Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is creepy.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Haven't you ever thought where the creatures in some of our spells come from? I always thought they were just sudden projections of light. But now that i analized it more, some of the spells we use we encounter them as creatures. Could it be that everytime we defeat a creature, we trap it in a card? This is for most of the cards since until today I haven't encountered a seraph or a pheonix, but this could make sense since sometimes when i defeat a boss i get it's tresure card.

What do you think?

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
I like to think that since some of these creatures are so powerful, their magic is trapped in these cards where they're used for good (usually) instead of evil. And the more powerful and dangerous the creature, the more damage it does.

For example, a Kraken is obviously going to be a lot more powerful than a few bats, and that's why it does more damage.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
You definitely have encountered a Seraph. Remember Lady Oriel? The creatures could also be summoned from another world or dimension.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
lifedude2002 on Oct 25, 2015 wrote:
Haven't you ever thought where the creatures in some of our spells come from? I always thought they were just sudden projections of light. But now that i analized it more, some of the spells we use we encounter them as creatures. Could it be that everytime we defeat a creature, we trap it in a card? This is for most of the cards since until today I haven't encountered a seraph or a pheonix, but this could make sense since sometimes when i defeat a boss i get it's tresure card.

What do you think?
You'll encounter Death Seraphs in Avalon... corrupted versions of Lady Oriel. Also, the level 75 Death School minion, Malduit the Devestator, is a dark Seraph.
I've always looked at the beings in our spells as summonings from a void-like spirit realm, similar to the stories of summoned demons. Creatures to be pitied, as they're brought forth only to do our bidding then banished back to the shadow-world from whence they came.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Lewski:
I meant in battle, i've never encountered a seraph in battle. But apparently they're corrupted versions of them so it's the same.
NerdyHamster:
That makes allot of sense. But what i'm trying to say is that this is a bit (very very very very VERY little) twisted. Imagine you being just a happy little, what, corrupted fairy and that one day a wizard just attacks you and then traps you in a card only for ANOTHER wizard to use you and who knows what after. Maybe i'm overthinking this .
TucsonWizard:
The realm thing makes sense. It would be cool if we could visit it. Imagine all the spells there

Survivor
Sep 23, 2015

What do you think?
I think the thing get trapped inside the card, BUT is treated like a V.I.P. therefore willing to help you in battle. As for TC, I think anything put on a TC explode after use like if you use a Thunder Snake after it use to aid in a battle it just explodes into nothing.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
UrbanPie on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
I think the thing get trapped inside the card, BUT is treated like a V.I.P. therefore willing to help you in battle. As for TC, I think anything put on a TC explode after use like if you use a Thunder Snake after it use to aid in a battle it just explodes into nothing.
Oh. That would make sense. I guess the creature in the card would just dissappear i guess.
It would be very funny if there was an animation for that, just a card exploding in your face

Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
lifedude2002 on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
Oh. That would make sense. I guess the creature in the card would just dissappear i guess.
It would be very funny if there was an animation for that, just a card exploding in your face
Well it would be worse for , and since you would be a explosion covering you. But a explosion when fighting Darkmoor, As Lydia Greyrose would saw "Oh my!"

Survivor
Oct 11, 2014
I've always thought of the cards as containers for the energy of the creatures, rather than the creatures themselves being trapped within. In other words, they are like a reflection of that creature left behind in a residual form that we have the power to call upon and control. Our own inner power then feeds the physical manifestation of the spell and allows it to be cast- the card merely gives us the knowledge to do so, rather like a spell book.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
SilverElite on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
I've always thought of the cards as containers for the energy of the creatures, rather than the creatures themselves being trapped within. In other words, they are like a reflection of that creature left behind in a residual form that we have the power to call upon and control. Our own inner power then feeds the physical manifestation of the spell and allows it to be cast- the card merely gives us the knowledge to do so, rather like a spell book.
That is the most logical, sound and senseful explanation yet! I realy should start seeing the good things in this game instead of everything being a creepypasta

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
I've always just thought that you were summoning the creature and it goes back to whatever life it has.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
well now I feel bad for Ra. Everytime I summond him... Who knows how many family dinners i've made him miss!

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010

What do you think?
"Could it be that everytime we defeat a creature, we trap it in a card?" - lifedude2002
Sounds like a Pokémon reference. I seen a lot of occasions where the wizard101 team puts references into there game, its one of those references.
Good reference catch.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
ScotSummerWand on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
"Could it be that everytime we defeat a creature, we trap it in a card?" - lifedude2002
Sounds like a Pokémon reference. I seen a lot of occasions where the wizard101 team puts references into there game, its one of those references.
Good reference catch.
Yes! I was bitting my nails for someone to notice my hint. You have my gamer respect.

Survivor
May 27, 2014
Sorry to bring this topic back even though it has been a couple days, just found it very intriguing.

As some people suggest, the energy is trapped inside the card. I disagree. Here is my reasoning, I don't know if this only relates to the singular card but, to all you Storm wizards, remember the Storm Lord quest? I recall during a brief moment when you talk to the Storm Lord himself, he mentions "You may CALL me at any time." Then when you head to the professor for the card he says something along the lines of "This will allow you to call for the Storm Lord's assistance."

So basically what I am getting at is that I think the cards are just calls of assistance. As other people have mentioned, maybe the roam in another world with every creature in the game with a habitat for each school. Though rather than being forced to fight for the player, I think the spell is a call to that creature for assistance and the card responds through either attacking or fizzling. Attacking is that they accept the call for assistance and fizzle is that they decline. Pretty neat theory huh? At least I thought so.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
Aren't most of the creature copies of spells corrupted? They're probably summoned from the card without any way to be corrupted or persuaded. I think there just aren't any other things in the card with them that could change their view.