Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The GREAT Storm Revolt!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Okay i am just kidding its not a revolt but I am curious, how many people who have a storm wiz think the accuracy is extrodinarily low?

There is this one spell that packs a serious punch but almost never works.

What's the point? I never use it. Ok if i really wanted to complain i would say make that card 50% accuracy rather than 10% and it at least has a 30% chance of ever getting in my deck.

I was mad to have even earned it. 10% are you kidding me? LOL!

Okay i am done ranting.

back to playing.

Alexandria Grandmaster of the Storm, Balance, Fire and Life.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
The low accuracy is to balance out the high damage rate.

I too rarely use Wild Bolt, except as a chance to pass and gain another pip (with a small opportunity to do damage instead). I never use it when I am in desperate need of a hit. But I have gotten hits with it every now and then.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Well, one way to look at the card is it's better then passing. Because in the 1/10 chance it works, someone is really hurting and your a little surprised.

In group play you can make it more useful, just need a balance and a life mage. Time it right the three of you can add 10% each to the accuracy, beinging you up to 40. Crown gear can get you another 5-8 (not sure on thi since I have the old gear) so now your between 45 and 48, then make them treasure cards, sniper adds 20 or 25, so now your around the accuracy of your normal spells.

Yes, this is alot of work, but the spell also does 500 damage per pip. nearly five times the next best damage ration. You are literally hoping they get struck by lighting mid match with the card. It is just the one that requires more setup to make it deadly. When it works, people will be complaining when they are on the recieving end of it.

Hero
May 19, 2009
come on, you claim to be a grandmaster of all those schools and you dont know why storm has such low accuracy.

storm has the most powerful attack spells so its only fair that they have low accuracy

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
yep i sure am a grand master of all those school's and about to be one in death too. I am not saying i don't see the damage in that school it is one of the reasons why the health is so low as well. But i didn't need to be a grandmaster to see that did i.

I am saying that the accuracy is extrodinarily low dispite the damage. Also the fact that the health is so much lower than all others - my life and balance have the most - accuracy can mean the difference of a last minute spell saving the day or being killed in battle.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
come on, you claim to be a grandmaster of all those schools and you dont know why storm has such low accuracy.

storm has the most powerful attack spells so its only fair that they have low accuracy

Unfortunately, along with low accuracy, we storm wizards are also blessed with low HP... (I know, Boo-hoo)... Look out when we're on our "A" game, though...

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I think the low chance rate is bad for people starting out but with my storm wizard my hat gives 4% chance( my cloak gives 4%) for storm spells and some of my old items gave % chance from 2-11%. But most chance increasing items are for members ( like me :D ). Also storm % Chance are for storm wizards only.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
yes my gear amps my accurcy too but wasn't able to wear it until lvl 45 nothing that had any major effect.

Also, and thank you for this point platpus, the low accuracy makes storm a horrid secandary school unless you have the old zeke clothes.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
While its true wild bolt kusually never hits, here lately its accuracy seems glitched. People have recently been getting by wild bolt very frequently, and my brother has even been hit by a wild bolt that had a black mantle on it.
This is starting to lead to people complaining about the spell as some wizards are taking advantage of the glitched accuracy. :(

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
Apr 22, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
yes my gear amps my accurcy too but wasn't able to wear it until lvl 45 nothing that had any major effect.

Also, and thank you for this point platpus, the low accuracy makes storm a horrid secandary school unless you have the old zeke clothes.

I have to disagree about storm being a horrid secondary. My Ice Grand has Storm as a second and she ROCKS. I have the elemental blades and traps from Niles plus the regular storm trap, so she can pack a punch. Not to mention the high life from Ice.

I also have a Storm Master with Death as second and she's not doing too bad either. Yeah, we fizzle. Do I expect Wild Bolt to work? No, I think i have tried, lets say twenty times and it has worked once. But do I love my Storm wiz? YES! :D

I also don't wear most of the "Storm" clothes. I still have on crown gear from Marley that makes my life higher. Stinks because not as much power, but sometimes life is more important. ;) Just got her to DS, so we'll see what she gets there :D

Sarai Dragonstone Grandmaster Ice/Storm
Sarai Dragonheart Lvl 46 Storm/Death

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
I have no issue with my storm character. first I make gold cards using accuracy then it has gone from 70% to 80%. Next in game I use the 10% accurate card now my spell is 90%. And even higher with clothing so no issue if you learn to change you play and take time to make gold cards :)

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
Are you being serious with this thread?

The damage potential for a Storm Wizard is literally off the charts. The low accuracy is negligible with the right gear, and health can be shielded and healed.

So you have one spell that's a longshot. Look at Stormlord, Tritan, Stormzilla, Kraken, Sharks, Bats.....pffft. Spare me.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
well i not saying storm is a bad school. heck my main is storm, i find it sad that not more wizards are storm . But starting out in wiz city might be hard because of it's low chance. But for non-members storm shark is is very scary spell in the arena for low lvls and it has benefits in the long run.

Luke SkySpear

the wise noob

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
While its true wild bolt kusually never hits, here lately its accuracy seems glitched. People have recently been getting by wild bolt very frequently, and my brother has even been hit by a wild bolt that had a black mantle on it.
This is starting to lead to people complaining about the spell as some wizards are taking advantage of the glitched accuracy. :(

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

i know man:(. nearly EVERY time i go to the arena to do a ranked match, ( not all the time). I end up facing a wild bolt spammer, this is getting outrageous due to some odd reason for wild bolt having the accuarcy glitch as of late. Thats the main reason why i avoid pvp, but it is pretty simple to avoid. Place a few storm shields :D

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
:-) Lol even though i am not a Storm Wizard, i think that you need to consider Wild Bolt's Power.
For one thing, my friend is a Storm Grandmaster, and all his clother together give him a 15% accuracy boost in storm, which brings Wild Bolt up to 25% accuracy, and then there are still accuracy boosters.

Just saying.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Wild Bolt is really low! they should made it to 60 instead of 10. The Wild Bolt card is pretty much useless. :?

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
alura starglade
lvl 13 diviner

i just have to say, I'M A STORM WIZARD AND I'M PROUD OF IT! sure we have low accuracy rates but we can pack a punch. if you were to take a bunch of storm wizards and set them in a battle against a REALLY powerful opponent they might die within about maybe 5 turns. if your a storm wizz i suggest you fight in a group so you always have back up.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
OK so maybe wild bolt does have low accuracy but still 1000 Damage for two pips i think its worth it and i dont worry about accuracy because my robe, hat, and shoes give me a total of 10% accuracy up so really not a problem :)

Grandmaster Divner
A.K.A Lord of Lightning (nickname)
Jose Thunderbringer