Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's going on with the Wooden Chest?

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Recently, I noticed that when you open the wooden chest in CL, you get extremely low amounts of gold. I just open one and received 8 pieces of gold.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have gotten low amounts of gold and larger amounts. I have even gotten reagents and treasure cards. I believe the contents of the wooden chests are random.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 58 Life

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
Even though you might get low amounts of gold, you have a chance at some really rare treasure cards/reagents. Just today I got sunstone from one wooden chest. Yesterday I got the regenerate life spell treasure card which I didn't even knew existed. The gold amounts might change but it's worth it for the future prizes of rare treasure cards and reagents.

Administrator
That doesn't sound like it's working right does it?

Help us find out what's going on by sending us a bug report on this Wooden Chest that's skimping on gold.

Submit the bug through email to support@wizard101.com
Put Wooden Chest Gold Bug in the subject and in the body, put as much information as you can about the Chest itself - what zone was it located in, where in that zone if you remember, did it give anything else as well, etc.

We'll track down which chest and fix it, thank you!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 30, 2009
Professor Greyrose, ALL of the chest I gathered in Stormriven were that way. Usually around 10-15 gold in each but every one of them in that area are like this. All the other areas I've come across give an abundance of gold except this area. Hope that helps a bit.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
All the chests I opened in the Science Center were doing the same thing.

Under 20 gold on every one of them and no other items were given.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I submitted the problem to tech support as requested by Prof. G. and they are looking into the matter.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
Hello, I found one of these chests in CL
the location was Science Center
it was right behind the teleporter
the Realm was Unicorn in Area 1
the Time was 1:33 pm
and I got 13 gold

hope this helps

and THANK YOU for the new world and the improvements you guys have made

Stormwalker
:D :D :D :D