Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Surprising Jewel

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
I was under the impression that jewels were going to give stat boosts, which of course they do, but I had no idea there were other things possible as well. After defeating a boss in the Drum Jungle he dropped a Triangular Jewel that gives a Fire Dragon spell card! Nice surprise.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
Something similar happened to me, i defeated krokopatra and she dropped and triangular red jewel with a fire elf on it, does this mean jewels can give us cards too?

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 33 (just starting marleybone)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
TucsonWizard on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
I was under the impression that jewels were going to give stat boosts, which of course they do, but I had no idea there were other things possible as well. After defeating a boss in the Drum Jungle he dropped a Triangular Jewel that gives a Fire Dragon spell card! Nice surprise.
Triangular Jewel (more Support Jewel) more likely get: Accuracy, Pips Chance, Spell Card (either type & random) some of them are just not going be attack spell because more of them then just attack spell)

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
946
If only there are jewels with school blades on them, I'll be very happy.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
818
What good is that? I'm not being snarky, but I can't understand why anyone would ever want to use an item Dragon.

Blades, heals, or manipulations on jewels would be very useful. Attack cards have no benefit since you can't enchant them and could get them from TC anyway if for some odd reason you wanted an off-school attack.

The jewel and socket system seemed like such a good idea, but the details don't make much sense.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
415
lewski on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
If only there are jewels with school blades on them, I'll be very happy.
Oh that would be real good like dragon blade

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Gemma Luna on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
What good is that? I'm not being snarky, but I can't understand why anyone would ever want to use an item Dragon.

Blades, heals, or manipulations on jewels would be very useful. Attack cards have no benefit since you can't enchant them and could get them from TC anyway if for some odd reason you wanted an off-school attack.

The jewel and socket system seemed like such a good idea, but the details don't make much sense.
For a wizard with a Fire Mastery amulet, being able to spring a Fire Dragon on an unsuspecting enemy could be quite a surprise. This is my ultimate plan for this jewel. Granted, you can use TC to accomplish the same thing. But as an example, if you're going up against an Ice enemy, using something like this on a ring or athame that gives Ice resist and Ice critical block would be a handy addition without having to use up a sideboard slot. I tend to change off my peripheral gear depending on the enemy so for me it's a good thing.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
lewski on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
If only there are jewels with school blades on them, I'll be very happy.
Agreed! That would be epic indeed.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Gemma Luna on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
What good is that? I'm not being snarky, but I can't understand why anyone would ever want to use an item Dragon.

Blades, heals, or manipulations on jewels would be very useful. Attack cards have no benefit since you can't enchant them and could get them from TC anyway if for some odd reason you wanted an off-school attack.

The jewel and socket system seemed like such a good idea, but the details don't make much sense.
I agree on the card thing

the jewels them self to me don't seem to be well thought out

1 I thought they said they never do anything like this last time this thing was mention

2 are gear already over power want the jewels make that worst like the 100 resistance gear now with the jewel couldn't we get at lest 45 more resistance to are own class or class were week in? making it like 145 or 104 if you had 60

3 I mean I do fined it interesting and kinda fun but to me truthfully it seems like they made the jewels out of hope of making more money because every socket is locked and unless you have some kinda tool that hard to get then you can unlock the other gem slots or use crowns to unlock them

4 the tour for the gems I think needs to kinda be like the craft quest if there going do this so you know were to fined the benders and how to make them i also would like it if they gave you like a object to play with the first gem you get sent it kinda lame gem

But to finish this all up They really need to take in the balance of the game and explain how the gems works and maybe give a book of the gems telling you were to go how to get it etc

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
276
sliver moon wolf on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
I agree on the card thing

the jewels them self to me don't seem to be well thought out

1 I thought they said they never do anything like this last time this thing was mention

2 are gear already over power want the jewels make that worst like the 100 resistance gear now with the jewel couldn't we get at lest 45 more resistance to are own class or class were week in? making it like 145 or 104 if you had 60

3 I mean I do fined it interesting and kinda fun but to me truthfully it seems like they made the jewels out of hope of making more money because every socket is locked and unless you have some kinda tool that hard to get then you can unlock the other gem slots or use crowns to unlock them

4 the tour for the gems I think needs to kinda be like the craft quest if there going do this so you know were to fined the benders and how to make them i also would like it if they gave you like a object to play with the first gem you get sent it kinda lame gem

But to finish this all up They really need to take in the balance of the game and explain how the gems works and maybe give a book of the gems telling you were to go how to get it etc
I shall answer your concens in order

1) times change they likely wanted to add more dimensions to the game

2) The resistance is not percent it is a flat number so that +40 you saw works in the way that if you are hit for 100 points of damage it remove 40 points of damage and you only take 60 points of damage, it works the same way for damage increase in that 100 would become 140.

3)This is true but at least you dont have to spend crowns just be patient, the way things tend to drop in this game probably need to be extremely patient.

4)Its not a craft quest but you can go to the vendors that sell you the recepies then go on the reagent grind, you can ignore the lower level ones thank goodness, and go strait to your appropriate vendor. There is also the option of fighting everything until something nice drops. You also get a low level athame and a 1% accuracy gem to toy with though you dont have to use that gem on that particular item (not that at level 100 you want a 1% accuracy maybe more like 20%)

Finally there is an intial quest that tells you how everything works in a decent amount of detail and there is a book in the new gem store that you can read whenever you want. (plus google for more specific stuff like who drops what)

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Discord Spiders on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
I shall answer your concens in order

1) times change they likely wanted to add more dimensions to the game

2) The resistance is not percent it is a flat number so that +40 you saw works in the way that if you are hit for 100 points of damage it remove 40 points of damage and you only take 60 points of damage, it works the same way for damage increase in that 100 would become 140.

3)This is true but at least you dont have to spend crowns just be patient, the way things tend to drop in this game probably need to be extremely patient.

4)Its not a craft quest but you can go to the vendors that sell you the recepies then go on the reagent grind, you can ignore the lower level ones thank goodness, and go strait to your appropriate vendor. There is also the option of fighting everything until something nice drops. You also get a low level athame and a 1% accuracy gem to toy with though you dont have to use that gem on that particular item (not that at level 100 you want a 1% accuracy maybe more like 20%)

Finally there is an intial quest that tells you how everything works in a decent amount of detail and there is a book in the new gem store that you can read whenever you want. (plus google for more specific stuff like who drops what)
About this second concen

OK even know you get 100 something damage with just you gear and if you bladed it it be more but still with the new resistance cap you can get with gems and normal gear added some jade gear it would be zero damage unless you have shrike and even then if you have a good gem that shrike is going be useless and truthfully i kinda feel like the ice class has lost it uniqueness now i mean ice is the resistance school sure it has a lot of health and blocks but when you first started ice you get gear that had resistance to everything now its like anybody can get it so it kinda makes ice seem useless sure you have tower blocks but truthfully what good is a block that can be wand hited and taken off pvp was already over power now it going be even crazier and i talk to my friends on wizard101 about it they said it a interesting update but it going mess up pvp and even know ice has a lot of blocks think about it most all you have to do is a wand hit all the blocks are gone and the only really other powerful block ice had is that frozen armor and that takes a lot of pips and it not even useful against death i mean i think some class are lacking now and losing what they started with like storm it use to fizzle because that was it weakness i have a storm and it has not fizzle in a long time like gh longtime and ice it sup post to be the block school well it seems more about power then resistance
if this keeps up not only will pvp be out of balance but the classes and gear and everything else will go out of balance

i mean i do not even try pvp now it just way to much op resistance op power op critical rates

if something dose not get fix people are going rage quit i mean half of my friends rage quite last year because nothing was done to fix the problems and truthfully if this keeps up it going end up being one of them games that i dislike playing even know it has a good storyline

the gems will make the game more interning but it more or less to make mone

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
284
You know they could always just add a "gem restore" spell, you could get it from Diego (this would be used for PVP of course) and that could just cancel out the gem effect of the other wizards amulet, athame or deck. Randomly of course, because if it would cancel out everything it would be to OP, plus it could be used once, so only one of the gem socketable (i think i wrote that wrong) items could be blocked.

Therefore it would be like:

"Blocks one random item (athame, deck or amulet) from gem effects"

So if you have a athame with a critical boost and a amulet with defense boost, then with this spell you could either block the critical boost or the defense. And if it would have more then one gem added, you could either block the one with just one gem or the one with two or three gems.

I guess this could be useful especially if you're gonna cast this on a warlord, if you're lucky enough to block the right item

Isaac GoldHeart lvl 34

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
250
lewski on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
If only there are jewels with school blades on them, I'll be very happy.
Jewel of the Feint ! . . . . . . that's already an amulet . . . Diamond of the Feint!

Feint Company Inc. (Not Real)
Dedicated to helping you, stack up Feints. Lol

Survivor
Oct 01, 2014
41
There are reports of school blade jewels. IIRC level 95 triangle jewels. So far I've seen Ice and life blades.