the person not using it in pvp. Gives you time to get ready for a big spell as soon as they change back. Or if your lucky it will make their health LOWER. Whats wrong with that people. Look at the glass half full not half empty.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
What makes me mad is that all the low lvl 1-4 are useing the moon spells to get a unfair advantage in pvp.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
well just lvl up then its not hard its actually fun :) just lvl upi get new spells BETTER ARMOR and you will be killing stuff very fast :D

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Evil Polymorpehd, Tower Shielding spammer Gobblers! lol AATHey frieak me out. THey are green blobs of doom

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I love the moon school. It is great to be able to polymorph if you need to.
For example, I am balance and since we have no convert prism like other schools do, when I am up against a balance boss, I just polymorph into storm or fire. It is a great tool for balance wizards.
And since you said you are level 26, you have no business fighting over level 50 wizards anyway. In pvp, choose a suitable level to fight.
Once you work your way up the levels and go to celestia and get the spells, I am sure you will be more than happy to use them yourself :D

Kimberly SpiritBreeze-Legendary Sorccer

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
trickster201 wrote:

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

Well, actually, there isn't just the polymorph spells in CL there is also star magic, and sun magic. So why would they JUST take away moon magic???? Plus, it's a great school. And it is kind of fair to the people who can't go in CL because
1. Some of the people aren't a high enough level to get the spells
and
2. It is more advanced like for the higher level people.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
MikeStrath wrote:
It is obvious that most of the players would rather get rid of PvP than the new spells...maybe that is the way to go. PvP is such a minor part of the game it would be better to remove that cancer than remove a healthy organ.

Do you play many games at all?

Staying power of a game comes from PvP, always. You know why an old game like WC3 lived for like 10 years and still boosts a decent population? The PvP competitive aspect. Hardcore gamers are the type that pays for an advantage in a game and they are the type that religiously wake up at certain hours to make sure they are using their energy efficiently. Softcore gamers complain, hardcore gamers own.

With a competitive element in Wizard101, NO ONE will bother with it after reaching level 60. It becomes a sick social network for teenage boys and girls who routine throw out random "I need a girl." and "I need a man." message when I rush through the Commons to buy more PvP treasure cards.

If people can't "pwn" other people in an online game... Why would they bother paying for it? There's no need for an "edge" if there's no one to feel the PAIN of your "edge". Trust me, PvP is a majority of the game; that's why there's so much PvP complaining. You don't like PvP, don't play it. OR make a logical analysis on why certain spells creates an imbalance that unintentional.

Polymorphs cards cannot be bought by low levels... So, it must be level 60 PvP that the OP is complaining about. How on earth is Polymorph dominating level 60 PvP? lol... Is the OP a Sergeant or something? Polymorph is very situational and not over-powered at all. I have never heard of anyone Warlord'ing off the back of a polymorph, lol...

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Historian
May 01, 2010
You know, when you get up to the levels required, you are gonna be on the opposite opinion almost garunteed (excuse the spelling) so while you get up there. Cry us a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

Scot Souldhammer-legendary pyromancer

P.S. nice perspective wohwoh5- Look at the glass half full not half empty.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
hunteray09 wrote:
trickster201 wrote:

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

Wow being a little harsh aren't you? You have to GAIN your way into celestia. We GAINED are way into it. You have to do the same. We earned all the stuff in celestia so it is NOT a disadvantage! I am a polymorph myself in the game and it is the best school yet!

~James SkullWielder~ Legendary Necromancer

~Death is the future Life is the past~

So if I earned invincibility mode, would that be fair?

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Because of how it was abused in PVP (polymorph changes your HP to a fixed amount, rather than the usual variable amount) by having low-level people purchasing/recieving polymorph treasure cards, polymorph treasure cards were banned from trade in the bazaar.

As a direct result, the only ways currently to obtain polymorph treasure cards/spells is to either be level 50+, OR fight in Celestia and hope you pick up one of the, might I add, quite rare polymorph treasure cards. Which, again, if you are under level 50 will be a daunting task that requires extensive help from other wizards.

In other words - it has already been fixed as much as it CAN be fixed without breaking the PvE aspect of Polymorph. And if you don't like level 50+ characters using Polymorph in PVP, then you might as well whine about how theurgists can use heals, or how pyromancers will wear down your shields with DOTs, or how diviners can do massive damage, or how you hardly can shield against balance damage...

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
trickster201 wrote:

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

If you are level 26 and you are fighting a player that used a polymorph then obviously that player is level 52 or above; which means you already had a stronger opponent than you in the first place and it's unlikley that you would have won anyways. There is no way a level 26 wiz can defeat any of my legends in PVP!

Therefore, the polymorphs are not the problem. it's the selection process. maybe you are ranked as a commander or above and at the time the only suitable match was someone lesser in rank but of a higher level than you.

I think the match ups are a problem these days because people frequently go up against stonger or weaker players than themselves and it makes the match unfair especially if the stonger person goes first..

At level 26, I prolly could defeat you with a single meteor, 4 pip judge, gargantuan poison, stormzilla, minotaur or seraph. Most of these can be used in the first round.

I've dueled some players who used polymorphs, and I find it annoying but not difficult. The most commonly used is the treant, especially in 1v1. What I do is shield and heal up to my full health, if they morph into treant. No use attacking then since they will probably just critical heal and you'd have wasted your pips. So just build up your pips until the six rounds runs out, by this time they have only 1 power pip while you got tons and then you can wipe them out.

The most challenging polymorph I have encountered is the storm Elemental while i was dueling on my storm. It has massive resistance to storm attacks and get's 1000 damage on wild bolt almost all the time. Luckily I managed to win the fights but only because i learned quickly,

I would suggest that you learned polymorph on one of your wizards so that you know the spells they have in their decks, that way you can have a plan to overcome them in PVP.

Hope this helps

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Dude really?
I dont have polymorphs but I love the school, it adds variety to the game. If KI were to take this away, soooo many training points would be set to waste. Also, lets look at your level, hmmm... 26... Yea good one, dude not picking on your level or anything, but why do you think they added a level restriction to it? Like, learning polymorph gobbler is level 50+ only, only level 50+ are suggested to fight it. Also, I kill people that polymorph all the time. The problem you are seeing with pvp is called TREASURE CARDS. Polymorphs dont have anything to do with the problem, they make it easier for me if it is something like treant cause i can then one hit kill. But if you wanna complain first see it from the perspectives of grandmasters and legendaries, we kill people like them all the time. You'll know what I mean by lvl 50, and understand this. So my opinion on this overall is, obviously, DO NOT TAKE AWAY POLYMORPH. Just because you complain about it doesnt mean its bad, nothing is bad that KI hasnt been working on. They adjusted Chain Stunning because it made hundreds, maybe thousands, stop pvping from being frustrated, I dont know many that get frustrated at polymorphs really so I dont see why your complaining.

Well, guess thats all for now!
-Nicholas RubyShard level 60 Pyromancer.
-Daniel WildHunter, level 47 Pyromancer at the moment.
-Hunter Hunter (trying to get smasher smasher badge lol), level 30 Diviner at the moment.
-John DeathHunter, level 17 Thaumaturge at the moment.
-Nathan Goldcoin, level 22 (i think?) Pyromancer at the moment.
-Jessica LifeHunter, level 24 Theurgist at the moment.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
FireDragonXX wrote:
Instead of complaning try to come up with a strategy to use their polymorphs against them, like if they turn into that storm cat thing they now are weak against myth, life, ect. And if you think that there is no strategy with them using polymorphs then give yourself a pat on the back for not using them (though I don't agree with there being no strategy involved with polymirphing). And I'm sure KI is listening to you but I don't think they would take away the game expierence for everyone else. Remember that this game belongs to KI, they own it and they have made a ton of changes to it already. It is impossible to make everyone happy and we should be very greatful for then even letting us use their game. So instead of staring a thread to complaine start one to thank KI for all their hard work. I also think you should try to enjoy this game as much as you can don't take it to srsly. Sometime you should try some polymorph dpells they can be very useful. Hae fun exploring ther spiral!
Look when you polymorph you dont change resist critical or damage you just have new spells and yea i agree with we should be greatful but KI goes by their opinion not really ours so some people dont like their opinion its not like they gonna sue them or something.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
trickster201 wrote:

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

look pvp may matter a lot to some people but to most people the only reason they use the moon spells are to help them defeat a battle in celestia, if you don't like it then pvp against people from your own level who don't have the moon spells. kingsisle already destroyed storm's wild bolt because somebody complained about how powerful it was in pvp. if they take away moon spells it will just make more people angry and more people will not want to play wizard101.