Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
Another one,
Your bill says wizard101 at least 5 times a month.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
One time, I saw some wildflowers along the road and almost picked them up because I thought they were a reagent.

Survivor
May 13, 2012
some ways you know you played this game way to much is you spend your life savings or any money you get your hands on buying crowns. when you fail your classes because you where thinking of what the new world is after azteca and thinking of new ideas of what it might be (me) you wake up in the middle of the night go to your sink wash your face look in the mirror and malistaire stares bake at you with his evil eyes. you go to the bank and ask them if they will put your clothes in the shared bank Steven mythdust lvl 84 you can find me everywhere in the spiral

Survivor
Dec 14, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
Mistwood that's funny professor.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
I've been playing it too much because:
1. I try to act like a wizard IRL sometimes x. x
2. I hum the music Easily
3. I try to pretend to act out malistaire cutscences occasionaly.
3. I'm reciting things wizard101 NPC's say
4. When someone gets angry sometimes i say, "Are you turning into Malistaire?"
5. I'm playing wizard101 almost EVERY day
6. I'm talking about it in school
7. I've convinced my mom
8. Sometimes pretend to battle wizard101 style with something or someone
9. Pretending to be Malistaire sometimes
10. NEVER GETTING TO DO HOMEWORK SOMETIMES!!!
And now you know i'm addicted!
Hannah Moonstone lvl 38 theurgist
"Live life to the fullest, like everyday is your last."

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Alura BH on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Please tell me I am not the only one who did this;

I was day dreaming about going on and kicking peeps on Wizard101, when my teacher said; "Ok, now we have a speical guest!" My first thought was Prof. Ambrose!! It was our princible.
Later, I asked out loud; "WHEN ARE WE GONNA LEARN SUN SERPENT!!!???" And then I was like and my teacher was like ?????????????????????
OMG ALURA!! Lol!!! One time I said really low "aye you aye ya" (the phrase the seraph says in the spell or at least it sounds like it ) to myself, and the person who sat next to me looked at me funny and I just said "What?" Lol and another time when my teacher said the word "Balance" in science class, I ALMOST said "Am I ready to learn Ra professor (whatever the balance teachers name is, I forget) ? Luckily I stopped myself before I could start making the sound judgement makes when casted. "AHEM!!!" Lol I love that spell

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Here are a few

-When 3 of your friends are feeling sad and you try to cast unicorn.
-When you wake up at 7:00 to play. (Guilty)
-When you find a pig, and then start running going like, "NO, DON'T SLICE ME". (Almost guilty)
-When you are over level 80. (Guilty)
-When you sit down on your lunch table, start eating, and go like "Where do they get these mega snacks?".
-When you stay up one hour after you are supposed to sleep thinking about what you were gonna do on Wizard101 the next day. (Guilty)
-When you find a piece of rock and say "Aha, lets hope I get a fossil".
-When you overburn toast to make Caliburnt Toast.

Robert Angleblade
Archmage Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Some of these things happen to me a lot, but i only play 1 and a half hours a day, I don't get how hardcore gamers feel the same way as me.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
When u see a rock piece of paper or some twigs and think OMG a reagent I don't believe that spawned here

Survivor
Jan 01, 2013
You know your playing wizard101 to much when you read each and every one of these comments... i think i have read to many

Jasmine SparkleHeart

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
When you minimize the wizard101 screen to have the bosses (or anything including easy guys like lost souls) resist and spells and stuff like from wiki.
Or look everything up before you decide something like what pet should I have.
Or almost respond with lol or yw or np or ty (which I do a lot with the Ty thing)

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
I don't do any of these I only play an hour a day. I would feel really stupid if i saw a stick and squealed '' ooh mistwood!! '' In front of my friends :) They don't play W101 so they would ask me '' What the heck is mistwood? ''

Another way you know your addicted is if you wanna play the game in real life.
I am addicted in that way :)

Nicole Blueleaf Level 33,

See you guys in later forums! Ooh i almost forgot. I am coming out with a new topic today or tomorrow so check for new forums by ME! the next time your on! The date should be November or still September

Bye! ;D

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
carterma on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

YES! I do that all the time!!! People look at me like I am nuts...

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you run up to someone on Halloween and try to duel with them.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when your dog has an account.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you get your paycheck in crowns.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when the only way your friends can communicate with you is through Text Chat.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you go on a tour of the world looking for a place called 'Ravenwood.'
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you build a room with a door inside a tree, which you named Bartleby.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you try casting Scarecrow on someone who's getting on you're nerves.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you change your name to match your character's name.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
When you see something colorful in the corner of a room and think "Ooh finally found that Smith!"

I shall say...I am guilty of having done this before

See you in the game!

~Esmee Lifecaster
Level 78 Life Wizard

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Brandon SoulThief on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you run up to someone on Halloween and try to duel with them.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you get your paycheck in crowns.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when the only way your friends can communicate with you is through Text Chat.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you go on a tour of the world looking for a place called 'Ravenwood.'
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you build a room with a door inside a tree, which you named Bartleby.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you try casting Scarecrow on someone who's getting on you're nerves.
  • You know you've been playing Wizard101 too much when you change your name to match your character's name.
haha that's funny instead of scarecrow I would cast like a helephant or something. Or maybe a phoenix. OR A STORM SHARK! No. I know. I would cast a kraken.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
How I could tell I'd been playing too much Wizard101:
1: I decorated my school binder and journals with a collage of spell cards
2: I turned an empty journal into a spellbook
3: I hummed Wizard101 music in the hallways during school
4: I asked my dad if I could have my allowance in crowns
5:I saw someone dressed as a ghost on Halloween so I attempted to summon a Fire Dragon
6: I insisted that my family and friends call me by my wizard's name
7: I finished all my homework in 10 minutes so I could have more playing time
8: I called my best friend nearly every day so we could play
9: I went reagent hunting in my backyard
10: I wrote an entire book about my character's adventures
-Steven Dragonflame Level 84

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
(As if there IS such a thing!)
10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
1 you are playing 26 hours a day 2 if not your fine lol

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Brandon SoulThief on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
I love my name so much I actually think I want to do that. Alia Winterwhisper ... I like it! I have actually yelled meteor strike at someone in 7th period... he was poking me with his pencil all through class. What do you expect me to do?
Alia Winterwhisper -

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Healer2704 on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
I've been playing it too much because:
1. I try to act like a wizard IRL sometimes x. x
2. I hum the music Easily
3. I try to pretend to act out malistaire cutscences occasionaly.
3. I'm reciting things wizard101 NPC's say
4. When someone gets angry sometimes i say, "Are you turning into Malistaire?"
5. I'm playing wizard101 almost EVERY day
6. I'm talking about it in school
7. I've convinced my mom
8. Sometimes pretend to battle wizard101 style with something or someone
9. Pretending to be Malistaire sometimes
10. NEVER GETTING TO DO HOMEWORK SOMETIMES!!!
And now you know i'm addicted!
Hannah Moonstone lvl 38 theurgist
"Live life to the fullest, like everyday is your last."
ALMOST every day? do you play for like 7 hours each time? if not you're not addicted

Survivor
Sep 07, 2012
Aldante1992 on Sep 24, 2009 wrote:
You know you've been playing Wizard 101 too much when your friends from Wizard 101 don't understand your references to Wizard 101. :?
I know right! I have to explain every other sentence to my friends from Wizard101!

Survivor
Sep 07, 2012
DarthNexus on Sep 26, 2009 wrote:
you have more then one account

you buy the gift cards solely for the pets
Oh yeah! That is so me!

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
You know that you have been playing wizard too much when you don't eat and use your lunch money to buy gift cards for wizard . Another one is that you start texting you friends like you would talk on wizard with text chat. I start to thumb my desk at school as if I was moving my wizard around on my laptop. You also know when you fall asleep at school because your up late leveling up.

Tara FairyBlossom Level 63
&
Tara GriffinBlossom Level 11

From The Realm of Wu

Survivor
May 15, 2012
googuylol67 on Oct 6, 2009 wrote:
i've got 3 ways to tell if you played wizard101 too much:

1. miss a day of school so you can play wizard 101 for 24 hours
2. act like Merle Abrose in front of EVERYBODY
3. say your name is the name of your pet on wizard 101

guilty of number 3 on your list.
I got to the max level of the live realm in a year I am thinking that might make the list to?

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
EpicSLETCH2001 on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
How I could tell I'd been playing too much Wizard101:
1: I decorated my school binder and journals with a collage of spell cards
2: I turned an empty journal into a spellbook
3: I hummed Wizard101 music in the hallways during school
4: I asked my dad if I could have my allowance in crowns
5:I saw someone dressed as a ghost on Halloween so I attempted to summon a Fire Dragon
6: I insisted that my family and friends call me by my wizard's name
7: I finished all my homework in 10 minutes so I could have more playing time
8: I called my best friend nearly every day so we could play
9: I went reagent hunting in my backyard
10: I wrote an entire book about my character's adventures
-Steven Dragonflame Level 84
I'm trying to do 10, which means I am officially 2x addicted Oh noes