Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The new team up is not cool!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I think the option to choose quest or farm is beneficial.
I think the option to choose minimum players is okay but not clear on if it limits you.

I think making it take you off team up if you decide to go in and look or try to solo it has
absolutely no purpose and it actually hinders what I have become used to since the game first
introduced team up.

I want to do a dungeon or instance. But I also want to have a backup option waiting in the background
if I fail. How does changing that aspect of the team up option help the player? In any way.
I fail to see how that one specific change of not allowing me to stay on team up while I try to solo the instance
does anything but hinder any and every players gaming experience.l

The whole time I am trying to solo something I am waiting and hoping someone will grab the team up.

So now I have to team up and just stand there, can't go in, can't do anything but leave the area that I need to complete an instance and holy cow someone just walked up while Im waiting but Im on team up and they go in solo because I am somewhere else instead of standing at the door waiting doing nothing.

This is seriously a big major deal. It makes no sense and if it has to do with, "Well there are a lot of people on team up waiting and it takes up server resources."
Then here is your answer! We paid for those resources, every month since this game came online!
This is one of the most pointless changes and if it is only related to your server resources after we paid you your membership fee then I'm calling thieves.

I want my ability to go into an instance while also being able to have the option to team up however the heck I want to! This change makes no sense. None!

This change was made because some players forget that they used Team Up. They'll get tired of waiting, go into an instance and then be surprised when, in the middle of a fight, they're teleported away.

Perhaps instead of canceling Team Up when you enter a sigil, we could ask the player if they'd like to cancel?

Arthur

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Jan 24, 2020 wrote:
This change was made because some players forget that they used Team Up. They'll get tired of waiting, go into an instance and then be surprised when, in the middle of a fight, they're teleported away.

Perhaps instead of canceling Team Up when you enter a sigil, we could ask the player if they'd like to cancel?

Arthur
I think that would be a better idea. In my opinion, Team Up does get consistent use, but it's not heavy use. By adding options for questing or farming, and the minimum number of teammates, it's further segmenting the Team Up users and could even increase wait times considerably. Usually, people who are questing or farming can go into boss instances together just fine, and even most dungeons require you to farm the final boss making it easier for farmers and questers to go in together. I think it's better to pool all Team Up users into one big group, as wait times can get really long outside of peak hours.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I think the option to cancel team yes or no while still being able to go in is exactly how
it should be.

The whole player base should not have to go through so much more optional stuff
just because some players are negligent.

Sometimes in life there are too many options where you seriously only need a couple.

The planet Earth just shouldn't change the way everything that is fine because there
are people who are inconsiderate to the rest of the human race.

So Please by all means, make the option available to stay in team up or opt out.

I cannot tell you how many times I have literally been one spell from defeating the final
in an instance and then I pop to the front of the dungeon instance with a team up.

To me, that was MY fault for not paying attention. 9 times out of 10 the most
I do is say, "Aw, one shot from the win."

Again, I stick to my first statement, sometimes lots of options are too many options.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Jan 24, 2020 wrote:

Arthur
Most other games feature a confirmation pop-up prior to transporting a player into a dungeon after a queue timer has been counting down.That's when a player could be reminded and choose to not enter if that is the main reason for the change.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
May I make another suggestion?

I really enjoy the fact that you added the option for Questing and Farming, but I've noticed one thing that I think needs to be added come Spring Update.

While there is a section specifically for Skeleton Key dungeons (and I thank you for that), I see no option for dungeons that also have Skeleton Key bosses in them. What I mean that if someone wants to fight bosses such as Simon the Sayer, Aphrodite II, or Ixcax CursedWing, there is no option in team up for that.

What I want is an option for dungeons with Skeleton Keys. It would simply say "Skeleton Key" with a bubble saying "This dungeon contains a (Wood/Stone/Gold) Skeleton Key boss suitable for wizards level __ and up." Or, in the case of a chest of loot, it would say "This dungeon contains a chest of rare items that can be unlocked with a (Wood/Stone/Gold) Skeleton Key." This would make it easier to find a team that all wants to do these bosses, without the hassle of going all over the Commons begging for assistance.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2008
I definitely agree that it would be very helpful to add the option to go into an instance while teamed up back into the game. The option to cancel is also a good idea.

As a late night player it is very hard to progress in the game when you need to team up for a dungeon and no one is online. While I wait to do these dungeons I like to do alternate quest lines with bosses I can fight alone. This has made leveling and playing in general so tedious and discouraging.

Thanks for looking into our suggestions!
-Michelle Moonshade lvl 62
-Michelle Stormheart lvl 48

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I was hoping that the option to cancel would happen with this most recent update. Is that still being considered?

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
I can go ahead with a thank you to the King Isle team.

They set it so team up remains and are now able to remain entering
instances alone to attempt solo or to be able to help others.

I am sure many people are quite happy we have that option back.

I would have to say the work they did for this fix for us players
was right on point and this is a solve for my statement and the
whole reason for my post.

Thanks King Isle for the prompt fix!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I use team-up often and I noticed another thing why some players are waiting a long time for help. Let me make a suggestion. If you want someone to respond to your request faster, ask for a team of 2 minimum not 3 or 4 on a single battle that can easily be won by 2 players mainly in the 1st and halfway through the 2nd arc. Many players may feel an overpowered battle is not fun.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Another idea to improve team-up: Please add a maximum team you want: 2, 3 or 4. That will put a more gaurantee on a battle that will not be overpowered.

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on May 15, 2020 wrote:
I use team-up often and I noticed another thing why some players are waiting a long time for help. Let me make a suggestion. If you want someone to respond to your request faster, ask for a team of 2 minimum not 3 or 4 on a single battle that can easily be won by 2 players mainly in the 1st and halfway through the 2nd arc. Many players may feel an overpowered battle is not fun.
I agree, there's sometimes just that one person who marks 3 or 4 players for a single boss instance! Yet they complain how long waits are becoming, and it is so very annoying. I like the idea of a minimum team and the farming/questing thing, but this just annoys me so much. I really wish this idea of a "maximum" option existed for single boss instances and such, because I don't really mind being overpowered, but I don't want to wait over a half hour just to get a third or fourth wizard in a boss that can easily be done with just two people. And I have no control over changing the setting either so I just have to quit questing for a bit :(

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
The Spiral Twister on Jan 25, 2020 wrote:
I think that would be a better idea. In my opinion, Team Up does get consistent use, but it's not heavy use. By adding options for questing or farming, and the minimum number of teammates, it's further segmenting the Team Up users and could even increase wait times considerably. Usually, people who are questing or farming can go into boss instances together just fine, and even most dungeons require you to farm the final boss making it easier for farmers and questers to go in together. I think it's better to pool all Team Up users into one big group, as wait times can get really long outside of peak hours.
I would argue that it doesn't even really get consistent use. I can be in a full realm and have to wait a whole hour or sometimes more for someone to join team up. It honestly feels like hardly anyone uses it.

Defender
May 23, 2009
The only problem I have is the new settings forces responsibility on the player starting the team up. Due to the fact this is a catered as "children" game, people aren't willing to accept the responsibility or just do not understand it. This is especially true for skeleton key bosses. The general unwritten rule is whoever started the team up is responsible for using the key to enter. The new setting makes it clearer to know who started the team. I've been on many of these team ups ready to help only to have people argue who's key to use. This reinforces that you must go in with friends for skeleton key bosses. Unfortunately, not everyone has the ability to make friends easily.