Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what the fizzle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
3
hi, im fairly new to this game and im a lvl 24 balance person,
i have a wand its new but i fizzle out alot, any way to fix this or is it suppose to get me killed :(

hope to hear some good news

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2900
Use an elemental wand. They never fizzle, unless a spell such as Black Mantle is cast by your opponent. For example, at level 25, you might buy the Glowing Citrine Wand at the Bazaar for about 2500 gold.


Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
protieus wrote:
hi, im fairly new to this game and im a lvl 24 balance person,
i have a wand its new but i fizzle out alot, any way to fix this or is it suppose to get me killed :(

hope to hear some good news


Just try to kind of, forget about fizzles, they're just meant to add 'balance' to the game.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
1088
colagada wrote:
Use an elemental wand. They never fizzle, unless a spell such as Black Mantle is cast by your opponent. For example, at level 25, you might buy the Glowing Citrine Wand at the Bazaar for about 2500 gold.


Sorry, but that isn't really true. No wand gives better accuracy.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
522
I have wands for all the schools for my life wizard and almost all of them for my death. I change my wand quite a bit and it seems to help me. I had a life wand that kept on fizzing so I moved it do a different wizard and it cleared it up.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
4
Because wizard 101 made new updates to the game like the loading screen ( which I think is a little to much ) the spells that you cast fizzle more often the usual except the storm spells Honestly I think wizard 101 should fix this problem because my 90% spells keep fizzling and me and my friend are starting to get annoyed.

Alexis Emeraldheart -magus wizard
Nicole Goldgem -magus wizard
Nicholas Drake -Adept wizard
Michael Deathcaster -Adept wizard

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
24
you are fizzling more? i am fizzling less. i am a level 45 necromancer and fizzle like never and i have no accarcy plus at all. i use the wand that gives a power pip and has that death spell that takes 95 damage. (well spose to. takes 101 damage. evry time i see it i laugh really hard!) it is for level 45 and higher. get it for defeating this one boss i can't remember the name.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
160
protieus wrote:
hi, im fairly new to this game and im a lvl 24 balance person,
i have a wand its new but i fizzle out alot, any way to fix this or is it suppose to get me killed :(

hope to hear some good news


Fizzles are supposedly random. (But I think it's weird since I look like i fizzle more than a death person with no accuracy boost, compared to me, having a 95% chance, 5% from gear! Just be lucky you're accuracy isn't something like storm. And besides, every school gets a accuracy boost sooner or later from clothes.

Survivor
May 13, 2009
5
Fizzles and power pips are supposed to be at random yes, but this is not the case. I have noticed that playing over the course of year they are not at random. After so many battles I'll get a power pip streak where all I get are power pips and the battle right after that I'll get like none. Same for fizzling I'll not fizzle for a few battles then I'll start to fizzle like crazy in another battle. So I just think that they aren't random if they were fizzling and gaining power pips for me would be more even not just once every so many battles.