Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips on Acquisition

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
There are 3 new spells that can be gotten as drops. I will not give out their location as this would be spoiler information, but I can confirm that all 3 spells can be Learned.

Here are my tips for aquiring these spell.

1. Use a 2 man team
2. Have 1 person defeat the Boss, then the minion.
3. Have the 2nd person provide support, give blades, traps, and heal.
4. Use Rank 5 spells to defeat both the boss and the minion.
5. Do not use your wand or any attacks lower than 5 pips.
6. Rotate with your friend who is attacking and who is support.

It did not take me long at all to learn all of these spells multiple times on both of my accounts. Good luck and happy farming.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Sorry, but what benefit do these tips serve if we have no idea where to utilize them?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Sorry, but what benefit do these tips serve if we have no idea where to utilize them?
Deductive reasoning. They all likely drop from Mooshu, and also likely from bosses that resembly the spells. I remember a boss in Shirataki Temple by the name of Zaneki, a Goat Monk. Only one in the Spiral. Probably he drops the Goat Monk spell. I heard that Samoorai spell was dropped by Shojo, who I think is also in the Temple, in the beginning area. And Kyuto, I believe, drops the Ninja Pig spell (also read this). So there you have it! Now we can utilize these tips to our heart's content. Thank you Darthjt, I shall assemble a two-man band of Wizards next time I am online!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
bionaknight wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Sorry, but what benefit do these tips serve if we have no idea where to utilize them?
Deductive reasoning. They all likely drop from Mooshu, and also likely from bosses that resembly the spells. I remember a boss in Shirataki Temple by the name of Zaneki, a Goat Monk. Only one in the Spiral. Probably he drops the Goat Monk spell. I heard that Samoorai spell was dropped by Shojo, who I think is also in the Temple, in the beginning area. And Kyuto, I believe, drops the Ninja Pig spell (also read this). So there you have it! Now we can utilize these tips to our heart's content. Thank you Darthjt, I shall assemble a two-man band of Wizards next time I am online!


I did not want to state specifically who has them, because that would be considered spoiler information and my post would not be published, you should know this AkihiroHattori5.

However, BionaKnight is giving good guidance to finding these spells, even if the spelling of the bosses are wrong.

Good luck and happy farming.

P.S. Do a search, because there are posts here that state specifically where to get these spells.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1621
bionaknight wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Sorry, but what benefit do these tips serve if we have no idea where to utilize them?
Deductive reasoning. They all likely drop from Mooshu, and also likely from bosses that resembly the spells. I remember a boss in Shirataki Temple by the name of Zaneki, a Goat Monk. Only one in the Spiral. Probably he drops the Goat Monk spell. I heard that Samoorai spell was dropped by Shojo, who I think is also in the Temple, in the beginning area. And Kyuto, I believe, drops the Ninja Pig spell (also read this). So there you have it! Now we can utilize these tips to our heart's content. Thank you Darthjt, I shall assemble a two-man band of Wizards next time I am online!


2 right one wrong
here is a riddle that will tell the bosses said to drop them but does give friendly tips

the goat monk with a uncommon letter at start will give gmlore
the samoorai of sow and jie will teach you the slore
a ninja pig with the school of ice with fire tc will teach the nplore
now once anyone learn the ancient secrets from these bosses from training with them will be able to unleash the unique spell that taught you

there this says who can drop the spells without giving a guide by guide who drops what
riddle me this can you solve the riddle above without asking for answers

hint hint hint
ya may have saw 3 words that arent real these are big hints and note they all end in lore but have a letter in front try figuring out what the letter in front is

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
grvy123 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Sorry, but what benefit do these tips serve if we have no idea where to utilize them?
Deductive reasoning. They all likely drop from Mooshu, and also likely from bosses that resembly the spells. I remember a boss in Shirataki Temple by the name of Zaneki, a Goat Monk. Only one in the Spiral. Probably he drops the Goat Monk spell. I heard that Samoorai spell was dropped by Shojo, who I think is also in the Temple, in the beginning area. And Kyuto, I believe, drops the Ninja Pig spell (also read this). So there you have it! Now we can utilize these tips to our heart's content. Thank you Darthjt, I shall assemble a two-man band of Wizards next time I am online!


2 right one wrong
here is a riddle that will tell the bosses said to drop them but does give friendly tips

the goat monk with a uncommon letter at start will give gmlore
the samoorai of sow and jie will teach you the slore
a ninja pig with the school of ice with fire tc will teach the nplore
now once anyone learn the ancient secrets from these bosses from training with them will be able to unleash the unique spell that taught you

there this says who can drop the spells without giving a guide by guide who drops what
riddle me this can you solve the riddle above without asking for answers

hint hint hint
ya may have saw 3 words that arent real these are big hints and note they all end in lore but have a letter in front try figuring out what the letter in front is
Thank you. Odd, could have sworn it was Kyuto. I'll consult Wizard101 Wiki after lunch, my Mooshu boss knowledge is slightly rusty in the Ninja Pig department.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
bionaknight wrote:
grvy123 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Sorry, but what benefit do these tips serve if we have no idea where to utilize them?
Deductive reasoning. They all likely drop from Mooshu, and also likely from bosses that resembly the spells. I remember a boss in Shirataki Temple by the name of Zaneki, a Goat Monk. Only one in the Spiral. Probably he drops the Goat Monk spell. I heard that Samoorai spell was dropped by Shojo, who I think is also in the Temple, in the beginning area. And Kyuto, I believe, drops the Ninja Pig spell (also read this). So there you have it! Now we can utilize these tips to our heart's content. Thank you Darthjt, I shall assemble a two-man band of Wizards next time I am online!


2 right one wrong
here is a riddle that will tell the bosses said to drop them but does give friendly tips

the goat monk with a uncommon letter at start will give gmlore
the samoorai of sow and jie will teach you the slore
a ninja pig with the school of ice with fire tc will teach the nplore
now once anyone learn the ancient secrets from these bosses from training with them will be able to unleash the unique spell that taught you

there this says who can drop the spells without giving a guide by guide who drops what
riddle me this can you solve the riddle above without asking for answers

hint hint hint
ya may have saw 3 words that arent real these are big hints and note they all end in lore but have a letter in front try figuring out what the letter in front is
Thank you. Odd, could have sworn it was Kyuto. I'll consult Wizard101 Wiki after lunch, my Mooshu boss knowledge is slightly rusty in the Ninja Pig department.


It is Kuto, not Kyuto, and that is correct for pigs.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
24
darthjt wrote:

Here are my tips for aquiring these spell.

1. Use a 2 man team
2. Have 1 person defeat the Boss, then the minion.
3. Have the 2nd person provide support, give blades, traps, and heal.
4. Use Rank 5 spells to defeat both the boss and the minion.
5. Do not use your wand or any attacks lower than 5 pips.
6. Rotate with your friend who is attacking and who is support.


Could you explain your logic here? As to how you came up with these "rules". They do not seem to be working for me.

1. done that, allthough the bulk of my attempts have been solo
2. boss first, then minion -- check
3. see #1
4. use rank 5 spells only - check
5. no wand blasts/rank 4 and under spells - check
6. see #1

darthjt wrote:

It did not take me long at all to learn all of these spells multiple times on both of my accounts. Good luck and happy farming.


Define long please. Is "long" 100 battles? 200? 1000? I've been battling these bosses for the past few days, have defeated one of them close to 200 times and have yet to receive one dropped spell, nevermind "all spells multiple times".

Thanks,

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
darthjt wrote:
There are 3 new spells that can be gotten as drops. I will not give out their location as this would be spoiler information, but I can confirm that all 3 spells can be Learned.

Here are my tips for aquiring these spell.

1. Use a 2 man team
2. Have 1 person defeat the Boss, then the minion.
3. Have the 2nd person provide support, give blades, traps, and heal.
4. Use Rank 5 spells to defeat both the boss and the minion.
5. Do not use your wand or any attacks lower than 5 pips.
6. Rotate with your friend who is attacking and who is support.

It did not take me long at all to learn all of these spells multiple times on both of my accounts. Good luck and happy farming.


Hi Darthjt,

Two man team does seem to work well.
We found that killing the mionion first was when we got the spell, both times.
We had one cast a AOE while the other casts an attack on the boss.
Fastest way we could find to take them both out in as few rounds as possible.
We did use Rank5 or above for all hits. No wands were used, in fact
we removed our wands to get at our spells faster.
It didn't seem to matter what location we were in, 1st or 2nd to get the spell.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
markus1492 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Here are my tips for aquiring these spell.

1. Use a 2 man team
2. Have 1 person defeat the Boss, then the minion.
3. Have the 2nd person provide support, give blades, traps, and heal.
4. Use Rank 5 spells to defeat both the boss and the minion.
5. Do not use your wand or any attacks lower than 5 pips.
6. Rotate with your friend who is attacking and who is support.


Could you explain your logic here? As to how you came up with these "rules". They do not seem to be working for me.

1. done that, allthough the bulk of my attempts have been solo
2. boss first, then minion -- check
3. see #1
4. use rank 5 spells only - check
5. no wand blasts/rank 4 and under spells - check
6. see #1

darthjt wrote:

It did not take me long at all to learn all of these spells multiple times on both of my accounts. Good luck and happy farming.


Define long please. Is "long" 100 battles? 200? 1000? I've been battling these bosses for the past few days, have defeated one of them close to 200 times and have yet to receive one dropped spell, nevermind "all spells multiple times".

Thanks,


You already are breaking the #1 rule and wonder why they are not working?

I have no idea why they work, they just do. I have heard and seen people farm all day and all night for these spells. Then they follow my guide and seem to get the spell within the next 10 rounds, or someone does.

When I follow the guide, usually someone gets the spell within 15 tries.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
I have been farming that ninja pig for days now. ** rubs eyes.

You guys just got lucky?

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
24
darthjt wrote:


You already are breaking the #1 rule and wonder why they are not working?

I have no idea why they work, they just do. I have heard and seen people farm all day and all night for these spells. Then they follow my guide and seem to get the spell within the next 10 rounds, or someone does.

When I follow the guide, usually someone gets the spell within 15 tries.


I never disputed that I wasn't doing everything "right" :P I was more interested in your thought process, i.e. how you figured out these "triggers". If, you don't know, you don't know.

Regardless, even following your guide to the letter, me and my friend are well over 15 times.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
8
Hi there I am maryone.

I have a question. I want to get the goat monk spell, I already know who has it. I sometimes fight solo because I can't get friends to help when needed and I can't use text chat because my account is muted so I have no way of asking my friends for help on farming for this spell. I have read the rules .

I can tag team with a friend even though I may not be able to get a friend to help.

I can only use rank 5 or higher attack spells and no wand spells.

My question is can I use rank 0 and rank 1 booster spells like element blades that increase
the damage done by my rank 5 or higher attack spell or defense spells that reduce damage done to me??

Thanks. Please respond.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
8
Hi there I am maryone.

I forgot that I had another question. When farming for the goat monk spell from the boss and the minion. Does it matter which order it goes in??
I just thought that I should ask you this because I have been defeating the minion first and then the boss or should I be taking out the boss first and then the minion??

Thanks. Please respond.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Maryone wrote:
Hi there I am maryone.

I have a question. I want to get the goat monk spell, I already know who has it. I sometimes fight solo because I can't get friends to help when needed and I can't use text chat because my account is muted so I have no way of asking my friends for help on farming for this spell. I have read the rules .

I can tag team with a friend even though I may not be able to get a friend to help.

I can only use rank 5 or higher attack spells and no wand spells.

My question is can I use rank 0 and rank 1 booster spells like element blades that increase
the damage done by my rank 5 or higher attack spell or defense spells that reduce damage done to me??

Thanks. Please respond.


Yes, you can blade and trap, those are not attacking spells. You can even use feint.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Maryone wrote:
Hi there I am maryone.

I forgot that I had another question. When farming for the goat monk spell from the boss and the minion. Does it matter which order it goes in??
I just thought that I should ask you this because I have been defeating the minion first and then the boss or should I be taking out the boss first and then the minion??

Thanks. Please respond.


Actually no, the order does not matter, but, when I did it, I usually took out the Boss first, then the minion. However, we have taken out the minion first and then the Boss and still gotten the spell.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
8
Hi this is maryone again.

That is good to know because my wizard is a pyromancer and has spells that damage all enemies on the field. The boss is a fire type it won't damage him much but his minion would become toast because he is not a fire type. MY wizard also has a few high spells that are not fire type spells.

If I half to continue to defeat Zaneki in order to get the goat monk spell I would like to know if leaving the dungeon will have an affect on getting the spell card??

Thanks. Please respond.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
8
Hi this maryone.

How do you go about training with zankei to get the goat monk spell?
Before you get to zankei you half to get the key by defeating a samuari first to get to him. My question is do I half to do the other shrines first while following the rules.

I really can't follow the first rule because I have bad luck in getting friends to help and I have no way of telling them that I am trying to get the spell and not to use wand spells or spells cost less than 5 pips.

The last rule is no wand attacks or attacks costing less than 5 pips.

Is there a certain way to defeat zankei that will help obtain the goat monk spell??

If I half to continue to defeat Zaneki in order to get the goat monk spell I would like to know if leaving the dungeon will have an affect on getting the spell card??

Thanks. Please respond.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Maryone wrote:
Hi this is maryone again.

That is good to know because my wizard is a pyromancer and has spells that damage all enemies on the field. The boss is a fire type it won't damage him much but his minion would become toast because he is not a fire type. MY wizard also has a few high spells that are not fire type spells.

If I half to continue to defeat Zaneki in order to get the goat monk spell I would like to know if leaving the dungeon will have an affect on getting the spell card??

Thanks. Please respond.


Okay, to put this simply. After fighting Zaneki, simply quit, it will ask you if you are sure, you say yes. Then sign back in, you will be outside of Shiritaki Temple, where you can simply go back in and fight both the Samura and Zaneki again.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Maryone wrote:
Hi this maryone.

How do you go about training with zankei to get the goat monk spell?
Before you get to zankei you half to get the key by defeating a samuari first to get to him. My question is do I half to do the other shrines first while following the rules.

I really can't follow the first rule because I have bad luck in getting friends to help and I have no way of telling them that I am trying to get the spell and not to use wand spells or spells cost less than 5 pips.

The last rule is no wand attacks or attacks costing less than 5 pips.

Is there a certain way to defeat zankei that will help obtain the goat monk spell??

If I half to continue to defeat Zaneki in order to get the goat monk spell I would like to know if leaving the dungeon will have an affect on getting the spell card??

Thanks. Please respond.


You can solo it, it just takes a bit longer.

You can leave the dungeon at any time.

The only thing you have to try for, is defeating Zaneki to get the spell drop. Once you go into the temple, you must fight the Samurai, then you can go directly to the air shrine to fight Zaneki, you don't have to do any of the other shrines or anything else.