Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why the Moon School has to go!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
To KI and whom ever this may concern,
I think polymorphing spells HAS to go. Its not fair to some people who did not gain acces to Celestia yet and cant use any Polymorph spells. I continue to get owned by a certain polymorph spell that is driving me insane!!!

So im just saying its not fair to those of the people who dont have those spells, dont people who gained Celestia have the advantage already? Why add another factor???

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Well, this is obviously a PvP problem. Let me just say that moon Magic is, in my opinion, the best magic. I you're tired of getting owned by Polymorph spells, don't play PvP. It's the best contribution KI has made to Wizard101 and if you don't like it because it's an "unfair advantage"...well, that's too bad, isn't it?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Well, this is obviously a PvP problem. Let me just say that moon Magic is, in my opinion, the best magic. I you're tired of getting owned by Polymorph spells, don't play PvP. It's the best contribution KI has made to Wizard101 and if you don't like it because it's an "unfair advantage"...well, that's too bad, isn't it?

You know why they got ride of the old bolt? You know why they got ride of chain stunning? It is because it required NO strategy. Which is exactly what polymoprhs are, no strategy. If you can't win with your own deck and cloths, you dont deserve to be in pvp in the first place. It's not player verses enemy that is overpowered controlled by another player. If you cant win with your own deck it is just sad

Historian
May 15, 2009
no it DOES NOT have to go
polymorphing is one of my favorite aspects of this new world
even at a lower level i love ot use these to gain an advantage over bosses with my natural school resistance

seriously if you hate it DON'T pvp its NOT mandetory

i swear if another person from pvp complains i am going to explode
*KABOOM!!!*

like that

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
you shouldn't be getting killed by people who have these spells because they are level 50+ only, the REAL problem is the use of treasure cards in pvp. Otherwise you would never be going up against people who have these spells.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
It is obvious that most of the players would rather get rid of PvP than the new spells...maybe that is the way to go. PvP is such a minor part of the game it would be better to remove that cancer than remove a healthy organ.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
treasure cards should have level requirements in order to use them whatever the treasure card may be... that is the problem, not polymorph or moon school

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
simply ban them from pvp. the moon school is helping us survive pve. leave pve alone. KI has already proven that they can make certain gear at least pve or pvp only. examples :

1: crowns elixers are no pvp

2: crowns henchmen again no pvp

3: arena gear....doesn't work in pve

why is this compromise so hard to implement?

the 2 pip wands and the 2 spells helped lvl the playing field with the bosses in Cl starting out with 3 power pips and now we are restricted to starting out with only 2 power pips. i get hit with storm lord on a regular basis on the second round of battle even in the grotto.

and for goodness sake heals attract so much aggro that if i so much as put on a guiding light or toss out my sanctuary spell i am the target the very round i cast a spell like this.

if i get the call of the healer in CL as an emergency medic, if i go, my character Will die. as soon as i heal someone with a satyr spell on the first round all 4 enemies will focus only on me until either my character dies or the people i am rescuing pop off at least 2 good hits. this is crazy.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Maybe instead of getting rid of a whole school which other people enjoy and getting rid of PvP (both of which are extreme solutions to all the complaints) why not just 1)ban the use of treasure cards in Pvp, 2) Pvp with people of your own level, 3) quit complaining and just adapt. I love my Moon School Spells. I have no desire to Pvp with them, and will not. I also do not like to use my treasure cards in Pvp, simply because I like to use my school and my spells with my skills. I believe in fairness. If KI gives in to ALL the complaints, then they would have to shut down W101, because players have nitpicked every last little detail until they have convinced themselves that the game stinks. Sure, Celestia is frustratingly difficult. I have a hard time playing by myself. I love working with teams of people and do my best work there. I honestly don't understand why people complain so much. Just chill, go with the flow. If you get defeated a few times and get frustrated, go work on your crafting quests for a bit or decorate your house. That's what I do.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
I like polymorphs! and the moon school too! and if we got a moon school house, it could be made out of cheese! and i LOVE cheese! :D

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Well, don't get rid of it. Just don't add it as a treasure card.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
The thing is Poly-morphing spells aren't that good. It's just the health and the charms that are good.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
This is kind of sad, but let me go over something for you then.

1) If you dont like it, make your own game and ban wizards level 48+ who cant make it into the arena.

2) Here's an example of a battle that happened to me

I had just taken down all of one guys life and finally most of his spells, and he polymorphed into a pretty tough draconian. He almost always got power pips and sent super strong fire spells at me.

You know what though? If he turns into one of the monsters YOU HAVE FACED you should be able to beat him now. I just used ice spells and weakened him until he transformed back, then a centaur finished the job.

Complaining is useless, these wizards have earned the right to use good spells. If you keep complaining soon there will be no PvP.

Explorer
Jun 21, 2009
Instead of complaning try to come up with a strategy to use their polymorphs against them, like if they turn into that storm cat thing they now are weak against myth, life, ect. And if you think that there is no strategy with them using polymorphs then give yourself a pat on the back for not using them (though I don't agree with there being no strategy involved with polymirphing). And I'm sure KI is listening to you but I don't think they would take away the game expierence for everyone else. Remember that this game belongs to KI, they own it and they have made a ton of changes to it already. It is impossible to make everyone happy and we should be very greatful for then even letting us use their game. So instead of staring a thread to complaine start one to thank KI for all their hard work. I also think you should try to enjoy this game as much as you can don't take it to srsly. Sometime you should try some polymorph dpells they can be very useful. Hae fun exploring ther spiral!

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

You know why they got ride of the old bolt? You know why they got ride of chain stunning? It is because it required NO strategy. Which is exactly what polymoprhs are, no strategy. If you can't win with your own deck and cloths, you dont deserve to be in pvp in the first place. It's not player verses enemy that is overpowered controlled by another player. If you cant win with your own deck it is just sad

It tecnically using your own deck because thoose cards are in your deck and the cards you get are like cards under the cards. So yes they are in your deck.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
trickster201 wrote:
I think polymorphing spells HAS to go. Its not fair to some people who did not gain acces to Celestia yet and cant use any Polymorph spells. I continue to get owned by a certain polymorph spell that is driving me insane!!!

So im just saying its not fair to those of the people who dont have those spells, dont people who gained Celestia have the advantage already? Why add another factor???

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

Wow being a little harsh aren't you? You have to GAIN your way into celestia. We GAINED are way into it. You have to do the same. We earned all the stuff in celestia so it is NOT a disadvantage! I am a polymorph myself in the game and it is the best school yet!

~James SkullWielder~ Legendary Necromancer

~Death is the future Life is the past~

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Delver
Sep 20, 2009
Actually u can get Treasure Card polymorph spells. If you go to Baazzar and click on the Astral Spells in Buy, no cards might show up. But if you click of the Astral Spell icon for a few times spells from the Sun Moon and Star school will slowly appear. But sometimes when i want to by a very powerful polymorph like the Storm Bandit or Fire Draconian, it says Transaction not Aviable. So i think KI should fix that problem. I hope this helps! Oh, and if you click a lot of times and it still does not work exit it and redo it! Hope this Helps!
Ryan Lotusgarden Level 34 Balance Wizard

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
the game is not based around pvp there for they should not change things just so pvp can be "fair"

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
trickster201 wrote:

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

No! There is no need to ruin it for everyone else! Just don't fight above level 52's in pvp! KI has been working hard to add all this stuff for us and you want it removed? Insane.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
trickster201 wrote:

Jasmine FrostBreaker
Adept Thautmaturge
Level 26

You're a level 26 according to your signature. That means you haven't quite earned your way into Celestia yet, as another had briefly pointed out. If you're going up against people in PVP with polymorph, you're outta your league son. Explore some more, and maybe then people will actually take you seriously when you complain about how a school is op. Personally, not into polymorphing, but neither am I against it. Whatever floats a person's boat. If it makes 'em happy.

As for the person that was talking about the bazaar and how there is a possible glitch when a transaction wasn't made: other people bought whatever it was you were trying to buy, before you. Problem solved. They > you in speed and agility tbh. Drink a 12 pack of Red Bull and try try again.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Complaining about the moon school in PVP is ridiculous. If you do not like the way the PVP field currently is, then stay away from it! It is a separate part of the game, much like the pet pavilion.
And about those of you complaining about getting aggro while healing in Celestia: You are terrible healers. My life wizard is level 53 and has no problem healing anywhere in Celestia. You should take a look at how you play. Try to hold off the healing until you have traps, blades, and enough pips for an attack the turn after you heal. Aggro is no problem if the target is dead.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
It is obvious that most of the players would rather get rid of PvP than the new spells...maybe that is the way to go. PvP is such a minor part of the game it would be better to remove that cancer than remove a healthy organ.

well said!

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I like your sense in this matter! I think you are very right