Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waverunners too powerful

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 22, 2010
I am a ice grandmaster wizard in celestia and have become very annoyed due to my quest to defeat Crustacean waverunners. They have almost double the health of other enemies and were better than some bosses. They start with four power. Pips and have really good spell. They are ice too and everytime I go against them I die. Please can their stats be changed? Thanks.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
You better get used to them starting with all those pips because most boss fights and lots of small battles from your level on will be this way. Come up with a good defense and make sure you get a cast first then you can shield before they have a chance to hit you.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I don't remember fighting any Creature with the Name "Crustacean Wavebringers". I searched the Name and there is no such thing. Do you mean Crustacean Waverunners?

If so, then yah, i remember fighting them.

I couldn't Defeat them(Crustacean Waverunners) without Shields and Major Heals and Friends. Lol.

EDIT: I just defeated them without Henchman.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
cooper1829 wrote:
I am a ice grandmaster wizard in celestia and have become very annoyed due to my quest to defeat Crustacean wavebringers. They have almost double the health of other enemies and were better than some bosses. They start with four power. Pips and have really good spell. They are ice too and everytime I go against them I die. Please can their stats be changed? Thanks.

My suggestion is, make sure you have the current best gear on for your level, all my wizards gear is either crafted or gold bought, slim your deck down to kill them off with out having to many discards, get Stun Block from Diego on Unicorn Way in Wizard City - every one should get it for Wintertusk & Celestia, one stun and a fizzle can defeat you, load a few of your Ice Shields, normally they will only get one big hit in if you get rid of them soon enough, a few sprites and hit the heck out of them, don't hurt yourself with converting, takes too long and they will just block it with a fire shield, for Ice bosses yes convert, mobs no.

Personally I level up a bit for Celestia, doing all quests and sides up though DragonSprye, I am finished with Grizzlehiem and do the first few walk around quests in Wintertusk, this way I am level 52 or so by the time I fight these beasts.

If it's any constilation they say Grotto is the hardest part. They are a wake up call but preview of how it's going to be from here on in. Bonus is if you manage to critical at this early stage of it and or have a pet with Spritely. My first wizard though here was a disaster until I figured out a combo that worked, this was pre side worlds to help level my up a bit also.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Because it's easier for KI to change the stats of a monster that countless wizards have defeated than for you to enlist help. Makes perfect sense.

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Celestia+ hit me like a brick wall. In order for you to do good you have to sort of change your playstyle a little bit, depending on how you usually played pre celestia.

Celestia+ is where you need to invest in shields. ALL shields. The 50% tower shield is probably #1 reason players train in Ice school. If you are like the average player, and train in Ice for tower shield, life for Satyr, and death for Feint, you'll have a shield against every element.

Use shields before you use blades. After your shields block the first round of attacks, you can blade, and unleash an attack of your own.

Just remember, shields. Always carry shields. Once you start getting the good equipment with plenty of resist and crit block, you can sort of ease up on defensive play and go more on the offensive.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
cooper1829 wrote:
Well im just asking for the health to be thousand instead of 1,775

Refer to first post.

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
cooper1829 wrote:
Well im just asking for the health to be thousand instead of 1,775

Refer to first post.

Dude, why do you have to be so negative. I'm just asking KI to change a number in a code. They make tons of enemies every world. How hard an it be?

Defender
May 31, 2011
I
Randomperson is right, they are called Waverunners. I remember coming against those. They are tough, but not impossible. I remember when I hit Celestia my motto became: "Shields are my best friend". I stocked up on shield treasure cards and before each battle I made sure my treasure card slots were filled with the needed shields. This made Celestia much easier for me.

Don't hesitate to call on friends to help on the battles you find too hard to do alone. If I am playing during a time friends are not, I choose to play in the crowded realms. I could usually find someone on the same quest as I and we would help each other.

I, also, found that less it better as far as loading my deck with spells. I always spend 1 training point to get the reshuffle card from Mildred Farseer on Colossus Boulevard so I don't have to worry about running out of cards. Whenever you do die use it as an opportunity to re-think your strategy for that enemy.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Celestia+ hit me like a brick wall. In order for you to do good you have to sort of change your playstyle a little bit, depending on how you usually played pre celestia.

Celestia+ is where you need to invest in shields. ALL shields. The 50% tower shield is probably #1 reason players train in Ice school. If you are like the average player, and train in Ice for tower shield, life for Satyr, and death for Feint, you'll have a shield against every element.

Use shields before you use blades. After your shields block the first round of attacks, you can blade, and unleash an attack of your own.

Just remember, shields. Always carry shields. Once you start getting the good equipment with plenty of resist and crit block, you can sort of ease up on defensive play and go more on the offensive.

Same here. Val (my necro) was doing just fine, until he got out of Dragonspyre- offing Malistaire was easier for him than fighting those overgrown lobster-things. Death is a trap-heavy class, and requires a ton of buffing before any significant damage can be done- I had to switch my play-style, too.

That said, Ice has higher base health/damage than the Death school does... OP, you may want to make sure you've got the best gear for your level- as long as it gives you a good combo- health, resistance, damage/accuracy boosts, mana, power pips, etc... Even if it's absolutely hideous, it will boost your stats.

OH, and don't forget STUN BLOCK! Poor Val found out the hard way that Crustacean Wave-whatevers like to chain-stun... he was lucky to even cast a spell before getting defeated. To save yourself some serious aggro, go back to Wizard City and visit Diego- it will be the best trip you ever make, and totally worth it.

Good luck!

El Veeb/Val Deathwhisper
grandmaster necromancer

Defender
May 24, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Because it's easier for KI to change the stats of a monster that countless wizards have defeated than for you to enlist help. Makes perfect sense.

just as it's easier to make constructive comments than to sit here judging everything people do that you don't like, what are you getting at?

Wavebringers are pretty tricky for someone to solo if they do not have a perfect deck setup, i suggest getting a team of four

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
cooper1829 wrote:
Dude, why do you have to be so negative. I'm just asking KI to change a number in a code. They make tons of enemies every world. How hard an it be?

And I'm just telling you that's an incredibly selfish question to ask of them. It's most likely not as simple as changing a number in a code, and as you said, "They make tons of enemies every world." I'd rather them not waste time sifting through coding to make an completely unnecessary change (when they're probably hard at work on the next update) because you're being, and I don't mean to be rude, lazy. The Waverunners are hard to defeat, I won't dispute that, but it's not impossible. Rearrange your deck; find some other wizards to help you. Heck, I'll help you if I can. But you don't change the rules of the game just because you keep losing; you change your strategy.

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
cooper1829 wrote:
I am a ice grandmaster wizard in celestia and have become very annoyed due to my quest to defeat Crustacean waverunners. They have almost double the health of other enemies and were better than some bosses. They start with four power. Pips and have really good spell. They are ice too and everytime I go against them I die. Please can their stats be changed? Thanks.

When I am taking my characters through Celestia, usually I find a good group of friends to help me out with the Waverunners. I agree with you, they're pretty hard for the level that a wizard would be in the Grotto, but there's more strength in numbers, so I suggest you find some of your friends who are willing to help you out.
-Ryan LifeGarden

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Hi, I agree with the wave runners health but I thought they were easy as a life wizard but they need to do a serious change to either the starting pips or their health cause it seems unfair almost to those who almost need 4 wizards to just defeat one almost at times.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i found the wave runners easy...

only thing i can say is...

learn how to augment your spells and enhance yourself.

then you can kill one with a single hit.

complaining about it isn't going to make KI change the game.