Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats Better?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I have just beaten (solo :D) the Jade Oni and now im in DragonSpyre.
But I sorta preparing myself for Celestia xD
So I was wondering...
Whats better
Star,Sun or Moon Magic?
Id like to know what im picking before its time to pick one

~Bai

Destiny SwiftStalker
Lvl 41

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Sun adds damage and accuracy to spells (not item cards or treasure cards)

Moon, you can polymorph into other things and get different spells. (If you do moon, don't do gobbler it's useless)

Star, you can put 4-round auras around yourself to improve your damage, resistance, etc.

I'd go with sun, I did moon, it's ok but don't choose it. At some points it's useless. Star is perfectly fine, in fact, star just a fine as sun, I'd just choose sun for later. Maybe, if you have the training points, you could train both sun and star! (Maybe moon)

-Molly level 72

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
I personally find star the most useful.

Molly is right about the moon school. I originally did moon because it looked really cool! But, I find that it doesn't help you unless you're with a group.

I buy sun tc, because Sun spells act like tc in battle anyways. You also have to learn minor sun spells first before you get to unstoppable, monstrous, etc. That wastes training points on spells you will no longer use.

Good Luck!

Keira Dreamleaf Level 79 Diviner "Struggling along in AV"

Tiffany Rainbowheart Level 46 "Leveling up to gain admittance into CL)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
LightsOuts on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
I have just beaten (solo :D) the Jade Oni and now im in DragonSpyre.
But I sorta preparing myself for Celestia xD
So I was wondering...
Whats better
Star,Sun or Moon Magic?
Id like to know what im picking before its time to pick one

~Bai

Destiny SwiftStalker
Lvl 41
Something very common to do is to train Sun school all the way and then to train Star School infallible and vengeance/fortify. Don't be tricked! Wait until you are level enough to train them! Then you don't have to spend extra training points.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade, Hope I helped!

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Molly the Balance ... on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Sun adds damage and accuracy to spells (not item cards or treasure cards)

Moon, you can polymorph into other things and get different spells. (If you do moon, don't do gobbler it's useless)

Star, you can put 4-round auras around yourself to improve your damage, resistance, etc.

I'd go with sun, I did moon, it's ok but don't choose it. At some points it's useless. Star is perfectly fine, in fact, star just a fine as sun, I'd just choose sun for later. Maybe, if you have the training points, you could train both sun and star! (Maybe moon)

-Molly level 72
You said "don't do gobbler it's useless."

That's rich! I agree, but compared to the other moon spells, gobbler is the all time best. I say this because you actually get resist and high health!!!!!!!!!!

Word to the wise, the "good" polymorphs don't have resist, 0 resist, or it boost the spell to you! (Unless the attacking spell is your school) not only that but the health is likely lower than your original health. What does that mean? Lower health, no resist, bosses kill you, pvp is worse, I suggest you train sun damage.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
This is an old thread, but if the OP is still reading, I'd do RS / WT before starting CL. Train all the sun damage boosts to colossal as soon as you can get them. Skip moon. Star depends what you are doing. Fortify, amplify, infallible, conviction, and empowerment can all be useful bit all depend on your playing style. Once you can train the school specific auras you will want them.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
You said "don't do gobbler it's useless."

That's rich! I agree, but compared to the other moon spells, gobbler is the all time best. I say this because you actually get resist and high health!!!!!!!!!!

Word to the wise, the "good" polymorphs don't have resist, 0 resist, or it boost the spell to you! (Unless the attacking spell is your school) not only that but the health is likely lower than your original health. What does that mean? Lower health, no resist, bosses kill you, pvp is worse, I suggest you train sun damage.
Ok... But it's spells are terrible.